Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Internet, The Future Of Radio - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Internet, The Future Of Radio (432 Views)

OLED TV;TV For The Future / The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. / The Future Of Mobile Communication And Advertising: Mxit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet, The Future Of Radio by DJOKAY(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2013
One of Nigeria’s top DJs, O’kay Megamixer, who recently unveiled 234Radio as his latest contribution to the continuously growing radio broadcasting sector in the country has described the Internet as the future of radio services. According to him, “We cannot dispute the fact that the internet is the major innovation in the world presently and that it is affecting every industry in one way or the other. This does not leave behind radio services and with this in mind, I decided that it would be better for me to start 234Radio as an internet radio. Listeners can therefore listen anytime and anywhere in the world by visiting www.234radio.com on any internet-enabled device.”

He added that 234Radio has begun transmission already and is transmitting from Nigeria, UK, Jamaica, USA and other parts of the world. “The response to 234Radio has been amazing. Artistes who have been starved of airplay on terrestrial radio stations are now getting it on 234Radio to not just any audience but a worldwide audience as we don’t have any geographical barrier.

Ours is total entertainment without bounds, so it’s not surprising that the world is warming up to us.” Having amassed over ten years experience in radio programming himself working with different radio stations, O’kay is able to effectively juxtapose several genres of music all on 234Radio successfully. “We play every sort of music. Alternative, blues, classical, country, electronic, hip-hop, rap, inspirational, jazz, afrobeat, afropop, reggae, R&B, soul and so on. We are not here to play, we are here to take over, so don’t be surprised when we do so,” he concluded confidently.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Torch For Sale / BB Curve4 For Sale @15k. / I Want Port To Bb...swap My HTC To BB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.