Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan (3008 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Strike Organised To Sabotage My Govt –jonathan / Obasanjo Wants To Run My Govt – Jonathan / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2013
The lingering crisis rocking the apex-Igbo
socio-cultural organisation, Ohaneze Ndigbo
came to the fore at the weekend when
notable Igbo leaders, including governors,
ministers, national and state assembly
lawmakers boycotted the annual Igbo Day
celebration.
This is coming as the group's President-
General, Gary Igariwey, foreclosed the
possibility of an Igbo occupying the
presidency of the country by 2015, saying
Ndigbo could only aspire for the plum job
when President Goodluck Jonathan or any
other South-southerner would have served
out his eight-year unbroken rule.
However, apart from President Jonathan and
Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State, who
were represented by Minister of Power, Prof.
Chinedu Nebo and Commissioner for Culture,
Joe Mammel, respectively, former Ministers of
Aviation and Health, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi
and Prof A.B.C. Nwosu, respectively, a
handful of traditional rulers, various cultural
groups, and other notable leaders were
absent.
In his speech, Jonathan acknowledged the
massive support he had continued to receive
from the people of the South-east since he
became president, pledging his commitment
to reciprocate the gesture by ensuring the
development of the zone.
"You have remained a pillar of support for my
administration; you have indeed given me
greater support than any other ethnic group
in the country. I want to also assure you that
I will not take your support for granted.
"As you are aware, my administration has
continued to make efforts towards addressing
the marginalisation of the zone. We are
already addressing the infrastructural deficit
in the zone; the international airport has
taken off and plans are underway to develop
it as one of the major aerotropolis in the
country. With the dredging of the River Niger
and the award of contract for the second
Niger Bridge, you can agree with me that the
South-east can no longer remain the same,"
he said.
The president further used the opportunity to
praise the Igbo people for the unwavering
belief in the unity of the country as evidenced
in the manner the people of the area have
continued to invest massively in every part of
the country.
"Igbos are resourceful, sociable, highly
industrious and have a strong republican
orientation," he said, and, therefore, urged
the people of the zone to rediscover and hold
tenaciously that the great attributes that made
the first and second republic Igbo leaders
thick.
Also speaking, Igariwey reviewed the place of
the Igbos in the country, noting that the event
called for a sober reflection.
"Our people have been expose to lots of
dangers; our people are killed recklessly by
Boko Haram and their properties destroyed.
Time has come for the federal government to
do all it can to check this ugly situation," he
said while calling on the people to cultivate
the habit of investing at home.
On the presidency of the country, Igariwey
lamented that the major challenge facing the
people of the South-east was their inability to
speak with one voice, noting that the only way
the people of the zone would get the
presidency would be for them to be united.
"Whether they like it or not, we remain the
largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Ohaneze made
it clear three years ago that we will seek the
presidency immediately after the South-south
would have completed its unbroken tenure
whether in 2015 or 2019.
"But let's us bear in mind that we have been
too quiet and that cannot get us the
presidency. The Yorubas fought for June 12
and eventually got the presidency with
Obasanjo; the South-south did the same and
were destroying pipelines and now they have
the presidency. Though, I am not advising
that we should destroy pipelines but we have
to show that we equally deserve to have the
presidency," he said.
On his part, the chairman of the occasion and
First Republic Minister of Aviation, Amaechi,
took a swipe at Igbo political office holders
especially governors, ministers and legislators
or having failed to take Igbo land to the next
level.
The elder statesman who went down memory
lane, lamented that unlike during the First
Republic when no serious decision was taken
in the country without inputs from the Igbos
was made, the South-east has been relegated
to the background, a problem he heaped on
the heads of the governors.
"Did we elect them to be blowing siren and
accumulating wealth? We gave them power so
they could use it to better the lot of the Igbo
man but unfortunately, they have failed us as
a people," he said, while calling for a
rediscovery.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-igbos-remain-pillar-of-my-govt/160312/
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2013
Yeah right. That was why you conspired with Peter Obi to deny us Soludo for another incompetent governor.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by ijawcitizen(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2013
He did not say such, an Igbo man did and for political reasons. Don't attempt to drag the name of the President to the regurgitations of your fellow Igbo man.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2013

