Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations (13714 Views)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
THE SAVIOUR II : THE SALVATION OPERATIONS

This story belongs to the writer whose nom de plume is VanTee20. No part of this story may be reproduced or photocopied in any form or by any means, without the written permission of the author. For information regarding permission or any enquiry, you can send a mail to Tunmiseonifade654@gmail.com.

Dedicated to my fans. You guys are my muse. Na God go bless una for me.

For those who didn't get to read the Prequel, here is the link => www.nairaland.com/1204532/saviour-adventures-athanasius

PROLOGUE

GrimsstaĆ°ir, North Eastern Iceland; October 5th, 2015. 19:24 GT

Five tough looking, heavily armed, Caucasian men sat in a crude circle around a burning log of wood in a small cave, in a desperate attempt to shake off the bitingly cold winter chill of that evening.

GrimsstaĆ°ir was, in truth, a quite unpleasant place to be in the winter. The temperature there was the coldest in the whole of Iceland and a not inconsiderable part of the Scandinavia.

The armed men were actually military officers, members of a special squad in the US army codenamed the R9 unit.

'I still can't believe we are out here freezing to death because of a goddamned UFO spotted by only half a dozen paranoid people,' Sergeant Brad Sawyer, one of the men, said angrily.

'I don't understand what you are griping about,' said Captain Kyle Ciaran, who was sitting athwart the bulky Sergeant. 'You should be grateful that you are not one of those out there doing the search for tonight. At least a little warmth is coming your way.'

'You'd better get your arse accustomed to this place because we are going to remain here until we are sure that the "goddamned UFO" is not a alien spacecraft or any other dangerous thing,' advised Sergeant Kirk Dylan.

'Nope. That's not true,' Lieutenant Gavin Finch, the leader of the search party, put in softly.

'What's not true?' asked Sgt. Dylan.

'What you said of course,' Lieutenant Finch replied in his characteristic soft voice. 'We are returning to base tomorrow morning,' he informed after a brief pause.

'Really?' asked Dylan. 'I thought the commander said ...'

'I know what the Commander said,' Lt. Finch cut him short. 'I got a call from base not long ago. We are to return tomorrow morning, if by midnight we haven't found anything. I believe they are planning to send a RSP to take over the mission.'

A smile spread across Sergeant Sawyer's round face. 'That's good news. Very good news.'

'Why Sawyer? If I didn't know better, I'd swear you are scared of this UFO search business,' Lt. Finch chided, as he stroked his two days old beard gently.

Sergeant Sawyer shrugged. 'More like tired. You know sir, I don't see any sense in sending humans on a mission that is easier for robots to accomplish. For all we know, this UFO might even be a harmless object. Say a Kite or something.'

'Kite?' Lt. Finch repeated in a tone that suggested incredulity. 'Now that impossible. Our modified binoculars would ID'd it if it were . . .'

Finch couldn't complete his statement because of a loud terrible sound that emanated from outside the cave.

'What's that?' queried Private Aaron Cameron, who had been busy sharpening his dagger all the while.

'Oh! You don't know? That's the sound of the last trumpet,' Sgt. Dylan replied sarcastically.

Before Cameron or anyone else could come up with a reply to Dylan's snide remark, a dark figure rushed into the cave and collided with Sgt. Sawyer who was already making for the cave entrance to check what was amiss outside.

The officer stumbled backwards and fell on the burning log of wood, thereby extinguishing the only source of heat and light in the tiny cave.

An unsurprising bedlam ensued as the men cursed heavily and groped around for their weapons in the darkness.

'Dammit,' the silver haired Lieutenant swore. 'Laser beams! Activate your laser beams!' He howled at his men.

The next moment saw the unknown intruder's face illuminated by four strong white beams.

A moment of surprise followed closely as the officers recognised the brown haired, thin lipped man as one of their own. He was one of the four members of their squad doing the field search for the UFO for that evening.

'Stevens. Why the hell did you rush in like a mad man?' Finch demanded angrily. His flushed face gave away his fury.

