Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie (14273 Views)

Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ / Photos From The Premiere Of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1″ / Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by PastorKun(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2013
MusicCafe: The art directing is top notch, the historical accuracy of the costume, building, cars and the general ambience are not unnoticed. Kunle Afolayan has set another standard. However, the colour grading aesthetic is not very reflective of the timing; is not particularly reflective of the era. May be a sepia not yellow/gold would have worked better, sepia has a way of transporting the audience back in time. Good Work Boss.

Classic 1964 model morris minor restored by www.pristineautomobiles.com.ng on location during the shooting of the october1movie. cool

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
MusicCafe: The art directing is top notch, the historical accuracy of the costume, building, cars and the general ambience are not unnoticed. Kunle Afolayan has set another standard. However, the colour grading aesthetic is not very reflective of the timing; is not particularly reflective of the era. May be a sepia not yellow/gold would have worked better, sepia has a way of transporting the audience back in time. Good Work Boss.
I actually hate films that are graded this way! It's africa! in old days...it was all green and beautiful scenes.....So that's how it should look like. Even hollywood doesn't do that nonsense grading for their old day films (though it suits them more!)
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
It's not necessarily especially when you're not doing a flash back. Olden days was as colorful as today and they need not be sepia toned. It makes films boring and uninteresting to watch. I think the houses, attires, cars and other antiquated materials used were on point.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by kokoA(m): 4:17am On Oct 03, 2013
SimonAndal:
I tried really hard to like this, but I can't get past the Nigerian accent. I'm sorry, I just can't. It's a deal-breaker for me.

And what is up with the unnecessary slo-mos and the hastily edited jump cuts? Truthfully this is a bad trailer.
O! Its a nigerian movie, which accent you wan hear before?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / Nigerian Cinema Etiquette / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.