On his part, the chairman of the occasion and First Republic Minister of Aviation, Amaechi, took a swipe at Igbo political office holders especially governors, ministers and legislators or having failed to take Igbo land to the next level. The elder statesman who went down memory lane, lamented that unlike during the First Republic when no serious decision was taken in the country without inputs from the Igbos was made, the South-east has been relegated to the background, a problem he heaped on the heads of the governors. "Did we elect them to be blowing siren and
accumulating wealth? We gave them power so
they could use it to better the lot of the Igbo man but unfortunately, they have failed us as a people," he said, while calling for a rediscovery.
This is the crux of the matter, how will south east progress with People like Peter Obi, Theodore Orji and Elechi being the the helm of affairs. A visionless and criminal minded governors at all levels. They are only competing for who takes the cake as the worst governor
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 6:51am On Sep 30, 2013
ijaw citizen: He did not say such, an Igbo man did and for political reasons. Don't attempt to drag the name of the President to the regurgitations of your fellow Igbo man.
shut the hell up fisherman, if we withdraw our support for Jonathan, his govt will crash. Ijaws are insignificant and are not even up to one million in number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by MayorofLagos(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2013
He should reward them by putting ibo man as his successor.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2013
I guess this is a good time to ask GEJ who he plans to hand over to 2019. Judging by the way Soludo was sideline, not sure it will be an igbo person. Soludo was positioned to manage the Nigeria economy as President.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by SterlingTowers(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ is a learner, first he deliberately makes them his pillar and when he crashes when his purported
pillar fails him, he should not blame any other person than himself and his pillars, secondly he has not learn from history that these guys are political strumpets and will leave with B-speed when the table turns. Ojukwu readily comes to mind. This also reveals that Mr. President has been marginalizing all other ethnic groups in Nigeria for his pillars little wonder most of the plum offices are reserved for them which they have been incompetently running and trust the ndi ofe akukwo they are ingrate. When 2015 comes the ndi igbo will vote en bloc for him and let's see who becomes president besides rigging. Goodluck to Mr. President

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Igbos!!! Until you are united, and present a single face, you won't amount to anything in this Nation! A house divided can NEVER stand!
As for Mr President's remark, don't gloat over that, he is a politician and I assure you if the efiks/ibibio's invite him for their fora, he will say the same or more!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by ijawcitizen(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2013
I'm not here to argue with some delusioned ethnic bigots whose brains keep manufacturing false information, fake goods etc.

I've stated the obvious fact that JEG never said such, you can keep manifesting more of the defective thoughts emanating from your deluded brain.

Whatever you say won't make any sense, it is a known secrest that you bunch are incapable of proper reasoning due to a consensus adoption of defective brainsets by the bigots from your region.

Support my foot!
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 7:39am On Sep 30, 2013
kaeyame: Igbos!!! Until you are united, and present a single face, you won't amount to anything in this Nation! A house divided can NEVER stand!
As for Mr President's remark, don't gloat over that, he is a politician and I assure you if the efiks/ibibio's invite him for their fora, he will say the same or more!!!
"You have remained a pillar of support for my administration; you have indeed given me greater support than any other ethnic group in the country."

This is no political statement, its the truth and jonathan knows this. Get back to me when you see him make this same statement to another ethnic group anywhere in the world.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by cjrane: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
shut the hell up fisherman, if we withdraw our support for Jonathan, his govt will crash. Ijaws are insignificant and are not even up to one million in number.

Mehn! Why is it so easy to deceive you guys?
So if i write Yoruba-citizen, i'm automatically yoruba?

Go check the posts of this so called Ijaw Citizen and you will easily tell his true identity. He isn't an Ijaw man at all!
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2013
ijaw citizen: I'm not here to argue with some delusioned ethnic bigots whose brains keep manufacturing false information, fake goods etc.

I've stated the obvious fact that JEG never said such, you can keep manifesting more of the defective thoughts emanating from your deluded brain.

Whatever you say won't make any sense, it is a known secrest that you bunch are incapable of proper reasoning due to a consensus adoption of defective brainsets by the bigots from your region.

