Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke (31793 Views)

Sinners And Saints: Who Destroyed Nigeria? - Enemi George / Road To War :nigeria To Sign Defence Pact With Russia Over Bakassi/cameroon. / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by cutievik: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: dumb azz so the ouattara u installed is better than gbagbo ? Ignoramus, you went there to defend American interets and French ones. You are not even ashamed of yourselfu are only good in backstabbing others African countries. This is your shoeless fisherman was eager to go in Ivory coast to please his masters and show them how obedient he is. Tell me how u pseudo giant of Africa which is supposed to pave the Way for Africa unity is making plot against a brother? Moronic bastards who put in place a France prefect called ouattara
Your insult is greatly frown at by us as a nation,this is our thread not for cameroonians,respect the say is reciprocal,u have done things,bashed and insulted us a nation,now u curse our president too?,the luck u have dear is our identity is hided,if I should find u'don't make me'.you might make some people shed tears of sorrow.

4 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by papparatzzi2013: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
One_Naira:

I see this one is among the slow ones. LMFAO. You rode the yellow bus when you were younger no?

You can whoop France @ss then why chicken out now? Oh that's right. You ain't got the balls without daddy UK,USA and co helping you

You are just an idiot.

There is what is called ally. Read it up.

Olodo omo Igbo
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: This is why we need nuclear deterents with ICBM capabilities against countries like france.
Anyway,i don't believe this story.
Any attack on Nigeria from france would lead to quick reprisals against cameroon,and france could also lose their economic influence in west africa.
So unless france is stupidd enough to endanger their economy for cameroon, then this story is BS.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by onila(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Attack By Cameroonian Gendarmes Displaces 1000 Bakassi Indigenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOC0U2CZcs
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by alanmwene: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
West Africans arent courageous people!Had Mugabe been the president of Nigeria,I couldn't see him bowing down to france.Come to think of it,vietnameses took on frenchs and americans and defeat them comprehensively!

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by onila(f): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by onila(f): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2013
alanmwene: West Africans arent courageous people Had Mugabe been the president of Nigeria,I couldn't see him bowing down to france.Come to think of it,vietnameses took on frenchs and americans and defeat them comprehensively!
tongue
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by mrofficial(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Rubbish conclusion. Is France now Cameroon?
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by kunlesehan(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2013
TribalEAST: France dat is busy licking the bottom of the QUEEN OF ENGLAND
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Decryptor(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2013
This is one of the reasons i miss Abacha.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by telexfree1: 10:50am On Oct 12, 2013
gare: It was wrong of Nigeria to have released Bakasi to Cameroon,France would not have done anything,how many wars has France won in thier history,the French people are cowards.

Its very unfortunate that our leaders he could have stood their grounds gave in to the judgment, it is gone now and what are we doing to ensure that we have a strong military to protect this country.

Apparently you know little or nothing about world history.

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by telexfree1: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2013
doctokwus: I wud b d greatest fool if I blieve such crap.This is crap taken to d height of stu pidity.So d french president showed duke wt d nig govt all our military formations,& threatened to level nigeria.For d info of those dumb enuf to bliv dis tale,first,luk at d source(2) no country utters such crap,no matter d interest (3)d consequences for france wud av bn great(4)france,can never,I repeat,never risk going to war against nigeria,militarily,strategically,economically fighting against nigeria wud av run its economy aground,d country is too big,too populated to evn dream of it.
I don't evn bliv duke had any such interview where he used words like dat

Duke may have exaggerated a bit. But there's no gain saying that France has the technological capabilities to monitor our defense installations and troop movements with ease. In an all out war , bros it's only a matter of weeks before their French precision guided missiles home in on their nigerian targets .
We do not have early warning systems here in Nigeria
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2013
alanmwene: West Africans arent courageous people!Had Mugabe been the president of Nigeria,I couldn't see him bowing down to france.Come to think of it,vietnameses took on frenchs and americans and defeat them comprehensively!
sometimes It's better to be a coward.we had no allies, our presumed allies turned their back on us, what did you expect? Noone fights a war without allies...even America. Syria had allies but still submitted to the the international laws against her...she had strong allies ...and we didn't have any, the french wont even need a ground force to fight against us, their strength is their airstrike, what then would we do? Watch our troops roasted to death? Maybe if what you wished for had happened, you wont be here right now, you would be in a cave in your village hiding.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by kardoso(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2013
It's a shame. A big shame indeed. This is a country that couldn't resist the germans during world war 2. The germans moved through the heart of france to their home land paris without the french firing a single shot at the invading germans. It's a big shame nigeria.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by 50calibre(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2013
It takes an incredible amount of nativity to believe this nonsense, Donald duke is clearly exaggerating the threat France posed, just to compensate for their inactions.

