Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34153 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
My fellow unmarried women, it’s not that I have a vendetta against you; I just want to address some of the things you do, which I think are supremely silly. Yes, I’m ranting about the unmarried women today. This post is targeted at, but not limited to desperate unmarried women.

I know that marriage has always been an important thing for many women, but the race for it today is becoming so bad, it’s almost diabolic. Yes, many women are doing all sorts of infernal things to get stay married. Young woman that wants to get married, pause a bit and ask yourself this important question: why do I want to get married?

I ask you to do this because your reason for getting married may very well determine the kind of man you hook up with. If you want to be happy in your union, you’ll carefully and prayerfully choose a spouse. But if you want to be married because all your friends are, or because your family thinks so or because society says your clock is ticking, you may very well end up making the wrong choice. Such as a man that abuses you-be it physically, verbally, emotionally or psychologically.
No matter what you say, there are always signs of an abuser, whether he’s a budding or full-blown practitioner of the punching, verbal or emotional slicing arts.

When a man makes you stay on a video chat for 24 hours, just so that he can see where you are at all times, he’s an abuser. Please don’t tell me that “he’s just a bit jealous” or “you know men are like that”….that’s not “a bit” of jealousy and not all men are like that!

When a man makes you take pictures of yourself and send it to him 24 hours a day, so he knows where and who you’re with, my sister you’re in bondage…..only that your master hasn’t paid your purchase price. Any man that makes you do this, under the guise that his heart has been broken by the previous women in his life and therefore, you need to earn his trust, is a confirmed wizard. He needs Jesus and you need a copy of the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833.

When a man flings objects at you during an argument, throws and breaks his phone against the wall and says “Look what you made me do,” he will one day throw you and blame you for it. You’d better run away and from that far distance, text him the number of a psychiatrist and enrol him for an anger management course.

When a man tells you that once you get married, because his mother did it, you too will pound yam for him while you’re nine months pregnant, wash his car, feed your three children and drop them off at school, clean the house, do the family laundry, go shopping etc. without help of any sort, I’ll only say this: are you familiar with the letters R.U.N?

When you’re in a relationship with a man who arbitrarily picks up your phone, deletes some male contacts, text messages, grills you whenever you pick a call from a man, logs into your Facebook account and abuses and warns off all the men who say nice things to you, tells you which friends to keep and the ones to dismiss, and short of getting you a bodyguard, monitors your movements in every way possible, I’d like to inform you that that man is not man who loves you, but a monitirung, familiar spirit. The earlier you’re delivered from him, the better for you.

Having said that, I’d like to add that some of this kind of men can smell desperation and know that there’s little or nothing you can or would want to do to them.
So my advice to you dear prospective bride, is build your self-esteem, be proud of who you are, be picky (yes, contrary to popular opinion, you don’t have to drag the bottom of the barrel), and know that you deserve a good man. Take your time; because once you make your choice, you’re stuck with him. Don’t be in haste- for where the hare gets to by running, the tortoise will arrive there by walking.

#‎IThinkI 'mDoneRantingForToday

SOURCE

74 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Bootylicious(f): 12:06am On Oct 07, 2013
Lovely write-up...

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 12:56am On Oct 07, 2013
Damn I was in a mood to fight! angry

Bravo! kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Enegod(m): 1:17am On Oct 07, 2013
……
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 07, 2013
GBAM!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 07, 2013
Lovely post! Unfortunately, common sense is not common.

It's easy to say these things and hope that unmarried women heed, but the truth is that societal/cultural and family pressures are partly to blame, if not entirely. Also, a lot of women lack the mental and emotional strength required to stand for themselves, or have become complacent with mediocrity and sacrificed self-respect for a husband. It's from a Nigerian woman's mouth that you will hear things like "cheating is the norm; there's nothing you can do about it". Some unluckily marry the wrong man and will still quote the Bible and tell you that under no circumstances, adultery and domestic violence inclusive, can a woman file for divorce. That's disheartening and is setting a very wrong trend for our daughters to follow. I don't know from where the "a woman's pride is her husband/marriage" came, and I don't know how or why it's unofficially compulsory for a woman to marry before a certain age, hence making some women rush and settle for sub-par males, but it's part of the reason why some men see themselves as gods and do as they wish to them.

Nothing could be truer than the last part of your post. Society, culture, tradition, and even family won't change, not fast enough anyway. The change that's so greatly needed as per this topic can only come from women changing their mindsets and loving themselves to the point that they will not settle for less, even if it means waiting a little longer.

A woman should gain more than a man and ring in marriage. She should gain a partner, a teammate, a companion... someone who appreciates her in totality. And guess what? Such men don't come easily, so be patient.

50 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Youngpo413: 4:40am On Oct 07, 2013
^^ you have said it all.
@op nice post
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Thank you for a great post, OP!

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2013
Nice one, @op.

This is a front page topic. Let all those banga girls, read it and advice themselves.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2013
ogugua88: Lovely post! Unfortunately, common sense is not common.

