Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Different Races In Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Different Races In Africa (10221 Views)

The Different Theories About The Origin Of The Hausa People / The Different Nationalities On NL Rep. Where Ur From / The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
Behold

Re: The Different Races In Africa by topas100(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2013
Great map
Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Madagascar is blasian
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
TerryCarr: Madagascar is blasian

no such think as blasian, but the map just shows how people look, nothing scientific ofcourse. But just the appearance of how people look to Europeans long before dna was known about.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by BlackKenichi(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ajuran: Behold
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1344350_06000-1_jpg077b035e59e1250dae4df78df8285493[/img]
Outdated sh1t.

Ajuran:

no such think as blasian, but the map just shows how people look, nothing scientific ofcourse. But just the appearance of how people look to Europeans long before dna was known about.
Yes there is.
Blasian is a portmanteau of black and asian. It describes a person or people that are a mix of Sub-Saharan African and East Asian.

2 Likes

Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ajuran:

madagascar

black and Asian

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 12:47am On Oct 06, 2013
TerryCarr:
madagascar

black and Asian

asian is not a race you slowpoke.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

asian is not a race you slowpoke.
you know what i mean so don't play dumb.

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 6:53am On Oct 06, 2013
TerryCarr: you know what i mean so don't play dumb.

asia is a continent, not a race.

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2013
it dose not change the fact that the map if outdated

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2013
TerryCarr: it dose not change the fact that the map if outdated

the names might not be right, but obviously those areas where their are cushitic people shows even europeans know that cushitic people dont look like negroid who are submissive and more backwards looking.

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by BlackKenichi(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

the names might not be right, but obviously those areas where their are cushitic people shows even europeans know that cushitic people dont look like negroid who are submissive and more backwards looking.
Many things arent right about that map. I don't see many women chasing after Somali men. Name a boxing, K1 or MMA champ that's Somali? Why did the Cushitics in Kenya and Tanzania got overrun by Bantus around 1000BC?
If all you can do is post outdated pics and references then you need to try harder!
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Many things arent right about that map. I don't see many women chasing after Somali men. Name a boxing, K1 or MMA champ that's Somali? Why did the Cushitics in Kenya and Tanzania got overrun by Bantus around 1000BC?
If all you can do is post outdated pics and references then you need to try harder!

no bantus overrun somalis, you slowpoke. Somalis werent even in somalia untill a few thousand years ago. Thats why all the cities are named by persians and arabs. Look at Mogadishu its persian for seat of the shah, and cities like merka, barawe.

Somalis like all cushitic people came from the highlands of central ethiopia.

besides it was arabs who had slaves in kenya and somalis and ethiopians had bantu slaves. So did whites so sit down.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by BlackKenichi(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

no bantus overrun somalis, you slowpoke. Somalis werent even in somalia untill a few thousand years ago. Thats why all the cities are named by persians and arabs. Look at Mogadishu its persian for seat of the shah, and cities like merka, barawe.
I never said Somalis, I said Cushitics in Kenya and Tanzania. Answer my question.

Ajuran: Somalis like all cushitic people came from the highlands of central ethiopia.
Wrong! It seem that Cushitics are from Upper Egypt/North Sudan. They migrated to the Horn of Africa around 7000-8000 years ago. Then they made to as far south as Central Tanzania by about 3000-4000 BC

Ajuran: besides it was arabs who had slaves in kenya and somalis and ethiopians had bantu slaves. So did whites so sit down.
So what?

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 7:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:
I never said Somalis, I said Cushitics in Kenya and Tanzania. Answer my question.

Wrong! It seem that Cushitics are from Upper Egypt/North Sudan. They migrated to the Horn of Africa around 7000-8000 years ago. Then they made to as far south as Central Tanzania by about 3000-4000 BC

So what?

no cushitic people were in tanzania. Cushitic people are somali, afar, amahra, tigrey, beja, oromo.

Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

no cushitic people were in tanzania. Cushitic people are somali, afar, amahra, tigrey, beja, oromo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqw_people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n2qa4ZOvV4

2 Likes

Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

oromos

afar
[img]http://4.bp..com/-MjGh1Jx3veQ/UWlnibrTMnI/AAAAAAAAAyw/CFJbsRGkaKE/s1600/01+afar_mm_09.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by BlackKenichi(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:

TerryCarr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqw_people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n2qa4ZOvV4
Thanks TerryCarr. The Iraqw are part of the South Cushitic peoples like Burunge, Kw'adza (now an extinct language but the people might live on), Alagwa, Gorowa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Cushitic_languages

Genetic studies have found that Tanzanian Bantus do have significant Cushitic genes. They are about 25% Cushitic!