Stevens opened his mouth as if to speak, but he instead began to bawl like a kid whose lunch money has been pilfered . . .

1 Like

Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wow, the second series has started. Yeah, i saw this first, so am first to comment. Let me go and read.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Damex333: Wow, the second series has started. Yeah, i saw this first, so am first to comment. Let me go and read.

Welcome on board again my brother.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
VanTee20:

Welcome on board my brother.
ride on, my brother from another mother.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'll post the concluding part of the prologue about this time tomorrow. Thanks all.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by faithgokz(f): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ride on dear, right behind you!
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
faithgokz: Ride on dear, right behind you!

Thanks sweerie smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Neduzze5(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
following once more... Vantee, u no act for this one?
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 05, 2013
Na with load i enter here.....i vex enter because nobody tell me say my ogas don dey ground....
Anyways i hold,my stove,pots,matches,three keg,one Apoti-stool-,maggi,salt,bag of garri,bag of rice,bag of beans, sack of yam....e.t.c.....

Because na here be my home till u finish ooooo
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by An0nimus: 6:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Divepen: Na with load i enter here.....i vex enter because nobody tell me say my ogas don dey ground....
Anyways i hold,my stove,pots,matches,three keg,one Apoti-stool-,maggi,salt,bag of garri,bag of rice,bag of beans, sack of yam....e.t.c.....

lol funny guy.

@Van The suspense is building already. I trust you won't disappoint.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by faithgokz(f): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2013
YEA! Divepen will be our chef. Front seat occupied!
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Did you bring plate...
Since i have not gone to the market we will be eating Rice and Okro soup this mornn
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Neduzze5: following once more... Vantee, u no act for this one?

No worry. Just dey watch film smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2013
Divepen: Na with load i enter here.....i vex enter because nobody tell me say my ogas don dey ground....

Whaaaaat? shocked shocked. Where d'you expect other peeps to sit when your things has already filled the whole galleria? :p :p

Just kidding Oga Divepen. Welcome on board ... smiley
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2013
An0nimus:
lol funny guy.

@Van The suspense is building already. I trust you won't disappoint.

Thank you sir...
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by faithgokz(f): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Divepen: Did you bring plate...
Since i have not gone to the market we will be eating Rice and Okro soup this mornn
ewwww! du u want me to vomit ni
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
faithgokz: ewwww! du u want me to vomit ni
sorry...if you do not like okro just useewedu
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Tovot: 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vantee20 so you couldnt inform me that you've started another story?Nice story by the way!
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Madawaki01(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2013
Ayam here ooo,...
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
PROLOGUE (Contd.)

The men exchanged glances of amazement. This man crying his eyes out before them had always been known as a tough and steely fellow since the day he joined the force. What could have transformed him to a
weakling so quickly?

Captain Ciaran knelt beside Stevens and gave him a gentle pat on the back.

'Calm down Private. Where are the other men?' Ciaran asked gently.

Stevens sniffed back tears. 'They . . . They are dead.'

'You mean Masters and the two others are dead?' Lt. Finch roared, losing his cool totally. 'How? What happened?'

Private Stevens stared straight ahead of him with teary eyes. He just couldn't bring himself to describe the gory death of his colleagues in the hands of the strange creature to the Lieutenant.

Lt. Finch moved closer to Pvt. Stevens and pulled him up roughly by his sweat soaked vest.

'Tell me what happened Private. That's a direct order.'

'I . . . We were . . . ,' Private Stevens stopped his ramblings altogether when he saw a huge figure at the entrance of the cave. The figure possesed the same features as the creature that killed Lance Corporal Masters and his two other colleagues not long ago.

'That's him!' he screamed as if his life depended on it. Well maybe it did.

The other members of the R9 unit turned in time to see a big, seven feet plus tall, creature with a frog like face and a puffy chest with scales all over its body, blocking the cave entrance.

'Holy Mary!' Sergeant Dylan gasped.

