Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,348 members, 7,780,933 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day (4635 Views)

We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / Photo: This Man Married These Two Beautiful Ladies Same Day / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Jochebed7(f): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
we are planning a wedding in my family and i realise a one day ceremony will help to cut costs drastically. Hwever those I've witnessed with one day ceremonies didnt really go so well. I would really appreciate ideas on how to make it work and if u had such a wedding pls share with us how you did it
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by remsonik(f): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
Get everything set before the day so you don't have to start runing helter skelter on that day. Also you need to keep to time,the engagement can start like 7am while it ends by 10am. The wedding can start around 11 or 12 noon so u ve ample time to relax and get ready for the wedding. Let task be designated to people and make sure everyone does what he/she is asked to do so as to avoid conflict of interest. Cooking might have to start around 4am in the morning,the bridal hair and makeup has to start very early, u might have to get your decorators to work a day before so as to get things done on time. Goodluck and all the best

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by jokepearl(f): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Getting a wedding planner might help, but there are stuffs you can't control. E.g Even if engagement is slated to start at 7am, what if the grooms family doesn't show up until 10am?

Also having all events at the same place or very close to each other will help, because travelling to different venues maybe an be a hassle.
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by ay0201(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jochebed_7: we are planning a wedding in my family and i realise a one day ceremony will help to cut costs drastically. Hwever those I've witnessed with one day ceremonies didnt really go so well. I would really appreciate ideas on how to make it work and if u had such a wedding pls share with us how you did it
Go to church first then combine the engagement and reception together. As simple as ABC. Planning same for myself too.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Jochebed7(f): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
thanks for ur responses. Seen a case where d bride could not make it to church on time and its one of these strict churches where they dont wait. The idea of combining engagement and reception, wish I've witnessed it before to have a mental picture. Wish for more ideas though.
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by komek(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2013
@OP, from the one we planned in our family, it was so successful.
One major factor u have to put into consideration is the kins men of the bride and that responsibility will be carried out by the brides parents.

They will come very early to collect their pride price. As soon as the pride price has been paid, the next thing is to proceed to the church. Thank God some reasonable churches don't waste time during weddings.
The next step is for u to go back to the brides home to continue with the reception.
Note: Every thing should be done within same location.
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Tgirl4real(f): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
If you need a wedding planner holla @ me. cheesy
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
You have to consider:
1. Location of the engagement, church and reception venues.
2. Time for each event
3. Coordination of both families
4. Bride & groom, bridal train & groom men's changing room
5. Couple's parent's dress-would same dress be worn for the whole events or would they later change?
6. Coordination of the caterer, makeup artist, camera men etc

In my family, it was all done at the same location-just one spot. The church has a hall, which served as the venue for engagement(in the morning by 8am) and reception(later in the afternoon).

So our guests didn't have to drive, all they had to do was walk-from hall(engagement) to church(for joining) and back to hall again(for reception).

The decoration was done the day before. After the engagement was done, the decoration was re-modified for the reception but the chief decorator already did it the previous night but had it well hidden with the engagement decoration.

When the church service was on, the caterer and decorator were rearranging the venue for reception.

Usually, morning engagements are mostly attended by families and few friends; so a small portion of the hall was used with the rest already pre-arranged for reception.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Tgirl4real(f): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
ferhyntorlah: You have to consider:
2. Time for each event
5. Couple's parent's dress-would same dress be worn for the whole events or would they later change?

In my family, it was all done at the same location-just one spot. The church has a hall, which served as the venue for engagement(in the morning by 8am) and reception(later in the afternoon).

So our guests didn't have to drive, all they had to do was walk-from hall(engagement) to church(for joining) and back to hall again(for reception).

The decoration was done the day before. After the engagement was done, the decoration was re-modified for the reception but the chief decorator already did it the previous night but had it well hidden with the engagement decoration.

When the church service was on, the caterer and decorator were rearranging the venue for reception.

Usually, morning engagements are mostly attended by families and few friends; so a small portion of the hall was used with the rest already pre-arranged for reception.

Very good one.
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Michymi: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
You have to consider:
2. Time for each event

Good one.
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by Seni22: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wedding planning is stressful and can be worse if you are planning to have both traditional and white wedding the same day. We have put together tips and tricks to help you achieve a stress-free wedding. Goodluck!

http://www.zumi.ng/weddings/plan-stress-free-engagement-white-wedding-day/
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by OliviaNelson: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
Now there are whole companies that can help organize everything, as well as many blogs like https://topweddingday.com/ that write about various tips and ideas for wedding planning smiley
Re: Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day by OsbornTyler7: 4:34am On Jul 26, 2022
Many men and women are seeking marriage through the use of brides. These services allow men and women to find partners with similar characteristics and values. Although there is no guarantee that these women are real, most mail ordered brides are screened to ensure their reputations are wholesome. Before settling down with a mail order wife, make sure that he meets the necessary requirements. If you are serious about finding a husband through brides, you may want to consider the following tips.

(1) (Reply)

Is She To Change The Surname Of Her Kids? / Husband Concerned That His Wife Is Silent Even Knowing That He Cheated / Have You Seen This Photo Of A Nigerian Woman Who Had A Set Of Twins, Twice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.