It's easy to say these things and hope that unmarried women heed, but the truth is that societal/cultural and family pressures are partly to blame, if not entirely. Also, a lot of women lack the mental and emotional strength required to stand for themselves, or have become complacent with mediocrity and sacrificed self-respect for a husband. It's from a Nigerian woman's mouth that you will hear things like "cheating is the norm; there's nothing you can do about it". Some unluckily marry the wrong man and will still quote the Bible and tell you that under no circumstances, adultery and domestic violence inclusive, can a woman file for divorce. That's disheartening and is setting a very wrong trend for our daughters to follow. I don't know from where the "a woman's pride is her husband/marriage" came, and I don't know how or why it's unofficially compulsory for a woman to marry before a certain age, hence making some women rush and settle for sub-par males, but it's part of the reason why some men see themselves as gods and do as they wish to them.

Nothing could be truer than the last part of your post. Society, culture, tradition, and even family won't change, not fast enough anyway. The change that's so greatly needed as per this topic can only come from women changing their mindsets and loving themselves to the point that they will not settle for less, even if it means waiting a little longer.

A woman should gain more than a man and ring in marriage. She should gain a partner, a teammate, a companion... someone who appreciates her in totality. And guess what? Such men don't come easily, so be patient.

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Extom(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2013
Cool write up!!!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by WackyJ1(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2013
Mz Vox:

When a man makes you stay on a video chat for 24 hours, just so that he can see where you are at all times, he’s an abuser. Please don’t tell me that “he’s just a bit jealous” or “you know men are like that”….that’s not “a bit” of jealousy and not all men are like that!

When a man makes you take pictures of yourself and send it to him 24 hours a day, so he knows where and who you’re with, my sister you’re in bondage…..only that your master hasn’t paid your purchase price. Any man that makes you do this, under the guise that his heart has been broken by the previous women in his life and therefore, you need to earn his trust, is a confirmed wizard. He needs Jesus and you need a copy of the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833.

When a man flings objects at you during an argument, throws and breaks his phone against the wall and says “Look what you made me do,” he will one day throw you and blame you for it. You’d better run away and from that far distance, text him the number of a psychiatrist and enrol him for an anger management course.

When a man tells you that once you get married, because his mother did it, you too will pound yam for him while you’re nine months pregnant, wash his car, feed your three children and drop them off at school, clean the house, do the family laundry, go shopping etc. without help of any sort, I’ll only say this: are you familiar with the letters R.U.N?

When you’re in a relationship with a man who arbitrarily picks up your phone, deletes some male contacts, text messages, grills you whenever you pick a call from a man, logs into your Facebook account and abuses and warns off all the men who say nice things to you, tells you which friends to keep and the ones to dismiss, and short of getting you a bodyguard, monitors your movements in every way possible, I’d like to inform you that that man is not man who loves you, but a monitirung, familiar spirit. The earlier you’re delivered from him, the better for you.

#‎IThinkI 'mDoneRantingForToday
The bolded Parts Cracked Me up grin

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Roseey0(f): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2013
They all know,but can't help it, they say they are in love and love is blind.
I only pray for them.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bluuu: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
God help us all. Amen
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by mspee(f): 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nice and useful piece. Thanks! smiley
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Buddydogg(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
nothing to say!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Buddydogg(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
ms_pee: Nice and useful piece. Thanks! smiley
what useful here!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hmmm. Oops. shocked

Sorry, this was a wrong Mouse-Click.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by amiskurie(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
ok ok!! unmarried men nko biko? we need advice too!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by demelza: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
God bless you Op.
This is the truth.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by YoshiMaster: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Well I'm not abusive, neither am I a control freak. I am also not a stalker, and like to give ladies their space.

So I guess I'm a catch, problem is though, I'm quite slippery.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha

19 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Catchfire1: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Damn I was in a mood to fight! angry

Bravo! kiss

Ngwanu, bia yia ogu
AkaOkpo
angry
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by kroosx: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nice rite up..but @ op wot kind of man will u recommend since u can neva find a perfect being
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by helovesme(f): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
wow. so some men do all the things in this write-up? shocked

i thank God for my man.

sweetheart, know that I love you and you are indeed a rare gem

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
Some men are not looking for wives, they are looking for baby popping machines, laundry women, cooks and nannies. Once you are married to this type of man, he takes pleasure in younger women, beware of men like this too.

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by RedCard1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
And Rita Dominic will be feeling proud after reading this write up. I hope Madam Ogugua88 has read it as well. Marriage is a matter of choice......getting a child is all that matters. Now all the old single ladies.......start consoling yourselves and hustle for children.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
With this kind of advise your listeners will end up in T.B Joshua's Church at the age of 40 looking for a husband.

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
smiley
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
WARNING TO ALL GUYS:: You are about to enter a dangerous street Thread.. Please use the alternative route..

grin

25 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by princeonx: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
shocked
See frustration! Nne is this loads of experience from others abi guys don dump you taya?
Anyway, please change or attach "Nigeria women" some where in the topic!

But you talk true shaa! Some sisters dey fall my hand how they deal with guys!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reasons Why Men Love To Date Beautiful Women / What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You? / My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.