Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today (13872 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by fabulousstan(m): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2013
Watch out for more fresh air coming to Ondo state as President Jonathan will be commissioning the Omotosho Power Plant II which will generate 500mw (4*112.5 ISO 125MW) to the national grid, on October 19th of this year.
This was disclosed by the MD/C.E.O of NDPHC while commenting on the commissioning of Geregu - II power plant yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by taharqa: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Good.....brick by brick, Mr President

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by adeyak83(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
k
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by tamunoibiso(f): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Fresher Air till 2019, Nice move Jona.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by rozayx5(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
and some people will hang them selves on that day over this news grin

14 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by wola44: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
OBJ start the project o

5 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Itoroetti(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
This man is really working.if only we can shun tribalism for once and open our eye to see the beauty of GEJ leadership.

Carry go sir

19 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Itoroetti(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
wola44: OBJ start the project o

Obj started what?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by fabulousstan(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
rozayx5: and some people will hang them selves on that day over this news grin
Definitely, all the Anti-GEJ on naiaraland go hug transformer that day.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Itoroetti :

Obj started what?

OBJ started all the Power projects GEJ is commissioning including Omotosho.

Google is your loving friend, make good use of it sometimes...

12 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Rossikk(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Now we can see what OBJ spent the so called 'wasted' 16 billion USD on. I keep telling people the man initiated over 12 power plants. Many more are still coming to fruition.

9 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Agbameta.., And so what? Even if it was started by Lord Lugard, what difference does it make? Did OBJ not inherit uncompleted projects in 1999? Did OBJ not have 8 full years to do whatever he wanted to do? Did power improve while OBJ held sway for 8 years? OBJ tenure ended 6 years ago and he failed WOEFULLY in terms power. The tenure of GEJ is still on and we'r watching to see if he'll succeed where his predecessors FAILED.

53 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by donphilopus: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
I reserve my comment for the now, i shall comment later.
But if he likes he should commission the Universe as a whole that doesn't affect me.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by oweniwe(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
agbameta:

wola44: OBJ start the project o
agbameta:

it is because of people like you. . That is why newly elected officials abandone projects started by their predecessors. . . That is why we hav so many uncompleted govt projects in this country. . If an elected official enters and sees uncompleted projects on ground, . He will start thinking. . "if i complete this project, people will say it my my predecessor that started it. . People will say i am taking the glory of another person. . Ok. . I will abandone the project"

We complain of poor power supply. . Goodluck did well by completing this project that'll boost power supply. . Instead of appreciating. . You're complaining. . . If Goodluck abandoned the projects like ya'adua did, you would complain. . He continued and completed the projects and you're still complaining . . Wat do you want sef. . The way some Nigerians think and reason. . I don't understand at all

48 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Agbameta.., And so what? Even if it was started by Lord Lugard, what difference does it make? Did OBJ not inherit uncompleted projects in 1999? Did OBJ not have 8 full years to do whatever he wanted to do? Did power improve while OBJ held sway for 8 years? OBJ tenure ended 6 years ago and he failed WOEFULLY in terms power. The tenure of GEJ is still on and we'r watching to see if he'll succeed where his predecessors FAILED.

OBJ failed, but he started the GEREGU series and commissioned GEREGU 1

OBJ failed, but he built, GEREGU, AFAM, OMOTOSHO, OLORUNSHOGO AND PAPALANTO power plants

OBJ failed, but he built the same Omotosho GEJ is commissioning.

How daft and ignorant can some of you be?

