Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Onitsha International Airport? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha International Airport? (11052 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
Election Time is Here Again and Anambra State PoLiticians are in The Business of Promising Airport without doing it! Who Will Be Sincere enough to Build This Important Airport?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Zonacom(m): 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
Only YOU. Clown

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by redsquare(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yeah, don't know why Peter Obi relocated the site of the airport from Oba to another location.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 3:26am On Oct 06, 2013
You Would Think That a State Like Anambra with a lot of Rich People would have built an Airport!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2013
redsquare: Yeah, don't know why Peter Obi relocated the site of the airport from Oba to another location.
I Think For The Reasons He gave is a good move. I do Think that OBA site can still be use for Local Airport,Aviation College & Aviation Maintenance & Building Industry. The New site is a very large area & good for International & Cargo Airport. Now! My Question is This: Who will Be Bold Enough to Build This Important Airport?
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2013
I think they should build a cargo airport instead.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva: I think they should build a cargo airport instead.
Yes! Who is That Person That Wants Anambra State To Be Greater Than it's Neighboring States without An International Airport & Seaport? Is it's Possible? The Answer is Simply NO!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Afam4eva(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2013
invest-now2013:
Yes! Who is That Person That Wants Anambra State To Be Greater Than it's Neighboring States without An International Airport & Seaport? Is it's Possible? The Answer is Simply NO!
So, Airport makes a state better?
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Yeske2(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2013
Just heard Chris Ngige Promised one if elected.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, Airport makes a state better?
Yes! When you are Thinking of Bringing Foreign Investors in for Anambra State to be Competive it Needs Airport.I believe you know we lost quite a lot of Investors in The Past to Other States With International Airport.I know That Mr Peter Obi Nearly Lost Recently Some of Investors from South-Africa Coming To Anambra State to a State I Will Not Mention.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2013
Onitsha Airport Will Create at least 5000 Jobs directly and About 50,000 to 100,000 jobs indirectly. No Sensible Govt will like to miss out on That! Again, Diversification of the Economy of The State is What a Functional Airport will Bring!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by asha80(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2013
Yeske!:
other candidates have also promised...promise is easy.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2013
How about Bringing back to the State those Rich Anambra People who are making waves Arround The World. How about International Tourism? How about prevention of Capital Flight from Anambra to Other States.Technological empowerment of the people of The State? A Functional International Airport in Onitsha will bring all these and More!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2013
Yeske!:
He did before & Failed,If you will remember.Who Will Start & Finish It Immediately?is The Question.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by cashkidisback(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2013
onitsha dont nid an airport,there is already a functionin international airport in enugu and a cargo airport in owerri.wat its nids nw a well functionin seaport

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Kingsley1000(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2013
Yea...The last i spoke with DR NGIGE...He has affirmed on re-constructing the old OBA cargo airport....and so many goodies....HE'S REAL.LET'S VOTE FOR HIM
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Kingsley1000(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2013
invest-now2013:
He did before & Failed,If you will remember.Who Will Start & Finish It Immediately?is The Question.
he didnt fail dude.He money has been allocated at the end of his regime....
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Dkobo(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2013
invest-now2013:
Election Time is Here Again and Anambra State PoLiticians are in The Business of Promising Airport without doing it! Who Will Be Sincere enough to Build This Important Airport?
ifeanyi ubah or ngige
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2013
cashkid is back: onitsha dont nid an airport,there is already a functionin international airport in enugu and a cargo airport in owerri.wat its nids nw a well functionin seaport
What about Sharing Govt House, Governor,State Capital/State etc. I Believe That Anambra State should be having at least 2 Airports!. Owerri and Other Places can also have Theirs! Anambra state should not give to other States to do for It those areas She is Comparatively in advantage!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:16am On Oct 06, 2013
Proper seaport in onitsha is preferred for now. Let Asaba expand their International Airport with terminal two.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 10:20am On Oct 06, 2013
Kingsley1000: he didnt fail dude.He money has been allocated at the end of his regime....
You need to go back to his Previous Promises before he was made a Governor about building OBA Airport and You will find out The Truth! Remember, All of Them Starting From Mr Ezeifeh to Ngige down to Mr Peter Obi Promised AIRPORT & All NOT EVEN ONE KEPT THEIR WORD!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Proper seaport in onitsha is preferred for now. Let Asaba expand their International Airport with terminal two.
Only IF DELTA-STATE is Willing TO SHARE THE REVENUE WITH ANAMBRA STATE!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by geeez: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva: I think they should build a cargo airport instead.

And what does the Onitsha Port seek to serve?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2013
geeez:

And what does the Onitsha Port seek to serve?

Anything wrong in having both?
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Afam4eva(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2013
invest-now2013:
Only IF DELTA-STATE is Willing TO SHARE THE REVENUE WITH ANAMBRA STATE!
You have a point there. At the end of the day, it's all about making money for the state.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by Yeske2(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
asha 80: other candidates have also promised...promise is easy.
invest-now2013:
You guys are right anyway.
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 11:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
Anything wrong in having both?
Absolutely Nothing!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Proper seaport in onitsha is preferred for now. Let Asaba expand their International Airport with terminal two.
If Delta-State can have 2 Airports, What Is Stopping Anambra State From Having One! OUR POLICIANs SHOULD LEARN CHINA's POLITIC OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & STOP THINKING & BEHAVING AS IF THEY ARE STILL LIVING IN STONE AGE!!!!!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by naijaswag1: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2013
cashkid is back: onitsha dont nid an airport,there is already a functionin international airport in enugu and a cargo airport in owerri.wat its nids nw a well functionin seaport

A city having a seaport and an airport are two different things. They serve different purposes. You would not expect an executive to use the seaport to get into the city. Some are referring to Asaba and I ask them why should those who are doing business in Anambra state be generating revenue for another state by using their airport.

Not in Nigeria where you expect goods to be cheap that they should be flown to Onitsha increasing cost. Build a local airport first, expand to international cargo airport in the second phase. If Onitsha will assume its status as a city with substantial economy and commercial impetus (host to the largest market in Africa) in the SE, a seaport and an airport is imperative.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2013
It is Cheaper Now To Build An Airport Than in The Future!
Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2013
naija_swag:

A city having a seaport and an airport are two different things. They serve different purposes. You would not expect an executive to use the seaport to get into the city. Some are referring to Asaba and I ask them why should those who are doing business in Anambra state be generating revenue for another state by using their airport.

Not in Nigeria where you expect goods to be cheap that they should be flown to Onitsha increasing cost. Build a local airport first, expand to international cargo airport in the second phase. If Onitsha will assume its status as a city with substantial economy and commercial impetus (host to the largest market in Africa) in the SE, a seaport and an airport is imperative.
YOU ARE TRUELY A WISEMAN FROM THE EAST! People are falling over themselves to live & Work in Lagos, But They Forgot That If An International Airport & Proper Seaport is Build in Onitsha,Then You will not be Talking about LAGOS ANYMORE! Anambra State with This Two Facilities in Place can generate almost same Revenue like Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha International Airport? by investnow2013: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2013
Please Can Somebody Close to Anambra Politicians & Mr Peter Obi Show Him This Knowledge!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami / Dele Momodu: I Lost My Father When I Was Barely 13, In 1973 / Nigeria Loses $6bn From 'corrupt' Oil Deal Linked To Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.