Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516692 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by EdifiedHebrew: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
MrAladin:
THE CHURCH IS CATHOLIC AND SHE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL CHURCHES.
Catholic (Universal) in Means and in
Mission (830-831)
The Church is Catholic (meaning "universal"wink
in two ways. First, the Church is universal
because Christ is present in her. She receives
from him "the fullness of the means of
salvation." In this fundamental sense, the
Church was Catholic on the day of Pentecost
and will be so until Christ returns.
Second, the Church is Catholic because she
has a mission to the whole world. The new
People of God (while remaining one) must
spread throughout the world. God made
human nature one and now he decrees that
all the scattered people be gathered
together. By its gift of universality, the
church seeks the return of all humanity
under Christ the Head (Second Vatican
Council).
Catholic Even When Local (832-833)
The Church is really present in all legitimately
organized local groups of the faithful united
to their pastors (called "churches" in the
New Testament). These communities might
be small and poor. Yet, in these particular
churches Christ is present and the One, Holy,
Catholic, and Apostolic Church is constituted
(Second Vatican Council).
The diocese (or eparchy) is a community of
faithful headed by a bishop ordained in
apostolic succession. These particular
churches are modeled after the universal
Church. In them the one and unique Catholic
Church exists.
Unity in Rome (834)
Particular Churches are fully Catholic by their
unity with Rome "which presides in
charity" (St. Ignatius of Antioch). "For with
this Church (Rome), by reason of its pre-
eminence, the whole Church must
necessarily be in accord" (St. Irenaeus). "All
Christian Churches have held the great
Church of Rome as their basis and
foundation since, the gates of hell have
never prevailed against her" (St. Maximus
the Confessor).
In a Variety of Cultures (835)
The universal Church is not just a federation
of different particular Churches. The
universal Church is rooted in a variety of
cultures and takes on different external
expressions. The rich variety shows forth
the Catholicity of the undivided Church (Pope
Paul VI).
All are Called (836)
All men are certainly called to this Catholic
unity. The Catholic faithful, others who
believe in Christ, and all mankind belong to
or are ordered to Catholic unity.
Some are Incorporated (837-838)
The fully incorporated are those who accept
all the Church's means of salvation and who,
by profession of faith, the sacraments,
church government, and communion, are
united in the visible structure of the Church.
However, a Church member who does not
persevere in charity is not saved. He is in the
Church's bosom, but "in body" not "in
heart" (Second Vatican Council).
Others who are baptized and are called
"Christian" but who do not profess the
Catholic faith are still joined to the Catholic
Church in many ways. They enjoy a certain,
although imperfect, communion with the
Catholic Church. The unity with the Orthodox
Church is so profound that it lacks little to
attain the fullness to permit a common
celebration of Eucharist (Pope Paul VI).
The Jews - Awaiting an Unknown Messiah
(839-840)
Those who have not heard the Gospel are
related to the People of God in various ways.
The Jewish People were the first to hear the
Word of God, and their faith is already a
response to God's revelation. To them
"belong the sonship, the glory, the
covenants, the giving of the law, the
worship and the promises" (Rom 9:4-5) and
"this call of God is irrevocable" (Rom 11:29).
The People of God of the Old Covenant and
new People of God expect the coming (or
the return) of the Messiah. However, the
People of the New Covenant await the
return of a risen Messiah. The People of the
Old Covenant await the coming of a still
unknown Messiah, because they do not
know or they misunderstand Christ Jesus.

