Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. - Health (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. (334591 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / 9 Habits That Might Cause Male Infertility / Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Pojomojo: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ajakaiye83:
Good evening.

Pls help me analyse it with recommendations.
Herbs are you best bet.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Teey2019: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2020
braveheart77:

Nairaland is not very helpful again.

Visit www.reddit.com

There are subredits for many issues and members over there are much more loving.

Below is the subreddit for infertility:

https://www.reddit.com/r/infertility?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

All the best!

Thanks for the link ohhhhh
Really learning a lot
We will get there.
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by braveheart77: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2020
Teey2019:

Thanks for the link ohhhhh
Really learning a lot
We will get there.
Thanks..

You're welcome
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by PapaMama9ja: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2020
Kindly help me to interpret

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by arena07: 7:50am On Sep 25, 2020
PapaMama9ja:
Are you having issue with infertility? because all the parameters are ok just the infection which is E.coli.. you need to threat the infection so as not to affect your sperm quality
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by PapaMama9ja: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2020
arena07:
Are you having issue with infertility? because all the parameters are ok just the infection which is E.coli.. you need to threat the infection so as not to affect your sperm quality

Thank you so much.
Yes myself and wife have been trying for a Year and 6months now. I will get to treat infection. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by arena07: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2020
PapaMama9ja:

Thank you so much.
Yes myself and wife have been trying for a Year and 6months now. I will get to treat infection. Thank you
Tell your wife to visit a gynecologist it is very important
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by PapaMama9ja: 11:50am On Sep 25, 2020
arena07:
Tell your wife to visit a gynecologist it is very important

Alright thank you.

She will tomorrow
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by PapaMama9ja: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2020
arena07:

What combination can i use for the treatment? As per the sensitivity
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by arena07: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
PapaMama9ja:

What combination can i use for the treatment? As per the sensitivity
use the sensitivity on your test rest result
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by braveheart77: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
PapaMama9ja:

There's an E Coli in your semen, same with me.

Do you have symptoms of prostatitis? An infected semen is mostly due to a prostate infection

2 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by shedy03(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2020
Hello everyone here.
Has anyone tried using the attached?
What's the outcome?

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by customizedme: 7:42am On Sep 27, 2020
PapaMama9ja:

U have a very good result except the infection which u have to treat.When u see ur doctor he will explain better.Madam has to go for HVS to know her infection status n if they discover anything she can as well treat.
When DH had it. He was prescribed Cprx(not the cheap ones)because of sensitivity, doxycycline n oxytetracycline for 10days.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by PapaMama9ja: 12:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you so much this explanation. God bless you real good.
customizedme:

U have a very good result except the infection which u have to treat.When u see ur doctor he will explain better.Madam has to go for HVS to know her infection status n if they discover anything she can as well treat.
When DH had it. He was prescribed Cprx(not the cheap ones)because of sensitivity, doxycycline n oxytetracycline for 10days.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Pojomojo: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2020
Yes. It will probably infect her and the fetus too. PID is something you should learn about, because sexual practices may seem fun and safe but there are rules the persons involved would benefit from adopting.

And you are sure it is only E.coli huh, i am at a loss why this orgamism is getting such a bad rap. It belongs where it came from…putting it other places won,t stop it from growing if it can find food.
braveheart77:

There's an E Coli in your semen, same with me.

Do you have symptoms of prostatitis? An infected semen is mostly due to a prostate infection
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Igengo: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by RuggedSniper: 12:03am On Sep 29, 2020
@faith2013, people think it's abominable to speak up and get help when they are dying to get help. A little information can be of help to anyone having the male infertility. The problem is that most men will not talk about it so it's left for the wives to do what they can to help their husbands. We had 2 icsi this year, one chemical, one bfn and if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have been in a hurry. Fertilaid is good. DH took it and his count rose from 100,000 to 1.8mil within a month. Though they said it's takes 3 months but I know someone who took maca roots and it unbelievably went from 3mil to 120mil in 5 weeks.
FERTILAID, MACA ROOTS. (PG1of43.via@enkaay).
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by braveheart77: 12:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Pojomojo:
Yes. It will probably infect her and the fetus too. PID is something you should learn about, because sexual practices may seem fun and safe but there are rules the persons involved would benefit from adopting.

And you are sure it is only E.coli huh, i am at a loss why this orgamism is getting such a bad rap. It belongs where it came from…putting it other places won,t stop it from growing if it can find food.

