Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49182 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 2:27am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
what us embassy officer are u talking about? I told u that when filling the form it is boldly written that you filled everything out correctly, you raised an issue of dob change ,I googled and got responses withing 2 minutes to prove that it isn't possible and all u can come up with is a thread on nl? This is pure simple reasoning,it is written that you should fill everything correctly because that is what will be used to process ur visa ,someone comes along from God knows where and tells u you can change the rule and this ur so called officer clearly stated it that all responses has no legal binding that it is her own personal opinion and yet you are arguing!!!!!!! This is becoming irritating
it is you who have made it more irritating, it is you that did not understand what you read, u obviously do not understand the VO's disclaimer, for your information many dv winners have met the VO personally when they went for their interviews at the US embassy. You clearly do not have a clue

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 2:38am On Oct 18, 2014
Onatisi, you prolly do not know that when it comes to visa APPROVAL or DENIAL the VO on Nairaland is far far powerful than KCC!!!

like tosinjoe rightly said...... you cleary do not have a clue.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by samolaniyi: 2:45am On Oct 18, 2014
tosinjoe:
it is you who have made it more irritating, it is you that did not understand what you read, u obviously do not understand the VO's disclaimer, for your information many dv winners have met the VO personally when they went for their interviews at the US embassy. You clearly do not have a clue
Yes,he got no clue.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 2:47am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
Let me help you more bros. please go back to that random link you provided and read the first and last paragraph CAREFULLY!!! After doing that, come back and tell me wat u observed!
I don't think it is worth it bro , all u have been able to come up with is a thread on nairaland by someone whose identity can't be independently verified and who stated it clearly that all her answers are her own personal opinions .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
Onatisi, you prolly do not know that when it comes to visa APPROVAL or DENIAL the VO on Nairaland is far far powerful than KCC!!!

like tosinjoe rightly said...... you cleary do not have a clue.
how are u even sure she is who she claims she is ?so just because justwise allowed her to operate a thread then that means she is legit?omo see gobe .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 2:53am On Oct 18, 2014
tosinjoe:
see lies lies lies, they met a VO who didn't give her name ,phone number or any contact info at the us embassy in nigeria,a so called VO that even didn't state which country she was in , did she put nairaland tag on her neck or what? or maybe she printed it on her forehead VO nairaland!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 3:00am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
how are u even sure she is who she claims she is ?so just because justwise allowed her to operate a thread then that means she is legit?omo see gobe .
Lmao!!! take a bow bro cuz you lost this argument already!

FYI i saw the VO live on 3D the day i went for ma interview @ the embassy but was not able to have a convo with her...... guess what? some members on the thread had the chance to speak with her face to face tho!!!

Oh! The Radiant one.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by thebloke(m): 4:09am On Oct 18, 2014
I was in the US around a city called Holland in Michigan, or the west part of the peninsula shaped like a glove. I don't like the people, they're really weird, and they turn minor issues into huge problems. I'm not saying everyone's like that, but many people are.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by odewenwa: 4:35am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
see lies lies lies, they met a VO who didn't give her name ,phone number or any contact info at the us embassy in nigeria,a so called VO that even didn't state which country she was in , did she put nairaland tag on her neck or what? or maybe she printed it on her forehead VO nairaland!

Onatisi abeg u don miss am. I personally met with the VO when I went for my interview with my family. And you know the first thing she said? She said 'I know you from nairaland' I was stunned. You don't have to believe me but that's the truth. Just accept that you are wrong Ehn. Pele o.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:36am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
Lmao!!! take a bow bro cuz you lost this argument already!
FYI i saw the VO live on 3D the day i went for ma interview @ the embassy but was not able to have a convo with her...... guess what? some members on the thread had the chance to speak with her face to face tho!!!
Oh! The Radiant one.
odewenwa:

Onatisi abeg u don miss am. I personally met with the VO when I went for my interview with my family. And you know the first thing she said? She said 'I know you from nairaland' I was stunned. You don't have to believe me but that's the truth. Just accept that you are wrong Ehn. Pele o.
I want people to judge your stories ,I won't make a comment now.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
I don't think it is worth it bro , a[b]ll u have been able to come up with is a thread on nairaland by someone whose identity [/b]can't be independently verified and who stated it clearly that all her answers are her own personal opinions .

