Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Is The Nigerian Dream - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Nigerian Dream (2933 Views)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / Nigerian Dream / Raising Your Children The Nigerian Way When Married To A Foreigner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream by shuppie(f): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2008
those living the naija dream are.

klint de drunk
julius agwu
ali baba
basket mouth
omo baba no 1
princess
tee A
okey bakassi
and co and co,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream by DisGuy: 1:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Dis Guy:
my naija dream will start when we have 24hrs electricity!
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream by RandomAfricanAm: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2013
Ohhh, Let me try!

The Nigerian dream is the same as the African Diaspora dream in the Americas(North, central, south, Caribbean), Europe, ect. which is the same as the African dream(north, east, south, west, central).

What is that you ask. That dream is to make the culture, economic systems, religion, aspirations, ect. as close as possible to Europeans so we can all collectively say "look big brother I can do it too. Just like you do it I did it too, see. So now do you respect me?"

Wait, did I go too far?

Hmmm well, I leave us all with this quote...
"The point Deepak is making is - don't have a thin skin; or perhaps be more comfortable in your own skin.

I am an India and can speak for the Indian society at large - we do seem to fulfill the phrase by Nirad - that we are a wounded civilization. We, as a society/culture, are insecure and unsure of ourselves, so we constantly seek praises and (get easily flattered) or bristle at slightest insults (intended or not).

My only point is - we have to first believe in ourselves, as a society and as a civilization with a proud history. Once we do that, the world will believe in us and ironically enough, we will not even care!

-Sudeep Kanjilal"
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream by waladis(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
In 2017 what dream do we still have left?

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Languages As Official In Government / How Big Is The African Continent / "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.