There is generally a consensus that microbes are a normal flora in the body and will only cause infection when they find themselves in the wrong part of the body. For example, Staph Aureus and E coli are generally found in the nose and intestine respectively and cannot be termed an infection by colonizing these places, however when a staph gets to the lungs, urinary tract or kidney, they become dangerous.

E-Coli in the prostate can be caused due to it being in the urinary tract for so long, thus it grows to other near locations (e.g prostate) and this becomes an infection that causes inflammation and therefore prostatitis. In short, when the existence of a bacteria causes symptoms it becomes an infection that should be treated.

There's a research paper that explains why E coli is able to grow rapidly into locations like the prostate, unlike Staph which takes soemtime to do so.

PS: SIBO is another very cause of E Coli in the prostate or pelvic areas. If one has a leaky guts there is a very high chance of E coli in the small intestine to travel down to the pelvic areas; antibiotics are one of our greatest enemies causing SIBO.

2 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by RuggedSniper: 12:44am On Sep 29, 2020
obi123:
Six easy ways to boost male fertility levels

Male fertility levels have declined by 50 per cent over the past 50 years.

Read the final part of our guide to male infertility below and find out tips for boosting fertility levels.

Wear boxer shorts

Keeping the testicles cool is vital to maintaining healthy sperm production. But wearing tight jeans or underpants keeps the testicles too close to the body, raising their temperature which slows down the rate of sperm production.

A study by the University of Milan found that men wearing tight briefs were nearly twice as likely to be infertile as men who wore looser styles of underpants.

Fertility experts say switching to boxer shorts and wearing looser clothing will help keep the testicles cool, boosting sperm production.

If you work in a job involving high temperatures, such as welding, Diane Arnold, spokeswoman for the National Fertility Association, recommends spraying the testicles once a day with cool water if possible and taking tepid, not hot baths at night.

Eat more zinc

Zinc is involved in sperm production and also plays a role in 'activating' the sperm. Nutritionists believe that taking just 15mg a day - the daily recommended amount - can help repair the damage caused to sperm by harmful chemicals absorbed from the environment.

Rich sources of zinc in the diet include seafood, particularly oysters (this is how they gained their reputation as an aphrodisiac) red meat, whole grains and pulses. You can also find it in smaller amounts in some dairy products, such as cheese.

If you want to take a zinc supplement, alternative health experts advise a supplement of no more than 30mg a day and this should be taken in conjunction with a copper supplement, usually 1.5mg.

This is because consuming more than half a gram of zinc every day can interfere with the way the body metabolises copper. Some zinc tablets are combined with copper to make them easier to take.

Stop smoking and drinking

Numerous studies have found that smoking damages the sperm membrane, making it 'lazy' and affecting its ability to reach an egg. Smoking can also alter sperm DNA which can cause birth defects in babies.

Male impotence is also linked to smoking. A recent review of various studies on impotence published since 1980 found that 40 per cent{2} of impotent men were smokers compared to 28 per cent of men in the general population.

This is because smoking can cause the blood vessels to narrow, making it difficult for blood to be delivered to genitals, triggering impotence.

Alcohol can also affect sperm production. Drinking more than eight units of alcohol in 48 hours - enough to cause a hangover - can lower testosterone levels by up to 20 per cent even 12 hours after you stopped drinking.

Beer and lager may be a particular problem because they contain plant oestrogens. These can mimic female hormones and can trigger infertility in men.

Drink bottled water

Drinking one-and-a-half to two litres of fluid every day is vital to maintaining a healthy body, but it is important to watch exactly what you are drinking.

In some studies, samples of tap water were found to contain traces of the female hormone oestrogen. This could be from oestrogens found in the environment, but also from recycled water.

As more women are now using the Pill, traces of the hormones used in the contraceptive can be recycled back into the water system, raising oestrogen levels in tap water. Drinking bottled water limits your risk of exposure to more female hormones

Caffeine, found in coffee and many cola drinks, can also slow down sperm production and can contribute to high stress levels.

Think about becoming a father

Researchers in Portugal have discovered that men who were trying to become a father could increase their chances of success just by thinking about it.

They found that men who wanted to become fathers were better at coordinating sex with their partners during peak testosterone levels than men who did not want to conceive.

High testosterone levels help boost sperm production and improves the health of the sperm, increasing the chances of conceiving.

A fertility diet should be as fresh as possible and organic wherever possible. Key elements are; good quality protein sources (favor vegetable sources of protein) and good fats.

What should you eat?

Organic meat in small quantities, game, small deep sea fish like sardines and red snapper, organic legumes home cooked (not canned).

Whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruit in season, organic where possible.

