Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Looking For My Father! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking For My Father! (2163 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Advice Me: My Father In Law’s Culture Demands I Sleep With Him Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2008
PLEASE HELP ME LOOK FOR MY FATHER, these were the words of a friend of mine, who after 24 years still does not know who his father is. we have been very close to each other for over 13 years and now he desperately needs to know his father even without proper information from his mother.
    I asked him for more information and he gave me the following details about his father’s origin-the little he knows about him: His father, according to his mother is from ABIRIBA in Abia state. The SURNAME is NNACHI… These are the only information he could get from his mother who, has not been in a good state to explain more to him,  I am permitted to give out only the information above, please do let me know if you know anything about the place or you have someone that is from there or knows about there. leave me a comment here, I will contact you when I get it You may also give a direction to the place named so one can go there personally to check it out personally.
   I see lots of people from the Eastern part of Nigeria here and I am sure this search can yield fruit. I feel this burden so much because he tells me this with so much pain in his heart and he always sounds depressed. Knowing fully well that God can make him re-unite with his father(maybe through this medium), I decided to post this here believing something good will come of it through my fellow nairalanders. Although this was posted in the confession area recently, it was deleted, probably that was not the right place for it. With your efforts to this, I strongly believe my friend can surely smile with gladness again after finding his father.
A BURDEN SHARED IS A BURDEN HALF SOLVED. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Looking For My Father! by Godalone(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2008
I sympatize with your friend but i am sorry the little information listed above is not sufficient enough to find his father.You only mention the name of the father and the place of origin,these are not enough to look for a person.Ask your friend if his mother has the photograph of his father and he needs more information, for him to get fruitful information about his father either dead or alive.Any way,i wish you the best in search.
Re: Looking For My Father! by ifyalways(f): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
Quite unfortunate  sad
Abiriba is a very big and Popular town in Abia state.Its going to be quite hectic but i think if you really want to help,you can get there.Get down to Aba or Umuahia,pick a car to Abiriba,ask for the "iGWE's" palace and explain your mission to him,with the help of the native town criers and words sent around in mkt places,you might eventually get him.
where did the woman(friends mother)  meet the man?
can she still recollect what he did for a living/what he was doing then?
don't thay have even a pic of the man?
The above info would be beneficial too.Igbos love children,they would be more than happy to help.oooops Goodluck too  cool
Please be well prepared ,you might have to spend a night or two,not a big deal anyway(there are modest hotels there),IF you really want to help  undecided
Re: Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
thanks a lot for your information, I will get back to him and peopbably gt the pictures if any.better still I will advice him to go through the direction you gave,
thank you so much,
Re: Looking For My Father! by LAKANYE(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
hey, what are you looking for under the table?
"I AM LOOKING FOR MY FATHER"
What do you know about your father?
MY MOTHER TOLD ME HE IS FROM ABRIBA
what else do you know about your father?
NOTHING
ok then, let's go to a place called NAIRALAND on the internet, there are lots of memebers from ABRIBA online
OK
I think one of them must be your father!
HMMN, I THINK SO TOO.
Why do you think so?
I THINK MOST OF THE MEN FROM THE EASTERN PARTS OF NIGERIA ON NAIRALAND ARE IRRESPONSIBLE, THEY SLEEP WITH WOMEN, GET THEM PREGNANT, AND RUN AWAY TO NAIRALAND KINGDOM.
Whao, if that statement is true, then, one of them must be your father.
YES, ONE OF THEM MUST BE MY FATHER I AM SURE.

WHAO, grin grin grin grin grin grin I NEVER KNEW THAT. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM
Re: Looking For My Father! by SeanT21(f): 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
why are nigerians always looking for their family. Dont U have any relatives to help you.
Re: Looking For My Father! by superman(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
ask samuel dole! liiberian goat, i think nigeria on its parts fancy Gorge waeh than your fake american cocky accent ha! i know you like the letter C in there! i there that too ha!
Re: Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2008
Re: Looking For My Father! by Mustay(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
uko

why didn't you put your pic on your profile?

it'll help ur search
Re: Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
the search is for a friend of mine, and not for me, anyways, thanks for that, I will try and see if I can get any picture from him
Re: Looking For My Father! by SeanT21(f): 2:39am On Jul 03, 2008
superman:

ask samuel dole! liiberian goat, i think nigeria on its parts fancy Gorge waeh than your fake american cocky accent ha! i know you like the letter C in there! i there that too ha!

DUDE!!WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? SERIOUSLY

ukoma:

@SeanT21
I wonder why you choose to make fun of this, it seems to me you don't have human feelings, I posted this here because I flt it would be easier to contact someone from there, the information given by Ifyalways is what I have to forward to y friend to begin his search and I see no reson why you choose to make a mockery of this,
, if anyone has more useful info, please write to me, I will get back to you.

how was i making fun of you? I ask a damn question.

I mean dont you have relatives who can tell you were your father is.

I dont know my real dad but i am not on here looking for him.

anyway, hope u find him.
Re: Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2008
SeanT21:

DUDE!!WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? SERIOUSLY

how was i making fun of you? I ask a damn question.

I mean don't you have relatives who can tell you were your father is.

