Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price (33729 Views)

How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Amhappy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wonders they say shall never end.
A colleague of mine told me his story yesterday.
He dated this girl for 7yrs,starting from senior sec school. During his service year they had a serious quarrel and broke up. Both families were involved.Cause of quarrel, the lady's fam accused him of being the reason while their daughter was not serious in sch,he is already through with school and serving,She dropped out (was doing her HND). This guy walked away.

2yrs later girl reappeared and pleaded for them to start over again. He gave in since he still loves her and also got an affirmative from his mum. His mum loves this babe and wanted her as a Daughter in law

September last year(like 2months later) the girl visited him,said she got admission in a nursing sch and need like N200,000 for school fees,accommodation etc. My colleague just came back from offshore and is loaded,he spits it.

A month later he got a call that the lady's bride price has been paid. He calls her and she denies then suddenly out of reach. He call tire. He later got a lot of calls from his cousins at villa to confirm her traditional and wedding.

Months later the girl called and said she's sorry but needed the cash for her traditional marriage.

The guy wanted to ask for repay but didn't so as not to go against his mum's advice.

Personally i think he should collect his money back. What's ur take?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by tsidra(f): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lol... Your friend naa correct mumu. Anyway I pity him ooo. Make him try collect his money back. Lol
That girl strong ooooo

8 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by wasak(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
enough of this stories!!!! dat ur friend is a first class mugu.

6 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:02am On Oct 05, 2013
Anything built on lies and deceit will never stand!

She knew the guy still had soft spot for her, so she took advantage of that to exploit him.

Tell your colleague to forget the money; her act will speak against her in due time. It will hurt, yeah it will but he will the better for it.

I so pity the babe because the guy she married will be her karma!

111 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2013
ferhyntorlah: Anything built on lies and deceit will never stand!

She knew the guy still had soft spot for her, so she took advantage of that to exploit him.

Tell your colleague to forget the money; her act will speak against her in due time. It will hurt, yeah it will but he will the better for it.

I so pity the babe because the guy she married will be her karma!
lmao abeggiii forget all this sentiments jare.the guy should track her down,get her arrested for FRAUD and retreieve his money,expose her actions to her colleagues and boss at office so that they will know they are working with a dubious character that can flee with their money at anytime,make her family apologize to your parents.infact he should bring her down to zero.i mean what kind of irrational wickedness is that.

I hear guys say its ladies past action that makes them mean to ladies,if this guy eventually gets another girl,wont he treat her with suspicion and be reluctant to give her things when she asks because of one slimy,calculating thief.hiaaaannnn!

The immediate gratification some ladies want will not make them think properly about the implication of their actions on their tomorrow.smh

54 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by thorpido(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2013
^^^well said Kulyie.He shouldn't let her get away with it.

Sometimes i see guys being so mean with ladies and it upsets me but when i see the way some ladies act nowadays i don't even know what to feel anymore.

4 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2013
Choi cheesy

Na wao for uzo waya. My warri peeps go call am kpomo settlement . . .for the years before. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2013
Wow! This woman is nothing but a thief and a scammer, she deserves jail time.

2 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Amhappy(f): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
@thorpido true talk. As a lady i couldnt even blame the guy for believing the girl. It just a pity he was scammed blc he have a good heart.

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by greatgod2012(f): 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
I do not and will never support what the lady did to the guy, infact, its very bad and should not be encouraged at all.

However, i want to look at it from another angle. I see some "what ifs" in this relationship.

What if it was the guy who first scammed this lady in one way or the other before, i meant before their first separation and the lady has been looking for a way to revenge?

What if it was the guy who first broke this lady's heart in a very hard way and the lady thinks this is the best way for her to pay him back in his coin?
Many what ifs...............

Since we are not able to hear from the lady's mouth her reason for her action and also we dont know what really transpired between the two of them, i think its better to tread carefully when judging the lady.

Once again, i do not support her action, but its only God who sees what is hidden.

May God help us all.

23 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Tinkybabe(f): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
kulyie: lmao abeggiii forget all this sentiments jare[b].the guy should track her down,get her arrested for FRAUD[/b]
And what evidence would he give?
He should forget the money-cause initially he gave the money for her personal gain and never had the intention of getting it back.

@,your 'what ifs' are valid and could be the case but like you said,it's still very terrible of her.

4 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by djeezy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
That lady is a fraudster and an action can succeed against the lady for fraud. However if the guy is loaded, he should perhaps let go and consider the cash as a settlement.

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by texazzpete(m): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
greatgod2012: I do not and will never support what the lady did to the guy, infact, its very bad and should not be encouraged at all.

However, i want to look at it from another angle. I see some "what ifs" in this relationship.

What if it was the guy who first scammed this lady in one way or the other before, i meant before their first separation and the lady has been looking for a way to revenge?

What if it was the guy who first broke this lady's heart in a very hard way and the lady thinks this is the best way for her to pay him back in his coin?
Many what ifs...............

Since we are not able to hear from the lady's mouth her reason for her action and also we dont know what really transpired between the two of them, i think its better to tread carefully when judging the lady.

Once again, i do not support her action, but its only God who sees what is hidden.

May God help us all.

stop trying to find a rationale for fraud.

8 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
[/b]****singing*** This is super story, a life of trails and sorrows****[b] cool

Sorry for your loss next time bro, you be correct mugun + mumu + maga grin
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Jensenelizz(m): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Booked

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Mathematical(f): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
javascript:void(0);first grade theft/...lol...local maye....the guy as bn casted...abeg make una gmme e num.my try mai luck
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by HectorTroy: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
The answer is simple- We kill the woman.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Haywhymido(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mayb it is payback tym, if nt d gal shd b ready 4 karma dat am 100% sure.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Ocutegan(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
***now playing*** maga don pay shout halleluyah oh oh oh
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
What! This silly shameless girls has succeeded in bringing out the badt guy in ur friend. I pity his next girlfriend.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by AkinDavid2: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
just passing
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - BY

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
forget the money like your mum adviced you.

when police hears you two were formerly boyfriend and girlfriend, they will settle the matter in the ladies favour, ''moreover you be oil worker..''

that's the street mentality.

there is nothing to whine for....

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Aderemi275(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
I make it!!!!!
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by naijaobi(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
this story looks fake, but if its true then it means it happened to u@OP... Stop claiming it happened to a colleague..

3 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
HectorTroy: The answer is simple- We kill the woman.

and such ladies don't know there are men like this who kill to get even...

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Rogo: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Forget about her, she's not ur wife. Whatever happened btw u and her may likely happen again.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by israel007: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lady has cursed herself already. Would know no peace.

BTW, a man who can't afford to pay ur bride price and you have to go and borrow to give him to come marry is just not right. Hope he can feed her.

I'd say: leave the money for her!!!

12 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
shocked shocked :oWonders shall never cease to happen. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by lifestyle1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
After God, I fear women...

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Pelummy(f): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

anything can happen between boyfriend and girlfriend

let your guy ride on , she cant come back for such again.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by WildChild00(m): 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tell that your friend say, he done enter one chance, next time make him dey use warri sense levels for those babes ciao.

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
The mugu guy shld make sure he collects all his money nd afta den, he shld wreck d gurls career by lettin d whole world know d kind of dubious person d gurl is.........*clears throat*...Licking Tom Tomgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things A Female Should Never Do For Love / What My Brother Is Doing To Me. Is It Fair? Please Advise / Anja Ringgren-Loven Helps More Nigerian Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.