Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34140 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
For wetin nah?:

On point Sis..some men don't just have respect for women, they expect women to do all the work (emotional and physical) while they sit back as Demi gods and Nag. Most men end up marrying informal housegirls (Not for love), while they flex outside with sophisticated ones..rubbish

I dey like. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Buktanye's post: Some women aren't wives material and some men aren't husband material.

May I kiss you no homo style? kiss

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by DeraOfobike: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
No b small real man!, lol. Ladies abeg d end should b beta dan d begining. I hp this piece wl reset d minds of many unmaried ladies. Love n respect wu u are.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by haulagehandlers(m): 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=soul_glo]

So what is considered African? Beating your wife? Verbally abusing her? That's basically what you've said. Just like one black kid telling another black kid that they are acting white because they speak English properly. Of course you are that's your mentality. When you wife leaves you I can see you blaming the western culture. Not you who has the problem. I am African and I do not subscribe to your type of African. And we are not less African because we were raised to treat people with respect and be civil. The fact that you quote Fela in a thread that is admonishing women to value themselves says a lot about you. Fela was many things but certainly not the poster boy for a respectable family man. Not by any standard[/]

You either did not read my post carefully or mayhaps you did not comprehend it.FYI i never stated that it is African to physically,verbally or psychologically abuse anybody least of it your wife.
I merely pointed the op to the glaring fact that there are some advise that would not work for us as Africans,because culturally we are very different from the westerners.Talking about Fela, that he never lived his life according to the dictate of a strange religion does not in any way make him a bad model,he lmarried according to the dictate and accepted norm of his tribe or was there a time that he abused any of his wives or that he married lotta women he is not a role model? Maybe you would refer to his peculiar habits of drug abuse....well (in Felas voice)....thats a subject for future symposium.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by pinkshell(f): 12:49am On Oct 08, 2013
eddiebruk:

As your papa name sweet you to answer am continue, it is when they call for Family reunion and people are contributing that is when you will shed tears when someone from the crowd ask you to shut up and go and marry

Eddie bruk, abi na wetin u call ya name #InIgboticTong!

U sound lik a frustrated guy, wus proposal az bin refused n turned down in diff languages. Its eida dat or

U apen to be one of dose guy I refer to as leeches, u don't av a job, no drive , no future ambition, dat solely depend on a woman to takia of ur needs. Dese are d oly options dat cn make me understand ur rage.

Kpele, get off ur lazy azz, n go get a job. N den u cn try agen. Cheer up dear, its nt ova until its ova. #Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 1:07am On Oct 08, 2013
pinkshell:

Eddie bruk, abi na wetin u call ya name #InIgboticTong!

U sound lik a frustrated guy, wus proposal az bin refused n turned down in diff languages. Its eida dat or

U apen to be one of dose guy I refer to as leeches, u don't av a job, no drive , no future ambition, dat solely depend on a woman to takia of ur needs. Dese are d oly options dat cn make me understand ur rage.

Kpele, get off ur lazy azz, n go get a job. N den u cn try agen. Cheer up dear, its nt ova until its ova. #Cheers!
OUCH!!!!!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by biggiyke(m): 3:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Ketimae: Mz Vox,
Because you stole my work, I have had to join Nairaland today. I am not happy at the way you refused to do the right thing and acknowledge that this is my work. Instead, you've verbally abused those who called you out for doing so. I could bring legal action against you for this, because the work is under copyright, but I won't.
I'm not saying you shouldn't share for others to learn. But for Pete's sake, if you copy someone's work, have the DECENCY to write down the author's name!
Welcome to Nairaland, land of a little bit of this and a little bit of that, where nothing is ever what it seems and everything is never what it ought to be.

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Blackskin: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2013
[/b][b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color] nice write up
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by mspee(f): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Buddy dogg: what useful here!

That's my opinion, sorry! embarassed
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by sereen: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2013
@Op, a lot of women are in bondage of loving a man too mch that they loss their sense of reasoning and self-esteem, because of marriage, I pray this changes their mind-set.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Lula5Nash: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2013

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by aswani(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2013
For both men and women, tolerance and endurance is the secret to a long lasting marriage. If you are not ready to say sorry even when you are right, please stay single. Once you have children, let them be your focus. Avoid comparing your marraige or spouse with others, you don't know what is happenning behind closed doors. The men making fun of women here for not being married at a certain age are just being immature, they should be ignored. As per the initial post, I doubt that MEN exist that have time to monitor their partners movement when they have to face life's everyday battles.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2013
carujmonella:

You've said it all. Women are their own nemesis. They have made marriage their ultimate goal and it's sad. If they have certain goals set out and they pursue that goal, and become successful in life, MEN will troop their way. Nobody hates a GOOD thing

Rather some women will be pursuing marriage instead pursuing career success that will guarantee MEN their way

Listen to urself again. Are you kidding me? So what about those women with eloquent careers and yet no husband? You seem not not to know what you're talking about. You think a successful career is an automatic ticket for a husband or perhaps, a good husband?

