Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? (14469 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:11am On Oct 06, 2013
Dear Nls, pls i will like to know if killing in self denfence and other related killings like in the line of duties as regards to war amount to sin before God. waiting for your valuable views.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by fingard02k(m): 3:36am On Oct 06, 2013
i don't think so..
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by destino24(m): 6:08am On Oct 06, 2013
Mods, front page please.. ..

Av always wanted to know, soldiers, are they doing the will of God

7 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2013
fingard02k: i don't think so..
but the bible says thou shall not kill without stipulating exceptional circumstances. Taking for example when one is been faced with bokoharam and one has the d opportunity of saving oneself, should one not?
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
let share our views this might be of help in decision making
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
It is not a sin...if the person attack you first, try to avoid the person attack but if the person continue with the attack and you know it will lead you to your death, so fight back but if he surrender leave the person in peace but if you kill the person during the fight you have not sinned you only save your life from your enemy.

14 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tobechi20(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
^from killslam point of view I guess

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:56am On Oct 10, 2013
^^and what is your "Logic" viewpoint on self-defense? smiley @9jadelta

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
tintingz: ^^and what is your "Logic" viewpoint on self-defense? smiley @9jadelta
as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin

7 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by UyiIredia(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Shobayo Emma: Dear Nls, pls i will like to know if killing in self denfence and other related killings like in the line of duties as regards to war amount to sin before God. waiting for your valuable views.

It shouldn't be especially if the war is for a just cause. Consider how life would be if Hitler wasn't defeated. Killing in self-defence is allowed legally and shouldn't be a sin since one has a right defend his survival in face of a fatal threat.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Rilwayne001: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
(Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
So they sent twelve thousand warriors to
Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone
there, including women and children. "This
is what you are to do," they said.
"Completely destroy all the males and every
woman who is not a virgin." Among the
residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four
hundred young virgins who had never slept
with a man, and they brought them to the
camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Rilwayne001: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
.............is dere anytin lik turn d oda cheek herre?

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2013
thus thou shall not kill justifies killing in self defence
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2013
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me.
So what are we saying?

but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
Lol, you should cover yourself with shame, when do atheist start speaking for christians? Isn't not the same god in the bible that said "thou shall not kill" or "turn the other cheek" was the one invading nations killing women and children? Or you forgot the word "an eye for an eye" you said it yourself you will defend yourself aren't you contradicting your statement as an atheist?

In Islam Allah command muslims not to kill unjustly.

Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (Quran 6:151)

Muslims don't have to go about killing innocent people it is a big sin, muslim fighting war must be under a leader or government of a state so the terrorist claiming they are fighting for islam are very wrong.

Again Quran said

if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew all mankind: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity. Qur'an 5:32)

It is funny seeing atheist speaking for christians this is really a joke seriously. grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2013
Rilwayne001:
.............is dere anytin lik turn d oda cheek herre?
Lol, thank you jare...the bible said thou shall not kill see what bible god command his children to do invading nations killing women and children this is really contradicting.

Tho shall not kill? Kill what? rat,birds or humans? That statement is not even complete in the bible undecided
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2013
but d sole command is: thou shall not kill without given any exceptional cases.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by kambo(m): 8:55am On Oct 19, 2013
tintingz:
It is funny seeing atheist speaking for christians this is really a joke seriously. grin grin

NL atheists are a peculiar bunch. They claim a belief in no God but their nemesis seems to b christianity above all other religions.

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by kambo(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Shobayo Emma: but d sole command is: thou shall not kill without given any exceptional cases.

and david sinned wen he slew goliath?
Or when achan was found guilty and He and his household were to be killed the executioner committed sin?
Wat about saul who disobeyed a kill-order on the amalekite king losing his Kingdom and throne?

3 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2013
tintingz: So what are we saying?

Lol, you should cover yourself with shame, when do atheist start speaking for christians? Isn't not the same god in the bible that said "thou shall not kill" or "turn the other cheek" was the one invading nations killing women and children? Or you forgot the word "an eye for an eye" you said it yourself you will defend yourself aren't you contradicting your statement as an atheist?

