Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (34740 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by crisycent: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2013
Lost my only brother on october 1st, 1999. He called the house phone that day, spoke to me and my dad. In less than 3 hours, he died. R.I.P bruv.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2013
Sad thread , I know how it feels.. cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Libra9(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2013
my twin second died in car accident in kaduna when i was 15,and my mum just pass away 24 sept 2013 after i talked to her on 23rd night promissing her that i will be in delta the next week,she is 64 nd i was very close to her becus i am the last child..may her soul rest in peace of God
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 06, 2013
El Guapo: Its glaring clear, i've never felt this way online - this thread is a magic.

Skimming through the pages, reading the stories on here and casting a whole lot of retrospect to when i lost the only joy i knew - this thread is a magic cry

I am sorry for your loss, what happened to her?
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by iluvweed(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2013
Foolish Aye cultists killed my friend in unilag back in 2010! The memory is still fresh, he was shot at close range with local gun(agbaska) during a heavy rainfall at 12a.m midnite and dropped dead instantly! We rushed him to hospital but they all said BID! Bleep! Was so shocked cos I was in d film! Rest in peace brother! I know ur still sailing in heaven!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2013
This particular post made me cry, I am really sorry cry

Mekky2010: I lost my mum to cancer 15th April 2009, buried her 5th June 2009, shortly after, 10th Oct same year my dad had stroke and died...I ws running a PhD programme in Moscow then, at 29 I was to be the youngest PhD holder in our community, my heros with excitement awaited the completion of my programme but death cut off that celebration...I'm so pained because death did not allow me fulfill my plans in their lives....the whole thing still looks like yesterday, I still cry sometimes, I still wish I could pick my phone, dial mumistic mummy (thats how i call her) and ask "mum,which brand of car do u want for Xmas"?
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Mhomies: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2013
I believe everyone might at one time or the other lost someone close. It is a painful experience as one won't just stop thinking that the late fellow would never ever be alive again. This Thread is such an emotional one which brings everyone together. It reminds one that this life is just as good as the present moment; noone is guaranteed the next minute. Why won't we keep being good at all time (most especially those that believe in the life after death)?
RIP to the dear loved ones.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kbabajide(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2013
my mum she died april 7 2004, she had a motor accident on her way home from work.RIP

1 Like

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Mayflowa(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2013
I only read first page and my tears are uncontrollable! I pray God gives u all inner peace.

I feel worse because I lost my dad at age 20. Caan't read beyond this!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Rooneyboy(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2013
Funpeter: Seems you know many people

Same person , seems he was known by many .
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kshowhanif: 10:21am On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=Ujujoan]

wow . . . that must have been very traumatic for you! sad

Mine was my DAD . . . he was laid to rest on my birthday, 6th oct (eight years tomorrow)!

I still feel raw pain when I think about him . . . sad sad[/quot
the 1st] was my aunt, she die 2004, 2nd was my dad, in 2007. The last happen september 2013, she is like my boss, i use to help her install window blinds. She use to pay me much money for a little job, i swear, she is the most kind lady i have ever met in my life. So caring, soft spoken, humble, & generous. She died during childbirth, i have not even go to console her husband about her death, because i feel she just cant die. Her name is patricia, pls pray for them all.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by tyson99(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2013
my mum,she died in 1999 while I was in JSS2,leaving only me and my elder bro....she died of asthma at the age of 38yrs,may her soul rest in peace.amen miss her so much
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by bikay(f): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2013
The truth is that when someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.

I lost my mum 23yrs ago. She was such a wonderful woman, we will always miss her.

I lost my dad 9 yrs ago, a strict disciplinarian and jolly fellow.

I lost two elder brothers, one in oct 2004 and another one last year dec.