Increase your consumption of good fats and avoid dangerous fats. Good fats include monounsaturated fats in olive oil, polyunsaturated fats in oily fish and nuts and midchain fatty acids found in coconut oil.

For cooking use clarified butter (ghee) or coconut butter (without flavor) as they do not become unstable when heated.

For non-heated oil requirements (salads etc) use cold pressed olive oil, flaxseed oil and nut oils.

WORD!
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by RuggedSniper: 1:26am On Sep 29, 2020
imperiouxx:

The thick s.emen is likely loaded with spermatozoa but just more entangled. Thick s.emen thins out in the v.agina fast, and neutralizes the v.aginal acidity which is harmful to spermatozoa. The spermatozoa are fine in there, and they don't really need to swim anywhere until it thins out.

The thick web of mess is their life support. It neutralizes the acidity of the v.agina, feeds, energizes them and provides power for their mitochondria along their necks that help their tails in propulsion. Also as a media for them to swim in as it thins out.

Got this online but this case is saying if it's thicker than normal

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-common-causes-of-thick-sperm.htm
^^^Hmm!... WORD.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by fiola1985: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
braveheart77:

There is generally a consensus that microbes are a normal flora in the body and will only cause infection when they find themselves in the wrong part of the body. For example, Staph Aureus and E coli are generally found in the nose and intestine respectively and cannot be termed an infection by colonizing these places, however when a staph gets to the lungs, urinary tract or kidney, they become dangerous.

E-Coli in the prostate can be caused due to it being in the urinary tract for so long, thus it grows to other near locations (e.g prostate) and this becomes an infection that causes inflammation and therefore prostatitis. In short, when the existence of a bacteria causes symptoms it becomes an infection that should be treated.

There's a research paper that explains why E coli is able to grow rapidly into locations like the prostate, unlike Staph which takes soemtime to do so.

PS: SIBO is another very cause of E Coli in the prostate or pelvic areas. If one has a leaky guts there is a very high chance of E coli in the small intestine to travel down to the pelvic areas; antibiotics are one of our greatest enemies causing SIBO.
is there a cure for E.coli infection both UTI and prostatitis?
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by braveheart77: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
fiola1985:
is there a cure for E.coli infection both UTI and prostatitis?

Depends on the result of your urine or semen culture.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by fiola1985: 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
braveheart77:

Depends on the result of your urine or semen culture.
mine is moderate growth of E.coli I contacted it from dirty river via swimming
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by braveheart77: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
fiola1985:
mine is moderate growth of E.coli I contacted it from dirty river via swimming

You still need to do a lab test. I have a moderate growth too.. Unfortunately mine appears to have infected the prostate which makes it more difficult to treat (antibiotics doesn't penetrate the prostate easily).

Hurry and go do a urine and semen culture to determine the best treatment for you!!

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by fiola1985: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
braveheart77:

You still need to do a lab test. I have a moderate growth too.. Unfortunately mine appears to have infected the prostate which makes it more difficult to treat (antibiotics doesn't penetrate the prostate easily).

Hurry and go do a urine and semen culture to determine the best treatment for you!!
I have done urine test it is moderate growth of E.coli and the SFA I did is not with culture but was told infection was there.does it mean it is prostrate infection?
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by fiola1985: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
Besides what are the symptoms of prostrate infection or is there other test to do to ascertain if the infection has entered prostrate?
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by SteveOfu: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Igengo:
Hello scientists in the house. Kindly help interprete the attached SFA results and if I should be worried. Thanks
You can't get any woman pregnant with it.

The count is ok 120m
Motility is 45%
Morphology is 40% which is also low.

You need to be treated and increase your motility infact everything on that result needs to be worked on delay is dangerous.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by SteveOfu: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
fiola1985:
Besides what are the symptoms of prostrate infection or is there other test to do to ascertain if the infection has entered prostrate?
Yes
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by fiola1985: 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
SteveOfu:
Yes
kindly tell me the name of the test to conduct
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Ajakaiye83: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Pojomojo:
Herbs are you best bet.

What do you think is wrong pls?
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Ajakaiye83: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
braveheart77:

What kind of Semen test is this? Is it the regular culture? And how long did results take to come out.

Be careful and i suggest you don't Accept Cipro or any fluoroquinolone type antibiotics because they can have severe side effects like tendon rupture. There is an online community for people that got their lives ruined due to fluoroquinolone and they term themselves as "being floxed"

Google the dangers of any antibiotics you're given

I got the report 3 days after. What do you think is wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (92) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.