Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter (3726 Views)

8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter / Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Codedrock(m): 6:49am On Oct 04, 2013
The first daughter of the late former governor of Ondo State Olusegun Agagu, Mrs Solape Hammond gave an interview to The Nation at the Agagu’s residence in Ibadan.
Mrs Hammond said No member of the family wanted the patriarchs to go into politics but it was difficult to stop her father since he had a passion for the well being of his people.
She said her father never sought publicity, his activities brought him into limelight, particularly his geological surveys as a lecturer in the University of Ibadan.
That they was a time her mother used to cook for over 30 people daily, stressing that ther was never less than 10 people in the house at any point in time.
She said Children of the family’s friends living abroad and extended family were living in their home.
She said her Father the Late former Governor taught in three different universities at the time because of his passion for working and caring for others. Despite his several engagements, she went on to describe her father as a devoted family man, who always created time for his family.
According to her “He was a great man, an inspiration to many and a selfless worker who was passionate about his country and people. He loved his country and his people and he sought to do good everyday.”
Speaking on what she wished her father should have done indifferently. “I wish he did not go into politics because we were very private people. But he was passionate about. We are getting a a lot of Accolades but it was not like that at the time. That is something I wish he did not go through”.
Mrs Hammond described the loss of their privacy as the sacrifice the family made for their patriarch. She wished her father lived longer, so she could return his love.
Olusegun Agagu passed away on the 13th of Sept. 2013
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by kelvOdanz(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2013
May his soul rest in peace...Wish you as well told him not to drag any member of his family or any other soul to the grave with him......
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by bloggernaija: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2013
Agagu like all the other governors since aka sin was a disaster for ondo state.

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2013
U wish he didn't go into politics undecided
But u enjoyed the wealth and luxuries that comes with it, abi?

Why telling us now? undecided

Next thread abeg!

12 Likes

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by donpetros: 7:31am On Oct 04, 2013
sorry 4 ur loss. This feeling is normal when we lose love ones just take heart.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by antifat(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2013
Is dis a regret statement?
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by acmev2(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2013
Too late Sis.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Gbawe: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2013
Codedrock: The first daughter of the late former governor of Ondo State Olusegun Agagu, Mrs Solape Hammond gave an interview to The Nation at the Agagu’s residence in Ibadan.
Mrs Hammond said No member of the family wanted the patriarchs to go into politics but it was difficult to stop her father since he had a passion for the well being of his people.
She said her father never sought publicity, his activities brought him into limelight, particularly his geological surveys as a lecturer in the University of Ibadan.

Dear Mrs.Hammond, first and foremost, condolences for your loss. Yours is the memory of a child who clearly loved her father. That is how it should be. Yet, I wager that Ondo folks would beg to differ, perhaps vehemently so, that your father was an administrator who "had a passion for the well being of his people".

3 Likes

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 04, 2013
Actually he didn't do too badly in Ondo state.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by cashkidisback1(m): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2013
wen he was busy looting d state dry,u neva wished dt he shud quit lootin abi bt nw dt he is gone,u ar nw wishin..am nt surprised cuz u folks ar always two faced fellows
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by ayusco85(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2013
When u been dey enjoy d politics money as the first family of ondo state u ₪☺ talk say u wish ur dad wasn't A̶̲̥̅ politician, na now wey him dead body get accident na him u dey regret. See ur mouth there. Oya return all d money wey him don spend on top ur head since wey dem born u.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by demelza: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2013
I wished my own father went into politics. If he had, I wont be at home now watching ASUU dance azonto with my education.
Na Harvard I for dey.

4 Likes

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2013
SLIDE waxie: U wish he didn't go into politics undecided

Next thread abeg!
Okpokoro isi you are on point today. Bravo

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by WildChild00(m): 8:31am On Oct 04, 2013
May his gentle soul rest in peace, the suitation of politics in Nigeria can never be over emphasized, the monetary gains attached to it is just too much, that is the main reason while during elections, many do all sort of rituals just to sit on that sit, From the President, Governors, Senators, House of Rep members, LG.Chairman, etc. There is a saying "The love of money is the root of all evil", until Nigerian political class stops attaching too much values/financial gains to political offices, and allow people who wants to serve voluntarily to go der, there will be no peace in the land, too much money in politics in Nigeria.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2013
SIS, WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TANTAMOUNT TO ENJOYING THE FAVOURS OF A PROSTITUTE AND REFUSING TO PAY AFTER OFFLOADING TWO TERMS, SORRY, TIMES
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2013
SLIDE waxie: U wish he didn't go into politics undecided

Next thread abeg!
you just spoke my mind!
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Acidosis(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2013
na you sabi...

As for me I will politically politicize my career into politics...
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Danhumprey: 8:57am On Oct 04, 2013
demelza: I wished my own father went into politics. If he had, I wont be at home now watching ASUU dance azonto with my education.
Na Harvard I for dey.
Chillax. Politics isn't the solution to every problems. Don't give up on Nigeria. Better days are ahead.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by WildChild00(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2013
Acidosis: na you sabi...

As for me I will politically politicize my career into politics...

Thats good, but dont forget, wat you sow is wat you reap, sow bantifully, u reap bantifully, sow guinea-fasiouslly, u reap guinea- fasiouslly, sow wisely.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2013
What this lady said is so deep rooted that an ordinary my cannot comprehend.
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Caracta(f): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2013
django1: Actually he didn't do too badly in Ondo state.

Smh...
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by tellwisdom: 10:37am On Oct 04, 2013
Please, what should I say?? sad
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Codedrock(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
LOL.. SHEY YOU CAN BE RICH IF HE HADNT JOIN?
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by switdil(f): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2013
If your papa no die we no go dey hear this nonsense o
U go even support make e campaign for next election
Na one by one God go dey catch una
No be curse

Rip to d son
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2013
chidindufrank: Okpokoro isi you are on point today. Bravo
*duly ignored*
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=tellwisdom]Please, what should I say?? sad[/quote) =====>spit dude........U forgot that sad cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
FYI, They werent suffering before he became governor. This man was a university professor when Nigeria was still 'really good' ..a time most here were not yet born.

Nothing wrong with her 'wish' ...it was her dad..not her ..nothing she would have done then would've stopped him from going into politics.

There are a lot of things we sometimes wished we had not done ..but we have..so we deal with it and make the best out of it. Still doesnt mean we wished we had not gone into it in the first place...especially when we are dependents of the subject as in this case.

But I understand some people on the outside do not want honesty.

Maybe she should have kept her regrets to herself..that would make the 'world' happy.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmaker Harrasses Okonjo-iweala / What AIT Refuse To Tell Nigerians And Lagosians / Amuwo Odofin Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.