France may have a defence pact with Cameroon, but levelling Nigeria is an overreaction, an insanely gross overreaction, one that is sure to attract disastrous consequence.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2013
kettykin: I once asked the question of whether the same people who once boasted of how the would spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood to defend the unity of nigeria were so reluctant to spare a drop of sweat to defend the only oil rich island Nigeria has apart from bonny.
Knowing fully well how Nigeria does not keep to agreement particularly international agreements decided to abide 100% by the ICJ ruling which most other African countries like Sudan, Kenya, Zimbabwe call bluff.

The generals who often boasted of their exploits during the uncivil war fought to keep Nigeria one but kept mute like dumb asses when bakassi was mentioned.
Hypocrites like Gowon, danjuma, Obasanjo, domkat bali, Useni, babangida and the most recent clown Alabi Isama and his storytelling partners (Adekunle and Akirinade)
Should please stop their tales by moonlight and a complete waste of newspaper pages which could have generated money for the newspaper houses through adverts and
Kept their funny ponytail lies to their gullible wives and girl friends.
Nigerians are tired of the fake and blatantly falsified war bravery stories of these Overnight generals.
Any fake or falsified war stories by any overnight war generals would lead to a court case

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by debulle: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2013
oily Yoruba: Bakassi France would have levelled Nigeria- Duke

01 OCT, 2013

Former Cross River Governor, Donald Duke, yesterday disclosed that France threatened to level Nigeria if the country had gone to war with Cameroun over the Bakassi Peninsula.

Speaking at the 60th birthday lecture in honour of Justice Charles Archibong (rtd) held in Lagos, Duke said any attempt to ignore the International Court of Justice, ICJ, judgement would have been disastrous for Nigeria. He said: "France would have wiped us out. Cameroun is still a protectorate of France and has a defence pact with France. And France is duty bound to honour that pact, even though it has a lot of investments in Nigeria.

"The French President made it clear to us that it has put on alert its military and showed us the entire position of our military and exactly where we were and our daily movements.

"If we engaged Cameroun in war, France would have wiped us out. We tried to liaise with the Chinese and the Russians, but America made it point blank that where the British stands that is where they stand. We were ready to table it before the Security Council, but they were not ready to take it.''

The former governor said after the ICJ judgement, Obasanjo tried to remedy the situation by seeking protection from Britain and United States, but they were not ready to assist. Duke also said Camerounian President, Paul Biya, snubbed former President Olusegun Obasanjo when the latter visited him over the Bakassi issue.

The former governor said Obasanjo and his entourage were kept waiting for about three hours before they were grudgingly attended to by the Camerounian president. He said a lot of meetings were held behind the scene to resolve the issue, but the Camerounian leader refused to cooperate. Duke said it was later discovered that the reason Obasanjo was snubbed was due to an earlier confrontation between Biya and former Military Head of State, the late General Sani Abacha over the issue.

He said: "No one questions the ancestral ownership of Bakassi. Behind the scene there were lots of works, lots of meetings that went on. The problem of Bakassi did not start with the civilian administration; the case actually went to court in 1996, even before we were sworn in into office in 1999. "There was this famous world tour by President Olusegun Obasanjo.

One of the places we visited was Cameroun, we arrived at the airport, we met President Paul Biya who was seeing-off another leader, but he snubbed us. "He left us at the airport for over three hours. We were there and the embassy staff did not know what to do. Grudgingly, he met with us, and lectured us on Bakassi.