'Shut the fvck up Dylan,' Lt. Finch snapped. 'Open fire! Everybody open fire!' he screamed his orders as if he wanted his voice to be heard in a faraway continent.

The response was instantaneous, the six R9 unit members immediately took aim and began to fire at the alien creature before them.

The awe inspiring creature did nothing during the shooting other than flashing its tiny, reptilian teeth at its adversaries. The bullets fired at it were simply ricocheting off its scaly body.

'Cease fire,' Lt. Finch ordered his men when it became crystal clear that their weapons were completely useless against their enemy.

The Alien laughed, a terrible laugh that sounded like a croak. 'Why stop? Why stop shoot? Bullet finish?'

Finch wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt. 'Who are you?'

'Combat Goblin. From underworld,' the monster replied.

'What do you want?' Lt. Finch inquired further.

'What want? Hypnotize strongest mind and eliminate rest,' came the goblin's reply.

'Hypnotize?' the Lieutenant echoed in shock. 'Why?'

The goblin checked an odd kind of wristwatch under his sleeve and shook his head slowly. 'No time for trivialties.'

With that, he drew a strange looking rifle from the holster on his hip and fired at the R9 unit men. Just once.

'Sh'i't. It's a fu'c'king ray gun. Take cover! Behind the rocks!' Lt. Finch yelled at his men.

The men quickly retreated to hide behind the various small rocks in the cave. It didn't help them though, as the single bullet struck them all, excepting Lieutenant Finch alone.

The goblin walked over to where the shell-shocked Lieutenant hid, and slipped something behind his ears.

'What's that?' Finch managed to ask.

'Translator. To spare you the headache of trying to decipher my goblin accent everytime,' the fear inspiring goblin spoke flawless English for the first time since the encounter began. It's the translator at work of course.

'You have the strongest mind, that's why you were spared,' he continued after a brief pause.

'What now?'

'You will come with me to the underworld. The Commander wants to see you,' the goblin informed him with a evil smile on his lips.

'No way,' Lt. Finch protested, albeit weakly.

The smile on the goblin's face widened into a wolfish grin. 'I'm afraid you don't have a choice Lieutenant. We, goblins, have been preparing for this day for months. Nothing can stop us from executing this plan.'

That said, the goblin produced a small needle like device called the stunner from his hip pocket. He then plunged it in Finch's neck.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
'Nooooooo,' the Lieutenant screamed as he felt a strong wave of current sweep away every ounce of energy. He fell to the rock littered floor of the cave unconscious.

The goblin allowed himself a grin of satisfaction. He felt happy that the guinea pig for the goblins' destructive experiment had been successfuly captured. Very soon, the human race will be wiped off the surface of the earth and the people of the underworld will take over the control of the world . . .

1 Like

Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
That's the end of the prologue. The first episode of the series will be posted on tuesday. Thanks for reading. smiley
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by faithgokz(f): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
wow! 1st to comment. .9ce prologue..
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tovot: Vantee20 so you couldnt inform me that you've started another story?Nice story by the way!

I'm sorry ma. No vex abeg smiley
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Madawaki01: Ayam here ooo,...

I see you my brother. It's nice to have you here smiley
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
faithgokz: wow! 1st to comment. .9ce prologue..

Thanks cheesy
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yeahhhhh!!! Water...i did not even kno i was shoutin ....*cough*
eflibody dont vex...i wl not dd dat awgain
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by Madawaki01(m): 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Who wil be d world saver now?kip it comin van
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Divepen: Yeahhhhh!!! Water...i did not even kno i was shoutin ....*cough*
eflibody dont vex...i wl not dd dat awgain

Lol. Take it easy sir.
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Madawaki01: Who wil be d world saver now?kip it comin van

Thanks bro
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by FoxyFlow(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Officially following angry
Re: The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations by VanTee20(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Foxy_Flow: Officially following angry

Thank you sir sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? / How Water Get Into A Coconut Fruit / Blogs Of Famous Nigerian Writers/Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.