Catholic is the mother of harlots and if they don't repent they will be destroyed
Catholic has led the whole world to sin against the Most High.
Catholic has made the whole world to continue worshipping satan.
Please stop following their doctrine and other man made doctrines. All these man made doctrines will perish.
Follow the DOCTRINE of YAHAWAH bahasham Yahawashi Hamasciach whom you called Jesus Christ.
DEUTERONOMY 32:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

44 And Moses came and spake all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he, and Hoshea the son of Nun.

45 And Moses made an end of speaking all these words to all Israel:

46 And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law.

47 For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

ROME will be completely wiped out. See the prophecy in the book of Numbers 24:24 And ships shall come from the coast of Chittim, and shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber, and he also shall perish for ever.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Leis: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Am a catholic but I have decided to stopped believing their doctrine becos they contradict the bible, I have even gone to minor seminary, There were times, I wanted to be priest but later change my mind as I get older, so I know what am talking about
1. I can't keep praying the rosary when Jesus is merciful God and has paid the ultimate price on the cross for me, I need no Mary to intercede for me, Jesus is the way, nobody can come to the father except through him.
2. I cant keep praying Saint Michael the arch angel prayer when the bible in revelation in 22:9 says we should worship God alone, angels are only answerable to God, there are used by God to deliver message to man, u cant send them.
3.only God is holy, we were told that the pope is infallible, stop believing too much in pope, pope is human like u but pray to your heavenly father in heaven.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 12:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Are both of you done, thank you very much for your time, we shall see you outside the group.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Leis:
Am a catholic but I have decided to stopped believing their doctrine becos they contradict the bible, I have even gone to minor seminary, There were times, I wanted to be priest but later change my mind as I get older, so I know what am talking about
1. I can't keep praying the rosary when Jesus is merciful God and has paid the ultimate price on the cross for me, I need no Mary to intercede for me, Jesus is the way, nobody can come to the father except through him.
2. I cant keep praying Saint Michael the arch angel prayer when the bible in revelation in 22:9 says we should worship God alone, angels are only answerable to God, there are used by God to deliver message to man, u cant send them.
3.only God is holy, we were told that the pope is infallible, stop believing too much in pope, pope is human like u but pray to your heavenly father in heaven.

When your life gets more stable, and the confusions cease, even this shall be made clear to you. Be humble.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Leis: 6:19am On Jan 20, 2019
Syncan:

When your life gets more stable, and the confusions cease, even this shall be made clear to you. Be humble.

Beloved, GOD IS NOT FAR FROM U THE WAY WE WERE made TO BELIEVE, sake him in spirit and in truth and u will find him, draw close to him and he will come closer to you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2019
Leis:

Beloved, GOD IS NOT FAR FROM U THE WAY WE WERE made TO BELIEVE, sake him in spirit and in truth and u will find him, draw close to him and he will come closer to you.

When you get to know Him, you will no longer be confused, even this shall be made clear to you. Let the Ethiopian Eunuch be your guide. Acts 8:26-40

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Leis: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Syncan:

When you get to know Him, you will no longer be confused, even this shall be made clear to you. Let the Ethiopian Eunuch be your guide. Acts 8:26-40

Brother, Christianity is all about Jesus CHRIST no other person have the power to save except by him whom scribe we are heal, not even Mary, mary was a mere instruments God used to deliver message as he uses prophets today. Pray to God in Jesus name and u will have answers.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2019
Leis:

Brother, Christianity is all about Jesus CHRIST no other person have the power to save except by him whom scribe we are heal, not even Mary, mary was a mere instruments God used to deliver message as he uses prophets today. Pray to God in Jesus name and u will have answers.

Bro, aren't you the one who is searching for answers? aren't you the one whose spirit is asleep in the face of evil machinations? I search for no answers because; Jesus the son of Mary has got me covered. Take a moment and think about your life, think about how blind you are spiritually, then reconsider your devotion. The angel,delivering a message from God the father, called her blessed Lk1:28. Elizabeth under the influence of the Holy spirit called her blessed Lk1:42, she herself bearing God the son in her womb, declared that all generations shall call her blessed Lk1:48. Yet you call her "mere instrument", don't you see why you're in such a troubled state?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2019
Leis:

Lol
We have seen many of your brothers and sisters here in the past.

They didn't tell you how resolute we are. Sorry about that.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
hurricaneChris:

Lol
We have seen many of your brothers and sisters here in the past.

