Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,263 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day (27044 Views)

India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others / 53 Things About Nigeria @53 / Happy 53rd Birthday To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Brimmie(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2013
SMH
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Kikiani: Wow!53yrs of DemoCRAZY..53yr
s of "INDEPENDENCE" but our
PRESIDENT is the "CHIEF OF ARMED
FORCES"... #HappyModernD
aySlaveryNija
i dont blame you! I blame nicklodeon 4 still televising spongebob!
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2013
I yam cuming, lemme drop ma pot of beanz first!
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2013
runzlord: i dont blame you! I blame nicklodeon 4 still televising spongebob!
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2013
fabulousfortune: I yam cuming, lemme drop ma pot of beanz first!
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2013
test
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2013
angry

1 Like

Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2013
Nigga stab that TV.... grin
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2013
jackbauerspower: Nigga stab that TV.... grin

I wana kill the morafqin clueless retardeeno ibn ebelle aka jonadafthan.. Scream f''uck the law, sss come get me!

@murderDibadMind
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Kikiani: nd das hw my akara woman din show up 2day of al days fa..hunga go tear me dis mrnin o..
nkem, come soak garri na...say no to hunger cry
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by awofe20(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2013
I would have loved to say happy independence... buh the killing of those innocent students that were killed won't let me.

God Please help us in this nation, Give us leaders that will be take the issues of their fatherland seriously and Reveal the perpetrators of all these Killings

So so sad cry
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Kelklein(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2013
got this from a friend and decided to share..

NIGERIA @ 99, CELEBRATING HER 53RD INDEPENDENCE
ANNIVERSARY WITH 14TH UNINTERRUPTED DEMOCRACY?
ITS A CALL FOR GREAT CELEBRATION. WAIT A MINUTE HOW
BEST TO CELEBRATE WITH MY PEOPLE IN D SOUTH WHO
ARE STILL LIVING IN D GREAT FEAR OF KIDNAPPING,
ROBBERY, POLITICAL TURMOIL, HELPLESS UNEMPLOYED
YOUTH ETC. OR HOW BEST TO CELEBRATE DIS WITH MY
NOTHERN COUNTERPARTS? WHEN THEY LIVE EACH
MINUTES OF THEIR LIFE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE THEIR LAST.
THEY SNEEZE IN &OUT THE GUN POWDER EVERYDAY. THEY
LIVE IN D MIDDLE OF TWO GREAT ENEMIES, ONE CALL D
BOKO HARAM & D OTHER NIGERIA MILLITARY. THEY CANT
CALL TO D MILLITARY FOR HELP & THEY DARE NOT CLOSE
TO BOKO HARAM YET THEY BOTH CLAIMED TO BE FIGHTING FOR THEM. IF U ARE TOO POOR & AV NOWHERE TO LAY UR HEAD U ARE VULNERABLE because D ARMY WILL KILL U FOR MORE RANK & DEN LABEL UR CORPSE A BOKO HARAM. WE CALLED TO MR PRESIDENT WEN WILL DIS POSSIBLY COMES TO AN END. HE REPLIES HE DONT KNW WEN, BUT AS USUAL THEY ARE ON TOP OF IT WHILE D BOKOHARAM ARE BENEATH GROUNDING D WHOLE SYSTEM UNDER MR PRESIDENT NOSE. CELEBRATION! CELEBRATION!! I SHOUTED, ROLLING MY DRUMS OUT THANKING GOD THAT
ATLEAST HE KEPT US. IN WHITE AGBADA OUR GOVENMENT
OFFICIALS TROOPS OUT, BUT FROM ALL AROUND US ARE D
CRY OF D WIDOWS, D OPHANS, THE HAVE-NOTS, DE
DESTITUTES, UNEMPLYED YOUTHS, ETC WHO CLOTHED
THEMSELVES IN BLACK ATTIRES. INSTANTLY I REALIZED ITS INDEED THERE ARE SO MUCH TO CELEBRATE BUT FEW
PEOPLE HAVE REASONS TO CELEBRATE. THESE STINKING
LEADERS CLOTHED THEMSELVES IN WHITE ATTIRES LIKE
THEY APPEARED YESTERDAY IN CHURCH DISGUISE TO BE
CLEAN AV SO MUCH TO CELEBRATE AT D EXPENSE OF U & I.
THEY CELEBRATE THEIR LOOTHS,CORRUPTION GROWTH @D EXPENSE OF ECONOMY GROWTH,ENOUGH BLOOD FOR THEIR SUCKING VAMPIRE WHO NEVER SAY ENOUGH, RISE IN POVERTY LEVELE because OF THEIR GREEDINESS,THEIR
CHILDREN SCHOOLING ABROAD @D EXPENSE OF D CROPS
OF STUDENTS SITTING AT HOME WITH LITTLE HOPE OF
GOING BACK SOON,ETC.YET THEY SAY WE ARE FOR D
PEOPLE.GOD WILL TAKE CHARGE &VERY SOON MAYBE VERY SOON D NEW NIGERIA WILL EMERGED.SORRY
INDEPENDENCE.

