Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? (27630 Views)

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Losing The Sour Taste In The Tomato Stew / Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
What is the secret to the best Buka stew? I have heard mixed reviews about MSG (Ajinomoto & Vedan) and Palm oil, but if you use Maggi or Knorr you already use MSG.

So it is really the Firewood? I think the Juju thing is just absurd...else the juju is made out of perfect seasoning undecided.

http://www.9jafoodie.com/2011/03/stew-obe-ata/ : This is a great recipe I have tried over and over again in my kitchen and it never fails. But I still think a little something is missing.

All the great cooks and mamaput customers alike Oya add your jara grin wink

5 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by marvelling(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
All join grin

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by adonismuller(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Second to comment

@ topic,its Τ̲̅ђe washing inn of somtin........
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by willchild(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
adonismuller: Second to comment

@ topic,its Τ̲̅ђe washing inn of somtin........

which sometin?
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by striker9(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
Olobe loloko,sokoyokoto.Buka food can really be tempting,the firewood and the ingredients are they magic.

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dirts and recklessness

too much cleanko dey spoil work

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by kingrhirhs(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
space book.

maybe d firewood combined with hunger
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by smakati(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its a combination of monosodium glutamate and patience in cooking. Dere food is sweeter cos dey focus on cooking not like some people dat alternate cooking and watching a telenovena/season film.

24 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by tellwisdom: 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
haha! Ofe Manu sad...

9 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by chycoroxie(f): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by iykofias(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Pussi fluid always do d tricks
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by fingard02k(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
me dont know o but i do enjoy there foods
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by otijah(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Av not heard of this food b4 oooo
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by wrench: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
shockedshocked did y'all see that pot of stew? Mehn

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by destino24(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Imanuelle: Dirts and recklessness

too much cleanko dey spoil work

*pukes uncontrollably*
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by dhammer(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
It's the saliva, sweat, occasional cough and sneeze that makes it tasty
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by Rubyventures: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
I think its the burnt or smoked wood flavour
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by condralbede(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
tellwisdom: haha! Ofe Manu sad...
grin

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by G12(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
Who cares as far as it is affordable and satisfies one's hunger.
Back then on campus I know of a buka some students can feed with just #55(meal #50 + sachet water#5).
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
i use juju and weed. Very sweet
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by nekaa(f): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its the firewood.... Cooking on firewood changes the taste of virtually any meal.
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by blackmann(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
G.12:
Who cares as far as it is affordable and satisfies one's hunger.
Back then on campus I know of a buka some students can feed with just #55(meal #50 + sachet water#5).

Urs na 50? Mine was 20(2 wraps of fufu, meat - i'm in a hurry ma(mo n kanju), water was usually on the table to drink.)

3 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by gameboy727(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
That stew looks like ...em, ...em, I have forgotten.
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by mployer(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
U've got good eyes with bad mouth. cheesy
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by infoscope(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
Coming
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by mcdokwe(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
lmao @juju being made of perfect seasoning
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by Nten: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

which sometin?
'omi obo' Also known as 'pussi juice'

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by mcdokwe(m): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
nekaa: Its the firewood.... Cooking on firewood changes the test of virtual any meal.
and make it taste smoky
Re: The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? by korad: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
THIS IS MARINA, ALL JOIN MINUS JUJU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum / Download Free Video On How To Make Chocolate Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.