Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:10 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (48911 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
jigga40:
full name can b corrected no stress with dat, DOB also can be corrected without ish, phone number has nothing to do with d initial entry, qualification can easily be rectified too,address does not matter with your initial forms cus dey know dis changes periodically, Agents play as single so as to rip money out of lucky winners telling them to merge or pay some amount of money to get there confirmation code blah blah blah! This is the point you can make adjustments as much as you want if you notice any discrepancy in ur initial if you truly know its not something fraudulent you are engaged with.The only info dat cannot be correct is the photo on the initial entry!

note pls, i am not saying they are no fraudulent ones out there but all am saying here is that there are still genuine ones who passed tru this process including MY COUSIN! I won dv too and right now i am in Chicago.....I was privileged to meet some individuals dat went tru dis process we are debating on!!!! I'd doubt if i were you tho but that is just d plain truth.

Interesting, everything can be adjusted, after winning you email the KCC to adjust DOB, name and qualification? Please stop this joke.

4 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:
[b]

Interesting, everything can be adjusted, after winning you email the KCC to adjust DOB, name and qualification? Please stop this joke.

Lol Mr. Moderator you still don't get it do you? most of the time these entries comes with little or no discrepancies because this agents make sure they try as much as possible to get the right info, but as a lucky winner if u noticed any wrong info in the initial entry you av got the right to make adjustments without bin penalized! Yes they go to university portals,NYSC camps etc etc cus dey av representives there to sort info and photo from! The only thing you can't change @ll is your photo!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
jigga40:
Lol Mr. Moderator you still don't get it do you? most of the time these entries comes with little or no discrepancies because this agents make sure they try as much as possible to get the right info, but as a lucky winner if u noticed any wrong info in the initial entry you av got the right to make adjustments without bin penalized! Yes they go to university portals,NYSC camps etc etc cus dey av representives there to sort info and photo from! The only thing you can't change @ll is your photo!

Yes you can adjust but please don't tell me that you can adjust your name, DOB and even qualification after winning a lottery.

Why do you need to adjust when agent got all your details from photo album?

Agent will go to university portal and NYSC camps looking for people's details so as to play lottery on their behalf? Is there any more porkies left to tell me? SMH

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:

Yes you can adjust but please don't tell me that you can adjust your name, DOB and even qualification after winning a lottery.

Agent will go to university portal and NYSC camps looking for people's details so as to play lottery on their behalf? Is there any more porkies left to tell me? SMH

YES! YES!! YES!!! I repeat you can make corrections in respect of name,DOB and qualification after winning a lottery.QOUTE ME ANYWHERE! But you're the moderate on travel section so you don't know all these? kinda surprising tho. Pls go through 2014 DV winners thread and save yourself the unnecessary argument please!

These agents fill forms for hundreds of people so YES mistakes are bound to happen....you wanna tell me you don't make mistakes sometimes whilst filling out a form for yourself?

Like I told you before they have people who supply them these infos and some even happen to work there full time cus this lottery agency job is just a part time biz!!!! Mr. Moderate I repeat YES they get info from those places please.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by godG: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:

Exactly my thought when I read the doctored/fictional epistle. Some people can lie! sad

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
godG:

Exactly my thought when I read the doctored/fictional epistle. Some people can lie! sad
This is really baffling me i swear! Lie for what? Lie to somebody i don't know on a faceless forum? what do i really tend to gain by lying tho
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
godG:

Just imagine a lottery winner emailing the KCC requesting to adjust his name, DOB and qualification? Only you?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by godG: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
jigga40:
This is really baffling me i swear! Lie for what? Lie to somebody i don't know on a faceless forum? what do i really tend to gain by lying tho

Sir, the facelessness of the forum makes it a fertile ground for lies to thrive. Your story is too good to be true. See, I have seen, heard and read stories of people that forfeited their lottery because of inconsistent DOB! You saying you had the 'privilege' of changing all those vital personal information is what I can't swallow. sad

Maybe there are some things you are not telling us. If nothing, then your story is a fictional work of art!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:

Just imagine a lottery winner emailing the KCC requesting to adjust his name, DOB and qualification? Only you?