1 Like

Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Garri_Activist: nkem, come soak garri na...say no to hunger cry
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by oladoya(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2013
A WORD TO A SLEEPING GIANT
Giant!
Potential giant of my time
The tropics is your home
Yet you trouble your own
Leaving them to smile through hopelessness
While you abound in beauty and splendor
O latent giant of the tropics
Where do we go from here?
Giant!
Glorified giant of Africa
You thrive like a midget
Dancing a ballet
You make your home unbearable for her own
Chasing rat when your house is on fire
Your wards scatter all over the world
O! Latent giant of our time.
Giant!
You make us go haywire
At your hostile nature we cringe
At the ALUU four I frown
That armless species are endangered
Latent giant of the tropics
Rise up from this oppression!
Giant!
Crawling giant of the tropics
I cry,
That the bodies of the innocent litter the
streets
Although not like in Sudan or Middle East
But explosion rock in the crowd of many
Now I hear that familiar sound in a Mall in
Kenya
Who shall save this latent giant of the tropics?
Giant!
Struggling giant of my time
You strive every now and then
But with muscle power is taken after a tussle
Yet they bamboozle and embezzle
When we have no morsel to swallow
Latent giant of the tropics
Arise and arrest imposters in power!
Giant!
As you celebrate at this time
Your five decades and three
In abundance you fare like sucking
When shall you grow up?
Shall you forever remain a baby?
O! Latent giant of the tropics.
Why mop when they mess up the labour of
our past heroes?
Giant!
Why should BH insurgency counter your
stride?
Shall we continue to live in a country?
Where ASUU is not a footballer yet she strikes
more than Messi
Where a political party is one but doubles in
the face of crisis
Where we have black gold yet poor and
deprived
Where our flag portrays fertility yet we know
Mr. Hunger
Potential giant of the tropics
I shall continue to see hope in your
hopelessness
I see a future in your marginalized youths
In your desolate streets,
Shall we continue to hope and pray
Even as I search like Diogenes the critic
I have no doubt you will rise tomorrow from
the dust of today!
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by chidijp1(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy independence anniversary to Nigeria my drunken giant, galloping in the dark. When is he going to walk properly in the light.
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Andyblaze: i wish ayam a mermaid
Its easy, just close your eyes
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by hensben(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2013
oyedun82: where ar the pix?
u er wicked, u mean we should continue stepping on nails n not retreat?smh 4 u
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by hensben(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2013
ritababe: .........America is above 200yrs,while our own Nigeria is just 53yrs of age,yet u still compare us wit dem and say we dont have any recn 2 celebr8....nw 4 all of u who say we dont hav recn 2 celebr8,pleas try hav a re-think.HAPY BIRTH DAY NIGERIA!!!
why using america?why not use malaysia who we were better than 5years ago but now 90percent of the masses are comfortable n nigerians have started going there.
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Etumgbe(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA 53 years report card By Akpos
Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Asad69(m): 10:31am On Oct 01, 2013
what is there to celebrate while thousands are death just cuz of their greed nd selfishness....... The truth is nigeria have grown bt not developed.
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by CreativeWeb(m): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2013
@OP, are you a photographer? how much do u charge for trad and wedding outside lagos (south-east)?

1 Like

Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Mamiya: Please feel free to like and share these images. In the course of this project I got a lot of complaints from workers about the hard economy.

I will neither like nor share the pics for ignoring hapless Nigerian University students in your photo propaganda.
All I see in that picture collection of yours are 'SUFFERING AND SMILING NIGERIANS'
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Benjaminbest(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2013
Hapi 53yrs of freedom 2 all my 9ja fans
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by charosky(f): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2013
nice
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by charosky(f): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2013
freedom @ last
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by emmabest2000(m): 11:14am On Oct 01, 2013
Mamiya: In the spirit of Patriotism and Independence I embarked on a project to photograph 53 Nigerians from different walks of life holding the national flag and wishing fellow Nigerians a happy 53rd Independence.

In the course of this project I got a lot of complaints from workers about the hard economy. I really pray that help and growth in all sectors will be experienced soon.

Please feel free to like and share these images (our reason for posting a day before).

We wish every Nigerian (Home and Abroad) a happy 53rd Independence day celebration.

for the love of "sweet sweeeeet 53rd Independence".....

(Photography: www.facebook.com/potterclayphotography)
God is always watching
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Morgan1092(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2013
Hapu Nigeria's Independence #teambiafra#
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Nakairogold(f): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by AKMoney1(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
VoteOutPDPJona:

I will neither like nor share the pics for ignoring hapless Nigerian University students in your photo propaganda.
All I see in that picture collection of yours are 'SUFFERING AND SMILING NIGERIANS'

Gbam and Over, Wahalai you speak my mind. See as all of dem dey laff abi na smile for those pix. This is what most Nigerians does, Suffering and Smiling attitude. May God Help Us #SMdamnHvigorously sad

1 Like

Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by omenka(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

I support you. Our flags should have lowered to half staff for 7day mourning. Unfortunately our President is more interested in Rivers politics than he is in national politics. May their souls rest in peace.

I truly believe that schools in NE should be closed.

Oga oo! It is "half mast" not "half staff". Thank me later.
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by digospel2: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
No matter the state of our , we should thank God. Take a look at Somalia,
Egypt, Mali. Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan e.tc, you will glorify God for our beloved Nation, Nigeria
Re: 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day by Mamiya(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
I honestly agree with the fact that it's hard to celebrate our nation especially when things are so wrong smiley. I was never commissioned to do this

project by any individual or organization and I can tell you that people had sad stories to say about the state of our nation. I set out to also put

smiles on the faces of people to let them know that there is still hope despite the obvious odds.

One elderly market woman even showed me a picture of her grandson (who is also fatherless) who is yet to gain admission cry. She sells pepper

and from what she told me she's spent a lot already. I want to use this medium to voice out the pain and struggle people face in Nigeria in a bid

to reach those willing to make a change.

I am very positive about our nation and I believe in making a change by starting with me....one step at a time.

It will be difficult posting all 53 pictures but you can always reach me though.

I am a photographer and can be reached personally on www.facebook.com/potterclayphotography grin

kindly drop me a message.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Political Moves To Save Saraki’s Job Crumble - Punch / Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu / Pictures From Olajide Sowore's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.