No she is not one of those dodgy visa agents. When she started her first thread last year i removed it (i think she was actually banned at that time) because i thought she one of those visa agents imposing as VO but she emailed and asked me to verify her details which was done and the admin restored the thread.

So she is not one of those.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:56am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
Another one

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/42

akintunde95:
@VO welldone good work here..pls my problem is this : an agent register for me he change my DOB to 28/06/1989 and my Real DOB is 04/02/1988 and this is what is in my SSCE .... But now i want to do my passport which DOB should i use .... Thanks

VisaOfficer:

Use your real DOB! You can explain what happened with the agent, but you would have a hard time explaining why you procured a passport with an incorrect date of birth.

jigga40:
More smiley

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/35

akintunde95:
Pls.I am a lucky winner of 2014 Dv lottery.but a
friend play it for me he mistakingly use wrong
birth date for me like instead of 20/9/1989.he
used 15/4/1989 and birth place instead of ekiti
he use Ondo.pls.how can I go about it... i ve
already do my e-passport with d wrong detail ... but i have not
send any documents to KCC..... pls advise me

VisaOfficer:

It sounds to me like someone played without your knowledge and is now trying to get money from you -- or is trying to sell you a fake identity. Let me say for the record that if you are not the same person as in the original photo, you will be permanently banned from entering the U.S. and may be arrested.

That said, if it's just an error, just write a letter to KCC explaining it and let them know what the real data should be.

Those two cases are from the same person and you can see that the VO gave two different answers and there is no evidence the KCC actually accepted his request to change his DOB judging by the following posts from him:

akintunde95:
thank you VO for your response about my question.... But i have write KCC several times about the real data ... They reply that KCC DOES not have chance to change data in initial form and they continue that i should complete form Ds230 and Dsp122...... Pls what do you refer me to do ......

akintunde95:
pls house i need help i send E-mail to LagosIV@state.gov to change my former E-mail and they reply me dat...... Thank you for your email.

We have no records in our system for your case yet, please contact Kentucky Consular Center to update your case..... Pls what do they mean......

This is the typical case of what we are discussing here. He emailed the KCC as directed by the VO and was told that they can't change it rather he should complete another form. Then he came back again to ask the VO the same question and her reply was:

VisaOfficer:
Use your real DOB! You can explain what happened with the agent, but you would have a hard time explaining why you procured a passport with an incorrect date of birth.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

No she is not one of those dodgy visa agents. When she started her first thread last year i removed it (i think she was actually banned at that time) because i thought she was one of those visa agents imposing as VO but she emailed and asked me to verify her details which was done and the admin restored the thread.

So she is not one of those.
Case Closed!!!
Thank you Mr. justwise for the confirmation.

I really don't wana further argue on this topic again cus i tink it is just a waste of time, let's just concentrate on the main topic of this thread. Nice having a healthy argument with all of you.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by idu1(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2014
JB2174:

Hi TCPonly,

I went to a university and took some loan to pay my tuition.
please, what is the different between university and community colleges in the US?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2014
jigga40:
Case Closed!!!
Thank you Mr. justwise for the confirmation.

I really don't wana further argue on this topic again cus i tink it is just a waste of time, let's just concentrate on the main topic of this thread. Nice having a healthy argument with all of you.

Thank you.
I really enjoyed it as well. And if you had done more digging,you could have unearthed more links on the net to back up ur claims , relying on a nl thread wasn't and still isn't enough. Anyway let's accept the result as a draw match . Have a nice day bro.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
I really enjoyed it as well. And if you had done more digging,you could have unearthed more links on the net to back up ur claims , relying on a nl thread wasn't and still isn't enough. Anyway let's accept the result as a draw match . Have a nice day bro.
Do you even know what a draw match is? Pple who were in that situation are in the US!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

Do you even know what a draw match is? Pple who were in that situation are in the US!
I count it to be very childish and mundane to come on a forum like nairaland and to be bragging about where I am presently,I have gone past that level . The people u are talking about I don't care where they are or where they were . what I care about is following down laid down rules and regulations and so far neither you or any of ur team has been able to prove that the us government has the provision of dob change ,the only link or evidence you have been able too come up with is a conversation on a faceless forum with a so called VO. But in order to lay this matter to rest I decided to go along with a responsible and reasonable debater in the person of jigga . So that is it.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
I count it to be very childish and mundane to come on a forum like nairaland and to be bragging about where I am presently,I have gone past that level . The people u are talking about I don't care where they are or where they were . what I care about is following down laid down rules and regulations and so far neither you or any of ur team has been able to prove that the us government has the provision of dob change ,the only link or evidence you have been able too come up with is a conversiation on a faceless forum with a so called VO. But in order to lay this matter to rest I decided to go along with a responsible and reasonable debater in the person of jigga . So that is it.
We have been telling you for a week now that the rules do change at the embassy...we know the pple who experienced it. You are still arguing... why? I don't care if you agree or go hug jigga...no trophy.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

