Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. (52636 Views)

Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) / GTB Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Mannylex(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
It's Naija.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
GentleMimi:
insider gateman,cleaner or banker? Anyi ga jukwanu onye?

Gateman or Cleaner. All na work oooo.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Access bank is one of the worst employers of labor in Nigeria,in some of their branches managers can ask subordinates to stand on tables as a form of punishment in branch meetings.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
ariseandshine: Paying N1 million to become a professional Ashaw.o?

To the Lady Bankers:

Sorry, I'm an insider.
So sad....I think its high time CBN ban banks from using ladies as marketers cos bank CEOs capitalize on the fact that sex sells in Nigeria to exploit Nigerian ladies in the name of giving them job.

Corporate world is really doing more harm than good to Nigerian women, turning most to sth horrible. Sighs

#TeamNigerianWomenPlsGoBackToTeaching&Kitchengringrin

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by executinal(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
This na pure madness

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
lorretta u: And if you've such a wife who only cooks and cleans you won't look down on her cos of her dependence on you?

Men want a woman who helps financially in the home but when they meet such a woman in the labor industry,all they can think about is how to manipulate and lay her.
Take advantage and use her. undecided

Can you people ever be pleased?

Not all men my Sister. But which is more important Job vs Marriage and Family.

Everywoman is free to work. But no woman should be a banker. Not in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Sike(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
TF!! That's preposterous.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by cumz(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
too long.... didn't read
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
ariseandshine:

Not all men my Sister. But which is more important Job vs Marriage and Family.

Everywoman is free to work. But no woman should be a banker. Not in Nigeria.
The best job for any woman who truly wants to live a morally upright/decent life and also be a good mother and wife, is TEACHING.

Most corporate jobs in Nigeria exploit women and expose them to wayward and wild lifestyles that most women don't always realise.

If wishes were horses, lol, my wife would be a primary school or nursery school teachersmiley

Teaching, playing & guiding kids is one of the sweetest memories in life.

20 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by gal10(f): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
Codedrock: I DONT UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC.. AND DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THE PRETTY LONG STORY UP THERE..
so why comment? u can't understand because u refused to read! attention-seeker we noticed u, now run along! this is a serious issue being discussed!

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by ifeelgood: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
When a farmer insist on working in the bank, what do you expect?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by gal10(f): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Access bank is one of the worst employers of labor in Nigeria,in some of their branches managers can ask subordinates to stand on tables as a form of punishment in branch meetings.
seriously?? funny grin but sad if true angry
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Sweetlemon(f): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
The FG should attach a warning "bankers are liable to die young" to the labour market. The stress there is amazing! Forget it o! It is only top bankers that get to enjoy the money. The rest of them take home peanuts but because they need to keep up an impressive appearance, the borrow to look and seem rich.

Even top bankers are now finding their ways into oil and gas and other sectors. It's getting worse by the day.

I really don't know why our youths are so scared of starting their own business. Anyway, not everbody has the guts or the discipline to run a successful business.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by AbuMikey(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
My Obituary??

For what nau? undecided

Nonesense,if it were me, I just hiss at the fuctardous trainer and move outta the bank Majestically!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by WildChild00(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is the main reason why most of this new generation banks like Gtb, Zenith, Access etc can never match with the lights of First bank, most of those marketers frm those new generation banks are been subjected to all forms of slavery, targets and so on, and the Nigeria Labour Congress, Nigeria bankers association dont seems to be doing anything to protect dem....
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Alajiki(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Uhmm....banking!!! It's still a bit okay for guys...for ladies? It's dehumanising. I'm a banker and I'd never advise anyone I love to go into the industry...it's rotten. Professionalism has fled and the industry is in shambles. You can imagine your wife being in a 'meeting' from 7a.m till 3 a.m the following day! It's a rat race. You're given a target today and as soon you meet it, it's doubled. You're asked to sell several products at a time - deposit, loans and advances, international cards, foreign transactions, e-business products and even insurance! In the industry, if you want to excel, you have to part with a huge percentage of your salary monthly for PR to get deposit. I've had to part with my salary onseveral occasions to augment the interet paid to customers on fixed deposit. It's terrible. As a graduate, it's better foryou to take up employment with state civil service or take up teaching rather than going into the banking industry.