Lol Mr. Justwise you are funny sha! Please I want you to understand me ooooo. I told you before that these people(Agents) try as much as possible to get the right info but along the line there might be one or two discrepancies. Not all your infos will be totally wrong in the initial entry! Sometimes wrong DOB only, Sometimes wrong name spelling, sometimes wrong Addy and even sometimes it can come with wrong DOB and name spelling or placement simultaneously! So if you notice this as a lucky winner you can make adjustments with the right info that tallies with your original docs e.g international passport, degree cert,waec or neco cert etc etc! Please this is a first hand info and not market women info......lol
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
godG:

Sir, the facelessness of the forum makes it a fertile ground for lies to thrive. Your story is too good to be true. See, I have seen, head and read stories of people that forfeited their lottery because of in consistent DOB! You saying you had the 'privilege' of changing all those vital personal information is what I can't swallow. sad

Maybe there are some things you are not telling us. If nothing, then your story is a fictional work of art!
You are really confusing yourself here and that is the probs! I never said I changed my info na. Pls go back and read the argument please before jumping into conclusion! I was just trying to clarify something to Mr. Justwise before you came outta the blue!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by godG: 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
jigga40:
You are really confusing yourself here and that is the probs! I never said I changed my info na. Pls go back and read the argument please before jumping into conclusion! I was just trying to clarify something to Mr. Justwise before you came outta the blue!

I'm sorry. Okay, how did the person grt your passport photograph? He scanned the one in your photo album or ( let me give you another option: ) he browsed through your Facebook page? Tell me more!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
godG:

I'm sorry. Okay, how did the person grt your passport photograph? He scanned the one in your photo album or (let me give you another optionsmiley he browsed through your Facebook page? Tell me more!

The agent took one from uni album and cut it to size grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
godG:

I'm sorry. Okay, how did the person grt your passport photograph? He scanned the one in your photo album or ( let me give you another option: ) he browsed through your Facebook page? Tell me more!
lemme ask you a quick question here... In your uni days or NYSC did you at anytime submit passport photographs with details attached to it?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
My uncle had a wrong spelling of his name during DV 2014 lottery. He later corrected it when he won. Though the correction was not that easy.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:

Lol Mr. Justwise, I will pardon godG ignorance but not you!

So you wanna tell me you never saw this same scenerio on 2014 DV thread happened to 3 different pple? The same thread you moderate till this moment?? OMG you surprise me o

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by dyttt: 12:54am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

See justwise
I have been on NL for a number of years
And I have never had to question any Mod how they do their jobs
Bt u are really pissing and u know it
U jst hide my posts for no reason, not any I know of

I know this will be hidden too and I really do careless

Cc
Seun, Mynd44, mukina2
U guys shld call this dude to order
*frowns*

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by LFJ: 1:52am On Oct 14, 2014
TCPonly:
@JB2174, how were u able to take care of ur tuition fees? Was it a community college or a university?

If you are a citizen or permanent resident you get financial aid. And with the type of job JB2174 was doing at that time he should have gotten full financial aid for his undergraduate.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by blank(f): 2:51am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Where did he mention that in his post? He said he got a call from a complete stranger who got his info from a photo album made during service year in Jos. Apart from group/single pictures..what other info can you get from somebody's photo album?

NYSC photo album is very detailed. It has all your info. Even the ones we did as final year students in uni. It's more than just photographs. It has contact details and bio of each person.

These are things we did cos we had little knowledge of privacy and how people can hack your details.

This is not to say that the guy's claim is genuine or not.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 3:28am On Oct 14, 2014
blank:

NYSC photo album is very detailed. It has all your info. Even the ones we did as final year students in uni. It's more than just photographs. It has contact details and bio of each person.

These are things we did cos we had little knowledge of privacy and how people can hack your details.

Thank you so much for making this clear ma'am! Mr. justwise prolly didn't serve in Nigeria or didn't even serve @ll! He really didn't know these infos are easily assessed prolly by anybody that wants it! This is Nigeria we are talking about and not the UK or US!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 4:56am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
YES! YES!! YES!!! I repeat you can make corrections in respect of name,DOB and qualification after winning a lottery.QOUTE ME ANYWHERE! But you're the moderate on travel section so you don't know all these? kinda surprising tho. Pls go through 2014 DV winners thread and save yourself the unnecessary argument please!

These agents fill forms for hundreds of people so YES mistakes are bound to happen....you wanna tell me you don't make mistakes sometimes whilst filling out a form for yourself?