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
oweniwe: [s]it is because of people like you. . That is why newly elected officials abandone projects started by their predecessors. . . That is why we hav so many uncompleted govt projects in this country. . If an elected official enters and sees uncompleted projects on ground, . He will start thinking. . "if i complete this project, people will say it my my predecessor that started it. . People will say i am taking the glory of another person. . Ok. . I will abandone the project"

We complain of poor power supply. . Goodluck did well by completing this project that'll boost power supply. . Instead of appreciating. . You're complaining. . . If Goodluck abandoned the projects like ya'adua did, you would complain. . He continued and completed the projects and you're still complaining . . Wat do you want sef. . The way some Nigerians think and reason. . I don't understand at all [/s]

This is just meaningless gibberish...
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by awodman: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
When GEJ said we are going to increase our generation capacity to about 7000MW before Dec 2013 alot of people doubted..now all I can say is just relax and watch as he embarks on accelerated commissioning of this plants

8 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by tamunoibiso(f): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
awodman: When GEJ said we are going to increase our generation capacity to about 7000MW before Dec 2013 alot of people doubted..now all I can say is just relax and watch as he embarks on accelerated commissioning of this plants

Planned power plants to be commissioned soon b4 first quarter of next year are:

Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 112.5112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Omoku Power Station, Rivers State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Ikot Abasi Power Station, Akwa Ibom with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW) (replaced later by Ibom Power Station).

Alaoji Power Station, Abia State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 125 MW) and 2x steam 255 MW

Geregu II Power Station, Kogi State, with the capacity of 434 MW

Omotosho II Power Station, Ondo State, with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 (ISO 125 MW)

Olorunsogo II Power Station, Ogun State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 125 MW and 2 x steam 125 MW

I can't wait to see all these come to reality.

22 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by FrankC3: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
agbameta:

OBJ failed, but he built, GEREGU, AFAM, OMOTOSHO, OLORUNSHOGO AND PAPALANTO power plants

Lets go about it this way, what was Nigeria's power generating capacity on May 29, 1999 and the capacity on May 29, 2007? While you are at it, also tell us the average time it takes to procure, instal and commission a 500MW power plant. That will tell us a lot.

I respect OBJ as a President, I cannot say that he failed, I was among those that were against the report of Elumelu HoR panel because I feel that that committe does not have the capacity to appraise the performance a complex procurement contract like power plant. But to compare the success ot GEJ to that of OBJ specifically in power sector is to lie to oneself. GEJ is implementing a far more complex and methodical transformation of the electricity landscape of this country, not just building power plant or articulating legislation. OBJ does not just have the discipline to conduct a transparent privatization process without interferrence. GEJ has the discipline, can absorb knocks, so far he believes in what he is doing and is thoroughly self motivated unlike OBJ that is motivated by external events. You may not like GEJ's charisma or carriage but that guy is far more intelligent than a combination of the people calling him 'clueless'. He proves this by not even arguing his intellingence with you. He is a perfect listener, a fact based judgement maker and never impulsive. He has also proven that he know how to troubleshoot a complex issue, identify the problem, resolve it, recouple the system and move on without listening to the noise makers. He is also not intimidated by very intelligent people, that is a sign of super intelligence and maturity.

Finally, I will like to remind you and others that think like you that OBJ, Yar A'Dua and GEJ all belong to the biggest political party in Africa - The PDP. Power sector reform is a PDP policy. Late President Yar A'Adua only slowed down this PDP agenda after listening to people who think and talk like you, but GEJ has revived it. You may wish to note that work was ongoing in this plant and many others like it while you were busy calling GEJ all sorts of names, even while you were at Ojota carrying placard to ensure the entrenchment of the status quo in early 2012. Work there did not start today.

To fellow country men, transforming a country like Nigeria is not an easy task. Gaining the trust of everybody is even more difficult. Support GEJ to achieve his set targets. Support PDP to implement her program through men like GEJ.

57 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by theoctopus: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
agbameta:

How I wish you know how silly you appear when you make posts like these? How do you think the readers on the thread actually feel when they read stuff like these. It smacks of childish bitterness and pettiness. OBJ was a failure. There is a house of rep investigation that cataloged all his failures as far as power was concerned. Do you think your rants here can change that report? Well, thank you for one thing. The more you type stuff like these, the more you make the neutrals realize that you and your gang have been criticizing GEJ out of hatred all this while. You are actually doing a good job. Oshe! grin

23 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by fabulousstan(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
tamuno-ibiso:

Planned power plants to be commissioned soon b4 first quarter of next year are:

Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 112.5112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Omoku Power Station, Rivers State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Ikot Abasi Power Station, Akwa Ibom with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW) (replaced later by Ibom Power Station).