The pain still feels like yesterday. I pray that God will continue to keep watch over the families they left behind and may their souls continue to rest in peace(amen).
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by bebe2(f): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2013
lolaxavier: Just like yesterday. I lost Bayowa, my younger brother, our last born. He travelled home on a saturday to pick up his secondary school credential as part of what he is to tender at KPMG after passing their test and first interview. He complained of headache when he got home and my mum and dad took him to a hospital and he was attended to.
My parent came back from church on Sunday and he asked my mum for a cup of tea. He drank it and vomitted. My dad took him to the bathroom and from there, he slumped. Rushed to the hospital, there was no response from him. His heart kept beating but no tiny, single response from him. My elder brother, a doctor at UCH Ibadan, rushed down that same day to Ondo state and got an ambulance which was used to convey him to UCH. At 1:00 am in the morning of Sunday, they got to UCH and was immediately placed on life support machine in their Intensive care unit.
With my mum, dad and siblings all present, all making journey down to Ibadan from our various destinations, we kept hoping and praying. Well, believe me, the eyes that Bayowa closed from the bathroom was the last. He never opened those eyes. Bayowa passed away about 2.30am on the following Tuesday, barely 13 days after his birthday. He died right in my presence. This memory has stuck with everyone and truly, his demise has shattered a lot.
CT scan done before he died revealed that he has bled seriously into the ventricles in his brain and that all the time he was complaining of headache, he was already bleeding seriously in his brain. At the end he was diagnosed to have leukaemia (a form of cancer of the blood). No visible signs or symptoms.
This happened on May 2, 2012, barely three months after finishing NYSC. He studied Elect Elect from FUTA.
Bayowa, I miss you, we all miss you. The exit of a genius. He was 24 years old.
dat finally got me in the heart. Cant stop the tesrs. R I P young blood.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by fishmakas: 11:23am On Oct 06, 2013
My younger broda abt six yrs ago
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by goldenvicky(f): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2013
The death of ?v? aunt and cousin.Mother and daugther after cumin frm August meetin,developed strange illness dat doctors couldn't tell d cause.after how many yrs of d illness,?v? cousin died may 2006 and her mum died oct 2006.Chief mrs stella Ngozi james and her daughter Ezinne james,may u souls REST IN PEACE
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2013
kenyattamoore:

I am sorry for your loss, what happened to her?

It was actually an accident on her way to put some finishing touches to her Post Ume exam at Unilag.

I beg to withhold the details - I could lurk in the dark all day if i keep visiting those memories cry

She meant everything to me, coulda died for her.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Caracta(f): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2013
This thread is something else. cry cry cry

Keep holding on people...
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2013
cry so sorry abt dat dear...it is well
Damysa: the death of my elder sister, she died of kidney failure cos we didnt have money to do a transplant 4 her.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by nekkyontop(f): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2013
I will never forget Aug 30th 2013, D day I had a fatal accident with my fiance and he died at the spot. I'm still traumatized and full of shock because we planned wedding by Dec. Its so painful.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Yaksssss(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2013
My sister so Painful
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2013
This thread should serve as a reminder to us all that we will all "go home" someday! RIP loved ones,till we meet again cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2013
cry cry cry cry *speechless* pls take heart and find comfort in God
nekkyontop: I will never forget Aug 30th 2013, D day I had a fatal accident with my fiance and he died at the spot. I'm still traumatized and full of shock because we planned wedding by Dec. Its so painful.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2013
nekkyontop: I will never forget Aug 30th 2013, D day I had a fatal accident with my fiance and he died at the spot. I'm still traumatized and full of shock because we planned wedding by Dec. Its so painful.

OMG! This is painful cry

My condolences dear.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by ugonna1054(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2013
@ all sorry for ur losses..as for me I lost my ma on 24th march 2006 when I was 9+..it was very sad..my uncle came to our house to drop d letter of her demise..she died of cancer of the breast in a hospital in ibadan..we came bak from church only to read the letter..my elder bro came bak first,read d letter and started crying.I followed,asked him wah d prob was he pointed d letter to me I couldn't cry I was jst shocked and dumbfounded..my sister came bak too and asked d same qst and I told her mummy is Dead she said its a lie I showed her d letter and she confirmed herself..followed by my dad...it was very sad it was later I realised I actually lost my mum I cried and didn't even it our normal sunday Rice...
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by popplm(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dad died 2005 in a tumbled car accident which i was involved but my life was spared by God's mighty hand. as that wasn't enough, my sister followed her 2008 after she came to show us her university certificate and left to receive the NYSC call up letter. rushed back by friend of stomach ache and died.....still with the shock but to God be the Glory
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Been going through this thread and holding back tears but you finally forced it out..... cry cry
My lost loved ones even those I never knew including the Aluu 4! Continue to rest in peace cry
Nigellus_Hosan: A Tribute To All Those We 've Lost

