Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73816 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by ehie007(m): 1:01am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati, this is absolutely awesome. I plan to get a bike next year, planning towards it seriously. and who say i might join such road trips. this is the true definition of fun..
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:04am On Oct 05, 2013
solomon111: My mother must not hear that i tried this kinda stunt.
Na heart attack straight.
I admire you,bro.
My mother hasn't heard......yet! wink
But I doubt her reaction would be any different from her reaction to the Akure, Benin City, Abuja, Uyo, Portharcourt etc trips grin
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:14am On Oct 05, 2013
Rolling in Ghana

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:25am On Oct 05, 2013
Had fun in Ghana.
Hotel bills settled, bikes checked, tyres pumped, helmet visors cleaned and we set out at 06:30 Accra time.
Its early, boys are grumpy from being woken up so early and hitting the road so no one is in the mood to take pictures. undecided

Fuel stop at Avalavi which is 4km from Aflao border

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by rhymz(m): 1:26am On Oct 05, 2013
I think I am going to love this thread. subscribing to it.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:30am On Oct 05, 2013
Welcome to Togo......In English this time

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:34am On Oct 05, 2013
My only successful attempts at pictures while ON the bike
Traffic light stop in Lome on the way to Hillacondji

Spot the difference in the first two pictures

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by searchcorp(m): 1:38am On Oct 05, 2013
the difference in those two pictures: the reflection on the side mirror. the first one only shows a car, while the second has two cars on it.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tnktosin(m): 1:42am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati:

The time, location and manner of your demise is totally outside your control.
Don't let it be your own excuse for not living.
Yeah exactly. Crashed on my 06 R6 in 2010 along Osubi Road in warri and it didn't change a thing. Am still rocking the baby. Some are just too scared to live.
Hoping to get a Honda CB1000R in 2014 then I'd resume my solo long trips wink

Isn't she a beauty?

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tyson99(m): 1:43am On Oct 05, 2013
@OP can i travel too with my bajaj or jincheng okada
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 05, 2013
The difference in the pics is the cars in the background in the other lane and ur mans face hidden.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tnktosin(m): 1:47am On Oct 05, 2013
searchcorp: the difference in those two pictures: the reflection on the side mirror. the first one only shows a car, while the second has two cars on it.
cne010: The difference in the pics is the cars in the background in the other lane and ur mans face hidden.
grin grin what else can I say? Na una be the general overseer wink

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by popsy007(m): 2:26am On Oct 05, 2013
nadia_SA: Shagati wen u coming to south africa??
so u could give him a nice ride cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by amiskurie(m): 2:28am On Oct 05, 2013
I'm getting a sport bike too as soon as possible.i have always wanted to travel through the continent on bike,next motor-vehicle I have to import now shall come with a bike.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by oba2flex(m): 2:32am On Oct 05, 2013
Loving this thread.Kudos Shagati wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Ebubemg(m): 2:38am On Oct 05, 2013
*yawns* una see time?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Effwazobia: 3:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati: We arrived at the CONOIL petrol station at Seme at about 07:30
Notice how we always get interested spectators every time we pull up somewhere? (Red arrows)

Next steps? Get in touch with the agent who will process us across both sides
Exit formalities on the Nigerian side and Laissez-passer on the Republic of Benin side

Various agencies [b]need to be cleared [/b]on the Naija side of the border
NAFDAC
NDLEA
CUSTOMS
IMMIGRATION
MIN. of AGRIC etc etc

You mean "need to be bribed"
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by emmabest2000(m): 3:57am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati: Requirements

- A working motorcycle (obviously wink )

- Documentation
: International driver's licence
: International passport (or the ECOWAS passport)
: International certificate of vaccination (Yellow card)
: International certificate for motor vehicles
: ECOWAS Motor vehicle insurance (a.k.a. Brown card)

- Currencies (USD, CFA, Cedis)

- An open mind and lots of patience (reasons for this would be explained later)
Interesting
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by emmabest2000(m): 4:06am On Oct 05, 2013
Originalsly: OK...a touring bike....was thinking was like a racing bike!...and maybe the rider developed back problems and couldn't make the return trip! Did you guys ride at nights too?....and how well you managed bad roads? ...any pleasant surprises along the way?...scary moments?...what's the fastest speed you clocked?....what didn't go down as expected?...if you do the trip again what would you do different? End of interview! Lol
Are you a journalists
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by emmabest2000(m): 4:09am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati:
Yes, Hypersports Tourer. Don't forget the hypersports cool

Faster and more comfortable than a racing bike

No, I said earlier that he returned to Lagos a day before the rest of us

Not during the trip to and fro but yes we rode within Accra at night

There was an 18km stretch of road that had been stripped for reconstruction in Benin Republic. (I am sure there is a picture or two to follow) It was very dry and dusty on the outbound journey and very muddy/slippery on the return journey because it rained 2 days before. Almost like Motocross angry
All other roads were fine except the Okoko to Seme stretch which was pot-hole infested. Not a problem for two wheels though as you can go around potholes without slowing down.

None that I can recall

We were well within the speed limits at all times. #Cough! Cough!# lipsrsealed

I can't think of anything to be done differently. This trip is done and dusted. Next Stop? Mali? Burkina Faso? Morocco? wink
good answer
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 05, 2013
popsy007: so u could give him a nice ride cheesy
angry angry angry
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by jaybossYBNL(m): 5:32am On Oct 05, 2013
I love this thread
i always loved bikes but due to the financial stuff i cant get one now but i will get it in d future
i love them
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Funjosh(m): 6:22am On Oct 05, 2013
I read from 0page to the 7thpage, its bin long i read all coments on NL like this. I love this @shagati you and your guys are da bomb

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2013
GH PATRIOT:

Wow! Good to know they are beign Professional, because I have heard a lot of negative tales from travellers about how they are harrased on the borders by immigration.
not just at the border but at the airport. In the case of Nigeria is that they are just greedy and they want money. While that of Ghana , they feel its a paradise and they just want to frustrate the Nigerians who are coming in. While the other countries like togo and benin rep, they seem to be emulating ghana and nigeria. Togo is emulating Ghana and benin rep is emulating Nigeria
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati: Welcome to Togo......In English this time
I dey tell. Dat is to say , e no easy for dem. The french word 'bienvenue au togo' ,people(nigerians) are confuse thinking they are in Gambia. That is why they had to write it in english 'welcome to togo'. Nobody wants to lost!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by telexfree1: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2013
Mornings peeps. Nice work here

Where's Miss_3v3 (my club hopping companion ) ?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2013
this is so cool though!
I know i will be part of a Novelty like this pretty soon.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by phatlajoo: 7:45am On Oct 05, 2013
nekaa: Sweet... Buh too risky for me sha...
. Adventure Noni...
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2013
360command: not just at the border but at the airport. In the case of Nigeria is that they are just greedy and they want money. While that of Ghana , they feel its a paradise and they just want to frustrate the Nigerians who are coming in. While the other countries like togo and benin rep, they seem to be emulating ghana and nigeria. Togo is emulating Ghana and benin rep is emulating Nigeria

@B0ld3d why? They don't have a mind of their own ni?

read more about the Proposed new Highway
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by dasparrow: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2013
@Post

Nice thread Shagati, very nice. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your road trip.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by moyinoluwabun(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2013
Bajaj no fit embark on this kind tour?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Old Cat Hides Under Donald Trump's $1.5m Armoured Beasts Limo,Render It Useless / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.