Support my foot!
why not bring the notice to Jonathan so he can retract the statement since you have access to him as a fellow ijaw man instead being at risk of suffering heart attack over the statement. Its quite clear you like these false information and fake goods so much you can't do without it. Of course I know you are not ijaw but I just wanted to shed some attention to your pathetic life.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by cashkid18(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2013
ijaw citizen: I'm not here to argue with some delusioned ethnic bigots whose brains keep manufacturing false information, fake goods etc.

Support my foot!
bt ur shoeless broda kips puttin d ibos in d sensitive positions..why didn't he choose ur fishermen brodas who hv proper reasoning

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2013
cjrane:

Mehn! Why is it so easy to deceive you guys?
So if i write Yoruba-citizen, i'm automatically yoruba?

Go check the posts of this so called Ijaw Citizen and you will easily tell his true identity. He isn't an Ijaw man at all!
cheesy
That's the one and only alj harem, I just wanted to play along with him.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by cashkid18(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
why not bring the notice to Jonathan so he can retract the statement since you have access to him as a fellow ijaw man instead being at risk of suffering heart attack over the statement. Its quite clear you like these false information and fake goods so much you can't do without it. Of course I know you are not ijaw but I just wanted to shed some attention to your pathetic life.
dont mind d yoruba bigot hidin under d ijaw identity dening his Yoruba identity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ will continue to enjoy the support from the igbos.. We are majority in Nigeria that's why you find igbo people in huge numbers in every part of the world. The population is seconded by Hausa's you see them everywhere you go in Nigeria, there are millions of them in the east alone.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Oga, Ihe mere eme emego, anyi n'ile choro Prof Soludo ma na otu osi wee di, ndoro ndoo ochichi nwere K-leg.

K'anyi kwado Anambra State, kwusi ntisasi o'bula I bu n'obi maka odinma Ndigbo.

FreeGlobe: Yeah right. That was why you conspired with Peter Obi to deny us Soludo for another incompetent governor.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by dridowu: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2013
Ds is not new to 9ja politics, so y are my brodas frm dat region jubilating. If Tinubu shd host Jonathan, Oga Ebele would say d same thing just to achieve his own personal interest
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2013
Sterling Towers: GEJ is a learner, first he deliberately makes them his pillar and when he crashes when the his pillar fails him, he should not blame any other person than himself and his pillars, secondly he has not learn from history that these guys are political strumpets and will leave with B-speed when the table turns. Ojukwu readily comes to mind. This also reveals that Mr. President has been marginalizing all other ethnic groups in Nigeria for his pillars little wonder most of the plum offices are reserved for them which they have been incompetently running and trust the ndi ofe akukwo they are ingrate. When 2015 comes the ndi igbo will vote en bloc for him and let's see who becomes president besides rigging. Goodluck to Mr. President

Go and drink otapims now like your sage cos GEJ till 2015. We would not abandon him.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by SterlingTowers(m): 8:30am On Sep 30, 2013
gboss4sure: GEJ will continue to enjoy the support from the igbos.. We are majority in Nigeria that's why you find igbo people in huge numbers in every part of the world. The population is seconded by Hausa's you see them everywhere you go in Nigeria, there are millions of them in the east alone.

Really igbos population is only seconded by that of China but I don't see the chinese every where like the igbos then igbos must be more populous than the chinese that is an incontrovertible fact. You go fear logic it always aba made logic any way.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by SterlingTowers(m): 8:34am On Sep 30, 2013
toothpaste:

Go and drink otapims now like your sage cos GEJ till 2015. We would not abandon him.

The only sense you made is about awo being a sage. I will therefore not suffer your puerile drivel.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Why do ndi igbo always allow mere statements excite them, thesame way a cunning and insultive apology from fashola got them all happy?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
"You have remained a pillar of support for my administration; you have indeed given me greater support than any other ethnic group in the country."

This is no political statement, its the truth and jonathan knows this. Get back to me when you see him make this same statement to another ethnic group anywhere in the world.
He doesn't have to repeat verbatim, like I said earlier, if he goes to the ibibios and says "thank you for your support, you voted overwhelmingly for me at the last polls than any other ethnic group" etc...
...Same thing!... Politics
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Tranquill: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: I guess this is a good time to ask GEJ who he plans to hand over to 2019. Judging by the way Soludo was sideline, not sure it will be an igbo person. Soludo was positioned to manage the Nigeria economy as President.