Like I told you before they have people who supply them these infos and some even happen to work there full time cus this lottery agency job is just a part time biz!!!! Mr. Moderate I repeat YES they get info from those places please.
Stop spreading contagious lies like Ebola.. You cannot change your DOB! Maybe your name if you are married, but tough luck since the embassy is looking for a way to deny u. No wonder folks took salt bath to fight Ebola because Naija is peopled by folks that tell a lot of unfounded lies.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:17am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Stop spreading contagious lies like Ebola.. You cannot change your DOB! Maybe your name if you are married, but tough luck since the embassy is looking for a way to deny u. No wonder folks took salt bath to fight Ebola because Naija is peopled by folks that tell a lot of unfounded lies.
please for God's sake don't say what you don't know and don't say i spread lies please!!! I don't argue on what i don't have first hand info on! Before i continue with you i am just gona ask you few questions...
Are you a DV winner?

Av you in anyway contributed or followed 2013/2014 DV thread?

Av you in anyway contributed/followed or made inquiries on VISAOFFICER's thread?

Av you in anyway had correspondence with KCC pertaining wrong info on DOB?

Answers to those questions will determine if i am gona enlightening you or not!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 5:50am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
please for God's sake don't say what you don't know and don't say i spread lies please!!! I don't argue on what i don't have first hand info on! Before i continue with you i am just gona ask you few questions...
Are you a DV winner?

Av you in anyway contributed or followed 2013/2014 DV thread?

Av you in anyway contributed/followed or made inquiries on VISAOFFICER's thread?

Av you in anyway had correspondence with KCC pertaining wrong info on DOB?

Answers to those questions will determine if i am gona enlightening you or not!!!

http://riga.usembassy.gov/mobile//dv-winners/list.html

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES/MARRIAGE TERMINATION RECORDS: Married persons are required to present a certified copy of their marriage certificate. Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted (e.g. death certificate of spouse or final decree of divorce, or annulment).
OTHER DOCUMENTS REFLECTING NAME CHANGE: You must present additional evidence from archives or courts, if the above listed ones do not reflect all name changes you have had in the past. For example, you changed your birth name to married name, and back to your birth name after a divorce - you must present records from archives confirming the name change at the time of marriage if the divorce documents do not contain that information.

http://www.dv-lottery.org/application-error

Errors in Application

Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted. We get emails from people asking "how can I correct the error in the submitted E-DV online application form of the DV Lottery now?". For them following is the answer. Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.

Before you start entering your details in the E-DV application form online, you must understand that you are in the process of applying for an Immigrant visa. Therefore all the information you are giving must be perfect and 100% true.

So it is your duty to check the information in the application form for spelling error in your name, your spouse name and children names before you submit the online application form.

Check the date of birth for you and all persons in the entry as you can make selection mistake in the day, month and year. When entering the birth city you must take care to give the correct one with correct spelling for you and to others if you have any dependants. When selecting the birth country clearly bring the country name in position.
Also check carefully how you are selecting the eligibility country name.

When you are going to enter the address of yourself you must decide first whether you will stay in the address in the coming May to July month period. Because around this period the selection notifications may be sent by postal mail to the given addresses as in the entry forms of the DV Lottery applicants.

Also in the DV Lottery application form there is a field for your email address but don't expect them to notify you about your selection for the program through the email.
If you feel that your country postal service is not good, then you can use a friend's or relative's address in another country. So if you are intended to use another person's address who is living in another country, don't forget to inform them that you are using their address.

If you have already made an error and you are selected for the program, then the consular officer who is going to interview will decide about it on the day of the interview. Some time if the KCC finds out that your online submitted entry details didn't match with your details in the visa application form, you may not get the visa interview letter.
So double check everything in the application form before you submit it. According to the rules you can't blame someone else for the mistakes or errors in your submitted entry.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 14, 2014
I do think jigga40 is saying the truth. I've followed some posts on the DV and the VisaOfficer's Immigrant visa thread and I've seen this same question of making mistakes in their names, DOB or address on their original entry by DV winners.

Visa Officer always told them they could correct those mistakes while sending their documents to KCC. She (VO) always says they see such cases everyday and that its not a biggie.

So, you guys should give jigga40 a break. He knows what he's saying.

5 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:03am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES/MARRIAGE TERMINATION RECORDS: Married persons are required to present a certified copy of their marriage certificate. Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted (e.g. death certificate of spouse or final decree of divorce, or annulment).
OTHER DOCUMENTS REFLECTING NAME CHANGE: You must present additional evidence from archives or courts, if the above listed ones do not reflect all name changes you have had in the past. For example, you changed your birth name to married name, and back to your birth name after a divorce - you must present records from archives confirming the name change at the time of marriage if the divorce documents do not contain that information.

