Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools (25352 Views)

Roof Of Female BVER Hostel In OAU Collapses During Heavy Rain (Pictures) / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System Tomorrow - Collapses Pry, Secondary Schools / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 03, 2013
psucc: Some1 should tell him that Nigeria is a federal state and NOT a confederacy. States cannot operate a system that falls out of line with the federal laws.
Hope he would not allow this to diminish his good deeds.

....how come most of us have conveniently 4gotten that Sani Yerima of Zamfara state started his Sharia stuff in dis manner. And back then, we all thought it wont stay, we assumed it was unconstitutional. But 2day, 13 after, Sharia is stil active in Zamfara state. Abegi, free Ogbeni Rauf,....the Govt. Of the State of Osun r operating within d ambits of the law,....other states who r cursed to remain mere appendages (kano state,.....instead of state of kano, etc) of the Center shud continue dir 'mumu-ing'
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Omooba77: 6:45am On Oct 03, 2013
dharrey2012:
The issue is dey av nt bn providing for 200, how wil dey provide for a thousand. Av u ever visited any public skul in osun state at all??. Must ppl r just graduates who doesn't even knw wat education is.
the problem isn't d system, pls get it into ur head. We av just refused to allow the system work. No matter how many times we change it it won't still work. Education shld b taken to d grass root, easy to access, effective.
U r talking of standardization with bringing pry school teachers over to teach secondary skul students?? What standard will dat add to skul. U also mentioned Administration, lolz, dey ask him to create one mega skul in each local government den.
A'rnt confused bro....we r experiencing it, not reading or watching it. If am confused, bro u r lost!!
You are very right, how many of them makes it to tertiary institutions after completing the secondary school;now you want to bastardize it more. The truth is that to me, it sheer waste of resources, because a new government will definitely change it; how can you combine schools, there will not be healthy rivalry like Principal cups, school debates again. Does religion impact on the way people reaason...............God bless Nigeria.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2013
afinic001: Is 4-5-3 a tactical formation? Lol
-4 years are for primary school.
-5 years are for middle school.
-3 years are for high school.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2013
olowo p: 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in jss while 3yrs in sss but 2me na rubbish aregbe sori it get comma,
The 4, 5 and 3 are for primary school, middle school and high school, respectively.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by saved: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2013
dazzy4real: someone should pls explain the system to me oo.. is it 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in sec n 3yrz in uni?
:-- I love your kind of person that wants to know the true situation. It is 4yrs in primary school, 5yrs in Junior secondary so that vocational studies that can make pupils/students independent after graduating unlike our generation that are dependent on govt. & looking for non existing jobs. 3 yrs of Senior secondary school. After secondary school many artisans, technicians will be able to create jobs , few will head to university & other tertiary institutions. They will not be job seekers like us but job "creators"
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Omooba77: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2013
saved: :-- I love your kind of person that wants to know the true situation. It is 4yrs in primary school, 5yrs in Junior secondary so that vocational studies that can make pupils/students independent after graduating unlike our generation that are dependent on govt. & looking for non existing jobs. 3 yrs of Senior secondary school. After secondary school many artisans, technicians will be able to create jobs , few will head to university & other tertiary institutions. They will not be job seekers like us but job "creators"
May God keep us so that after 10 years we can review the plan, it will turn Osun to a backward state..............God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by olapluto(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2013
Well at least students are not complaining

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2013
With these barrage of criticism here, I m sure some would faint when they read about Finland school system, best performing system in the world.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dexter1983(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
mrakin: That action is against the national policy on education of the Federal Govt and NERDC.

Is it not better to present it to the federal govt and NERDC before implementation?

Well, I hope it is not true. Can states operate a different policy on education?

Aregbesola inaugurates Middle School

Posted by: Our Reporter in Featured, News 7 hours ago

The Osun State government yesterday inaugurated the Salvation Army Middle School in Osogbo, the state capital.

The school is one of the 100 elementary, 50 middle and 20 high schools being built under the O’School initiative.

Parents and pupils defied the rain to witness the event.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola said the inauguration was a reaffirmation that Osun’s education policy is “a train engineered for a one-way trip to success”.

He said O’School was conceived at the education summit organised by his administration when he assumed office to address infrastructural decay in public schools.

Aregbesola said: “The summit was to address the decay we met in public schools, which we found unacceptable. The summit, attended by eminent Nigerians like the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, came up with a reform blueprint to overhaul the public education sector.

“We have since been working assiduously to implement the reforms. The inauguration of this school is evidence that all is going as planned with our reform. As part of the reform, we decided to reorganise the school system into Elementary, Middle and High School categories.

