Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! (36376 Views)

I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out / Brothers, Will You Allow Your ONLY Sister Marry A Staunch Muslim Or Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nimen(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Its alphaa: nawaoh....didn't she try abusive and decent job and e din work? u no even lucky sef sey d guy get job....

ya biish.
hehehehe jobless man talking[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by richyblink1(m): 7:52am On Oct 08, 2013
Why do we look at just the present situation alone instead of both the present and the future.

Some years back i used to be a street hawker trying to make ends meet instead of just relying on my folks. At the point of hawking, i met a girl I fancied. The only thing that stopped her from dating me was because I was a street hawker.

After 6 years of loosing contact with her she met me in the bank when she was having issues with her transaction and was referred to my desk for assistance.
She did not just collect my number, but house address, stalking me, showing up in my house without invitation.

Poster, what makes a human is not just his her prevailing circumstances, but yesterday, today and tomorrow.
A person's personality worth more than his her current physicality.

Guide your sister towards making a better choice, instead of running down her man just because he is a security personnel at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by IBOGIRL1: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2013
welcome 2 nigeria where there is no dignity in labour. If evry body frowns at security work. Who wil then mann d gates? @ op u i guess. Bera leave dat guy alone if he is sensible n matured.since wen did a certain kind of legal job dtermine the case of love. My fada is from togo. Bck then when we wer growin up,he told us stories of how when he first came to lagos he was disposin pple's poo in buckets. An abekpo,he ws but 2day we are land owners nd rich coz my fada ws sensible nd 4syted enof2 acquire d lands that wer considad shit ridden nd swampy back then nt now.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by otokx(m): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2013
Interesting thread
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by adieora(f): 8:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Now I am going to give you a simple honest answer. Most replies here were unrealistic. Pple find it easy to say crap when they r not in that position.

You are obviously worried cos you want the best for ur sista. Not every story like this actually has a happuy ending. It can turn for the worse or better. For all you know, the guy may want to use her to change his own life esp if She has a well pAyin job. It does happen.

Anyway find out more abt tHe guy. He maybe good afterall. How ever u didn't telll us wat ur sis does for a living
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by COOLDUN: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2013
berem: This story reminds me of my younger sister too. My kid sister met this dude who works as a security officer at UBA about 10 years ago. My family was totally against it. My sister never had badluck with men though but she decided to stick to this security guy. I as the first child of the family tried to convince her to look elsewhere and leave the security guy because he was underpaid and was living in a one room apartment.My pleas fell on deaf ears and I and my family had to give up. They continued dating until in 2012 when they got married. The surprising thing is the guy is a graduate and he is now a full time banker with Ecobank. He stopped being a security guy in 2008. cool

Thank you for saying the truth, some people don't think about the future, must a woman survive through a man? God made woman as a helper to man while man is made to be a protector of a woman. Nobody today can be well respected and famous someone tomorrow. The present of a man does not matter but his future matters a lot. True love doesn't look at material things because they must come through hard work.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by abbeymighty(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2013
@ OP did you know education background of this guy? don't under rate anybody because is today we can talk of nobody knows tomorrow, i have a friend who stated his work as motor boy in a company but later became the company distributor and the guy married one of the company staff that he has been working in the company before the company employed him as motor boy. this happen all because the guy has focus and ambition.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by COOLDUN: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2013
richyblink1: Why do we look at just the present situation alone instead of both the present and the future.

Some years back i used to be a street hawker trying to make ends meet instead of just relying on my folks. At the point of hawking, i met a girl I fancied. The only thing that stopped her from dating me was because I was a street hawker.

After 6 years of loosing contact with her she met me in the bank when she was having issues with her transaction and was referred to my desk for assistance.
She did not just collect my number, but house address, stalking me, showing up in my house without invitation.

Poster, what makes a human is not just his her prevailing circumstances, but yesterday, today and tomorrow.
A person's personality worth more than his her current physicality.

Guide your sister towards making a better choice, instead of running down her man just because he is a security personnel at the moment.

God bless you
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by nuelkaosi(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Standing5: She need some sense of security.
Hahahaha.. badt person. grin
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by k2039: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Shaw007: Dude!! . . Ur frigging shallow minded!!!!
This is the right word to describe the op.

The fact that he buys book for the girl is one reason why I don't have a problem with him being a gateman.

I'm sure for him to buy books for the girl, he certainly must be reading also.
Either he is a graduate or not (probably he didn't have money to complete his school) doesn't matter, afterall he is educating is mind.

Going to school only makes one literate, it's investment in literature that matters eventually.

The most dangerous man to under estimate is a man who constantly builds his mind through reading. You can ask Bill Gate and I'm sure if Kiyosaki had his way, he probably won't finish school.

My2Cent: I understand you fears and it's perfectly normal, but I will suggest you get close to the guy, I'm sure you'll marvel at the wisdom that will proceed out of his mouth.

Think about it, if you were to be in his shoe, will you be happy if family members prevent the love of your life from marrying you because you are a gateman.