Later on, we found out that he was reacting to an earlier confrontation he had with late General Sani Abacha. "We thought we could settle the matter out of court, because we knew we should never have gone to court in the first place, we don't stand a chance. But, we thought we could settle it out of court, but Cameroon was adamant. "We took the matter to the African Union, AU, the union tried to facilitate peaceful resolution of the matter, but it couldn't work."
Why didn't France level us when Late Gen.Sani Abacha was in power? What we have is chicken livered politicians and leaders.Let Cameroon and France thank their stars that Abacha is no more.
Source:http://radiobiafra.co/news/bakassi-france-would-have-levelled-nigeria-duke
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Tonylyte(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2013
doctokwus: I wud b d greatest fool if I blieve such crap.This is crap taken to d height of stu pidity.So d french president showed duke wt d nig govt all our military formations,& threatened to level nigeria.For d info of those dumb enuf to bliv dis tale,first,luk at d source(2) no country utters such crap,no matter d interest (3)d consequences for france wud av bn great(4)france,can never,I repeat,never risk going to war against nigeria,militarily,strategically,economically fighting against nigeria wud av run its economy aground,d country is too big,too populated to evn dream of it.
I don't evn bliv duke had any such interview where he used words like dat
well said bro. Dat duke of a dude is a coward. I'm a cross riverian lyk hm, but wit ths hs talk, he should just kip hs presidential ambition in hs cupboard, he cn neva rule nigeria. Dis guy cn sell us out to sum super powerz..haba! Drug no good o.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2013
odua soulja: Why are you this retarded,name one african country that can face france in any war and win.And must your useless biafra be mentioned on every thread.

Naaah mec tais-toi! you are the slow one, i'm sure u ddn't know about the algerian war.. France couldn't defeat a set of abokis!! they had to pull out! and the excuse they gave was that charles de gaulle wasn't interested in Algeria anymore. France couldn't even defeat little Indo-china..Nigeria will have matched france kmt! The problem is that black people still feel inferior to white people. je doute la légitimité de l'interview though.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by 50calibre(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2013
kardoso: It's a shame. A big shame indeed. This is a country that couldn't resist the germans during world war 2. The germans moved through the heart of france to their home land paris without the french firing a single shot at the invading germans. It's a big shame nigeria.

Don't mind the lazy cheese eating French, that can't fight any war.

See hitler in Paris, along with his lieutenants. This pic would forever be an embarrassment to the French.

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 12, 2013
VoteOutPDPJona:

Your conversation with @Camerounpride kept me entertained all along, especially your laughable ignorance on international politics. grin Unknown to you, the USA, france, Uk, and Dutch military personel are currently conducting a joint military exercise with the Nigerian Navy on Nigerian high seas under the guise of ..........

I won't tell you. grin grin But the Africom you fear is already in Nigeria with a fine new name grin grin Can you guess it? grin

Please wise Solomon, I'm itching to begin my political and historical class under you to enable me shrug of my current neophytism. wink

Anyway, I seem to enjoy you patrotism and zeal for Naija cool

APPARENTLY THIS SOLOMON (SOLOMON GRUNDY) IS FAR FAR FROM WISE
HE IS THE MOST FOOLISH OF THEM ALL
I BET HIS PARENTS NAMED HIM SOLOMON HOPING THAT GOD WOULD HAVE MERCY
AND GIVE HIM A BRAIN
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by blkmum700: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2013
My Mouth: would they hv made that treat if it were Abacha? guys go and read ur history, france is a world power bt hw many wars have they won in History? They are onu good in starting wars and pullin out wen it gets hot. e.g vitnem

The following day, an additional 600 French dropped into Dien Bien Phu, and a bulldozer drifted down from the cargo plane, attached to multiple parachutes. The Viet Minh watched the French begin to clear vegetation off of the landing strip and flatten it down, rendering it operable once more. Soon French planes had delivered 15,000 French troops and French Foreign Legion members to the valley, along with 60 large artillery pieces.

General Giap responded by bringing in about 50,000 of his own troops, overland since they had no planes. In order to establish a supply line to the Chinese border depot, some 600 miles east-north-east of Dien Bien Phu, Giap conscripted local villagers and farmers to build a trail through the jungle-covered mountains. To disguise this trail from French reconnaissance flights, the Vietnamese fastened the tops of tall trees together high in the canopy, screening their activity from the view of pilots overhead.

Don't mind them,15,000 French troops with Cargo plane for supply,Fighter Jets and Experience Army with 60 Large Artillery can't defeat 50,000 Vietnam troosp who has know fighter jets,Cargo planes ,reconnaissance flights and other advance weapons,how can they level Nigeria with what we've learn from history.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 12, 2013
This is one of the reasons why i still respect Gen. Sani Abacha till date...i remember clearly that Abacha had the balls to chase away the camerounian gerndames that entered bakassi using the Nigerian military...even france as at then were scared of Abacha coz they did nothing...believe me if Abacha were still alive as at now....cameroun or france dare not set foot on bakassi....u can call Abacha all sorts of names but he remains the only fearless general and leader Nigeria has ever had....for those ethnic bigots in here....am purely igbo but i respect Gen. Sani Abacha very well because he has guts...

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by blkmum700: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2013
50calibre:

Don't mind the lazy cheese eating French, that can't fight any war.

