Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned (4986 Views)

Moments With Mo And Inside Out With Agatha: Which Is More Educative? / What do you think of Moments With Mo? / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by upchair(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2008
Hello NairaLanders,

I want to ask if any of you  watches the TV talk show ( Moments with Mo) on DSTV and NTA. It is a very nice talk show that meets international standards.

However I have noticed a Negative about the show: Any time The word GOD is mentioned on the show, it is cut off or erased. This is so sad.  I have noticed it not once, not twice.  If you have not noticed, look out for it from now on.

Even When Mo herself mentions GOD it is edited/erased.

I wonder why this is so and why?  It is very Sad and I wonder what they hope to achieve by doing that.

The only answer that makes sense to me is that those behind it must be atheists.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by cescky(m): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2008
hw do you know this,were you at the shooting or studio with them?
watched the last one, and this psycologist lady mentioned something about prayer etc
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by upchair(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2008
@ cesky

I just finished watching another episode about an hour ago on Africa magic. I noticed it 5 times in the company of my friends we noticed it together.

And the bone of contention is the word GOD and not prayer.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by cescky(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2008
it might be difficult knowing what was edited since u dint see the original version, or may be not though,but is she an aesthist? or sumthin,or what do you think shes tryint to prove?
my guess is that shes a muslim since her names mo abdu.well if she nor fear God na she sabi
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by Reptyle(m): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2008
Oh puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!!!!! Its not a problem with Mo's programme but from dstv. They do d same thing with movies they show on africa magic. They always blank out the word "God" as they do with swear words. Don't know why though.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by malone5923(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2008
Is not only on mo that God is being filterd but now in music video,movies in fact everthing even the latest Asa track is filtered.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by Mustay(m): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2008
malone

what track of Asa?
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by malone5923(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2008
malone

what track of Asa?
The fire on the mountain track.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by KikiDixy(f): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2008
Its DSTV, any broadcasts bleep out the word god, as well as swear words, etc, They want to keep it secular, that's all it is
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by Mustay(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2008
Malone please can you type the paricular line in question? wink
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by uchetobi(f): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
KikiDixy:

Its DSTV, any broadcasts bleep out the word god, as well as swear words, etc, They want to keep it secular, that's all it is

Really i’v never noticed!
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by eirene: 11:28am On May 21, 2010
Mo you're doing well i must say. however i was totally dissapointed while watching ur program on marriages in Nigeria. where u featured igbo, yoruba & efik. your rep for the efik marriage was obviously not from Cross River State where we have the efiks but shd be an akwa ibom state man. what was featured is very far from what d efik marriage offers and totally off it. the efiks dress as princesses in marriage. it is an honorable occasion which actually has a britsh origin. its a very graceful occasion. being an Efik lady i was actually irratated at what i saw and felt that ur program being aired on int'l tv must be properly researched. to qualify to be called an efik man, you must hail from cross river state with local government in calabar. pls mo i need you to correct that impression/ information. thanks & keep up d gud work.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by maedan(f): 10:41am On May 22, 2010
eirene:

Mo you're doing well i must say. however i was totally dissapointed while watching your program on marriages in Nigeria. where u featured igbo, yoruba & efik. your rep for the efik marriage was obviously not from Cross River State where we have the efiks but shd be an akwa ibom state man. what was featured is very far from what d efik marriage offers and totally off it. the efiks dress as princesses in marriage. it is an honorable occasion which actually has a britsh origin. its a very graceful occasion. being an Efik lady i was actually irratated at what i saw and felt that your program being aired on int'l tv must be properly researched. to qualify to be called an efik man, you must hail from cross river state with local government in calabar. pls mo i need you to correct that impression/ information. thanks & keep up d gud work.

eerrrm . . . this could be the wrong place to put this. Doesn't Mo have a website for her show? Well I do hope she reads your request here.
Re: Moments With Mo (tv Talk Show) Cuts Out The Word God When Mentioned by eirene: 2:10pm On May 24, 2010
thanks Maedan! pls cud u send me an addy to post this to? thks

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Ini Edo & Other Celebs @ The Uyo Premiere Of “i’ll Take My Chances” / I Need Investors And Sponsors To Fund My Film / Don't Mess With An Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.