Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? (4796 Views)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / What Is Buddhism And How Can It Help Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by nnofaith: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

No need arguing since you cant show me faith in Ifa or where it stated in the corpus of Ifa that believe and worship so so and so.

I promise to open a thread for discussing spirituality and religion. Cheers man
what is the essence of sacrifice (ebo) in ifa "philosophy" then? is that not worship? or you will say that is also metaphoric too?!
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by nnofaith: 10:44am On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

No need arguing since you cant show me faith in Ifa or where it stated in the corpus of Ifa that believe and worship so so and so.

I promise to open a thread for discussing spirituality and religion. Cheers man
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2013
nnofaith: what is the essence of sacrifice (ebo) in ifa "philosophy" then?

No con ask question to run from my answer o.

Everything in the universe is consciouse.

Everything has it own ase (energy).

But there’s more to animal sacrifice nothing more than actively recharging an Orisa’s cosmic ase-battery.

sacrifice does not provide us with ase – ase only comes from Olodumare and the Orisa. Nor do we give blood to the Orisa to give them ase as they are already the keepers of Olodumare’s divine energy. We do not give blood to the Orisa to give our tools or “shrines” ase or even to give our lives ase. Believing that ritual sacrifice gives our Orisa ase is due to a misunderstanding not just of ritual sacrifice but also of ase.

My two kobo.... Im not that deep but thats the best way I can explain it.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Bro, if you want to keep foolish grudges, feel free to do so. I'm tired of your nonsense. This is my last reply to you on this matter.

Hypocrite. You started the whole nonsense but now you want to act "mature"

ode
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

No con ask question to run from my answer o.

Everything in the universe is consciouse.

Everything has it own ase (energy).

But there’s more to animal sacrifice nothing more than actively recharging an Orisa’s cosmic ase-battery.

sacrifice does not provide us with ase – ase only comes from Olodumare and the Orisa. Nor do we give blood to the Orisa to give them ase as they are already the keepers of Olodumare’s divine energy. We do not give blood to the Orisa to give our tools or “shrines” ase or even to give our lives ase. Believing that ritual sacrifice gives our Orisa ase is due to a misunderstanding not just of ritual sacrifice but also of ase.

Pastor AIO: You might find that often the 'traditionalists' are simply people sick and tired of christianity and islam and as such their stance is a reaction against these religions rather than any particular attraction to African religious ideas. That is not true for all of them, but I'm sure that some fit into this category.

Then there is the political element. ATR becomes a means of embracing your blackness, and your african identity, rather than based on any real spiritual experience.

Beyond NL, when discussing with such people, I find that their espousal of ATR tends to fall apart when you ask keen interested questions about their beliefs
. One finds that they have very little actual involvement with ATR, whether as practitioners or as scholars simply taking an academic interest in it.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hypocrite. You started the whole nonsense but now you want to act "mature"

ode

Oga, your views needed on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1468365/naturalistic-pantheism-atheism
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Ode...add to the topic on ground and answer questions directed at you.

Did I say there is nothing like sacrifice in Yoruba spirituality? I said im not deep and have explained it in my view. Drop your token and get lost. Ode

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Ode...add to the topic on ground and answer questions directed at you.

Did I say there is nothing like sacrifice in Yoruba spirituality? I said im not deep and have explained it in my view. Drop your token and get lost. Ode

You're confused.

Take care.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

You're confused.

Take care.

ode
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

So you are now disregarding sacrifice in Ifa Orisha? LMAO!

YOU MUST BE A PROPHET.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU MUST BE A PROPHET.

Abeg, speak to the confused nigga. Smh. He wants to derives his own version of Ifa. Lol.

Confused confusion.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Abeg, speak to the confused nigga. Smh. He wants to derives his own version of Ifa. Lol.

Confused confusion.

I think brother Folykase has successfully demonstrated how prophets of religion (jesus, moses, muhammad, Folykase,etc.) came into existence.

1)They don't go by pure SPirituality or experience. They go by theory.

2)They do away with aspects of ancient religion in practice, that they feel does not suit them or "their" modern standards.

3)They believe they have suceeded in creating a modern. new age religion.

Brother FOlykase, you are on the right track, but please dont just go by theory. Go by experience.

Ifa didnt tell Yoruba to do Egungun masquerade as well. But they still do it. I hope you get my drift.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I think brother Folykase has successfully demonstrated how prophets of religion (jesus, moses, muhammad, Folykase,etc.) came into existence.

2)They do away with aspects of ancient religion in practice, that they feel does not suit them or "their" modern standards.

At least someone sees what I see. He's trying to reinvent Ifa, when it's practitioners do take sacrifices, the deities and the rituals serious.