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2013
eddiebruk:

As your papa name sweet you to answer am continue, it is when they call for Family reunion and people are contributing that is when you will shed tears when someone from the crowd ask you to shut up and go and marry

grin grin grin This is very realistic. It happens everywhere. Truly, marriage is a thing of honour especially in Nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by soterene: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2013
this is someone's work and i know the author. why are u taking credit for somene's sweat. this is ow people sow bad seeds o and when they begin to reap it people wld be wondering. with the way u ave been replying many might evn think u actally wrote that. why take credit for someone' s sweat. God dey o. i shake my head for u. u are so miserable and pathetic
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2013
ileobatojo:

Someone, pleeease give me a lobotomy so I forget that I ever saw this post!

Elaborate pls
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Ab-sadiq20:
My dear am moved with ur words of encouragment, we
need pple lyk u in naija wit positive thinking. i pray 4 al naija single
ladies 2 find a loving nd a caring husband. Gud article my dear keep it
up. Are u single? My dear am moved with ur words of
encouragment, we need pple lyk u in naija wit positive thinking. i pray 4
al naija single ladies 2 find a loving nd a caring husband. Gud article
my dear keep it up. Are u single?
My dear am moved with ur
words of encouragment, we need pple lyk u in naija wit positive
thinking. i pray 4 al naija single ladies 2 find a loving nd a caring
husband. Gud article my dear keep it up. Are u single?

Why did you ask if she's single at the end? You want to marry her? Hypocrisy at its peak. grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Lightening: Instead of reading and applying this wise counsel from Cleft Events who might be running her home on those principles successfully, you are trying to prove to every poster that does not agree with the myopic opinions of your obviously frustrated likes here. We continue to copy the western ladies who can readily cope with multiple divorces, but when the chips sre down you will not let the pastors be where you are looking for quick miracles.

@Cleft Events - You may have a calling for marriage counselling ministry. Sanity needs to be restored in the minds of some ladies

Common sense is not so common!

The Op talked about avoiding a potential abuser and someone else is talking about ready made men, submission etc.

I don not care the principles anyone wants to run his or her home on.

Don't just spew non sense in a public forum.

Anyone who is against abuse or low quality riff raffs is now frustrated.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2013
RedBenson:

You r only being pessimistic and discouraging 2 urself & other unmarried ladies. A marriage that'll crash or b in abuse 'll surely crash or b in abuse. Av u ever heard dat there's no perfect marriage in d world? So why givin urself unnecessary burden of tryng 2 pick a non-abusive partner wch can incidentally jeopardise ur chances of gettin married. Look, there's so surplus of women in d society compare to men.Becos of this, there's no time 4 men to try to kill demselvs over a single lady. Once a lady tries to cajole his man too much, he walks away and picks another lady. I've seen many ladies in thier 40s and 50s now who r regrettin refusin to get married to one man or d other during thier young age. All over d world, marriage is considered 'endurance' and not 'enjoyment'. Why not go into one 2day hoping to manage & endure it while u put ur trust in God instead of suffering urself waiting for a perfect angel. You may regret it later in life if u allow men pass u cos u craving 4 mr. perfect. Just an advice!

You don't really mean this, do you?

It is well o!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2013
For wetin nah?:

On point Sis..some men don't just have respect for women, they expect women to do all the work (emotional and physical) while they sit back as Demi gods and Nag. Most men end up marrying informal housegirls (Not for love), while they flex outside with sophisticated ones. Rubbish

My dear,

The men sadly are not the problem; we women are.

If you know your value, no body can treat you less
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Ketimae: Thank you, Mz Vox for finally acknowledging your source.
Thank you to my friends and blog followers who not only recognized my work, but notified me and spoke against it's unacknowledged recopying.
Thank you, NairaLand administrators, who contacted me and ensured that the proper source is acknowledged.
God bless everyone.

Well done!

It was a very nice writeup!

