Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (28381 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Funy Prayer In Our Churches These Days. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by RedCard1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Preaching is always boring no matter the pastor. Once the pastor starts preaching, everyone starts sleeping. All I do is play with my phone. Right now, I'm in church. No lele.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by RedCard1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
tpacalipse: If you had paid attention at church, you would not have noticed all these junks.
oh oh. The OP sef is guilty.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by kzokul(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
I tink making and receiving of calls dosent happen again in churches.....well in ma church(catholic) u can't c any1 making or receiving calls...... Tank u
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by RedCard1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
simon gonner: Some go to church cos others are going..
like me. I go to church because my sister won't let me stay back @home. So I just play with my phone
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Odunharry(m): 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Richy.:
if they do not hook up in the house of God, I'm just wondering be best place to do it night club? be free my dear because in God's presence, there is liberty. do not act like the Pharisees. holier than God himself
not an excuse...at least decency shud be maintained..i know sme pipu cant dress indecently to dia office..y open ur cleavage or wear just a leggings n a top to church?
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by delors(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chei! Mrs Stephanie Okereke, you can lie o.
Ms_Steph: 1) Some pinging
True only if u use blackberry
Ms_Steph: 2)Indecent dressing among ladies...I saw a lot of cleavages
Truly, this is a lie
Ms_Steph: 3) Make up....if its a beauty pageant even in pageants
Another lie
Ms_Steph: 4) Gossiping...talk about other people in church mostly back benchers do this
Lie, unless you are talking about the churhces in the villages where those old women gossip about other women whose mechanic children are thriving in the cities.
Ms_Steph: 5) Sagging...the guys.
Big lie. even kids dont do that anymore
Ms_Steph: 6) Love connection...guys/ladies looking at demselves in a seductive way
Lie. Or are you talking about lecture halls?
Ms_Steph: 7) Receiving of calls when the service is going on
Not true at all. People are learning courtesy now.

But this one na turu sha...one of the lead singers in a church in Toronto (RCCG) leads the large congregation with his very strange Mohawk hair style, just like Ashley Cole's. Its so embarrassing. And to think he always feigns being in the spirit, it beats me. And one of the female ushers, a young lepacious girl in her mid 20s (I guess) tints her Anita Baker or is it punk self) hair style gold and wears some badt body fitted dress.
Apart from these, churches now a days are becoming sane again.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by dammygoody(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Just as if you were in my Church today,in fact,today was the first day i would experience and see gross indiscipline of so-called choir members.Their dressing was bad despite various teachings against it,the gals were busy discussing here and there and as an usher,i had to go and warn them,but to my greatest surprise,they refused to be warned and even called my bluff...,............in fact,if not that i always like to control myself,i would have dashed some *destiny -changing slaps on their faces.

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by solomon111(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
The fear of God has jumped out of the church.
People respect their parent,bosses far more than they respect God.
Smh.
The judgement of God on some people will be hard.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by solomon111(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
dammygoody: Just as if you were in my Church today,in fact,today was the first day i would experience and see gross indiscipline of so-called choir members.Their dressing was bad despite various teachings against it,the gals were busy discussing here and there and as an usher,i had to go and warn them,but to my greatest surprise,they refused to be warned and even called my bluff...,............in fact,if not that i always like to control myself,i would have dashed some *destiny -changing slaps on their faces.
Many of these people that dress indecently in church are usually the victims of "God looks at your heart and not your appearance" heresies.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Richy4(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Odunharry:
not an excuse...at least decency shud be maintained..i know sme pipu cant dress indecently to dia office..y open ur cleavage or wear just a leggings n a top to church?

I'm just wondering;what do you guys take church to be? most of you will be surprised that when you make heaven, all this restrictions you put on yourselves will not be there. I still maintain that in God's house there is liberty.that is the word of God. Google the meaning of liberty
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by sunsky29(m): 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
segs_xpendable:

are u sure all is well...cos I see no sense in what u just wrote
dnt u read pidgin eng atol? Rubbish.get a lyf.u slowpoke
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by ghest: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
my name is Belinda, i want to give almighty praise to Dr OJE who help me to cure my HIV/AID, please help me to give thanks to him he is a great man who God send from heaven to save people's life, this man also save the life of my friend who have HIV/AID, please thank this man for me, also if you have any type of problem you can also contact him to help you out on it, he is a wonderful man, his email is temple.of.solution.center@gmail.com contact him now for him to help you too, you can also reach him on phone if you are in his country Nigeria: +2348164124752
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by hollypagan: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
for give me God ,i got to church i watch beautiful gals and their dressing also i watch how they package their two banana,
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by shejane: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
let it be noted that different people qo to church for different reasons, some qo to church to look for suitors, some qo to showcase their new aso-ebi, some qo to have fun, some qo because they have nothinq better doinq at home, some qo to charqe their phones, some qo because they have a job there as an instrumentalist, some qo to hear the word of GOD and to make heaven while some don`t even know the reason why they`re in church. the question should be 'why do you qo to church. you don`t know these people so whatever they do is not your problem. if you don`t like the attitude the members of the church portray, you can always move to another. your most concern should be makinq heaven|
D Lord dat keepeth thee shall neither slumber nor sleep
He wil nt suffer thy foot 2b moved
Is well wt u
U said it all
God bless u
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by ajadek(m): 1:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ms_Steph: I was in church and noticed that a lot of people where not paying attention and I noticed some odd things
1) Some pinging
2)Indecent dressing among ladies: I really thing ushers should do something about dis cause I saw a lot of cleavages dat wasn't meant for the church
3) Make up: the way some ladies make up and come to church as if its a beauty pageant even in pageants am sure gals don't dress like that
4) Gossiping: a lot of people use this precious time not to worship God but talk about other people in church mostly back benchers do this
5) Sagging: this is for the guys for real tho can't you just kip your trouser up just for an hour or two for God?
6) Love connection: during service you will see guys/ladies looking at demselves in a seductive way
7) Receiving of calls when the service is going on
If you have any please share yours
why are u allow ur conscience to work against someone freedom?11 corith chapt 10 vs 20
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Fashiontigress: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ms_Steph: Those trads they wear have a big opening at d back or front. Gals nevr wore mini skirt those days it happens more now

