Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) (30557 Views)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / Banker Crushed To Death By BRT Bus / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by gerald09(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
I will keep saying this Nigerian poor people enjoy suffer head, u sit down an watch dem treat u like animals some1 will blame GEJ for over loading the bus, u have 53 people in dat bus all grumbling and no single 1 will stand up for there ryt to a comfortable ride, the bus was meant to carry passengers not goods. Dis is exactly the kind of thing that shows Nigerians are not ready to embrace change

3 Likes

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by oladapoa1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
and so? Jets aint made for caskets either... Everything is to aid movement
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by oladapoa1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
gerald09: I will keep saying this Nigerian poor people enjoy suffer head, u sit down an watch dem treat u like animals some1 will blame GEJ for over loading the bus, u have 53 people in dat bus all grumbling and no single 1 will stand up for there ryt to a comfortable ride, the bus was meant to carry passengers not goods. Dis is exactly the kind of thing that shows Nigerians are not ready to embrace change
change? To ghana or what? Else u don't knw idumota... U can't station a bus there to carry just passengers.

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Arysexy(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Godson201333(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
why that woman come open mouth like that?
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by prodam(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
We are the cause of our predicament, from small to bigger ones. The government performed its function, its now incumbent upon the people to make good use of the facilities and report any irregularities to the authority. Well, this is one of the many challenges in managing a city like lagos especially in times of transformation like this from a mere city to a mega city which the present administration is handling.

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by paroh137(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
See my problem with you guys over at LAG, they impose things and discomfort you guys but you just go with the flow.
That's why I like north for some things, evreybody will just drop and leave the car for the driver.
Worse that can happen, you waist some few minutes to get another.

Make una know ur rights and voice it out!
Ur waist, ur waist, all they want is ur waist.
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by IdeaIsNeed: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
homesteady: Doesn't that woman know that her gown is too short? She's now showing everybody her laps!
*laps* lol
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by leofab(f): 12:31am On Oct 05, 2013
smithjanetstore: I know dis man na igbo look at face like ohaneze ndigbo,

Hey lagos na wha oooo look at the so called giant of africa the
BRT does nt even baffles see plane with overload oga oo, na thunder go
fire this our governmnet for treating us like slaves
must you drag government into every negativity in Nigeria? Na government over pack that plane abi na govt. Load that brt ni?... Lets be disciplined for once.

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by bebechuks: 4:57am On Oct 05, 2013
contactmorak: The photos taken at Idumota area of Lagos portrays how officials of the Bus Rapid Transport(BRT) normally load the buses with goods together with passengers from Idumota.

We were also told that the officials often collect tickets for the loads which they will resell later and keep the money to themselves.

Wow! Five years after, and this is what the BRT has turned into, isn't it supposed to be a modern and luxurious form of commercial transport system like you'd find in other developed part of the world?

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1342190_IMG-20131001-00268_jpgfa1ca3c5fd1ff23e44d10a210f724f92[/img]

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1342191_IMG-20131001-00269_jpg9e448598220a4aa073fccd2099c111c2[/img]

SOURCE: www.splendormag.com/2013/10/shame-inside-brt-buspics.html?m=1
y u dey talk like dis. Lag na lag, no mansland,anything u see,just dance to it. Abi r u just returning from d states?
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by buskie13(m): 5:27am On Oct 05, 2013
I thought de oda woman was placing her hand into her skirt b4.its too short
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by amir99(m): 5:38am On Oct 05, 2013
Codedeben: Though kinda so inhumane to pack passengers alongside luggages like this, but i can tell y'all haven't traveled long distance on naija road before, esp Lagos to North or east using normal small buses (hummer bus or those old ones). The worst ever experienced in my life was LAGOS - MINNA (Niger State). its just a custom, as in its like a norm (cos u have traders who come to lag to buy things almost everyday) , you cant escape it - most especially their state transport-owned buses called NSTA. They fill every little spaces in the bus with "kaya" , even relaxing your leg would be extremely difficult. Imagine for a minimum of 10-hour journey!!!!
God go save us for naija.
And from minna to laGos, the buses are usually filled with yam. I dunno if its a curse, everybody who visits minna takes yam home as a trophy
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by binary007: 5:53am On Oct 05, 2013
is this da Same mega bus so pathetic...
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by anonimi: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2013
speedyboi: Part of the reasons I hate Nigerians! They will abuse anything!