I av been dodging This post..
But it won't b fair to them

My 63 Angels

She was Mummy's Baby Girl
Chinweoke Nwagbo
RIP beloved Sis..
How beautiful U would av been..16 years now..
Mummy weeped..

Odafe Amugba..
My Uncle..
We dunno how..
Still awaiting U..
6 years now...
RIP
Mummy weeped

Ola Olu
My Classmate
He was Quiet..he was gifted in the arts..still can't believe
RIP Bruv..
I weeped

The 60 Angels Of LJC i never knew Them but i could only Imagine The Grief their Families could av passed Through..
60 Children with Lofty dreams dying in 1 swoop
RIP..
Mummy weeped when she saw the Lady who lost all her 3 Children..
I still weep 4 them

Death Is a necessary end..
But it's painful..

May Death never come near Us again...
May we live to See our Children Children

I Bequeath This Poem...

It has 2 Versions
From Elizabeth Frye..

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die...................

2)
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

They say Die is to Live on In The Hearts Of Those U love...
May God keep Us

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
When we are on earth, they call us different names and even pet names.
As soon as we die, all those pet names vanish. They call us body; bring the body, lower the body, cover the body, embalm the body, etc.

We should know that these people died, and we are next.

Not all nairalanders that started this site are here with us, some have died. Let's pray that we die at the right and righteous time, no matter the age or place. The best time is the righteous time.

3 Likes

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by rodeo0070(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Phargbemmy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
R.I.P to all departed souls.

Lost 4 too.

nos1: Oluwabunmi Fagbemi, U could av been 31 last May 5th, died at 1992, february 2nd. she had measles, went visiting an aunt in an hospital and a nurse thinking shes there for treatment injected her and she died some minutes later. it was a black wet sunday like today

nos 2; my mum, died aged 53. i just got back from school( then Uniilorin in 1999), met her preparing to go to work at wharf, i begged her to stay at home dt day but she insisted shes fine. She left home 3:45pm and by 4:34pm, a police brought a note with blood writing instructing us dt she to come take her away cos she was involved in am accident that claimed all but herself. we took her from there to a private hospital. She died in my arms 24th June, 1999.

nos 3: Adebisi Fagbemi, my elder sis, died of an heart related disease. She was never diagonised as she visited the hospital some days before her death, she died a day after i finished my last 300l exams at OOU( i couldnt continue wt Uniilorin cos of so many issues after mumsies death). she was aged, 31. 2005.

nos 4: My dad, he was down with cancer, I wasnt there and I still feel d vacumm. He died 27th/09/2010).

I love u guys, it hurt so bad U all aint here to see my beautiful kids. I miss U all

1 Like

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Audu123(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lost a cousin on Jan. 4, 2004. Saw her the day before she died. Next day, she wanted to stifle a sneeze (keep it from sounding loud) and in the process, she burst a vein in her head (if U are used to doing this, pls learn from this). By noon, she died.

I always do that by blocking my nose! Never again!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by flexymole: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
every death is painful no matter what time, age, nature and event led to it.
haven said this, the most painful of all death to me is this,
my Cousin a 400level medical student at the university of Jos, he left benue on a thursday for school only to arrive jos and on the following day wanted to go and greet my uncle in town, but was apprehended by vagabons, holligans, terrorist, fanatics and hungry blood sucking islamist extremist, who slaugthered him and left a vacuum in his immediate family.... RIP, VICTORY ADAH IDOKO ANTHONY

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo) / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / I Find Violent And Authoritative Women Very Attractive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.