Learn to appreciate a man who choses to word that steal, one of the UK currency which has the gateman of the bank of England on it, that's a nation that appreciates hard work.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ugosample(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2013
heavy g: You people are just descending on my head for Nothing. My sister is educated and she's always been tops in class Since when She was small. She's a decent, pretty girl.

Everybody talks like It's so easy to break even in naija. what type of graduate will even pick up security job sef
I just don't want her to suffer. And I shouldn't be castigated for that Because There's nobody's sister suffering in my house.
Na small pikin talk be this. You said no graduate will pick security work? Hunger never bite you before grin
heavy g: You people are just descending on my head for Nothing. My sister is educated and she's always been tops in class Since when She was small. She's a decent, pretty girl.

Everybody talks like It's so easy to break even in naija. what type of graduate will even pick up security job sef
I just don't want her to suffer. And I shouldn't be castigated for that Because There's nobody's sister suffering in my house.
Na small pikin talk be this. You said no graduate will pick security work? Hunger never bite you before. So you think everyone lands a dream job once he/she graduates? Better pray that misfortune doesn't befall anybody because it is very possible. I know your type.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ugosample(m): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2013
adieora: Now I am going to give you a simple honest answer. Most replies here were unrealistic. Pple find it easy to say crap when they r not in that position.

You are obviously worried cos you want the best for ur sista. Not every story like this actually has a happuy ending. It can turn for the worse or better. For all you know, the guy may want to use her to change his own life esp if She has a well pAyin job. It does happen.

Anyway find out more abt tHe guy. He maybe good afterall. How ever u didn't telll us wat ur sis does for a living
This post makes sense.... But nothing gives him the licence to denigrate him/his position.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by COOLDUN: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Ngokafor:

....gosh you sound insane!!..why pour out your frustrations on peeps you dont even know from Adam??..na wao!

From your lack of reasoning and myopic of seeing what the OP represents, makes you more insane and a simpleton, how do you know someone's than his/her utterances? must i know someone from Adams before i would reason from his/her comment? i am very sorry for you. Keep on fooling yourself, tomorrow you will blame it on a spiritual husband/wife from Atlantic ocean . I commented on what i read.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ngokafor(f): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2013
..hey you guys should not get ahead of yourselves okay?, why is everyone assuming that the Security man is nice,caring,loving and a graduate?...really?...you dont have all the details so quit all these nice,loving blabla talk jare....

...what if he is just a gold-digger,using the girl as a stepping stone to 'rest body' and maybe better his life,only to dump her later with lame excuses when he gets what he wants?...it can go either way so give the op a break,he just wants the best for his sister,no crime in that!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ngokafor(f): 8:22am On Oct 08, 2013
COOLDUN:

From your lack of reasoning and myopic of seeing what the OP represents, makes you more insane and a simpleton, how do you know someone's than his/her utterances? must i know someone from Adams before i would reason from his/her comment? i am very sorry for you. Keep on fooling yourself, tomorrow you will blame it on a spiritual husband/wife from Atlantic ocean . I commented on what i read.

...lol go cure your biopolar abeg,you need help.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by COOLDUN: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2013
kayClt: hian shocked y r u taking d issue personnal,both parties u r not related too,u r sounding as if such tin has happend to u b4,abeg stop insulting d op biko.

The OP did not post the comment for people that had the experience before, i commented from the tone of the advice to the lady involved, Degrading the young man is an act of execution to moral value. It is not easy to pick up such job. I don't care if they are related or not, though the caption stated that the lady in question is the sister.

I don't know if you know them personally, if you do then advice the OP to stay clear from the young man's happiness. He is not God that determines one's future. Whether i take it personal or not. His advice to that lady is so humiliating.

He should know that no matter what he is now , there is a person he worth nothing in his presence. Hard work leads to success and greatness.If it happened to me or not is not your concern, just say the truth and liberate your soul and conscience.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Natasha2(f): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2013
wow the dude is sweet I must say,buying books for your sis?? How many guys will give such presents? Me thinks you should leave your sister alone, you're not in her shoes so you're not the best person to decide for her.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by COOLDUN: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Ngokafor:

...lol go cure your biopolar abeg,you need help.

Visit TB Joshua at SCOAN for your deliverance you need it because you have found a consoling advice from the OP.His service is free and it will make you famous too. Nwanamanshogi !!!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by fulli16(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2013
op

Plz dnt finalize on d guy based on his current status
Buh lyk sum pple av said...take tym 2 knw him beta
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Guy job no they nigeria that security man might be a graduate after all the guy is caring as long as he can take good care of ur sister let them be jare
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2013
My brother, count it all joy that your sis has found true love. If you want to establish a case against the guy, why not do your own investigations about the person in the security man's uniform or is it a sin to now be gainfully employed as one? I remember some years ago a man I met as the security at FCMB Ota, he was the head of that unit but he was still trying to further his education.we got talking and was amazed at his depth of reasoning,the amplitude of his vision and the kind of networks he has built while in his security position over time. Bros If you want a happy life for your sis, never ever base it on outward status...or be dissapointed by her choice, because a security man today can rise to become the CEO in the nearest time as no condition is permanent.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ngokafor(f): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2013
COOLDUN:

Visit TB Joshua at SCOAN for your deliverance you need it because you have found a consoling advice from the OP.His service is free and it will make you famous too. Nwanamanshogi !!!

