Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,219 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:48 AM

foreigners chillout joint. - Foreign Affairs (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / foreigners chillout joint. (134156 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by revontuli(f): 9:18am On Jun 14, 2018
Dremca:
Nice to meet you Revoluni

Nice to meet you too! Are you from the States also?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hi Crystalight,

Sorry, I wanted to say hi to you yesterday, but found myself being put in time out by the mods.
I am glad you took the plunge. I remember being new here and finding myself on the outskirts. I am very thankful for Khiaa and her friends for being welcoming to me. So, I have tried to pay it forward by being inclusive and welcoming to everyone, Even going out of my way at times. Some may read it as being something that it is not, but that is not my problem.
So that being said, friends welcome Crystallight. Do tell us about yourself.

Good morning Hiawatha1981,
Sister, I read this this morning and would like to say a few things if necessary.
Because this situation occurred publicly, I feel compelled to address it as so...and then I will gladly leave the subject alone.
First off, I'm sorry that you had a "time-off"....
I've had many of those too....and have questioned why, since I had not violated any of the rules.
But since the situation between me and you occurred, it would be especially easy to "blame" me. I seem to be the easy choice. But you would be absolutely wrong to think so.
This is where....my faith comes in.
Whomever did it...knows why it was done..
It actually could've been the "anti-spam bot"...
Sister...I have to honestly say that I may go and vent through my diary or postings, but if I do anything, I let it be known.
I have never (in my 16-17) months of being a member here, reported anyone on this site..
So I'd like that to be known.
I see that you "unfollowed" me...which is definitely your choice.
I've even asked people to "unfollow" me on numerous occasions....and interestingly enough only (1) person has ever done so.
I still would like to invite any of my followers to please "unfollow" me....if you feel as if "following" me is detrimental to you.
But honestly, this small disagreement could've been handled a lot differently behind the scenes.
As you have "pm-ed" others, you and I could've done so with each other to sort this out.
But obviously you nor me were willing to.
You are an American whom I was getting to know...slowly. I saw something unusual that evening which I questioned you about. I was extremely confused...and so I asked.
I didn't hide it at all.
I even wrote a "now deleted" message that stated if I was wrong, I would humbly apologize.
I don't know you from Adam...but I was cautiously trying to...after over a month of you "following" me and me not having even said a word to you.
I hate division....but I also know it takes "two" to decide to have unity.
Honestly, this looks bad to have a disagreement on a foreign website...between two foreigners.
As much as people may think otherwise, I don't desire the spotlight.....
I am just "me"... faults and all. Those that "know" me on here have seen it all....every emotion.
Sorry, but I don't know how to "pretend" on a "face-less" forum...
I don't know how to have a fake persona....and live a fake life...
That would be extremely difficult for me to do since that's not my nature.
Every interaction I had with you on here was real and genuine...
You have absolutely every right to choose who you call "friends" on here, but try to not to forget the "folks" on the bottom on your way to the "top"..
"Friends" would've encouraged you to sort things out with other "friends".
"Friends" don't rejoice when they see others in a disagreement.
It's easy to call folks "friends" without testing a relationship to see if people are worthy of that title.
Be careful how you use that term....
It was I, who introduced you to this "Foreigners" thread...and was genuinely trying to get to know a fellow American in a strange land called....Nairaland.
I extended an olive branch by even saying that we could perhaps get in touch since you said you had folk down in the city where I formally lived. I thought that was so unique.
Clearly, you weren't really interested though.
Only you know why you didn't actually want to reach out.
But I have no problem stepping back and allowing you to introduce new people into the thread....since I have absolutely no problem being in the background and I know that you may be at a different stage of life.
You have a group of people to rally around you...
But I will tell you this: I have learned a whole lot in my years on this planet and I know that sincere and genuine people are rare to come by.
Be blessed as you continue your journey on N.L...and I sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for...
Miss Mo.bilia.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:

Yes it is....thank you very much. I happen to think so too wink
I see beauty in ALL things.....
We are all wonderfully, fearfully, and marvelously made.
In response to your thread on diarx section, I DEY FINE, I DEY KAMKPE.lol so u speak pigin too?thats good,your head dey there
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2018
i took my time to read through all your post on your thread in the diary section, (i put a pic up because i am confidient and very comfortable in my skin,you see my flaws....but you see me). lady i like that, thats confidience with a positive character.chai lady u too fine,you know i already like beautiful things,lol CC.Mobilia
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Crystalight:

Hello,
Good to be here

Good.
Was wondering, are you American? Your moniker leads me to believe so.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:
Mobilia,

We are still doing this pubically, ok. Please go back and read the things that were said to me. Recall the deleted posts. And also thinly veiled digs in other posts. You were rude and out of line to me and called it being blunt. I aplogized for an innocent overslight that honesty i shoulnt had to. You were rude and out of line to me calling it blunt. Attacked my character pubically and called it being real. I take those things very personally. So now you ask yourself why I unfollowed.
I will say this, your trust issues and quickness to come to conclusions will alienate you and prevent you from doing the one thing u said u wanted to do and that was form relationships here
And I have enough sense to know u didnt get me banned.
We can still get to know each other but now i have my guard up and vary wary.
My goal here is to form relationships and get to know people. So yes, I have invited as many as I can to this threas and will continue to do.

Sister, you haven't reached out privately.
It wasn't my intention to do anything publicly...but since it happened this way..that's why I am doing so.
The deleted posts had everything to do with INFO about personal things such as (my dad's state, my nephew's age, ...etc).
Although you may not know, but lots of fraudsters live on N.L...and will use info against folks. That's the only reason why I deleted things that I thought were possibly too personal.
Unfortunately, if people quoted me with the info, then it's still there.
Again, I have conversations with folks and start talking...and releasing too much because I naturally talk. I don't naturally assume that everyone's a criminal upon first meeting them. I have started developing that "trait" since I joined Nairaland.
But it's not a natural thing for me to be naturally suspicious.
Anyway, I didn't delete anything that had to do with the questions I asked you pertaining to your relationship or C.
My long post that was deleted was because you deleted the long post you had written to me. In that deleted post, I said I would apologize if I was wrong. You saw the post and responded.
The last thing I said was I "didn't want to be at war...I want to live in peace"...
I'm not hiding anything here.
How I wish that everything deleted could be brought back up.

I asked about you and ____....that's simply it. That info is still posted.
You said you were an introvert in a relationship and so I was just wondering why you were so "extroverted" all of the sudden. I was wondering why you were trying to make friends without him? He should be your "best" human friend.
You can easily get counseling if you want to help each other out more.
Is that the attack on your character?

I saw a behavioral change in you....and I questioned it.

People ask me questions about why I do things all of the time that seem odd.....(like changing my pics all of the time, why I deactivate so much etc.).
I don't call it a character assassination.
I call it curious sincere minds wanting to know.
As I typed it before, I had no problem with your "choice", it was "how" you went about it...that gave me a reason to pause.

Actually , I thank you for giving suggestions about "making friendships" through a face-less forum....but that is not why I am here.
I said that we have two different agendas.
I'm not as gullible and naive as to believe that true friendships can be formed this way....
Yes...I am "blunt"...and sometimes "too rough".. And those traits need to be removed by Christ.
If you can actually "pinpoint" anything "rude", and "subtle digs", then please write it here and let me apologize.
It's not okay to throw out accusations..and not show evidence of it.
Part of me doing this publicly, is because since I claim to be a follower of Christ, I have a responsibility....
I try to live a practical Christianity...that deals with relationships....(the good and bad).
I failed (yet again)...to represent Him in the best manner..and that is important to me.
For that, I apologize.

As quick as you have decided to "be on guard" against me...is how you should be with the many guys that you are trying to form friendships with.
Nigerians--and you've even said it yourself-- here on Nairaland, say lots of blunt, rude, mean and tactless things daily...yet it is me that you have chosen to be upset with...which I find interesting.
That's called displacement theory...
Perhaps the guys get a pass simply because they are "males"...and I am a female.

I'm not in the business of forcing people to form some sort of relationship with me....
God doesn't do that...so who am I?
All I was saying is that as a Christian, I am obligated to handle things differently.
I think it's easier to condemn those who
"Throw a rock and show their hand", rather than those who "Throw a rock and hide their hand".
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
gees101:
i took my time to read through all your post on your thread in the diary section, (i put a pic up because i am confidient and very comfortable in my skin,you see my flaws....but you see me). lady i like that, thats confidience with a positive character.chai lady u too fine,you know i already like beautiful things,lol CC.Mobilia

Brother,
Yes it's confidence...regardless of who thinks otherwise. I have to love me first....and I happen to smiley
Yes I am beautiful..and perhaps you are too.
God didn't make any "junk".