R u 4 real? Girls wore mini skirt oh!! At least I have an aunt who did. The difference is that she never had the guts to walk to the front sit.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ms_Steph: I was in church and noticed that a lot of people where not paying attention and I noticed some odd things
1) Some pinging
2)Indecent dressing among ladies: I really thing ushers should do something about dis cause I saw a lot of cleavages dat wasn't meant for the church
3) Make up: the way some ladies make up and come to church as if its a beauty pageant even in pageants am sure gals don't dress like that
4) Gossiping: a lot of people use this precious time not to worship God but talk about other people in church mostly back benchers do this
5) Sagging: this is for the guys for real tho can't you just kip your trouser up just for an hour or two for God?
6) Love connection: during service you will see guys/ladies looking at demselves in a seductive way

mhen u get time dey observe dis tinz oo!! grin
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by escobar07(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
Which church? Run away from there!
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Ilaje44(m): 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
1) Some pinging

Aburo, Olorun a gbo adura e. Dakun, ki loruko ati addiressi Shooshi ti o ng lo? Ng ko maindi rara lati wa fi oju kookoo mi ri nkan wonyi fun ara mi. O seun! Oluwa a bukun e bi iwo naa ti fe bukun mi pelu awon infomeshon wonyi.

In case you dont speak "Yoruba Yoruba", I pray you to furnish me with the name and adress of your church so that I may be able to investigate your allegations. May the Lord bless you as you too is going to bless me with the information I requested of you.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Kaymisola(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lol. I v a friend who goes to church to charge her bb and laptop
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Ralfiezzle: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
am not trying to Judge..but I can bet you saw that at one of the Pentecostal churches.its the norm.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Ilaje44(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
holly-pagan:
for give me God ,i got to church i watch beautiful gals and their dressing also i watch how they package their two banana,

Seems Nigeria is getting strange and stranger. Never new girls got bananas. Our generations were thought that they got "osan", "orombo", "mangoro" etc. I am hearing first time in my almost 5 decades of existence on this planet that girls have bananas.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Tinyemeka(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Preceedo: Are you posting this while the church service is on? Coz checking the time, you should be in church by now. You condemn others of gossiping while you too are here gossipping, talking about others at their back. Have you ever called any and advice?
This is what she said:
Ms_Steph: I was in church and noticed that a lot of people where not paying attention and I noticed some odd thing
Meaning she had left the church as at the time she posted.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Korrection(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
delors: Chei! Mrs Stephanie Okereke, you can lie o.
True only if u use blackberry
Truly, this is a lie
Another lie
Lie, unless you are talking about the churhces in the villages where those old women gossip about other women whose mechanic children are thriving in the cities.
Big lie. even kids dont do that anymore
Lie. Or are you talking about lecture halls?
Not true at all. People are learning courtesy now.

But this one na turu sha...one of the lead singers in a church in Toronto (RCCG) leads the large congregation with his very strange Mohawk hair style, just like Ashley Cole's. Its so embarrassing. And to think he always feigns being in the spirit, it beats me. And one of the female ushers, a young lepacious girl in her mid 20s (I guess) tints her Anita Baker or is it punk self) hair style gold and wears some badt body fitted dress. Check your head and you'll see a confused man...what the OP is saying is just the truth.....
Apart from these, churches now a days are becoming sane again.
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Buddydogg(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
She has to be in church at the hour, and condeming others for gossip in the church while she is here post stuff on nairaland!! Omg.... Diz Bleep up.......
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by jennyjane(f): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
cry
Lil chilz: everytime i qo to church i wount jot what exatcly what pastor is preachinq..i jot down his enqlish and grammer mistakes...God forqive us all.....

Peace#

Can u imagine cry
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by nsidibe140(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tribalisms practice in some churches when it comes to song especially igbo people, they won't sing a general or others tribes song instead they will concentrate on them own language[b][/b]
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by Korrection(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
ajadek: why are u allow ur conscience to work against someone freedom?11 corith chapt 10 vs 20
you have murdered english so bury it.. grin
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by trolling(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
The Christian Church is a whorehouse, Mystery Babylon Mother of all Harlots, what do you expect from a natural and spiritual LovePeddler
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by trolling(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
The Christian Church is a whorehouse, Mystery Babylon Mother of all Harlots, what do you expect from a natural and spiritual harlot
Re: Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days by adewasco2k(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Buddy dogg: She has to be in church at the hour, and condeming others for gossip in the church while she is here post stuff on nairaland!! Omg.... Diz Bleep up.......
Have you heard of morning mass? #Catholic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Filled Up FNB Stadium In South Africa (Photos) / Father Louis Odudu Dies 4 Days After Escaping Kidnappers' Den / Top Nigerian Gospel Praise & Worship Songs Released In November 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.