Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt (520 Views)

Bizzare Cases Of Pregnancy By MouthAction / Woman Delivered Of 25 Months Pregnancy - Miracle Working God / How Can One Abort 5 Months Pregenancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt by ajasbaba(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is totally devastating. No family should EVER have to experience this. The Chinese government is being accused of dragging a pregnant woman out of her bed at 4 a.m. to force her to abort her 6-months pregnancy. According to DailyMail and SkyNews, A Chinese woman has revealed she was dragged from her home in the middle of the night and forced to have an abortion, three months before her child was due to be born. Liu Xinwen, 33, and her husband Zhou Guoqiang were left devastated after the mother-of-one was pulled from her bed and taken to hospital to be injected with an abortion-inducing drug. The forced abortion is due to China’s strict one-baby policy, introduced in 1979 to keep the country’s population under control – the couple already have a son. The couple claim that they were awoken at 4am last week after their door was kicked down and two dozen officials from the Shandong Province Family Planning Commission forced their way into their home. Mr Zhou told Sky News how he was held down on the sofa while his terrified wife was taken away to the hospital. He then spent a desperate five hours trying to find out where Liu Xinwen had been taken as officials refused to tell him. When he eventually found his wife at the People’s Hospital of Fangzi District in Weifang City, he arrived just minutes after the injection had been administered. ‘My wife was lying in bed. I asked her: ‘Have you been injected?’ She said ‘yes’. I asked if the baby was still moving.’ She said ‘not much,’ he told Sky News. ‘After that, I didn’t want my wife to see my crying. I went outside.’ The baby died in her womb and was delivered a day later – a horrific photo shows the fetus in an orange bucket next to Liu Xinwen curled up on the hospital bed. It was then the couple discovered they had been due to have a little boy, a younger brother for their son Zhou Junfeng, 10. Mr Zhou claims his wife was forced to sign papers which said she had agreed to the abortion. He said that when she refused she was told if she did not co-operate her husband would be arrested and she would be left with nothing. She told Sky News that after her son was born she had a contraceptive coil inserted, a procedure proscribed by China. She said it must have failed and she discovered she was expecting a second child when she was four months into the pregnancy. The couple decided against informing the authorities as they feared a forced abortion and instead hoped to pay a fine after the birth – this is sometimes acceptable in parts of China. It is not clear how authorities found out Liu Xinwen was pregnant. The Chinese Embassy in London told Sky News they were looking into the case. Known to many as the one-child policy, China’s actual rules are more complicated. The government limits most urban couples to one child, and allows two children for rural families if their firstborn is a girl. Though the government credits the policy with preventing hundreds of millions of births and helping lift countless families out of poverty, it is reviled by many ordinary people. The strict limits have led to forced abortions and sterilizations, even though such measures are illegal. Couples who flout the rules face hefty fines, seizure of their property and loss of their jobs. This is so heartbreaking!
Re: Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt by stan4b(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Her enemies are at work.
Re: Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
This rule has been in effect for long enough. The couple should have done the needful at the right time.
Re: Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt by VirginFinder: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is extremely painful and disgusting.

I hate abortion and I hate the Chinese even more for this cruel behaviour.

The LORD is on the throne.

It is well.
Re: Chinese mother Forced To Abort Her 6-months Pregnancy By Govt by SwitAyi(f): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is terrible. Hw can I be restricted 2 having only one child. What if something happens in future and d child dies when I am in menopause? Thank God I am in Naija.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read And Share To Ur Love One / How To Get Great Lips / Huge 15-kg Tumour Removed From 11-yr-old Girl After 5 Years Of Suffering.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.