“The Elementary Level, comprising pupils aged 6 to 9 corresponds with primary 1 to 4 in the existing system. The Middle Level is from primary 4 to Junior Secondary School (JSS III) for pupils aged 10 to 14, now classified as Grades 5 to 9. The High School Level covers ages 15 to 17 and corresponds with the Senior Secondary School III (SS III), known as Grades 10-12.”

Aregbesola said the Elementary and Middle Schools would each accommodate 900 pupils, while the High School is to accommodate 3,000 pupils.

He said the High Schools had a mega structure, comprising three schools with facilities for all subjects, including state-of-the-art laboratories, as well as recreation centres and a food court.

The governor said: “The overall aim of the reforms we are carrying out is to develop the new man intellectually, socially and morally. This new man is placed in the centre of the society where he views his development as part of and for the development of the society.

“This is a non-parasitic and non-oppressive man, who views his existence in the light of the growth of others. He views whatever he acquires to be subsumed in the overall interest of others. He is a man in himself and a man for society. This is the Omoluabi essence.”

Aregbesola urged parents to support the government by preparing their wards for the new system and dressing them up in the new uniform.

He said the government’s investment in education was already paying off with the improved performance of pupils in examinations.

The governor said besides the distribution of the Opon Imo (tablet of knowledge) and the school feeding programme, the economic ramification of the education reform was colossal.

He said: “Some 3,000 women have been employed for the Elementary feeding programme. This is in addition to the gains it has brought to the production capacity of farmers, who supply farm produce, poultry and beef for the food.”

Deputy Governor Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, who doubles as the Commissioner for Education, said although the project did not come cheap, it was the crowning glory of the administration’s revolutionary agenda in the education sector.

Mrs. Laoye-Tomori said: “I feel like break-dancing, even at my age. I am excited and feel fulfilled. I thank God that I am alive to see the coming to fruition of a vision conceptualised and deployed by my indefatigable governor.”

Vice-Chairman of the Senate’s Committee on Education Sola Adeyeye said any nation that did not invest in the education of its youths would fail.

Adeyeye, who represents Osun Central Senatorial District, hailed the governor’s commitment in revamping education.

The professor of Molecular Biology said while many states have not accessed the UBEC funds because they could not contribute their counterpart fund, Osun had accessed it because it did not wait for the Federal Government to contribute its counterpart fund.

O’School Chairman Otunba Lai Oyeduntan said the state of education in the state was embarrassing before Aregbesola assumed office.

Oyeduntan said by the end of the year, 15 Middle, 13 Elementary and 10 High schools would be ready.

House of Assembly Speaker Najeem Salam said the administration’s policies had revived the education sector.
Print Friendly
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by delpee(f): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
emiye:

. You will have to prove that the new schools do not have labs/equipments, or teachers in the old schools have been sacked or they resigned enmasse as such the new schools do not have enough teachers/assistants. I attended a public secondary school , and in my time the school population was over 4,000 and we were over 1800 in senior secondary school, and we had labs and equipments

More teachers are been recruited, as i am aware some resumed today.

The new session resumed today, how come you are aware of students who dropped out of school because their parents could not afford the cost of transportation ? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Rivers state has a budget almost 4 times that of Osun state, the Osun state has built its own kind of model school suitable for learning that meets the required functionality.

I will implore you not to allow the opposition in the state to tailor your opinion about the state govt, Do your thinking and assessment yourself.

The dropouts i referred to are not Osun students. In fact they are already adults and left school early because their parents could barely feed them not to talk of extras such as transport fare and uniforms. Comrade has solved the uniform issue even if i dont like the idea of having only one type/colour.
I just hope the misery of dropping out will not befall anyone in the state.
BTW i am entitled to my opinion and i really do wish to see Osun make progress.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
dexter1983:

Aregbesola inaugurates Middle School

Posted by: Our Reporter in Featured, News 7 hours ago

The Osun State government yesterday inaugurated the Salvation Army Middle School in Osogbo, the state capital.

The school is one of the 100 elementary, 50 middle and 20 high schools being built under the O’School initiative.

Parents and pupils defied the rain to witness the event.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola said the inauguration was a reaffirmation that Osun’s education policy is “a train engineered for a one-way trip to success”.

He said O’School was conceived at the education summit organised by his administration when he assumed office to address infrastructural decay in public schools.

Aregbesola said: “The summit was to address the decay we met in public schools, which we found unacceptable. The summit, attended by eminent Nigerians like the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, came up with a reform blueprint to overhaul the public education sector.

“We have since been working assiduously to implement the reforms. The inauguration of this school is evidence that all is going as planned with our reform. As part of the reform, we decided to reorganise the school system into Elementary, Middle and High School categories.

