Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive (19349 Views)

Nollywood Actresses Get Buried Alive In New Movie Scene (Photos) / Pa Ogungbe Is Dead, Veteran Nollywood Actor ! / Mirror Boy Rakes In Over N12m In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nollywood actor, Olukayode Odumosu popularly known as Pa Kasumu is struggling to stay alive at LUTH as he battles heart and liver diseases; “secondary prevention of repeat stroke,” after a previous stroke. The 60-year old actor says, “I have spent so much on these diseases. When it was first diagnosed, the doctors said the ailment was severe, that they would need to control its progression for it not to affect my kidneys. This they did, and I was happy they succeeded, but now, other serious ailments have set in, necessitating this battle of survival. I am not tired yet; I still want to continue to make people laugh, but my failing health is a terrible obstacle.”

Pa Kasumu has been battling with re-occurring illness since 2009. In 2011, news went viral that he reportedly suffered from stroke, but bounced back and was at the first edition of AfricaMagic Viewers Choice Awards held in Lagos in early 2013.

He wants Nigerians, corporate organizations and the Government to help him stay alive because he can’t pay for his treatment which will cost N12m.

To donate to the actor, please find his bank details below.
Olukayode Olugbenga Odumosu.
Diamond Bank account number: 0036059543.

Telephone numbers: 08033535159 and 08096762254.
His son, Tunde’s num 08174435105.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=125536

MY TAKE ON THIS: We are the one killing these actors and they are also contributing to their own deaths too. How? How can an actor work for 40 years and cannot boast of less than $100,000? How will they have money when we keep buying their works from pirates at Alaba International Market? Many of these actors and so-called celebrities in Nigeria are as poor as anything, they only exist on fame. We need to purchase non-pirated copies of their works and make them rich. They should also drag pirates to court and claim compensation and stop leaving ‘everything to God’, that makes no sense. Intellectual theft is a major crime. I cannot imagine Will Smith begging Americans to donate money for his ailment. Let us help our artistes by not buying from pirates. That said, I think the governor of his state should pick the bill and they should not make any useless political propaganda noise over it because na dem no provide excellent public health facilities in the first place (I imagine the number of Nigerians who are not popular and are dying from various diseases EVERYDAY. WAKE UP NIGERIANS).

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

www.olawaleoni..com

13 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by debedebe(m): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Almighty God will heal Him IJN...

5 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by crystalsaint(f): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Heeyah....God will touch the heart of Nigerians so they can help...very funny man.

1 Like

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Caracta(f): 12:12am On Oct 08, 2013
I love this man. Please help him. No matter how little. I'll do the little i can. Please do yours. Save a life. Plsssssssssssssssssssss cry

Keep holding on, Mr. Kay. God will heal you.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2013
The actors guild of Nigeria is still in existence that I'm sure of, they should have released this in an official statement, I'm also aware the yoruba actors and actresses also have an association, why have they not come out to solicit for support on his behalf?
I smell something fishy here, anyone could open a bank account to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians and again an unknown is not a credible source

3 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Issfat: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
mod, front page pls!

1 Like

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Eyah undecided
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Lionbite(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
But truth be said, in 2weeks you would have more than enough, just let the actors/actress start showing off their money. As for me i would love to donate but na N170 dey my hand the time this report was filed.

2 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Codedrock(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
WHAT A PITY.. But dont worry.. Amma wire 1k into that account right away..

1 Like

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by suxes2005(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
I pray he find helpers soon
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ogbeche77: The actors guild of Nigeria is still in existence that I'm sure of, they should have released this in an official statement, I'm also aware the yoruba actors and actresses also have an association, why have they not come out to solicit for support on his behalf?
I smell something fishy here, anyone could open a bank account to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians and again an unknown is not a credible source

Mo'R'on, is Osundefender a ?

2 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by dridowu: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Get well soon sir
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Don't really know what to say! So sad!!
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by fingard02k(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
cant donate but will pray for you
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Don't really know what to say! So sad!!
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by alfredo4u(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
May God provide amidst of ASUU strike.
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by creativemusic: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
please the actors guilds association should help this man. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Swot26(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
God save us from all this strange diseases........God will help you Sir....
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by humpito(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
May God heal him.
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by icebick(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hummmm.... Xo xad, bt i knw God wil direct a helper 2 u, i wish u success in ur operation
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by AbuMikey(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
All is gonna be well
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
You see! You see! Oh before I forget" pls stay alive sir , we love you much may God be with you and I'm very sure we'll meet the health bill demand very soon" , much love grin
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Jensenelizz(m): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dnt really know him bt i have watch sum of his movie......get well soon sir

unto other news
abeg anybody wey dey use lumia 720 make im surface ooo,,i bought mine yesterday only to see dat dere was no power boost or nokia battery boost and i bought mine 4 #34,000k @ ikeja,........shey anbody notice d same diff for deir own when dem unbox am......abeg help ooo
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Emerald94(f): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
silver and gold have i none bt what i have i will give to you,,,,,u are healed IJN

1 Like

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by nerodenero: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
OP has a valid point because piracy is really having adverse effect on our celebrities but at the same,it is highly annoying and totally unacceptable that a star will come down with an ailment and after a little while 'a cry for help' becomes the slogan or song.Again,we need to drum it so hard to their hearing that it is always good to save for rainning days.Get well soon Pa!
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by blink6(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
why won't they charge someone who isnt a celeb that amount? doctors dn dae look face sha!!! And why go to an hospital u cant afford it bill(s)?
so many question already. Forgive Me... Just get well soon.
#God will heal you... no worry.
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by Fishout(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
They should also announce on mass median so that many people will aware about his healthy nd contribute for him.May God touch his life.
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by 4reigningqueen: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Fishout: They should also announce on mass median so that many people will aware about his healthy nd contribute for him.May God touch his life.

RIP Johnny English.

6 Likes

Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by yomalex(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
hmm
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by sureway1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
fingard02k: cant donate but will pray for you
Not even N100
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by pembisco(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sir i recoment u gv ur life 2 jesus christ then go to SCOAN
Re: Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive by sureway1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Emerald94: silver and gold have i none bt what i have i will give to you,,,,,u are healed IJN
Haba not even N100
aka glue..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Produced 416 Movies In The First Three Months Of 2021 - NBS / Legend Extra Stout To Sponsor Big Brother Naija Double Wahala / Mara And Clara (Phillipino Soap Opera)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.