In Islam Allah command muslims not to kill unjustly.

Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (Quran 6:151)

Muslims don't have to go about killing innocent people it is a big sin, muslim fighting war must be under a leader or government of a state so the terrorist claiming they are fighting for islam are very wrong.

Again Quran said

if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew all mankind: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity. Qur'an 5:32)

what does it look like I'm saying?

does it sound like I was speaking for Christians?

Christian god did almost all the killings in bible by himself.
mujahedeen did almost all the killing in quoran.
what does that tell u?
both gods love drinking blood. the difference is, the former gets the job all by himself, while the later is lazy and needs people to do the job for him.

I don't even know if this argument is necessary.
Christian God says, thou shall not kill, he didn't give any reason why his followers should kill. he do the killing all by himself

Muslim god says, thou shall not kill, but u can kill when someone oppresses, or tries to kill u, or during jihad and u confirmed it urself. so, what is d point of this argument? are u ashamed ur Allah gave reasons for killing ?

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
9jadelta: what does it look like I'm saying?

does it sound like I was speaking for Christians?

Christian god did almost all the killings in bible by himself.
mujahedeen did almost all the killing in quoran.
what does that tell u?
both gods love drinking blood. the difference is, the former gets the job all by himself, while the later is lazy and needs people to do the job for him.

I don't even know if this argument is necessary.
Christian God says, thou shall not kill, he didn't give any reason why his followers should kill. he do the killing all by himself

Muslim god says, thou shall not kill, but u can kill when someone oppresses, or tries to kill u, or during jihad and u confirmed it urself. so, what is d point of this argument? are u ashamed ur Allah gave reasons for killing ?
Like have said in many thread we have engage in discussion that you are so ignorant, you said you are not speaking for christians then what are your posts all about? undecided

King David, Solomon, Moses, Joshua etc all fought for Jehova in the bible.

Now read a verse since you said Jehovah fought by himself.

Deuteronomy 20:13-20 13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them;
namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

Now does the verse sound like God fighting for himself? Or Moses doing what Jehovah command him to do?

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
^
guy u have problem o

why r u forcing words into my mouth
what I initially wrote on the thread was

"from Islam point of view" which means Islam gives reasons for killing (according to ur first post) which I didn't see in the bible.
for Allah sake, what concerns me with Solomon killing.

if u have any verse in the bible that gives reason for killing,(,like if someone oppresses u, u can kill him etc) quote it to shut me up or shut up if u don't have any.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
9jadelta: ^
guy u have problem o

why r u forcing words into my mouth
what I initially wrote on the thread was

"from Islam point of view" which means Islam gives reasons for killing (according to ur first post) which I didn't see in the bible.
You are the dumbest atheist I have engaged discussion with. If you read my post again I said killing someone unjustly is a big sin according the Quran but since the topic said about self-defense, one can avoid attack from his/her enemy but if the enemy insist on killing you defend yourself if the person die during the fight then Allah knows best, he/she has saved himself from being kiiled just like wars when enemies attacked a nation do you want the people to sit and let some people wipe them out?

I asked you as an atheist will you allow your enemy to kill you or defend yourself? What's is your viewpoint on this?

for Allah sake, what concerns me with Solomon killing.
Solomon is the wise king approved by God to rule the Isrealites, all the wars in the bible fought by king solomon and his father king David are all under Jehovah command to fight and kill their enemies.

if u have any verse in the bible that gives reason for killing,(,like if someone oppresses u, u can kill him etc) quote it to shut me up or shut up if u don't have any.
I just gave you a verse where Jehovah command Moses to fight for their land what chapter do you want again?

Ok you want another one...