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:

Thanks TerryCarr. The Iraqw are part of the South Cushitic peoples like Burunge, Kw'adza (now an extinct language but the people might live on), Alagwa, Gorowa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Cushitic_languages

Genetic studies have found that Tanzanian Bantus do have significant Cushitic genes. They are about 25% Cushitic!

idiooot, no such thing as cushitic genes. Cushitic people are people who live in the horn of africa, and were part of Ethiopia and called the themselves Cush. their is no dna called cushitic.

Cushitic speakers dont include some ethiopian groups either but do include the beja people in souther egypt and norther sudan.

Re: The Different Races In Africa by BlackKenichi(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ajuran:
idiooot, no such thing as cushitic genes.
Then you're begging the question. Why say that Cushitics are genetically different from other Africans?

Ajuran: Cushitic people are people who live in the horn of africa, and were part of Ethiopia and called the themselves Cush. their is no dna called cushitic.
Cushitic is also a branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushitic_languages
While there is no dna called Cushitic, there does seem to be a similar genetic profile that is amongst Cushitic speakers. So much so that Cushitics speakers form there own Sub-Saharan African genetic cluster.

Ajuran: Cushitic speakers dont include some ethiopian groups either but do include the beja people in souther egypt and norther sudan.
I know that. Those Ethiopians are called Ethio-Semites.

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Then you're begging the question. Why say that Cushitics are genetically different from other Africans?

Cushitic is also a branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushitic_languages
While there is no dna called Cushitic, there does seem to be a similar genetic profile that is amongst Cushitic speakers. So much so that Cushitics speakers form there own Sub-Saharan African genetic cluster.

I know that. Those Ethiopians are called Ethio-Semites.

they are still the people who called themselves cush when all the people were the same. But they do speak a semetic langaguage. All ethiopians speak mostly semetic since thats their national langauge is amahara. But they are still cushitic people, As that is what they refered themselves to
Re: The Different Races In Africa by ProudSAfrican(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is all just sad
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
TerryCarr: Madagascar is blasian

Madagascar is black African and Indian (people from India) as it is situated on the Indian ocean. That said, ROFL that map is so wrong that it isn't even funny.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by TerryCarr(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

Madagascar is black African and Indian (people from India) as it is situated on the Indian ocean. That said, ROFL that map is so wrong that it isn't even funny.
Austronesian

Recent DNA research revealed that the genetic makeup of the average Malagasy person constitutes an approximately equal blend of Austronesian and Bantu genes

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Fulaman198(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
TerryCarr:
Austronesian

Recent DNA research revealed that the genetic makeup of the average Malagasy person constitutes an approximately equal blend of Austronesian and Bantu genes

Oh ok, that's a very far migration. I used to think that they were from India.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

Is it India or the area around Indonesia?

Indians don't have the Mongoloid features so evident on the faces of some Malagasy people.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Amusing a map to look at though woefully ignorant lol
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2013
the important thing is Cushitic people are not negroid.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Ajuran: the important thing is Cushitic people are not negroid.

Why do you keep saying you're a MUTT?

1 Like

Re: The Different Races In Africa by Ajuran: 5:21am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Why do you keep saying you're a MUTT?

who said am a mutt? Am Somali related to eritreans, and ethiopians. Collectively known as Cushitic.

stupid negroid.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Eri8: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2013
It's funny how you only see somalis claiming their not black, then add in eritreans and ethiopians in there. All habeshas I know (eritreans and ethiopians) claim to be black. If dont want to be black, fine, but don't add other nationalities into your commentary as you are only representing somalis, not eritreans and ethiopians.
Re: The Different Races In Africa by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 11, 2013
Eri8: It's funny how you only see somalis claiming their not black, then add in eritreans and ethiopians in there. All habeshas I know (eritreans and ethiopians) claim to be black. If dont want to be black, fine, but don't add other nationalities into your commentary as you are only representing somalis, not eritreans and ethiopians.

Apparently he's a troll. I agree that he shouldnt speak for other groups, but nor can one speak for their own group since everyone will have their personal view. I come across opposing views all the time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Women Don't Say "cha Cha Cha! Igbo Kwenu!"" / Argument: Are African Americans Their Own Ethnic Group? I Say Yes. / Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.