How u dey boss? Long time. I saw your Invitation thread in the Culture section. Hope those mentioned respond. Really looking forward to it.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

At least someone sees what I see. He's trying to reinvent Ifa, when it's practitioners do take sacrifices, the deities and the rituals serious.

How u dey boss? Long time. I saw your Invitation thread in the Culture section. Hope those mentioned respond. Really looking forward to it.

True. As I said, brother FOlykase is neglecting the actual material connection, i.e., the hands-on-experience of Ifa.

Im fine. doing well. Yes its been long.

Haha I did it for you guyz. I hope they respond. same here. wink
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

3)They believe they have suceeded in creating a modern. new age religion.

Brother FOlykase, you are on the right track, but please dont just go by theory. Go by experience.

Ifa didnt tell Yoruba to do Egungun masquerade as well. But they still do it. I hope you get my drift.

Lol.

True I read alot about Ifa. I asked question from ifa priest and do observe them divining and working in shrine.

Im not initiated yet. Even most some of my questions are not answered by the priest because he think i must be a student before I can know those things. But how can I be initiated when am still in my papa house?

How do you want me to bring okin ifa and opele to my papa house?

I can still learn within the limit I can and will continue learning. Cheers man
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol.

True I read alot about Ifa. I asked question from ifa priest and do observe them divining and working in shrine.

Im not initiated yet. Even most some of my questions are not answered by the priest because he think i must be a student before I can know those things. But how can I be initiated when am still in my papa house?

How do you want me to bring okin ifa and opele to my papa house?

I can still learn within the limit I can and will continue learning. Cheers man

Learning has its ups and downs. but dont give up bro.

Lol teach your papa some IFa. wink

I wish you luck. Get yourself initiate when you can.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU MUST BE A PROPHET.

There are two discipline in Ifa : awo and Ogbere.

Where did I deny sacrifice is in Ifa? Pagan9ja why lying na?

I explained ritual to my own understanding and stated that im not deep into that. Is that a crime?

Pls dont join the wagon of Abrahamic religion which is devour with lie. Speak truth and live by it.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Learning has its ups and downs. but dont give up bro.

Lol teach your papa some IFa. wink

I wish you luck. Get yourself initiate when you can.

Old man is a core christian. He hates anything Ifa.

Initiation straight after leaving the territory of old man. Lol.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

There are two discipline in Ifa : awo and Ogbere.

Where did I deny sacrifice is in Ifa? Pagan9ja why lying na?

I explained ritual to my own understanding and stated that im not deep into that. Is that a crime?

Pls dont join the wagon of Abrahamic religion which is devour with lie. Speak truth and live by it.

ok I thought you denied sacrifice.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok I thought you denied sacrifice.

Aboki mi, abeg they read well before attacking me.

Tell me about marriage in hausa....i feel like bringing my jewel from there.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

he is afraid of the orishas. His version of ifa is too interesting to be true.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: he is afraid of the orishas. His version of ifa is too interesting to be true.

Is this how you became a christian?

What is Orisha?

Na wa o.....claiming something you have zero knowledge about. Nairaland sha
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Is this how you became a christian?

What is Orisha?

Na wa o.....claiming something you have zero knowledge about. Nairaland sha
atleast i know that the orisha aren't just energy but are actually being who can be accessed.
How is that for zero knowledge?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by barackohandso(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Ubenedictus: he is afraid of the orishas. His version of ifa is too interesting to be true.

As in, very interesting ehn! Sounds so cool.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:29am On Oct 08, 2013
barack_o_handso:

As in, very interesting ehn! Sounds so cool.

In lil wayne voice "B¡tch swallow words, taste my thoughts
And if its too nasty, spit it back at me"

mind helping your friend defining Orisa? Ya you heard me right, if it not good with ya, split it back....meaning prove me wrong
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by barackohandso(m): 1:54am On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

In lil wayne voice "B¡tch swallow words, taste my thoughts
And if its too nasty, spit it back at me"

mind helping your friend defining Orisa? Ya you heard me right, if it not good with ya, split it back....meaning prove me wrong

Chillax bruv! Don't go down the 'nigga' road hence derailing your thread. I have no ish with your 'Orisa' definition, "Selective consciousness" you say, yes? But that's besides the point.

And "Bîtçh swallow words" is anything but Nigerian/African, you're a staunch promoter of African values and cultures as opposed to American values, no?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Chillax bruv! Don't go down the 'nigga' road hence derailing your thread. I have no ish with your 'Orisa' definition, "Selective consciousness" you say, yes? But that's besides the point.

And "Bîtçh swallow words" is anything but Nigerian/African, you're a staunch promoter of African values and cultures as opposed to American values, no?

I have someone following this thread. You got the definition correct....thumb up man.

What exactly is it im scared of in consciousness? Still wondering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel / Lies Told By 'Jesus' / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.