See hitler in Paris, along with his lieutenants. This pic would forever be an embarrassment to the French.

France is useless they can't fight any war.the whole of France was Captured within two days or three days by Hitler and his Army.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by alanmwene: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Elliotwiz1: sometimes It's better to be a coward.we had no allies, our presumed allies turned their back on us, what did you expect? Noone fights a war without allies...even America. Syria had allies but still submitted to the the international laws against her...she had strong allies ...and we didn't have any, the french wont even need a ground force to fight against us, their strength is their airstrike, what then would we do? Watch our troops roasted to death? Maybe if what you wished for had happened, you wont be here right now, you would be in a cave in your village hiding.
you are just trying to justify cowardice!Vietnameses took on French with all the odds stacked against them ,but they crushed frenchs in Dien bien phu:
A real army general in action:Vo Nguyen Giap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3mifrpGp0
Then they took on America,the most powerful state on earth,with zero chances of winning the war.But they came on too!Mind you,vietnam is a small country with just about 60 millions of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY6zxKKfgFI
It is not enough to have big mouths.You have to back them up when the going get tough!

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2013
solomon111: This is why we need nuclear deterents with ICBM capabilities against countries like france.
Anyway,i don't believe this story.
Any attack on Nigeria from france would lead to quick reprisals against cameroon,and france could also lose their economic influence in west africa.
So unless france is stupidd enough to endanger their economy for cameroon, then this story is BS.

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by wogorparadise: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
I see no sense in this post. Some dumbass jst dont understand how international politics works. The worst france could have done was to back cameroon up with weapons and tactical advice like they did in libya. They wouldnt dare raised a single finger against Nigeria and well, that's not because they can not.
dnt mind donald der hv done wut there did with obasanjo now he wants to defend themselve or maybe seek for relevance, wen peple hv politival position n act like der ar not answerable to. God or man mtcheeew
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by cheruv: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2013
gare: It was wrong of Nigeria to have released Bakasi to Cameroon,France would not have done anything,how many wars has France won in thier history,the French people are cowards.

Its very unfortunate that our leaders he could have stood their grounds gave in to the judgment, it is gone now and what are we doing to ensure that we have a strong military to protect this country.
Your post shows aww ignorant bawt european history you're.french military history is much more impressive than that of any other european nation and they've produced some of the best military commanders who almost united europe eg charlemagne,louis XIV,napoleon.even during the civil war the meagre aid france gave Biafra was enough to elongate the Nigerian victory time frame from 6 to 30 months.french influence is everywhere even in Anglophone nations and you can't do anything bawt it
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Choi. Men!

I think Duke has misrepresented facts. Did the Nigerian Government under the leadership of Obasanjo fail? Yes!

These idiots think we are fools. The defence pact France has with Cameroon is based on arm sales, advisory and solely on creating a monopoly for France as an arms supplier, these pacts were designed primarily to protect Cameroon against external aggression, while guaranteeing security of French nationals living and working in there.

1.Nigeria was already occupying Bakassi and the aggressor was Cameroon based on frequent raids by their gendarmes.
2.The threat of French direct intervention was very remote considering the fact that Nigeria was not going to march into Yaounde.
3.How is it possible that our clownish politicians approached other NATO member states to checkmate France when France is a NATO member? Were they trying to sign a defense pact with a NATO country against another. My gosh! Where are these guys from?
4. Why did Cameroon only remember they had war drums after Abacha died?

It is clear these idiots were outmanoeuvred diplomatically and actually chickened out over another African country.

Nigeria is the first country to relinquish its territory over a judgement that is not legally binding on both parties. Even Israel occupying another man's land refuses to shift ground after numerous UN security resolutions. Shame! Shame!!

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by pitypec(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2013

have u heard any phrase like live to fight another day. There is always another time wats d essence of lossing all u have u don't get a chance to get wat u have lost again after u are dead so common sense is all dat is needed.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by wogorparadise: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2013
Mafia Man: Where were France when Abacha made our military to push the Cameroonian gorillas to Yaoundé within 2 weeks?
no mind people wen get trash to yarn. I pity nigerians wgo ar being decieved daily by politicians......... Let france come den will knw that nigerian is not same wit other countries there rise n invade.......there all recognise our striengt thats y d british coused confusion before leavin in 1960

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Elections: APC Does Not Have A Candidate See Why (videos) / Pictures From PDP, Atiku Rally In Ekiti State / Ambode Commissions Mall In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.