“The Elementary Level, comprising pupils aged 6 to 9 corresponds with primary 1 to 4 in the existing system. The Middle Level is from primary 4 to Junior Secondary School (JSS III) for pupils aged 10 to 14, now classified as Grades 5 to 9. The High School Level covers ages 15 to 17 and corresponds with the Senior Secondary School III (SS III), known as Grades 10-12.”

Aregbesola said the Elementary and Middle Schools would each accommodate 900 pupils, while the High School is to accommodate 3,000 pupils.

He said the High Schools had a mega structure, comprising three schools with facilities for all subjects, including state-of-the-art laboratories, as well as recreation centres and a food court.

The governor said: “The overall aim of the reforms we are carrying out is to develop the new man intellectually, socially and morally. This new man is placed in the centre of the society where he views his development as part of and for the development of the society.

“This is a non-parasitic and non-oppressive man, who views his existence in the light of the growth of others. He views whatever he acquires to be subsumed in the overall interest of others. He is a man in himself and a man for society. This is the Omoluabi essence.”

Aregbesola urged parents to support the government by preparing their wards for the new system and dressing them up in the new uniform.

He said the government’s investment in education was already paying off with the improved performance of pupils in examinations.

The governor said besides the distribution of the Opon Imo (tablet of knowledge) and the school feeding programme, the economic ramification of the education reform was colossal.

He said: “Some 3,000 women have been employed for the Elementary feeding programme. This is in addition to the gains it has brought to the production capacity of farmers, who supply farm produce, poultry and beef for the food.”

Deputy Governor Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, who doubles as the Commissioner for Education, said although the project did not come cheap, it was the crowning glory of the administration’s revolutionary agenda in the education sector.

Mrs. Laoye-Tomori said: “I feel like break-dancing, even at my age. I am excited and feel fulfilled. I thank God that I am alive to see the coming to fruition of a vision conceptualised and deployed by my indefatigable governor.”

Vice-Chairman of the Senate’s Committee on Education Sola Adeyeye said any nation that did not invest in the education of its youths would fail.

Adeyeye, who represents Osun Central Senatorial District, hailed the governor’s commitment in revamping education.

The professor of Molecular Biology said while many states have not accessed the UBEC funds because they could not contribute their counterpart fund, Osun had accessed it because it did not wait for the Federal Government to contribute its counterpart fund.

O’School Chairman Otunba Lai Oyeduntan said the state of education in the state was embarrassing before Aregbesola assumed office.

Oyeduntan said by the end of the year, 15 Middle, 13 Elementary and 10 High schools would be ready.

House of Assembly Speaker Najeem Salam said the administration’s policies had revived the education sector.
Print Friendly
For all those wondering if the new high schools will have laboratoties, the highlighted in red says it all
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by bourbon(m): 1:24am On Oct 04, 2013
Osun&her proprious governor as if osun state is a country on its own.... Nigeria I look at her&I laff
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by CGKing(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2013
I think it's just self deceit. This new system will just be like NEPA and PHCN. what matters is whether they have provided the facilities and the environment to spark that change we want in our education system.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Cosmascares: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
The point is that there was a time Nigeria was planning a change to a certain 9-3-4 system and if you look at this policy, it is a 5-4-3-4 system which is still the same number of years with 9-3-4 and even the current 6-3-3-4. To add to, the contents of curriculum will remain same. It is only through grouping that is changing. Try to reason more about government policies before passing criticisms. This is not, in any way, inconsistent with any federal policy.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by henrysam(m): 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
henrysam:
When aregbe launched opon imo is it not to increase the educational standard of osun students and this will surely give them edge over other students who are carrying tattered textbooks around. No matter any form of system of education thst is introduced osun students will still compete with their counterparts in other states its when they do not perform up to standard that he can be castigated. Waec or neco its result that the people of the state of osun needs. This is the beginning of the revolution in the south west.
Meanwhile other governors are sponsoring boko haram to Make naija ungovernable for gej. Some are buying jet to oppress their citizen. South west is developing and this is how it happened during the first civillian rule when awo was developing the western region and other were looking.
Kudos to aregbe, if thisis what will bail students of osun out. Its a welcome idea. They will meet other students from another part of the counrty in national or joint examination. Na result we want
Bros Ori e ti peju.
In English
Ur head is too correct.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
RoyalRoy:
God bless the state of Osun.
Blazing the trail for others to follow.
True Federalism is a must if Nigeria is to move ahead!
LWKMD. Blazing the trail of failure grin
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Sike:
Like, if you want Aregbe to replace Jonathan.

Bloody sycophant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely / JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.