Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. (16096 Views)

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 / Your Best Nigeria Tv Station? / Favorite Nigeria Tv Station N Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by UjSizzle(f): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tholudee: oga relax and read again,mayb you go understand what I mean by then
why u dey ansa all these boys sef, dem no understand ni.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Indomine noddle, how many pple don see Chicken inside am, as they often advertise am?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Princelyod(m): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
how about that malaria don 'kpafuka'dude...doneven remember the name of dat drug. undecided
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 02, 2013
Abeg all those ALWAYS Advert,na wetin dem they advertise.Make dem show us the tin dem they use am work for nau.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 02, 2013
GustavoFring: The Flourish Toothpaste Ads from Back in the Day.

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry

Are you sure you are not the father of that Edo Stowaway kid?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by yommy2sure(m): 12:43am On Oct 02, 2013
What I really find annoying are all those silly seasoning adverts: knor, Maggie, onga etc where after adding all sort of assorted meat, vegetable and fish u now tell me na the seasoning go make the food sweet, who say that kind rich soup no go sweet even without ur seasoning

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by richy1473(m): 5:06am On Oct 02, 2013
It is only razor(blade) that's perfectly working as advertised atimes it works 'extra'...you can try it..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by rill: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Indomie no dey cook for 2 minutes o, na just format angry
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2013
rill: Indomie no dey cook for 2 minutes o, na just format angry
Which kain stove u use try am?
Charcoal own? Abi u use Abacha saw-dust stove ni? grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by raptainer(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2013
k.style:
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kenbright(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2013
homesteady: Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
In reality, if you like leave it for 24hours, the stain will not go!
oga, na em be say ur toilet don rotty jor! harpic dey work as advertised,, tested n trusted..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2013
iamswizz: Theres this wè rè close up advert i hate eh... And why do dey always use people with white teeth for adverts
is ur own brown?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by fruityjojo(f): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2013
homesteady: Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
BIG LIAR! Harpic works lyk magic! So does panadol cold nd catarr nd onga seasoning powder! Nd Ariel is great too I should knw since I wear white 5tyms a week! All else d op is a gutter pig!
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2013
govt should ban all adverts cus there are pple that really believe all they c in adverts.fake adverts include dettol that claim to remove 99percent germs na wash if it does everybody that uses it wil die or b hospitalized,then those tootpaste that claim to whiteen teeth,indomie no dey cook under 5mins na wash.infact 90 percent of adverts do not match their performance in real life.i knd dat harpic works,for now mtn cus they hv d best networkt coverage in naija,dettol cool works it really makes me feel refreshed after bathing,ariel dey try i can only tink of these nw
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Coefficient(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2013
Why would they put Chicken and all on a plate of noodles to advertise it even when the sold item doesn't contain all of these. Beats me!
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kolamilan(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2013
extra jonze, power horse and maggi knorr chicken.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kolamilan(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2013
fruityjojo: BIG LIAR! Harpic works lyk magic! So does panadol cold nd catarr nd onga seasoning powder! Nd Ariel is great too I should knw since I wear white 5tyms a week! All else d op is a gutter pig!
madame are you working for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kolamilan(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
richy1473: It is only razor(blade) that's perfectly working as advertised atimes it works 'extra'...you can try it..!
razor blade and acid lol.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by delishpot: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2013
k.style:
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask

Nope, not at all.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by somtea(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
Dey said MILO will make us champions

Ask d'tigers, vs USA @ d olympics
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kcpragmatik(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2013
tbagjames: Indomie hungry man size. I chop two of the packet finish hunger still d catch. I no sure say dem get my size

Nawa ooo.....only yu finish two
Maybe na yu give them d inspiration to name am "hungry man"....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by BarryX(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2013
richy1473: It is only razor(blade) that's perfectly working as advertised atimes it works 'extra'...you can try it..!
No now !! Tiger Razor Blade logo was cutting a crocodile !
Like seriously
How possible ??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by lindalistic(f): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2013
. You bought a adulterated harpic...cos harpic is wat i use and it works perfectly well...G̶̲̥̅☺̣̣̥̇ for d originalam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by twogood: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2013

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry
I now present to you the 'Funniest dude' award. grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Hayormeah(f): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2013
The lux gold search advert,almst everytin in er bathrum turned gold.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by krystal101(f): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2013
They spend so much doing adverts, when the products are less in quality & standard. They must always add music to every advert. Dunno why they can't copy the whites in good things
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by THABOSS1: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2013

Guy u dey jonze shey u b woman hahahaha.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Hayormeah(f): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2013
hiroz: govt should ban all adverts cus there are pple that really believe all they c in adverts.fake adverts include dettol that claim to remove 99percent germs na wash if it does everybody that uses it wil die or b hospitalized,then those tootpaste that claim to whiteen teeth,indomie no dey cook under 5mins na wash.infact 90 percent of adverts do not match their performance in real life.i knd dat harpic works,for now mtn cus they hv d best networkt coverage in naija,dettol cool works it really makes me feel refreshed after bathing,ariel dey try i can only tink of these nw

Av u watchd d latest advert of dettol cool at all?d boy dt used dettol cool froze(real ice)
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2013
Oh! I jez remember! shocked

Glo's stewpid "unlimited" advert!
Subscribed 4 BIS buh 2 my dismay, service got suspended after downloadin 2 dvd tiles online.
Called customer care & one attendant was stammerin & speakin slangs dat it wasn't actually "unlimited"
WTF! After usin psquare 2 sing & dance their as$-off u're now tellin me trash? angry

Na God save dat GLO girl dat day oo, I 4 pass tru my chinko BB slap am silly wella! grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by omogidi234(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
chindi: Happy Independence Day Nairalanders.
I want to use this medium to expose some of the tv commercials that doesn't work as advertised. Below is a list of the adverts:

DETERGENTS: Most adverts on detergents (if not all) doesn't truely work as advertised. Ariel, Omo, Klin, among others 'one wash' adverts are scams. I have used most of the detergents on tough stains but 'e no dey comot once'. I'll have to change water and rewash all over before the stains will be removed (after hard scrubbing until my flesh peel comot).

VICKS BLUE: '...Vicks blue go sama dat ur cough and catarrh one time...' I've tried this when I had cough and catarrh but it doesn't work. At times, I end up taking a dozen of vicks blue all to no avail. If you have tried taking just one and it worked for you just lemme know.

ONGA: ...mama's helping hand. The advert shows that when you use Onga seasoning on any meal, it turns out delicious, chei! What if say na potty I dey cook, so if I just add onga d food go sweet, abegi! Tell me something else. Well, all na advert sha.

PANADOL: From the advert, when you take panadol for pain relief, you will be relieved immediately, ONE TIME! I have taken panadol when I had headache but I wasn't relieved of the pain immediately, I had to rest for a while before I regained 'my head'.
More will be sent, not until you post yours.

Long live Nairalanders
Long live Nigerians
Happy Independence!

Many thanks for your apt post. But I think much more than exposing their scams, you can bring an action against them. For instant the omo advert.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tholudee(f): 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
blink182: so between 7am and 3pm she suppose change am, for where and how? What if she de work for place when no go give her chance?

Na so your sister dey change am or that na the lie your babe dey tell you?

Mumu, you no fit head girl when de see her thing because as she dey Jones no be oil dey commot na blood. Na the reason dem de avoid lashing that period but you no go know because you never get babe for the life you come so.

Who even tell you say normal flow dey smell self? Omo make you park well.
thanks for that kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real-life Fight: Donnie Yen Vs Jet Li / Naruto:The Seventh Hokage and The Scarlet Spring(anime/manga)Discussion Thread / Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.