Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? (24887 Views)

Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 / Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
It is on record that Imo state receives highest allocation in the SE from FG. Imo state receives 13% derivation from federal government. Imo state has borrowed over 70 billion under Okorocha aside from the one took by Ohakim.

But with all of these funds, the health sector is shambles, educational infrastructures are in sorry state, unemployment rate is very high that youth migrate to other states for economic survival. What about the rural roads? We are going to expose the wickedness of man against man here on this thread. What the government of Okorocha has been doing all these years is painting and planting weeds on the roads built by Mbakwe 30years ago.

I will good people of NL to post pictures of achievements of Okorocha in all the sectors I listed above. Thank you

[b]
The Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission [RMFAC] earlier this month raised alarm on the debt burden of some states in the Federation. The National Assembly has also raised the same alarm.
The Imo State Government has severally said that she has no loans taken since the inception if this administration. But during the budget presentation, for the 2013 budget, it became clear that Imo State government is heavily indebted.
The budget reveals that twenty two (22) billion naira loan was obtained by this administration in 2011, and sixty one (61) billion naira obtained in 2012. The government further seeks the approval of eighty one (81) billion naira loan for the coming 2013. These figures do not include the forty five (45) Billion naira loan obtained from Zenith Bank using the Local Government Area Allocations, as collateral.
If the State House of Assembly approves the budget, with the requested 81 billion naira loan for 2013, Imo would have taken a total of 211 Billion Naira loan in 2years of Rescue Mission administration.[/b]

This is a serious problem because it amounts to mortgaging the future of Imo Youths. When you add the allocation received by the administration during this period, you will start to wonder what Imo have to show for these enormous amounts of money.
We must all be cognizant of the fact that our primary source of income in Imo State Government still remains the revenue allocation from the Federation. As a matter of fact, Revenue allocation to Imo State contributes over 98% of Imo State’s income.
Revenue allocation on the other hand is totally dependent on the volatile world oil market. With new oil discoveries every day in other parts of the world, and the decision by the United States to exploit her oil reserves, the price of oil may eventually be on a permanent downward trend. What this means to Imo State is, may be, we may have put our state in a situation that she may not be able to get out from. To compound the problem, none of these monies had been used in income yielding projects and assets.

If there are no substantial increases in the allocation to Imo State, Imo may be unable to service these loans, while paying the salaries of its work force. Already we are bow experiencing the early stages of serious financial hardships. Employees of Imo State University Teaching Hospital claim that the last salary they received was the salary for the month of September. It is now almost the end of December, and most of the employees of the teaching hospital have yet to receive October salaries.
Furthermore, retired primary school teachers in the state are also claiming to have only received January and February pension checks. How do you expect a pensioner to survive without his or her pension check for almost 10 months of the year? The right to pension is a vested right and should not be tampered with.

As a well meaning Imo citizen, I appeal to the members of the House of Assembly to take a very serious and look close at the budget before passing it. An additional penny loan to the state’s debt profile may spell doom for Imo State and her people. A state that has less than 130 billion naira total income annually cannot survive with over 200 billion naira debt. Passing the budget with the inclusion of 81 billion naira loan approval to the executive will amount to giving the executive the choice of either servicing the loan and keep Imo State from defaulting or being able to pay salaries of employees. Knowing our governments, past experience tells me that the choice may be retrenchment.
Imo must be better, but Imo can only be better of we do not spend the future of our children today.
Imo can only remain better, if she is returned back to the hands of God.

- See more at: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/16/mortgaging-the-future-of-imo-children-dr-kelechi-okpalake/#sthash.6XRK9ZBn.dpuf
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is one of such roads built by Mbakwe but okorosha borrowed 70 billion just to paint and plant grass on it.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by philGeo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
ask yourself, can you perform better than him if you on the same shoes, what about Adamawa state.
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
In the same Owerri Okorocha borrowed 70 billion

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ibe anyi nu have you guys seen a road as bad as this anywhere? But Okorocha borrowed 70 billion, this is the wickedness he is showing the poor people of Imo state. This is one of the roads in Imo state rural community.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino! I can now confirm that you are the Igbo version of Musiwa. Don't kill yourself over Rochas o! Focus more on Anambra state and her forthcoming elections and leave Imo alone.This thread is absolutely unecessary! grin
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Our leaders should be held accountable for all these wickedness..
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
berem: Chino! I can now confirm that you are the Igbo version of Musiwa. Don't kill yourself over Rochas o! Focus more on Anambra state and her forthcoming elections and leave Imo alone.This thread is absolutely unecessary! grin

Ezi okwu, this thread is about exposing the wickedness of man..