Errors in Application

Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted. We get emails from people asking "how can I correct the error in the submitted E-DV online application form of the DV Lottery now?". For them following is the answer. Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.

Before you start entering your details in the E-DV application form online, you must understand that you are in the process of applying for an Immigrant visa. Therefore all the information you are giving must be perfect and 100% true.

So it is your duty to check the information in the application form for spelling error in your name, your spouse name and children names before you submit the online application form.

Check the date of birth for you and all persons in the entry as you can make selection mistake in the day, month and year. When entering the birth city you must take care to give the correct one with correct spelling for you and to others if you have any dependants. When selecting the birth country clearly bring the country name in position.

When you are going to enter the address of yourself you must decide first whether you will stay in the address in the coming May to July month period. Because around this period the selection notifications may be sent by postal mail to the given addresses as in the entry forms of the DV Lottery applicants.

Also in the DV Lottery application form there is a field for your email address but don't expect them to notify you about your selection for the program through the email.
If you feel that your country postal service is not good, then you can use a friend's or relative's address in another country. So if you are intended to use another person's address who is living in another country, don't forget to inform them that you are using their address.

If you have already made an error and you are selected for the program, then the consular officer who is going to interview will decide about it on the day of the interview. Some time if the KCC finds out that your online submitted entry details didn't match with your details in the visa application form, you may not get the visa interview letter.
So double check everything in the application form before you submit it. According to the rules you can't blame someone else for the mistakes or errors in your submitted entry.

I don't know where you got this from or maybe this is 2015 DV rule!

I am categorically telling you that so many pple made corrections on their initial entry be it directly to KCC or @ the embassy during interview!

I was among 2014 DV winners tho,so i know exactly what i am saying...... you can go back and read tru d thread including Visaofficer's thread to know if i am saying d truth or not!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2014
dyttt:

See justwise
I have been on NL for a number of years
And I have never had to question any Mod how they do their jobs
Bt u are really pissing and u know it
U jst hide my posts for no reason, not any I know of

I know this will be hidden too and I really do careless

Cc
Seun, Mynd44, mukina2
U guys shld call this dude to order
*frowns*

I have taken my time and went through 182 posts in your profile and did not see a single hidden post by me, in fact this is your first post in this section only to accuse me of deleting your post?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:12am On Oct 14, 2014
Phema:
I do think jigga40 is saying the truth. I've followed some posts on the DV and the VisaOfficer's Immigrant visa thread and I've seen this same question of making mistakes in their names, DOB or address on their original entry by DV winners.

Visa Officer always told them they could correct those mistakes while sending their documents to KCC. She (VO) always says they see such cases everyday and that its not a biggie.

Yes but the point is you can't make changes after sending in your documents to KCC.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:15am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Errors in Application

This is no brainer, thanks for pasting this official clarification.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:16am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
I don't know where you got this from or maybe this is 2015 DV rule!

I am categorically telling you that so many pple made corrections on their initial entry be it directly to KCC or @ the embassy during interview!

I was among 2014 DV winners tho,so i know exactly what i am saying...... you can go back and read tru d thread including Visaofficer's thread to know if i am saying d truth or not!!!

Its clearly stated here http://www.dv-lottery.org/application-error
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2014
Phema:

Omg! this is serious ooooo... Thank God you you followed VO's thread, i really can't fathom why pple argue blindly like this! I am just only dissappointed that Mr. justwise doesn't know all this yet he is the moderator of those threads i pointed out!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:23am On Oct 14, 2014
blank:

I don't believe that details in photo album is good enough to be used by a total stranger to apply for visa lottery.

Let assume for a moment that it contains individual's full name and age but the age format can not be in dd/mm/yyy format which is needed for visa lottery application.

Again... how will you scan picture taken from an album then re-size it and it still maintain the original qualities suitable for US visa lottery?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:24am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Yes but the point is you can't make changes after sending in your documents to KCC.
Don't put words in ma mouth Mr. justwise! I said after the initial entry not after you must have sent your forms to KCC..... go back and read ma post pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” / Is Oshodi The Most Popular Place In Lagos? / Adeleke Caught With Illegal Crocodile Meat At Calgary International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.