Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? (22675 Views)

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by DeevaB: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tiny braids is a no for me.... love the long big kinky braids dou really saves time!.
Braids 've come to stay despite the cons that comes with it.

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids all the way!
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
I don't care man, the only thing I don't like about our women on raids is "not touching" for a few days

They look good on it tho.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by hairbraiding: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
Even white girls enjoy micro braids and will wait for 1 full day to finish it. So, it's all good cheesy

Haha, you are invited to join the hair braiding network and post your hair braiding pictures there.

Registration is free http://www.hairbraidingnetwork.com/
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
$200 dats too much for braids..
The long tiny ones go for bout $60 R600 here nd I still think they expensive nd blawdy painful thou I love dem on some1z head not mine
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Doyensky: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
swhiss: ''....if a woman have long hair , it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering''- 1corinthians 11:15.

Bible is even in support of it.

So it worth it! cheesy
abeg, park well jare and dont mis-interpret d bible. Long hair dat d bible is talkin about is ur natural hair and not artificial hair dat makes some people luk lyk mammy water
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids for 200 dollars?
That's more than 30k
Damn. Here you can get very nice braid for less than 5k. Sometimes between 2- 4 k.

And my hair dresser is awesome.she's always done before 4hrs.even the very tiny braid(onemillion braids)never takes more than 4hrs and never costs more than 5k

I love braids.

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
Heck yeah its worth it! Make hair once and do slight maintenance for it to last for a long time... Cant be bothered re-doing hair every day.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by isaiahethan: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ich liebe dich: For me its totally worth it, after the first few days of pain that is cheesy
my frnds nd family hardly see me in any oda hair style apart frm braids,if am nt on braids then am carrying my natural hair
I love braids!

Can I see ur photo of braids pls
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by ellycool(f): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
undecidedDislike braids, can't sit for more than an hour just to mk my hair,I rathr cut it
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by ketoprofen(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Segeggs: Team natural hair

u think its easy to maintain d african natural hair
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by lancee(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
lorretta u: Braids for 200 dollars?
That's more than 30k
Damn. Here you can get very nice braid for less than 5k. Sometimes between 2- 4 k.

And my hair dresser is awesome.she's always done before 4hrs.even the very tiny braid(onemillion braids)never takes more than 4hrs and never costs more than 5k

I love braids.

Lucky you girl , that is what we face here oo , yes my wife paid like 150 dollars , and after a month she starts complaining that she wants to change to another hair style
Am always frowning at that imagine 24k niaja money
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Really

So sorry.
lancee:

Lucky you girl , that is what we face here oo , yes my wife paid like 150 dollars , and after a month she starts complaining that she wants to change to another hair style
Am always frowning at that imagine 24k niaja money
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by fflamingo(m): 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
What instantly came to my mind was ;
How much be exchange rate
200$ abi 30k
Add small money go buy land for banana island.......
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Hadeehart101(f): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
It's actually worth it. I love braids a lot.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by lepasharon(f): 12:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Braids are a traditional black hairstyle..nobody should make fun of it.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 06, 2013
I finally managed to curl my braids the right way...
I love braids grin
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by lepasharon(f): 12:35am On Oct 06, 2013
how did you curl it ^
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by smartg(m): 12:48am On Oct 06, 2013
What is braid and how does it look like?.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 06, 2013
lepasharon: how did you curl it ^
i plaited it loosely then i made cock screw curls using wool thread...then i soaked them in hot water

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 06, 2013
I haven't had braids since I was like under 10. Planning on getting some this winter. Long black single braids. I'm excited! cheesy

... My mum says they won't last and she stopped braiding my hair because it wouldn't last more than a week (due to my hair texture and rough & tumble nature) cry. I have faith in human progression.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Revolva(m): 2:09am On Oct 06, 2013
why would females think properly..when two plot of land them carry for head grin grin and almost every time their brain is in a heating machine
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by kokoye(m): 2:47am On Oct 06, 2013
fflamingo: What instantly came to my mind was ;
200$ abi 30k

Banana island ko, monkey island ni.
Maybe the banana island for una village sha

3 Likes

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by alex406(m): 3:00am On Oct 06, 2013
swhiss: ''....if a woman have long hair , it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering''- 1corinthians 11:15.

Bible is even in support of it.

So it worth it! cheesy
Do u think before u talk at all? Even d bible u quoted now did not mention anything attachment,yet u claim the bible. Supports it. You better don't let d God of bible strike u.
Even d guys u do all dis things for don't appreciate it.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by iropelebe(m): 3:35am On Oct 06, 2013
I love women on tiny braids,they look natural and younger.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by iropelebe(m): 3:38am On Oct 06, 2013
fflamingo: What instantly came to my mind was ;
200$ abi 30k
Women can spend tooo much on hair.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by 99cent: 4:25am On Oct 06, 2013
I love braids! I don't wear weaves so braiding is the only alternative besides wearing my hair natural. I prefer braids by far. it's very low maintenance + looks nice.
The more Africans you have in your area, the cheaper it is. Otherwise, it can be very expensive.

Yeah, but even when it was shorter, I never got them for the same reasons. I can't sit still for 2 hours, talkless of 12. I let it grow out on its own.

ogugua, you can't sit still for 2 hours.. rub it in with ya loose hair texture.

Now pls let us folks who have realized how much its sooo worth it to sit for only 6hrs every 2-3 months vs sitting for 4 hrs every week to simply detangle the fierce bush jungle of extremely nappy African hair. ahhh I love braids grin grin
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2013
99cent: Ogugua, you can't sit still for 2 hours.. rub it in with ya loose hair texture.

Now pls let us folks who have realized how much its sooo worth it to sit for only 6hrs every 2-3 months vs sitting for 4 hrs every week to simply detangle the fierce bush jungle of extremely nappy African hair. ahhh I love braids grin grin

I don't have a loose hair texture. Just don't like braids.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by paix(m): 9:22am On Oct 06, 2013
I love to see women who plait their natural hair or even go on simple low cut, it brings out the African beauty in them. I detest the sight of the long HORSE tails women wear these days in the name of fashion. Is it weavon or Brazilian hair or whatever they call it?
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by ScarFaceTF(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2013
wrench: $200 shockedshocked .......This One Is Strong.
Eleyi gidi gann

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Contestants Of Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2018 (Photos) / Petra Emechebe Emerges Winner Of Miss Orumba South Pageantry / What Is The Name Of This Haircut?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.