2 Likes

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
More on that road.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

Ezi okwu, this thread is about exposing the wickedness of man..
ok o! Good luck in your search to expose the wickedness of Rochas. grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
There are bad roads everywhere but not when a governor has borrowed 70 billion+federal allocation+13% derivation.
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by achi4u(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mazi chino ome ka okwuru,I hail you o!grin
But I can't believe those pictures am seeing is from Imo state, , ,mbanu a whole Imo?
Abeg delete that thing bikocheesy
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Okay check this out, this is Ahiara-Mbise road.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is to think that the state does not do any other thing other than to paint roads built by past governments. Are rural areas not part of the state?
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by luvmijeje(f): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Op well done! This and more is how politics section should be like. I'm waiting for counter claims.
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Onyegecha(f): 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
berem: Chino! I can now confirm that you are the Igbo version of Musiwa. Don't kill yourself over Rochas o! Focus more on Anambra state and her forthcoming elections and leave Imo alone.This thread is absolutely unecessary! grin

What i find absolutely unnecessary is this penchant to shield Rochas' dark deeds from public scrutiny. I don't want to believe that anyone on this site is allergic to truth. Could it also be that the media hype has been so effective that even the best brains have been polluted with these talks of achievement that exist only in the minds of Okorocha, his acolytes and gullible followers? There's hardly any road in this state that is devoid of potholes, including the ones constructed this year and last year under Okorocha.No healthcare system that is worth the name, no good schools, no water supply, no sane civil service, comatose local governments, chaos in the communities in the name of community government council, etc etc etc. If we refuse to speak out against evil, we are just as guilty as these rogue politicians that have kept our country in bondage.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by achi4u(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
But those living in glass houses should not be throwing stones ....grin

u know urselves grin
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is Imo state University Teaching Hospital what is the difference between this and charlet? Meanwhile the governor borrowed 70 billion for painting of roads built by former govs.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ok here is Ama-Nwaozuzu to Ikeduru, it is now unpassable. Meanwhile the gov borrowed 70 billion.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
I want to ask does Imo state starts and end with painting and planting weeds on the shabby roads of Owerri constructed by former govs??
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is Imo state university. In an oil producing state, where the gov borrowed 70 billion for road marking.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ok here is Akabo road. I noticed bikes are still plying the rural areas as it was only banned in urban areas.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Trailii: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Typical igbo land. Chai! Igbos don suffer. Nw I see y dey kip rushing to southwest. Can sumtin good come of dis barren land?

6 Likes

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is the entrance to the Imo state university teaching hospital.

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Trail ii: Typical igbo land. Chai! Igbos don suffer

It is not about Igbo land, it is about a gov borrowed 70billion Loan+federal Allocation+13.

1 Like

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino,go through this thread and stop your unnecessary hate on Rochas.

www.nairaland.com/1322045/road-show-enter-gov-okorocha
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
See odinma na mba, while his state rots away

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
berem: Chino,go through this thread and stop your unnecessary hate on Rochas. Rochas is just 2 years in office and he has done so well. Stop hating and give your support for Rochas.

www.nairaland.com/1322045/road-show-enter-gov-okorocha

Baby is not hating, it is called expository journalism.

Okorocha should show us what he has Done With The 70billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% derivation. Simple!
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by SuccX(m): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
As good criticize I expected u guy to criticize everything,dnt expect u to jst this d bad Side of rohcas,we so many things dt man as done in dis country especially for d less privilege,or am I to ask mayb he paying d press to paint good his name?cox if it d Rohas I do hear of d media stations we ve in 9ja should ß heard responsible if he nt doing wt he's been posted to ve achieved.
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

Okorocha should show us what he has Done With The 70billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% derivation. Simple!
expository journalism my foot! Why don't you show also the good development of Rochas too. You want to tell me rochas hasn't done anything in Imo? C'mon don't be so mean! I still advice you to go through the thread.
Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by bestviewer: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pictures of Imo state Secretariat

Re: What Has Rochas Done With The 211Billion Loan+Federal Allocation+13% Derivation? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

what has Peter obi done with his own federal allocation? Don't tell me the crap you posted on the other thread is all Peter Obi has achieved in 8 years. I don't want this thread to turn to anambra-imo battle ground. If you post pictures of bad roads in Imo,which I know it is in all the other states,you should post pictures of good roads too. Stop being malicious chino!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Solomon Adeola Yayi & Segun Adewale Aeroland Take Political Fight To New Height / We Met Akpabio 20 Times To Stop His Defection- Enoidem / NLC Threatens Nation’s Shutdown After Bloody Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.