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by udemzyudex(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dygeasy: What Is This One Saying

Another Trash-Talking Container Made Of Human Flesh.
Hmmmm.. are u a banker?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sweetlemon: The FG should attach a warning "bankers are liable to die young" to the labour market. The stress there is amazing! Forget it o! It is only top bankers that get to enjoy the money. The rest of them take home peanuts but because they need to keep up an impressive appearance, the borrow to look and seem rich.

Even top bankers are now finding their ways into oil and gas and other sectors. It's getting worse by the day.

I really don't know why our youths are so scared of starting their own business. Anyway, not everbody has the guts or the discipline to run a successful business.
you're always making sensesmiley

Worst of, most bankers are pompous, arrogant and feeling like they own the bank until they see your account details & notice good figures, that's only wen they can respect u & treat u with good customer care, that's if u aren't knwn in d branch. Fake people living mirror life.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
DailyNews: The best job for any woman who truly wants to live a morally upright/decent life and also be a good mother and wife, is TEACHING.

Most corporate jobs in Nigeria exploit women and expose them to wayward and wild lifestyles that most women don't always realise.

If wishes were horses, lol, my wife would be a primary school or nursery school teachersmiley

Teaching, playing & guiding kids is one of the sweetest memories in life.

Men you are not a learner
TEACHING
TEACHING
TEACHING!!!
Nursery or Primary

Even Secondary School is a NO GO area for me.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Man90(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is acerbic,

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ilaje44(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
GeneralShepherd: In a country where there is no law impunity will always reign supreme

Ofcourse there are laws in Nigeria. Execution and following the rules and regulations are where the problems mostly lie. Fiat are laws too, even if they are what I would call "ofin panapana".
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by plumbcare: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
for real? only in Nigeria will this unethical act happen.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by WildChild00(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Looking at the issue from another angle, today in Nigeria every young graduate wants to work in the bank, sometime two years ago, wen there was an invitation to write a First bank test was sent to a friend of my, on getting to the test venue, she was so supprise seeing the large croud that applied, I was told by a branch manager who happens to be a friend that it was like 2.5 million applicant, and they conduct their test base of zone, South west zone, is in Lagos, etc. And this is just First bank wat about other banks, there should be some form of labour laws enacted in this country, and the government should also step in.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by bettercreature(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mannylex: It's Naija.
Sorry Not only in Naija!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23972952
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by stchinedu: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
lorretta u: And if you've such a wife who only cooks and cleans you won't look down on her cos of her dependence on you?

Men want a woman who helps financially in the home but when they meet such a woman in the labor industry,all they can think about is how to manipulate and lay her.
Take advantage and use her. undecided

Can you people ever be pleased?
Good question!
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by danjalingo: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Codedrock: I DONT UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC.. AND DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THE PRETTY LONG STORY UP THERE..

so what do you want us to do?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by psucc(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nigerian banking sector . . . The slave haven.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by 234GT(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ Alajiki, why do you have part with your salary to pay interest to TD customers. I do fixed deposit and I have never paid a dime of my salary to my customers. How does it work in your bank?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by bettercreature(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
Some people would willingly do this just to get job,i dont know why you guys are crying over normal thing in a very competitive market

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
There was a country! A country where my grandpa got a car after his first degree, a country where he had over three employment offer in his final year as a student. A country where my dad never paid a dime for tertiary institution. There really was a country!!

22 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Sweetlemon(f): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
DailyNews: you're always making sensesmiley

Worst of, most bankers are pompous, arrogant and feeling like they own the bank until they see your account details & notice good figures, that's only wen they can respect u & treat u with good customer care, that's if u aren't knwn in d branch. Fake people living mirror life.

Thanks!

Yes they live fake lives. They want to form "big boy/babe" for their peers and make people feel they are living the life. Mtcheeew
My close banker friends tell me what they go through. One of my neighbours who happen to be a top shot in a bank just left for an oil coy.
The situation is TERRIBLE! If you enter their inner offices, you see them fighting themselves like crazy.
And yes I believe women should not work in banks or as Customer Account Officers in telecomms coys, etc. The stress is too much and nobody cares what you must do to retain, attract new customers.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by jking001(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
bettercreature:
Sorry Not only in Naija!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23972952

Dancing to daft punk,that's nt humiliating or explotative like the 9ja banking industry...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.