Alaoji Power Station, Abia State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 125 MW) and 2x steam 255 MW

Geregu II Power Station, Kogi State, with the capacity of 434 MW

Omotosho II Power Station, Ondo State, with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 (ISO 125 MW)

Olorunsogo II Power Station, Ogun State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 125 MW and 2 x steam 125 MW

I can't wait to see all these come to reality.

GEJ is really tackling the low generating capacity in our power sector and he also wants to bring down gas flaring capacity to the bearest minimum.
Nigeria is so proud to have an articulate President like GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
Frank-C:

I respect OBJ as a President, I cannot say that he failed,

The only meaningful comment from your post.

You are entitled to the rest of your post and love to praise your GEJ as long as the portion I quoted remains an acknowledgement on your part.

It's insane and ridiculous to say the man is a failure after initiating and building so many power plants including what your GEJ is commissioning.

Is it even possible to commission anything today without OBJ initiating and building these power plants?

Even the whole power sector reform was started by OBJ with the 2005 power reform act.

The silly need to praise your idol doesn't mean you have to engage in lies, deception, ignorance and intellectual fraud.

Praise your god if you must, but don't sweep truth and documented history under the rug.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

[s]How I wish you know how silly you appear when you make posts like these? How do you think the readers on the thread actually feel when they read stuff like these. It smacks of childish bitterness and pettiness. OBJ was a failure. There is a house of rep investigation that cataloged all his failures as far as power was concerned. Do you think your rants here can change that report? Well, thank you for one thing. The more you type stuff like these, the more you make the neutrals realize that you and your gang have been criticizing GEJ out of hatred all this while. You are actually doing a good job. Oshe! [/s]

Trolls don't make sense and you never did...
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
The COMPOUND FOOL avoided the questions raised in the first paragraph of the post by @Frank-C.

15 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The COMPOUND FOOL avoided the questions raised in the first paragraph of the post by @Frank-C.

That was actually a pointless question because you can not have it both ways. You can not call the man a failure after initiating and building all the federal power plants GEJ is commissioning today and at the same time praise GEJ for what OBJ initiated and built.

Without OBJ, no power plant for GEJ to commission, this is the hard facts you have to deal with and get into your fraudulent head.

Show us one 1MW plant GEJ initiated and built or STFU.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
agbameta:

That was actually a pointless question because you can not have it both ways. You can not call the man a failure after initiating and building all the federal power plants GEJ is commissioning today and at the same time praise GEJ for what OBJ initiated and built.

Without OBJ, no power plant for GEJ to commission, this is the hard facts you have to deal with and get into your fraudulent head.

Show us one 1MW plant GEJ initiated and built or STFU.

The COMPOUND FOOL avoided the questions raised in the first paragraph of the post by @Frank-C.

The questions are still staring you in the face and poking its fingers into your eyes. Give us answers.

20 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Tintinix: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
donphilopus: I reserve my comment for the now, i shall comment later.
But if he likes he should commission the Universe as a whole that does affect me.

Amen!!!
Let it be done to you according to your faith.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by donphilopus: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tintinix:

Amen!!!
Let it be done to you according to your faith.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
Indeed GEJ is working.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The questions are still staring you in the face and poking its fingers into your eyes. Give us answers.

I was actually expecting you to show us 1 single MW your master initiated and built, but you are either of course too lazy and incompetent to do that or your master is yet to dream up 1 or even incapable of such task hence you lying and praising your master for other people's hard work.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by tawa89(f): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
They don finish Agbameta/Eko ile for this thread. LMAO

16 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by adimsmt: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
agbameta:

How daft and ignorant can someofyou be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Corrected 2016 Budget From NASS / Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His 62nd Birthday / FG Budgets ₦2,178 For Each Citizen’s Healthcare In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.