Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America (80118 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by silbert(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
is it possible that I will be granted a visa either visitor or student visa as I intend to apply for my master in engineering or IT cos I hold a bsc in comm tech and HND in Electrical/Electronic engineering and can my newly wedded wife come along with me if yes like how much should I be looking at? thou I have a start up company that I have worked so hard for the past 6yrs to put in place which I want to use as the sponsor. what are my chances if she get pregnant and the child become citizen ? her sister and family just moved in for 2yrs now
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by rimijoshua(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
fernandoc:
Thanks Babysosisi this is much better than the gloomy picture that boy painted. I just graduated from ABSU with a 2.1 in Mathematics and will be in th US soon. Thanks a lot
. I also finished with a 2 1 in mathematics..I would like u to advice me on cheap schools that doesn't accept gmat at masters level or wat travelling package are u going with.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by fernandoc(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
rimijoshua:
. I also finished with a 2 1 in mathematics..I would like u to advice me on cheap schools that doesn't accept gmat at masters level or wat travelling package are u going with.

Changed my mind from US to Canada. Whatsapp if u are interested in knowing. 07065195111
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by okgerald(m): 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
OP please I need advice. My fiance is an American citizen. She earns about 60k. She has finalized our k1 visa process. All I need to do is go to the embassy and face the interview. I am scared of starting a new life in America.

It's like I will be starting all over again. For someone like me what can I do immediately I get there so as to make it big so I can be able to support my family once the kids starts rolling in.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Gab27: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by meetmal03(f): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
If you have dollar and want naira in your account, I will buy at N430/$.
Mode of operation is secure and we have a BDC physical presence in Nigeria.

Contact me on 08104323941 0r whatsapp +447423097893
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by oguguo11: 6:20am On May 23, 2017
Please what university is it because I got admission at Murray state university for occupational health safety and with prerequisite for the course. I already have some certification in HSE . I want to get into nursing

Ohio is good.
Be warned,the snow in Ohio can be brutal in the winter time.
There is a size-able Naija community in Cleveland,Akron and Columbus
If you are Christian,there are some good Pentecostal churches in those areas too
As a citizen,she can get school loans easily even without a credit history
Obtaining an SS card is easy
You can come on a fiancé visa and once you marry and the papers are filed,you get a work permit and a temporary green card a few months later.
She can study for an associate degree in nursing instead of the BSN ( bachelors in nursing)but if she already has a degree from Naija she should explore other options.
There are some universities with nursing schools that allow people with a science degree to do a master's degree in nursing after some pre requisites ( which can be obtained at a community college).
After those requisites and you manage to secure an admission,you get an MSN ( masters in nursing) and then can take the nursing boards.

I know a young girl who studied Psychology and is on a path to do that
She finished the prerequisite courses in a community college ( took a year) and this fall started her masters in nursing which will take 18 months and she will become a nurse with masters degree.

Check out the universities and community colleges in the town in Ohio that you plan to move to
When she arrives,she can call and make an appointment to see the admission officers to ask for their admission requirements
Ask for any alternate paths or concessions for someone with a foreign degree
Sometimes the information may not be given if you don't ask for specifics.
thanks for your answer. I have a bachelor's in chemical engineering and got admission to do post baccalaureate in occupational safety and health but noticed that the courses for the post baccalaureate is almost to that of nursing. So what do u advice
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Everest1989(m): 12:53pm On May 23, 2017
wonderful old thread...Please as an immigrant, who wants to go for masters of criminology and security, is there any hope for me in the employment field in the us?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2017
Everest1989:
wonderful old thread...Please as an immigrant, who wants to go for masters of criminology and security, is there any hope for me in the employment field in the us?
Why not? As long as you don't have anything to hide.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Everest1989(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

lol thanks man. The reason I asked was someone told me to go for IT SECURITY instead of degree in criminology. Do you advise I start the criminology course afresh or continue with the masters?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by salemdv(m): 2:59pm On May 28, 2017
I'm a fresh biochemistry graduate. I would love to do my masters in medical laboratory or do some prerequisite courses for MSc nursing. Your what are my chances of getting admitted into schools around Virginia, because that's where my US contact his. Your advice will be appreciated on how to go about things
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by oguguo11: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
thanks for your answer. I have a bachelor's in chemical engineering and got admission to do post baccalaureate in occupational safety and health but noticed that the courses for the post baccalaureate is almost to that of nursing. So what do u advice
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Rousel(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Afam4eva:

pls can you help guide on ways to get a Post Graduate admission in IT USA.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by floraine: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Good day,

I got admission for MBA in the US in Texas

May I confirm, how possible is it to switch to nursing as my BS.C is in business

And if it is possible to switch, what's the procedure

Your reply will be greatly appreciated

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by LanrayMasters: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2017
@floraine,please what school in Texas did u get admission,I am also looking at getting my MBA in Texas too,I would not mind getting help from you with regards to the procedures
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Shanid(m): 8:00am On Apr 03, 2018

Physical therapy assistant is a good way to start but you must aim to be a physical therapist
With a first degree already,I advise you try to get in for physical therapy directly unless you want to work as a PT assistant while studying to be a PT.
To cut cost start with a community college and knock off some of the courses there then get in for PT.
what about occupational therapy ,seems physical therapy requires bad in that field while occupational therapy does not...is there hope for occupational therapist in terms of jobs and good pay.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
This is an answer to the other person trying to scare folks and paint pictures of America being an impossible place full of of ghettos
Don't let Nigerians who have no plans deceive you
Ask any questions and yours truly will give you an honest answer just like it is
I have lived half my life outside of Nigeria and mostly in America and [b]a proud Nigerian too [/b]so I should know what I'm Saying
Oya fire on.
Always on the post for positive vibe. Keep it up dear. God bless
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ken1982: 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hi...I have nebosh in occupational health and safety and I work as a safety officer in UAE Dubai. Please what kind of chances to I have as a safety officer in North Dakota USA
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Shanid(m): 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
ken1982:
Hi...I have nebosh in occupational health and safety and I work as a safety officer in UAE Dubai. Please what kind of chances to I have as a safety officer in North Dakota USA
hi I'm about to go for my graduate programme in occupational therapy...i studied child development and family studies for undergraduate.pls how is is like to be an occupational therapist ?
What about employability?..
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ken1982: 2:04am On Apr 12, 2018
Shanid:
hi I'm about to go for my graduate programme in occupational therapy...i studied child development and family studies for undergraduate.pls how is is like to be an occupational therapist ?
What about employability?..
I'm not a therapist...I'm a safety officer . They are different I believe
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Simcha: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello House! I hail o!

My American fiancée, we met online not too long ago, but we got real and true love for each other. She is coming to visit me in Nigeria soon with her mom and relatives ane they will be staying for weeks or month. So we can all get to know each other and know my family too. What are the things we should do during their visit? Should we do engagement ceremony( my friends want to wear aso ebi grin ) How do I gather proofs that our relationship is genuine? Any ideas on topics to discuss on our first date? Tips, tips, tips and tips, I need so as not to flop, I never date Yankee girl before o(ayam a village boy with a big head grin ) Shey make I give her belle before she go back?(Lol just kidding)
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by vhuqnl(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Celepope:
Thanks very much for your candid advice I may give Occupational therapy or Physical therapy assistant a second thought.I actually wanted what I will study and work for some years then come back to Nigeria to join politics.My choice to study Communication is actually because I would love to make a mark there before venturing into politics as a technocrat with experience.
how far now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.