Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

IT In Chevron - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IT In Chevron (3476 Views)

Nysc In Chevron & Total / Doing Nysc In Chevron / Vacancies In Chevron(bsc/hnd Engineering) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Please can anyone tell me how to register for IT with chevron, if they really accept IT students. I have researched on d internet, please I need your help
Re: IT In Chevron by sommerised(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
They do accept IT students, but its tough. You have to first go through an aptitude test in which you have to contend with so many students. Its not easy though.
I remember back in school, a friend on my who did his IT in Chevron Warri, was asked by his boss how he got there, thinking he had someone who had helped him. But the guy is brilliant, so no shaking for him.
Am not trying to discourage you , but just to let you know its tough gettíñg th€r€.
With God all things är€ pös$íb£€
Re: IT In Chevron by sommerised(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Locate any of their office and submit an application/letter of motivation. You may be so lucky to be called for a test.
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
sommerised: Locate any of their office and submit an application/letter of motivation. You may be so lucky to be called for a test.

Thanks a lot. Do u know if they pay IT students?
Re: IT In Chevron by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2013
yxizzy:

Thanks a lot. Do u know if they pay IT students?
Lol... Of course they do! Why do u think there are too many applicants?
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Can I submit the letter any time? Is they a date to start submission and a deadline as well? Left for me, I feel like submitting right away...lol
Re: IT In Chevron by davide470(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
I think it runs from September to February, and March to August. The one month in between is used for aptitude test.. Its very competitive. I did mine in Total back then, and we were about 100 that wrote d test (precriteria of which, a Total staff must be a guarantor.. Na wa) and 40 were selectd..
Rememberd Chevron test then was full of Stock exchange questns and some wonderful english and maths.. Just try to submit this week if possible,and dnt believe the security guys if they tell u, they have stoppd taking IT's..
Re: IT In Chevron by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
Yes they do, Assume you are the only applicant.I could remember I did mine at Escravos, But u may not b taking to the field in fact with God Everything is Possible.
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
davide470: I think it runs from September to February, and March to August. The one month in between is used for aptitude test.. Its very competitive. I did mine in Total back then, and we were about 100 that wrote d test (precriteria of which, a Total staff must be a guarantor.. Na wa) and 40 were selectd..
Rememberd Chevron test then was full of Stock exchange questns and some wonderful english and maths.. Just try to submit this week if possible,and dnt believe the security guys if they tell u, they have stoppd taking IT's..

Thanks so much. I will get back to u wen I submit, is it the same for Total? And how much does Total pay?
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
davide470: I think it runs from September to February, and March to August. The one month in between is used for aptitude test.. Its very competitive. I did mine in Total back then, and we were about 100 that wrote d test (precriteria of which, a Total staff must be a guarantor.. Na wa) and 40 were selectd..

Thanks so much. I will get back to u wen I submit, is it the same for Total?
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
olumuyiolaoluwa: Yes they do, Assume you are the only applicant.I could remember I did mine at Escravos, But u may not b taking to the field in fact with God Everything is Possible.

Yes, God is my strength. Thanks
Re: IT In Chevron by davide470(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
yxizzy:

Thanks so much. I will get back to u wen I submit, is it the same for Total? And how much does Total pay?
As as then, Total pays 15k with free tea/coffee, lunch and transport. Well, even if they had paid nothing, i would still have done it cos the networking and training experience was superb!
Chevron pays higher though..
Re: IT In Chevron by davide470(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
sommerised: Locate any of their office and submit an application/letter of motivation. You may be so lucky to be called for a test.

Do I have to submit just a letter or do I attach any credentials? And how will I be contacted? Do I have to put my e-mail address and phone number on the letter? Forgive my too many questions, I just need to be clear to avoid mistake. Thanks
Re: IT In Chevron by sommerised(m): 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
Total(PH) pays 15k while chevron(warri) pay 30k with free launch, shell pays 10k including 1k each day you come for work, for transport and feeding. But shell have moved entirely from off-shore to on-shore.
Re: IT In Chevron by davide470(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
sommerised: Total(PH) pays 15k while chevron(warri) pay 30k with free launch, shell pays 10k including 1k each day you come for work, for transport and feeding. But shell have moved entirely from off-shore to on-shore.
or u mean from Onshore to Offshore.. They hv closed warri branch
Re: IT In Chevron by sommerised(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
For Chevron, you just submit your application letter, including your reference letter from your school.
Application letter should contain your school address, email and mobile no. For Total, am not quite sure but make sure you get a transcript from your school, then submit with other documents(application & ref letter).
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2013

Pls who do I submit the letter to, the security nd call center insisted that they don't accept IT's, pls help me
Re: IT In Chevron by davide470(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
yxizzy:

Pls who do I submit the letter to, the security nd call center insisted that they don't accept IT's, pls help me
If it had been 2 months ago, i would have helpd u submit myself in Total, cos they wrote the test aug ending, and the successful ones resumed Sept..
For Chevron, try and get to their HQ at Lekki, and plead with those MIB(Men in Black) to help u submit the letter with the receptionist..
Nevertheless, try other Oil servicing coys like DeltaAfrik at Adetokumbo Ademola, and Crestech at Ajose Adeogun..
Re: IT In Chevron by yxizzy(f): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
@davide can I call u, let me v ur number pls, y was ur post hidden?
Re: IT In Chevron by DADAGBENGA1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
Pls guys, is Chevron IT open to any course or some selected related courses?..

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Jobs For Trucks / Job Vacancies In Nigeria / How To Write A Job Cover Letter Or Application Letter To Get Job Offers-free Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.