Deuteronomy 20:1 When you go to war against your enemy and see horses and chariots and soldiers far outnumbering you, do not recoil in fear of them; GOD, your God who brought you up out of Egypt is with you. When the battle is about to begin, let the priest come forward and speak to the troops. He’ll say, “Attention, Israel. In a few minutes you’re going to do battle with your enemies. Don’t waver in resolve. Don’t fear. Don’t hesitate. Don’t panic. GOD, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win.”

The Isrealites are fighting for their lands with their enemies under Jehovah command.

You are the one with problem. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Double post
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
^
nice one

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
9jadelta: ^
nice one

Sorry for the 'dumb' I called, hope we are good now. smiley
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by waldigit: 4:35am On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: You are the dumbest atheist I have engaged discussion with. If you read my post again I said killing someone unjustly is a big sin according the Quran but since the topic said about self-defense, one can avoid attack from his/her enemy but if the enemy insist on killing you defend yourself if the person die during the fight then Allah knows best, he/she has saved himself from being kiiled just like wars when enemies attacked a nation do you want the people to sit and let some people wipe them out?

I asked you as an atheist will you allow your enemy to kill you or defend yourself? What's is your viewpoint on this?

Solomon is the wise king approved by God to rule the Isrealites, all the wars in the bible fought by king solomon and his father king David are all under Jehovah command to fight and kill their enemies.

I just gave you a verse where Jehovah command Moses to fight for their land what chapter do you want again?

Ok you want another one...

Deuteronomy 20:1 When you go to war against your enemy and see horses and chariots and soldiers far outnumbering you, do not recoil in fear of them; GOD, your God who brought you up out of Egypt is with you. When the battle is about to begin, let the priest come forward and speak to the troops. He’ll say, “Attention, Israel. In a few minutes you’re going to do battle with your enemies. Don’t waver in resolve. Don’t fear. Don’t hesitate. Don’t panic. GOD, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win.”

The Isrealites are fighting for their lands with their enemies under Jehovah command.

You are the one with problem. cheesy

I can see double standard here each time you people see something to support your view in the bible you suddenly become bible believer, but if what is being referred from the same bible do not favour you, you immediately turn around to say the account is falsified.
The logic is this if you believe what you have quoted is true, then you must adopt every other part of the bible including the ones that says Jesus is the son of God hence also God. You must accept Him as your Lord and personal saviour to be saved. Anything short of this is double standard insincerity. Shalom.

5 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 5:17am On Oct 20, 2013
^^ What is this one saying.

What do you mean by "if I believe what I have quoted is true then I should adapt every part of the bible?" Are you making sense at all? I quoted a verse from the bible the chapters are there, instead of you to view your own point about self-defense you are posting another thing.

If you think the bible scriptures I quoted was wrong about "fighting wars" under Jehovah command why not explain yours or refute my post.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Youngzedd(m): 5:53am On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: It is not a sin...if the person attack you first, try to avoid the person attack but if the person continue with the attack and you know it will lead you to your death, so fight back but if he surrender leave the person in peace but if you kill the person during the fight you have not sinned you only save your life from your enemy.

Hmm

Boko boys don't attack twice, just one touch and you're gone.
Therefore, stop that your statement if the person attack you first.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2013
pls let maintain absolute maturity. this thread is created just to share views. thanks
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by asamaigho(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: It is not a sin...if the person attack you first, try to avoid the person attack but if the person continue with the attack and you know it will lead you to your death, so fight back but if he surrender leave the person in peace but if you kill the person during the fight you have not sinned you only save your life from your enemy.

hmmmmmm! ....i smell jihardd,yhu cn always tell wen muhammedianz post.....
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2013
Youngzedd:

Hmm

Book boys don't attack twice, just one touch and you're gone.
Therefore, stop that your statement if the person attack you first.
You mean geeks or let make it weak nerds?

If you read my post again I said avoid being attack try creating peace if the attacker continues with the violent act you don't have other choice but to defend yourself by standing up and fight back to get your freedom or get killed/wasted but if he/she surrenders leave him/her in peace.

This is reality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Challenges Of Being A Pastor’s Kid: Travail & Personal Struggles / Today Is Christ The King Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.