Yes...I directed you over to my diary to answer the question you had asked about how I was doing.
Hope you heard the song....
I don't speak Pidgin fluently...I was beginning to learn...just knew how to type that phrase.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Yes it's confidence...regardless of who thinks otherwise. I have to love me first....and I happen to smiley
Yes I am beautiful..and perhaps you are too.
God didn't make any "junk".

Yes...I directed you over to my diary to answer the question you had asked about how I was doing.
Hope you heard the song....
I don't speak Pidgin fluently...I was beginning to learn...just knew how to type that phrase.
Thanks for the correction,but english nor be my papa language,so please over look my spellings and jump am pass. thanks for asking ma, am good
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
gees101:
Thanks for the correction,but english nor be my papa language,so please over look my spellings and jump am pass. thanks for asking ma, am good

Oh...don't worry. I'm not judging you for a language that is your 2nd language...
No problem.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Look,
I know this is drawing a large crowd of spectators, but I'm really not in the mood for it.
That's happened to me a few times on N.L.
We just need to see how we can all co-exist in here together...cause this is the Foreigners' joint....
Let's just learn together and be content.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
you girls should please stop your arguements oh, una 2 dey disturb with long explanations
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
gees101:
you girls should please stop your arguements oh, una 2 dey disturb with long explanations

Ok...I'm done with the disagreement.
I'll leave it alone.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:
Look,
I know this drawing a large crowd of spectators, but I'm really not in the mood for it.
That's happened to me a few times on N.L.
We just need to see how we can all co-exist in here together...cause this is the Foreigners' joint....
Let's just learn together and be content.

Agreed.
How are you?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Agreed.
How are you?

I'm great. Thanks for asking.
How have you been?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:

Ok...I'm done with the disagreement. I'll leave it alone.
good....God bless the both of you, fine women
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:

I'm great. Thanks for asking.
How have you been?

ok. I am woefullly behind on coursework.
I am due to go to a family reunion next week.
I wonder if Nigerians have those. I would call out friends of the forum, last I did that, I got put in time out for spamming.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
gees101:
good....God bless the both of you, fine women

Hi Gees1?

Ive noticed you around.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hi Gees1?

Ive noticed you around.
good day ma,yes i have been around the corner observing,hope you good?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
@Mobilia,@Hiawatha......abeg wetting dey happen here o??.you ladies are the lifewire of this thread,abeg make una chill o so we can enjoy this room abeg.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Good.
Was wondering, are you American? Your moniker leads me to believe so.
Well,that's mixture of my name but I be typical ninja guy only that I dey Yankee for now.
What's up with you ??
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by gees101(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Hi Gees1?
Ive noticed you around.
good day ma,yes around the corner observing
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
Crystalight:
Well,that's mixture of my name but I be typical ninja guy only that I dey Yankee for now.
What's up with you ??

Oh, I assumed you were American and female. Sorry. I didnt investigate your profile. I dont normally look into profiles before commenting.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
Crystalight:
@Mobilia,@Hiawatha......abeg wetting dey happen here o??.you ladies are the lifewire of this thread,abeg make una chill o so we can enjoy this room abeg.

We did.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Oh, I assumed you were American and female. Sorry. I didnt investigate your profile. I dont normally look into profiles before commenting.
Only females attract you??.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

We did.
No you have not.you ladies are faking it and won't be good for the health of the thread moving forward.
Hiawatha,what exactly did Mobilia say/do that you found offensive??.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
Crystalight:

Sorry, not interested in encouraging drama. I meant what I said. Sorry if that is not juicy enough for you.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Sorry, not interested.

?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
revontuli:

I read your replies in FrankNetter's thread, you are getting so much good karma for helping people out. Kudos for being so nice and friendly!

Thanks
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Crystalight: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Sorry, not interested in encouraging drama. I meant what I said. Sorry if that is not juicy enough for you.
Can see you still dey vex real hard but wetin I know self,I just joined here and will let it slide.

For me,no DRAMA but pure FUN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (92) (Reply)

Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!! / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.