I agree with you Soludo is a presidential material that should have been positioned to take over from GEJ but I feel he was rubished by Anambra politics which proved to be too tough for him. Either he did not position himself well or the desperate people close to him to be of help were more interested in their own ambitions such Dora Akunyili. I do not know if it is possible for him to be refurbished again. What I have been asking the South eastherners is, Where is CHUKWUEMEKA CHIKELU? They should bring him on board and give him total support as he has all that is needed not just for that position but to get the support of other zones.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by TeaParty: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2013
Hear this again,'Ijaw Citizen' is a yoruba guy.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
I prefer believing the words of a tortoise to the words of a politician. angry
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tranquill:

I agree with you Soludo is a presidential material that should have been positioned to take over from GEJ but I feel he was rubished by Anambra politics which proved to be too tough for him. Either he did not position himself well or [size=18pt]the desperate people close to him to be of help were more interested in their own ambitions[/size]such Dora Akunyili. I do not know if it is possible for him to be refurbished again. What I have been asking the South eastherners is, Where is CHUKWUEMEKA CHIKELU? They should bring him on board and give him total support as he has all that is needed not just for that position but to get the support of other zones.

The bold is the reason Ndiigbo might never produce a President of Nigeria. It is a really sad state of affair that individual interest is promoted above the collective interest or common interest.

GEJ was not president because the Ijaws sat on their ass and called for the presidency, but becausae he was positioned to be president at any eventuality. I have repeatedly told Ndiigbo on this site that they can forget about 2015 because GEJ is very unlikely to give up power and focus on 2019.

It was expected that the best of the best of Ndiigbo would put heads together and come up with a plan. Ngige is in the senate, why not contest for the senate president? Peter Obi is a national adviser, why not focus on that job and try to play on the federal level? Soludo was the only person logically eligible for the Gov of Anambra State at this point.

But no, they all have to fight for bread crumbs in Anambra State, one position and they all start fighting like hyena.One position.smh!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

The bold is the reason Ndiigbo might never produce a President of Nigeria. It is a really sad state of affair that individual interest is promoted above the collective interest or common interest.

GEJ was not president because the Ijaws sat on their ass and called for the presidency, but becausae he was positioned to be president at any eventuality. I have repeatedly told Ndiigbo on this site that they can forget about 2015 because GEJ is very unlikely to give up power and focus on 2019.

It was expected that the best of the best of Ndiigbo would put heads together and come up with a plan. Ngige is in the senate, why not contest for the senate president? Peter Obi is a national adviser, why not focus on that job and try to play on the federal level? Soludo was the only person logically eligible for the Gov of Anambra State at this point.

But no, they all have to fight for bread crumbs in Anambra State, one position and they all start fighting like hyena.One position.smh!

^^^You've said my mind! The day i realised that the selfish, greedy and materialistic goons masquerading as politicians in Anambra and Abuja had truncated the aspirations of Ndigbo in general and Anambrans in particular; that was the day my interest and confidence in anything 'politics' died!

If you get your hopes up high thinking that the electorate would have the chance to vote in a credible choice, the political godfathers will show you that your opinions count for diddly squat!
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by agbameta: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Very thoughtless, clueless and divisive dullard.

And what did they get for all the pillar? Reprinted village airport. The kind and the blinded followers. lol.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by waternogetenemy: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2013
It is not a matter of being pillar, but the igbo need credible leadership and to have their region structured and developed within the shortest possible time.
Re: Igbos Remain Pillar Of My Govt - Jonathan by waternogetenemy: 7:56am On Oct 01, 2013
agbameta: Very thoughtless, clueless and divisive dullard.

And what did they get for all the pillar? Reprinted village airport. The kind and the blinded followers. lol.

At least you people see Igbos as kind but i think one eye is better than none at all. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Quote From Bishop Kukah / Igbos, Important To Lagos APC Politicians To Grab A Win-pics / The New Boko Haram Video On Youtube!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.