....Lol!..you've got it bad i must say..sorry..*walks away*..
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by satuma10: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2013
w[b]ell every reasonable being that understands life and its nature suppose not to draw a conclusion on this young man as a security man because most great men in the world today passed through hard time i.e some pushed barrows,some ordinary messenger while some houseboys but today they commands respect in the society so my sister go closer to the young security man ,find out his level of intelligent,the level of love he has for your sister etc before condemning him with his job OK and don't forget to be prayerful on any step that your sister want to take.best of luck

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Sweetlemon(f): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Pardon me please. I am almost 29 years old, I have been there, done that. And I will always tell my ladies NEVER NEVER date/marry a poor man who has no solid potentials in him.

Please forget all the he's kind, loving, gentle crap. Most broke guys are VERY good when it comes to identifying damsels in distress. They can smell a love-starved woman frm miles away and they take full advantage of this. Most broke guys are usually kind, loving, and gentle cos that's all they have to offer! Even then, after a while, after they ve gotten married and settled down to real life, you will start seeing their true colours. You will then start seeing how insecure he can be and my dears, I wouldn't wish that for my worst enemy! God designed the man to be the head of the family, and being the head also means having enough to stand well on his own two feet (even if the woman may be earning more)

Dear OP, talk to your sister, also try getting close to this guy to see what he has inside of him. Is he a 2nd class upper graduate? Does he have a determined spirit? Does he strive to be better? Does he have goals, dreams, ambition? If you can't honestly find these things, do what you can to stop your sister from marrying him! Also and most importantly, Check if your sister has been giving him money, gifts, etc. If she is, then your sister is on a long thing......

3 Likes

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by BolaHammed(f): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
That doesn't mean being a security man, he cant make it in life. You never knw God's plan for him so be patient and let ur sister marry whom she love
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by aris: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
My sister has not been so lucky in love. She dated a guy who was abusive and really dealt with her, which is really painful as she's the most loving girl any guy can have.

Later, I got to know this new guy from her Facebook. He seemed decent enough. And then later I was utterly shocked to see him working as a security man at a bank.

I feel so disappointed in my sis. Is that the best She can do? Can't she get a decent man with a decent job?

i don't seem to understand what this guy is talking about. first he is pained that she can't find good guys and when she finally does he is talkin about decent job...if you care so much about your sis, give the DECENT guy a DECENT job...who even says security job is not decent.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by sauceEEP(m): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2013
honestly speaking i will not be happy if i discover that my sister is dating a security guard,so @ op just chill and allow nature to take its cause. chances are that your sister has been battered emotionally no thanks to her last relationship so what you need to do is to guide her and refrain from dictating to her what to do. not that the guy has proposed to her or has he? if they both are serious about taking the relationship to the next level, then do a thorough background check on the guy. make sure he is a guy with good prospects before you throw in your support.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2013
don't worry dude, at least she will have job SECURITY
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2013
Sweetlemon: Pardon me please. I am almost 29 years old, I have been there, done that. And I will always tell my ladies NEVER NEVER date/marry a poor man who has no solid potentials in him.

Please forget all the he's kind, loving, gentle crap. Most broke guys are VERY good when it comes to identifying damsels in distress. They can smell a love-hungry woman frm miles away and they take full advantage of this. Most broke guys are usually kind, loving, and gentle cos that's all they have to offer! Even then, after a while, after they ve gotten married and settled down to real life, you will start seeing their true colours. You will then start seeing how insecure he can be and my dears, I wouldn't wish that for my worst enemy! God designed the man to be the head of the family, and being the head also means having enough to stand well on his own two feet (even if the woman may be earning more)

Dear OP, talk to your sister, also try getting close to this guy to see what he has inside of him. Is he a 2nd class upper graduate? Does he have a determined spirit? Does he strive to be better? Does he have goals, dreams, ambition? If you can't honestly find these things, do what you can to stop your sister from marrying him! Also and most importantly, Check if your sister has been giving him money, gifts, etc. If she is, then your sister is on a long thing......
Lemonadeeeee! I like ur intro o! Lmaoooo!

1 Like

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by FabulousAutos(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmm! Surprised at the comments here.
Anyway, I worked as a security man between 2005 - 2006 when I could not get a better job after losing my job, before I eventually got a job in the Oil & Gas sector. I'm sure the story would have been different if he was a "yahoo guy".
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by jaybee3(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Would you rather she date a yahoo boy?

Chei no hope for awon bois mehn..

It's hard in the jungle... Get rich or die trying i suppose cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Smartiegurl(f): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lemonadeeeee! I like ur intro o! Lmaoooo!
you don dey find wahala abi? You no go focus on the thread bah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do I Save My Friend From The Claws Of A Manipulative Woman? / A Strange Love / Why do Most Nigerian Men Fall In Love Soooo Quickly!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.