I don't know my real dad but i am not on here looking for him.

anyway, hope u find him.

ok, may be you see my comment as annoying but I wrote that based on what you posted, anyway I didn't mean to make you angry but you have to make yourself clearer to others,
, I am not looking my father, rather for my friend's father, that you did not post information to look fo your father doesn't mean others should not, and on your own father, hope you will find him someday, take care and all the best.
Re: Looking For My Father! by CH3COO(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2008
This is one really funny thread grin grin grin.
Re: Looking For My Father! by origina9ja(f): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
abeg make una help now
dis na serious talk sad
Re: Looking For My Father! by lucabrasi(m): 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
dude,you dont need the whole of nland to comment before you know what to do,ill advice you to go with the first couple of sensible comments and ignore the stupid ones if you really are serious with your search,like someone said just a name in a place crawling with thousands or tens of thousands of ibo men is like looking for a proverbial needle in a haystack,here are the sensible ones ,
ifyalways:

Quite unfortunate sad
Abiriba is a very big and Popular town in Abia state.Its going to be quite hectic but i think if you really want to help,you can get there.Get down to Aba or Umuahia,pick a car to Abiriba,ask for the "iGWE's" palace and explain your mission to him,with the help of the native town criers and words sent around in mkt places,you might eventually get him.
where did the woman(friends mother) meet the man?
can she still recollect what he did for a living/what he was doing then?
don't thay have even a pic of the man?
The above info would be beneficial too.Igbos love children,they would be more than happy to help.oooops Goodluck too cool
Please be well prepared ,you might have to spend a night or two,not a big deal anyway(there are modest hotels there),IF you really want to help undecided
Godalone:

I sympatize with your friend but i am sorry the little information listed above is not sufficient enough to find his father.You only mention the name of the father and the place of origin,these are not enough to look for a person.Ask your friend if his mother has the photograph of his father and he needs more information, for him to get fruitful information about his father either dead or alive.Any way,i wish you the best in search.
origina9ja:

abeg make una help now
this na serious talk sad
you know how people are on here,old people in their 30s and 40s will magically turn to osuofia in london and baba suwes s because of the anonymity sad
Re: Looking For My Father! by skeebanj: 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
if u or ur so called friend cannot search for a good job then he is searching for the problems that has left him for long.
If your father is alive and cannot look for your mother then he is in a serious shit somewhere. I believe u're now the P.A to bill gate . good luck in your ultimate search!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Looking For My Father! by HCH3COO: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2008
liberian goat
SeanT21:

why are nigerians always looking for their family. Dont You have any relatives to help you.

superman to the rescue
superman:

ROFLMAO CLASSIC!
Re: Looking For My Father! by incey(f): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2008
Don't lose hope in finding your friend's father. I too am looking for my dad, but I think he doesn't want to be found. well anyway, there are a lot of members here are who r nice and maybe willing to help you out. Good luck! smiley
Re: Looking For My Father! by ukoma(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2008
I am grateful to you all for your positive responses so far, and for those who are looking for their families or loved ones, you surely will get to know and see them by God's grace.
Re: Looking For My Father! by HCH3COO: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2008
Amen! God will lead you to him.
Re: Looking For My Father! by mamaput(f): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2008
incey:

Don't lose hope in finding your friend's father. I too am looking for my dad, but I think he doesn't want to be found. well anyway, there are a lot of members here are who r nice and maybe willing to help you out. Good luck! smiley

so is emaka not your father again
or is emaka also looking for his grandfather
Re: Looking For My Father! by incey(f): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2008
so is emaka not your father again
or is emaka also looking for his grandfather

HUh?! What are you talking about? My dad's name isn't emeka. lol. wink grin
Re: Looking For My Father! by augustluv(f): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2008
i saw his dad in hell, very close to Mr Devil, roasting corn and pear, looking for customers
Re: Looking For My Father! by c33b33(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
When u get to ABRIBBA,u'll definitely b asked what clan, get those info b4 even seeing d IGWE.Gudluck!
Re: Looking For My Father! by platinumnk(f): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
LAKANYE~:

NOTHING
ok then, let's go to a place called NAIRALAND on the internet, there are lots of memebers from ABRIBA online
OK
HMMN, I THINK SO TOO.
Why do you think so?
I THINK MOST OF THE MEN FROM THE EASTERN PARTS OF NIGERIA ON NAIRALAND ARE IRRESPONSIBLE, THEY SLEEP WITH WOMEN, GET THEM PREGNANT, AND RUN AWAY TO NAIRALAND KINGDOM.

WHAO, grin grin grin grin grin grin I NEVER KNEW THAT. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM

Classic!!!!! I'm dyin of laughter!
Re: Looking For My Father! by biola44: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2009
LAKANYE~:

NOTHING
OK
HMMN, I THINK SO TOO.
Why do you think so?

laugh wan kill me!
grin
Re: Looking For My Father! by itstpia8: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2015
SeanT21:
why are nigerians always looking for their family. Dont U have any relatives to help you.

according to reports, there are 250,000 kids from Liberia who have Nigerian fathers. . . . . . . . . . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/483340/nigerian-soldiers-fathered-250000-kids

lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Wife Is 'doing It' / How Can I Make My Son Study Like His Siblings / Should A Baby Sleep Under A Ceiling Fan And On Cold Floor Ties?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.