We have been telling you for a week now that the rules do change at the embassy...we know the pple who experienced it. You are still arguing... why? I don't care if you agree or go hug jigga...no trophy.
look this is pure simple arithmetic and I am even surprised at the way and manner you are presenting ur case , even a primary 6 student in nigeria will present ur point in a more tangible and organised manner . You keep talking about the us embassy as if it is such a special place. So you can't do simple research on google to buttress your point? And all you have to keep saying is someone ,someone, someone did it. What we asked for is what any intelligent person will ask and which is prove ur case beyond reasonable doubt. Even if I was in ur shoes I can produce 10 different valid links to argue my case . But u even find it difficult to do that,which made ur case even more annoying and irritating. Next time you want to argue ur case anywhere always make sure you have irrefutable links and proofs to back up ur points. Arguing like a nursery school kid reciting a poem is not good enough for someone like you.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
look this is pure simple arithmetic and I am even surprised at the way and manner you are presenting ur case , even a primary 6 student in nigeria will present ur point in a more tangible and organised manner . You keep talking about the us embassy as if it is such a special place. So you can't do simple research on google to buttress your point? And all you have to keep saying is someone ,someone, someone did it. What we asked for is what any intelligent person will ask and which is prove ur case beyond reasonable doubt. Even if I was in ur shoes I can produce 10 different valid links to argue my case . But u even find it difficult to do that,which made ur case even more annoying and irritating. Next time you want to argue ur case anywhere always make sure you have irrefutable links and proofs to back up ur points. Arguing like a nursery school kid reciting a poem is not good enough for someone like you.
We have unwritten and unspoken agreements and rules and sometimes they supercede the written ones. From the link the other guy gave...the VO said u may have hard times explaining y u did ur passport with a wrong DOB. That means since u know the correct one now you ought to have effected it and doing so with KCC is in order too.

When u bring witnesses to a case and they confirm and corroborate... what next? Case closed. Stop demeaning primary school pupils...we all passed through that stage and they have the right to remain childish and child-like.

Us embassy is special because they determine who gets the pass as they interpret Us laws and can overrule when they deem them fit.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

We have unwritten and unspoken agreements and rules and sometimes they supercede the written ones. From the link the other guy gave...the VO said u may have hard times explaining y u did ur passport with a wrong DOB. That means since u know the correct one now you ought to have effected it and doing so with KCC is in order too.

When u bring witnesses to a case and they confirm and corroborate... what next? Case closed. Stop demeaning primary school pupils...we all passed through that stage and they have the right to remain childish and child-like.

Us embassy is special because they determine who gets the pass as they interpret Us laws and can overrule when they deem them fit.
okay I agree . You are right. Truce ?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
okay I agree . You are right. Truce ?
It's OK, buddy!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

It's OK, buddy!
do have a wonderful day. its been great talking with all of u .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
I was actually waiting all these days to see where this arguement ends.

So its finally over! Wow!!!

I do really enjoy all the arguement, intelligent contributions and educative informations that everyone that participated in this thread made.

Thank you guys and goodnight!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Babakenny:
I was actually waiting all these days to see where this arguement ends.

So its finally over! Wow!!!

I do really enjoy all the arguement, intelligent contributions and educative informations that everyone that participated in this thread made.

Thank you guys and goodnight!
Yea...but d argument was a derailer. Any word like that?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by frez14: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
nice post by op.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jejelady(f): 6:24am On Oct 29, 2014
Back to the topic: where is the original poster of the thread naa?

4 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Marriott1980(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
I'm asking the same question too...where is the original poster of this thread. I find this thread so educating and very informative.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by nannymcphee(f): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2014
A perfect thread was derailed for something that had nothing to do with the subject of the thread

To think that a Mod who ought to have known better(justwise) helped in derailing it.

Goldenboy007, please kindly start from where you stopped.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria / Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos / What Will You Do if you find your international passport like this? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.