"THEY" because you are not a Nigerian

If Fashola didn't give you BRT now.....People will be shouting 'Nigeria Government is this and that', 'People don't use Molue in "advanced" countries' etc....Now them give you world standard BRT, your dumb brains still no fit handle am ...You turn am to Molue. Mcheew..Na una sabi jare!

You seem not to understand civic education 101.
Fashola did not give anyone any BRT. He is simply doing his job as ELECTED governor of Lagos STATE to the residents. May I remind you that he is paid very well to do that job
Is that how you "give" your employers service for which you are paid each month? Or maybe if you are a business man, is that how your workers feel they are giving you service and you still pay them salaries?

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by abbeymighty(m): 7:44am On Oct 05, 2013
dont black mail this drivers they dont collect money frm these people, what they do is they make them to buy ticket for there loads. also most of these people are ibo guys that buys mrket in lagos island to sell in their various location
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2013
oladapo_a1: change? To ghana or what? Else u don't knw idumota... U can't station a bus there to carry just passengers.
See this man stop propagating ignorance on this thread. Just tell us u don't have an analytical mind. It is WRONG for BRT buses to load goods on the passages. Even in cargo planes, are the casket or cargo loaded on the passages? Besides since the BRT bus has no trunk then I can confidently say it was designed for passengers alone. Perhaps the people who run the BRT should get a cargo version to ply these routes.
PS: To the people who put Air-conditioners etc on their verandah turn a 120mm cantilever slab to a slab used to carry heavy duty equipment, I'm a structural engineer and I don't pity u (I see it happening a lot in lagos).

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by anonimi: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2013
abbeymighty: dont black mail this drivers they dont collect money frm these people, what they do is they make them to buy ticket for there loads. also most of these people are ibo guys that buys mrket in lagos island to sell in their various location

Are you for real?
How can you be so blind by your useless TRIBALISM to not see that only women were in the BRT bus

I hope the MODs will sanction you appropriately!
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2013
abbeymighty: dont black mail this drivers they dont collect money frm these people, what they do is they make them to buy ticket for there loads. also most of these people are ibo guys that buys mrket in lagos island to sell in their various location
Is that wat the brt has turned into nw? Buying ticket for load? One day I'll pull my salah ram into that bus and buy a ticket for it too. Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by dbride: 8:18am On Oct 05, 2013
bammo: Na wa 4 naija. Well how much do they receive as sallary

Then the driver should look elsewhere for more pay and give the opportunity to another happy willing law abiding driver who has been wishing and praying to drive a BRT bus. Not all Nigerians are greedy!

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by dasparrow: 8:18am On Oct 05, 2013
@Post

Na wa!

Nigeria: Suffering and smiling. Hmmmmmm.
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by obailala(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2013
abbeymighty: dont black mail this drivers [size=13pt]they dont collect money frm these people[/size], what they do is [size=13pt]they make them to buy ticket for there loads[/size]. also most of these people are ibo guys that buys mrket in lagos island to sell in their various location

Just wondering, "do they buy the load ticket with leaves and not money?".... I'm trying hard to understand the difference between these 2 scenarios... Abi you be BRT driver or freelance agbero?? grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by alanuku: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2013
Omo That Guy Must release Him Charger Cus Na that One sure Pass , Olodo Like Am ,nA Las Vegas Him Suppose they , Make Dem finish all him money for gamble
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Dannylux: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Lol why would anyone sound surprised? you're in Naija grin
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
anonimi:

"THEY" because you are not a Nigerian
No I'm not! Technically!

anonimi: You seem not to understand civic education 101.
Fashola did not give anyone any BRT. He is simply doing his job as ELECTED governor of Lagos STATE to the residents. May I remind you that he is paid very well to do that job
Is that how you "give" your employers service for which you are paid each month? Or maybe if you are a business man, is that how your workers feel they are giving you service and you still pay them salaries?
You didn't get the point! So no need to explain jack! He did is job, you turn am to molue....It's as good as just sticking to the former molue instead of wasting money. Nigerians don't want change and that's it! All they know how to do is Shouting and claiming 'Rights'
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by smithjanetstore: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
yadanu joor see discpline kor discipline nii, i know u are into polictics nd u ll always surpport this trash "ODE"
Re: Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) by sawme: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wait oh no b d people inside d bus get d load how e affect us nah tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Graduate Driving Keke-napep In Kano / How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.