Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47096 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
SimonAndal: Philosophy is a great course. Sadly thinking is above the highly limited capabilities of the Nigerian citizen. I could've gone for the course or psychology, but the allure of Google was too much.
A strong light on my dilemma
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nonybb: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
Ask Jim Iyke. He studied Philosophy and he was delivered

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bros, No Lele. In Nigeria your course of study does not matter as long as you have a connection.

With that your philosophy you can even be employed as a Surgeon,Engineer,Chief Accountant and Pilot.
Na your Godfather or Connection Matter.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by oladapoa1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
puf puf,
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2013

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Emmasonic4me: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
REALITY101: Nigeria should be the best country for that with the rate of crooks, retards and idiiots over there.

My friend sharrrap!!! U r not in Nigeria, so keep quiet if u dnt knw wht to say.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Onyema1: @OP when you graduate, you will become Aristotle. You will get to the root of the evil spirits troubling the country called Nigeria. Please, do quick and graduate, you will be once of the delegates at the National Conference. Good luck!
........My heart of appreciation!.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kamanda: Bros, No Lele. In Nigeria your course of study does not matter as long as you have a connection.

With that your philosophy you can even be employed as a Surgen,Engineer,Chief Account Pilot.
Lol..thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Police Officer or Pastor

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Vickyt: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
FOUNTAIN OF LIFE OUTREACH: Gen
38v9,10 Do you know it's not only
girls/ladies that abort? you being
a male, you say you use condoms
and after use you either flush
them away through the toilet or
throw them away. Don't you
know you are throwing away
generations by that act and simply
aborting/ stopping them from
coming to this world. You just
have to repent if you don't want
God to throw you away. God is
merciful and willing to save. Come
and stop this Edenic act. You need
Jesus
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Who are the people giving the op lousy advice? A degree in philosophy will severely limit your employability in future.

The only saving grace would be a 2.1 which csn get you into pwc or accenture. Outside of that, forget it. Unless you want a working life of misery

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by abacusCm(m): 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Since u are in Nigeria,u can even work in oil company.what matter most is connection.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
WASTE OF 4 YEARS. PLEASE DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH YOUR 4 YEARS THAN THAT

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by abatajjvii: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Become a great philosopher of our time
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by DavidHume(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
........My heart of appreciation!.

@Jonescyras.....all I will tell you is that don't be in an haste of asking what you can do with philosophy...the word is;wateva good u find your hand doing ,pls do diligently.....I undersatnd ow u feel...I was like you some five years ago when I was offered B.A philosophy as a course in Obafemi Awolowo University.ile-ife. Which I did nd enjoy all my stay as a philosopher on campus!

One thing I would assure you of is :if u know what you are doing be sure of an increased mental ability..just try as much as possible 2 graduate with 2:1
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by daylae(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
nwajoshua: just become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors winkjust become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors
don't hate,you'll be admitted someday too.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by edimabassey(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote
author=jonescyras]I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS
STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but
all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and
besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work
as,as a philosopher.....thanks[/quote] these days pple every1 works in banks... wat u study dosent reali matter.. just plan to b a gud husband too sha
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Richiy(f): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks bro...I aint willing to be a lawyer...I put in for pol sci. But offered Philosophy..I love Philosophy as a course, but Pol sci. Has upper hand in job securing than Philosophy and get good pay.(my thought)......
...I want to know if a philosopher also would find it easier getting a job and also paid with a good salary...
Pls help....
Wait o, if you applied for pol sci, then philosophy isn't so bad too. Anyways, you r really so focused on what job yu will get. Nobody can predict that for yu bro, just do whatever yu find very well, hope and pray because even a lot of people that did the kinda course shell accepts don't even have the said shell job.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Uyi168: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
U go dy philosophize
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
David Hume:

@Jonescyras.....all I will tell you is that don't be in an haste of asking what you can do with philosophy...the word is;wateva good u find your hand doing ,pls do diligently.....I undersatnd ow u feel...I was like you some five years ago when I was offered B.A philosophy as a course in Obafemi Awolowo University.ile-ife. Which I did nd enjoy all my stay as a philosopher on campus!

One thing I would assure you of is :if u know what you are doing be sure of an increased mental ability..just try as much as possible 2 graduate with 2:1
Thanks bro.... Pls can you inbox me your no? N perhaps email!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by gbokukueba(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
I see no reason why you should not do the course and it is too early to be asking this type of question when you have huge opportunity to learn and step chnage your future.
I will give you my personal experience, i was admitted into Political Science but because i didnt have Mathematics in O levels i wasnt registered so i had to choose between Guidance & Counselling or Psychology.
I choose Psychology and for the first year was trying to secure a move to History department because i felt i would do well there but thank God it didnt work out and today i have no regret studying Psychology infact am a better person because of the course i studied.
So my advise to you is go ahead and do the course and trust God to settle your future... by the way when did they merge Philosophy and Religious Studies in your school? It used to be seperate...
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Richiy:
Wait o, if you applied for pol sci, then philosophy isn't so bad too. Anyways, you r really so focused on what job yu will get. Nobody can predict that for yu bro, just do whatever yu find very well, hope and pray because even a lot of people that did the kinda course shell accepts don't even have the said shell job.
Thanks bros!!!....
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
My advice bro is for you to accept the course you were given because half chin-chin is way better than full poff-poff. then next year write Jamb again , i would not even advise you to go for pol sci. Go for law. tenk tongue
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Philosophy? I think That's the course that most of the proclaimed Grand.Masters offered...plus some confused atheists....mind travel, transmigration and stuffs like that, i'm sure You'll find out more about philosophers as time goes on....
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Emmysteve(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
I was once in your shoe. i applied for Law but was offerd philosophy to study. By God's grace today i am a holder of B.A Philosophy. go for it and you wont regret

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by bigx(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Before you applied for admission, you didnt ask this question?

there's nothing wrong with the course though.

decide in a career path and develop yourself in that direction
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by papushki(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Back it up with professional courses and don't wait till u graduate before u start d courses. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management will be ok.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kamanda: Bros, No Lele. In Nigeria your course of study does not matter as long as you have a connection.

With that your philosophy you can even be employed as a Surgeon,Engineer,Chief Accountant and Pilot.
NBMRWL ooo
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
gbokukueba: I see no reason why you should not do the course and it is too early to be asking this type of question when you have huge opportunity to learn and step chnage your future.
I will give you my personal experience, i was admitted into Political Science but because i didnt have Mathematics in O levels i wasnt registered so i had to choose between Guidance & Counselling or Psychology.
I choose Psychology and for the first year was trying to secure a move to History department because i felt i would do well there but thank God it didnt work out and today i have no regret studying Psychology infact am a better person because of the course i studied.
So my advise to you is go ahead and do the course and trust God to settle your future... by the way when did they merge Philosophy and Religious Studies in your school? It used to be seperate...
...Yes, at aaua we have Philosophy as a course, religious studies as a course.. But mine is combined( a double honored course).
..By the way.. Thanks for your advice.. It helps

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
simply philosophizing
maybe for our president
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
bigx: Before you applied for admission, you didnt ask this question?

am nt sure u undastand d OP questn b4 asking this go bk and check

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Imo State University [IMSU] Releases 2nd Supplementary Admission List / Hilarious Examination Questions From A Nigerian University Goes Viral (Photo) / NDA Past Questions And Answers | Download Up-to-date Free Past Questions Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.