They didn't tell you how resolute we are. Sorry about that.

well it's unfortunate that they appear out of the blue and begin to post sth off the points about Catholics. I don't know what is their problem till now
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
Happy new month brethren, may this month bring us unlimited divine favours

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2019
Happy birthday Syncan dear, may your new age be graced by God's divine upliftment and guidiance. Let the Lord cause you to shine forth always.

Once again, happy birthday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
SalC:
Happy birthday Syncan dear, may your new age be graced by God's divine upliftment and guidiance. Let the Lord cause you to shine forth always.

Let me add my voice to mama's.

may God shepherd all that concern u in this ur new age.

How old are u now? how old are u now? how old are u now syncan? how old are u now?

#No lem me hear u say +1

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
SalC:

O SalC dearie, amen amen to your prayers. I appreciate. God bless you now and always.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Let me add my voice to mama's.

may God shepherd all that concern u in this ur new age.

How old are u now? how old are u now? how old are u now syncan? how old are u now?

#No lem me hear u say +1

Amen Amen, me Lord spiritual. Thank you very much. God bless you. Why are you repeating one question na?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
Syncan:

Amen Amen, me Lord spiritual. Thank you very much. God bless you. Why are you repeating one question na?
IT IS PART OF THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG.
I sang the first part in my mind.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ubenedictus:
IT IS PART OF THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG.
I sang the first part in my mind.

Aha, ok. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
Syncan:

Aha, ok. Thanks.
ANswer the question na
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
Happy birthday Syncan onye oma
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
Happy New Month family Happy birthday to the celebrant fun filled day, I wish you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2019
Ubenedictus:
ANswer the question na

Just sing your song de go, I no want interfere.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2019
jnrbayano:
Happy birthday Syncan onye oma

Nwoke oma, thanks a lot. God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2019
Mickey02:
Happy New Month family
Happy birthday to the celebrant
fun filled day, I wish you

Thanks dear one, God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:45am On Feb 02, 2019
Syncan:

Just sing your song de go, I no want interfere.
na so u dey dodge abi?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 12:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Syncan:

Thanks dear one, God bless you.
Amen
Happy Valentines day in advance wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2019
Today is the beginning of Lent, may we have a fruitful Lenten season. Amen.

You are quite an inspiration to many, even more to those you've never met. We have experienced your motherly care and concern here in this thread. Though today is Ash Wednesday, we'll still remember and celebrate you. I say Happy birthday SalC, Ada Zion. May the presence of our Lord never depart from you, amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Syncan:

You are quite an inspiration to many, even more to those you've never met. We have experienced your motherly care and concern here in this thread. Though today is Ash Wednesday, we'll still remember and celebrate you. I say Happy birthday SalC, Ada Zion. May the presence of our Lord never depart from you, amen.
Hey!
God has done it again by allowing u see a new age, may He bless it for you.

happy baiday mama salc

since ur birthday fell on ash wednesday please can you propose a lenten activity for us and invite the brethren to partake?

oga syncan if u can help too please do!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
Happy Ash Wednesday people.

May God hear and accept our penance and petitions during this lenten period, amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2019
something happened in my parish that kept me thinking and wondering as well. During 1st Friday adoration, after station of the cross and the Holy mass, I saw the Catechist bringing the Blessed Sacrament (Monstrance) from the adoration chapel to the sanctuary. And i wondered why would the priest let or asked the Catechist to bring the Blessed Sacrament, I thought is a function to be done by the priest alone or bishop but i'm surprised that the Catechist, not even a Deacon or seminarian, just did it. As my fellow catholic, i don't know if this is right or sorry. pls solve the puzzle and confusion running through my mind?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
Syncan:

Thank you bro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Hey!
God has done it again by allowing u see a new age, may He bless it for you.

happy baiday mama salc

since ur birthday fell on ash wednesday please can you propose a lenten activity for us and invite the brethren to partake?

oga syncan if u can help too please do!

Thank you bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.