You have done your part(writing), I pray others do theirs (read and practice)
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Buktanye's post: Some women aren't wives material and some men aren't husband material.

May I kiss you no homo style? kiss

Lol!

Here is my cheek
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by efun209990: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
i have been reading some interesting comments, but this is a well written and insightful article, there are so many men out there that have no business being married, the rate of abusive men is alarming, believe me, a lot of women will be better off without some men in their lives. getting married should enhance you, make you better, enrich you and not be a sorrowful venture. the common saying of 'dying in your father's house' because you are not married is simply propagated by mostly misogynist people. the key is prayerfully enter into a marriage, a man that will add value to you ( not just financial value), that is the key thing i got from this article, not every one in trouser is a logical human being. a husband has a lot of responsibilities for his family, ladies, choose wisely dont be desperate, dont fall for that crap of not being enough men out there or whatever, 4 of my friends got married last week, they are in their mid thirties, happily married because they refused to settle for abusive touts. so please let everyone work on their character ( both men and women) before choosing someone to partner with. cheers!

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
bukatyne:

You don't really mean this, do you?

It is well o!

I meant every single word in it. My dad is not a perfect man and if my mom could marry him and despite his flaws such as abuse etc and still have a successfully marriage with him, why cant other ladies put trust in God and go into marriage with a man peradventure with the mindset of 'enduring' it and not 'enjoying' it like my mom. I've said!!!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
RedBenson:

I meant every single word in it. My dad is not a perfect man and if my mom could marry him and despite his flaws such as abuse etc and still have a successfully marriage with him, why cant other ladies put trust in God and go into marriage with a man peradventure with the mindset of 'enduring' it and not 'enjoying' it like my mom. I've said!!!

I ask again:

Do you really mean your post?

So abuse is now ok because your mum endured it?

What is your definition of a 'successful marriage'?

Ladies should go into marriage with the mindset of enduring?

What is the reason for marriage?

Once again, are you serious with your posts?

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
bukatyne: I ask again:
Do you really mean your post?
So abuse is now ok because your mum endured it? What is your definition of a 'successful marriage'? Ladies should go into marriage with the mindset of enduring? What is the reason for marriage?

Once again, are you serious with your posts?

Babe, lik som of u assume dat marriage is a matter of choice, u can decide either to get married or stay single, but i must tell u, no woman has ever been truly happy staying single. One 'll sincerely tell u dat she's so happy being unmarried. If she does, she's lying. U cant cajole nature just d way u think.

What am saying is, if you like, heed to my advice and get married trusting in God or decide to stay single cos you want a perfect man. Time shall tell who's at lost.

Maybe this will be ur portion during family gathering: grin

eddiebruk: As your papa name sweet you to answer am continue, it is when they call for Family reunion and people are contributing that is when you will shed tears when someone from the crowd ask you to shut up and go and marry
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by BlackKenichi(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
@Okija_juju:
Keep up the good work on this thread bro. Your posts are making me laugh!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by pinkshell(f): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
RedBenson:

Babe, lik som of u assume dat marriage is a matter of choice, u can decide either to get married or stay single, but i must tell u, no woman has ever been truly happy staying single. One 'll sincerely tell u dat she's so happy being unmarried. If she does, she's lying. U cant cajole nature just d way u think.

What am saying is, if you like, heed to my advice and get married trusting in God or decide to stay single cos you want a perfect man. Time shall tell who's at lost.

Maybe this will be ur portion during family gathering: grin

Lol! Redbenson, can u give an accurate statistics of nigerian wmen whom marriage az brot so mch happiness to.

Cos u seem to be aving a lot of fun, taunting ppl, while a crious discussion is goin on.

So many nigerian marriages ar in turmoil, d woman isn't apy, d man is nt responsible n probably cheatin outside is matrimonial hom.

My point is, dia is no guarantee dat a marriage coms wit happiness(I hope am sayin dis rite) its nt like buyin a thermocool fridge n gettin a 2yr warrantee.

Marriage is smthg I com in in2 wit my own apyness, understndin my man wld av is flaws, n noin am matured enof to tolerate dem. Oga dia is no guarantee for marriage ooo. Trut is I can be married to a perfect man n yet not b apy.

U say unmarried wmen are unhappy, u wanna no y? Its cos of d pressure frm d society.

DON'T EVA EXPECT TO GET SOMTIN U LACK FROM A MARRIAGE (marriage no be gold mine ooo).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman With 2 Failed Marriages Finds Love With A Prince Who Is Single / I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.