Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 (3853 Views)

Exxonmobil 2015 Graduate /experienced Hire Recruitment / NLNG Experienced Hire Result Is Out!! / Stanbic IBTC Interview For Experienced Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by AllGood: 4:20am On Oct 08, 2013
Finally, the application process for 'NLNG Experienced Hire - September 2013' closed yesterday 07/10/13 as evident on http://www.nlng.com/PageEngine.aspx?&id=118. Though an experienced hire, it was noted that there could be a job Test as there was the option of choosing a desired Test Centre.

So while we wait to hear from NLNG on the next step (probably the Test) in the recruitment process, could we please use this forum to share tips, ideas, updates et al. that could aid our successful applications.
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by windud: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2013
I also applied and am expecting to be called for the test. I chose PH as my test and interview venues. I applied for project cost engineers' position
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by AllGood: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
windud: I also applied and am expecting to be called for the test. I chose PH as my test and interview venues. I applied for project cost engineers' position

But any idea as to what the test format is like?
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by windud: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
No idea as to when they will start calling. I wrote the test in 2006 for GT then but couldnt scale tru the second test. Then it was more of secondary school physic/chem questions for stage 1, stage two was very tough, i mean very tough but no time. I wasnt surprised when i was not successful though. I now hope the standard or pattern must have changed
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by AllGood: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Any latest info on this NLNG recruitment? Application has closed for almost 4 weeks now. Any info on how shortlisted candidates would be contacted?
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by delbourg: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
Please house what is the salary range for experienced engineers at NLNG.An unconfirmed report has it that they pay the highest for experienced engineers among the upstream oil and gas companies
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by delbourg: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
AllGood: Finally, the application process for 'NLNG Experienced Hire - September 2013' closed yesterday 07/10/13 as evident on http://www.nlng.com/PageEngine.aspx?&id=118. Though an experienced hire, it was noted that there could be a job Test as there was the option of choosing a desired Test Centre.

So while we wait to hear from NLNG on the next step (probably the Test) in the recruitment process, could we please use this forum to share tips, ideas, updates et al. that could aid our successful applications.
I have a feeling that aptitude test might be waived since the positions advertised are for experienced hires
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by Underdogg(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
Most recruitment efforts by big companies take forever.
I guess aptitude tests are a means of narrowing down the applicants... so if NLNG receive a jillion applications, they may need to slash down the numbers with aptitude tests.
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by AllGood: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
delbourg: Please house what is the salary range for experienced engineers at NLNG.An unconfirmed report has it that they pay the highest for experienced engineers among the upstream oil and gas companies

I can't be sure of figures at the moment. But one thing is sure, NLNG would be making you an offer you can't refuse.
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by delbourg: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Any news from NLNG concerning these positions?
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by windud: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
No news oo. I have not heard from them for the experienced job we applied for. I applied as a contract engineer
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by Didyouknow: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
delbourg: Any news from NLNG concerning these positions?

I talked to someone in nlng hr last friday, and he confirmed that they haven't gotten across to anyone yet because they received so many applications. Moreover, it seems they are more busied up with the entry level recruitment currently going on.
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by windud: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
We dey wait for them, Gbam
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by BlessedFellow: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
windud: No idea as to when they will start calling. I wrote the test in 2006 for GT then but couldnt scale tru the second test. Then it was more of secondary school physic/chem questions for stage 1, stage two was very tough, i mean very tough but no time. I wasnt surprised when i was not successful though. I now hope the standard or pattern must have changed

Quick questions: Were you assessed in any other subject apart from physics and chemistry in the first stage? Could you please give more details on how the first stage was like in terms of duration and number of Q? Was the second stage GMAT?

Thanks a million!
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by delbourg: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Didyouknow:

I talked to someone in nlng hr last friday, and he confirmed that they haven't gotten across to anyone yet because they received so many applications. Moreover, it seems they are more busied up with the entry level recruitment currently going on.
an unconfirmed report says they will be sending invites in January/February
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by windud: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
BLESSEDFELLOW WROTE:

Quick questions: Were you assessed in any other subject apart from physics and chemistry in the first stage? Could you please give more details on how the first stage was like in terms of duration and number of Q? Was the second stage GMAT?

i could remember mechanics, machines, electrolysis and stuffs like that. very elementary questions related to our daily technical life- techonology (intro tech) were also a major part of the first stage. the second stage was simply GMAT kind of shapes or what do u call it, of about 60 or so questions with only 5 or so minutes. the time was grossly inadequate, and i couldn't pass it.

almost the whole country wrote the those tests in Abuja (I tink) March 2006 and just about 200-300 sat the second stage out of about say 6,000 applicants who sat the first stage.

LNG second stage exams was the toughest aptitude test I ever wrote as a fresh graduate then.

It is well. This is our time. One love all.
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by BlessedFellow: 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing with me. I am very grateful. Amen! This is our time. I will do the little preparation I can and leave the rest. May God help us!

Cheers!
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by gj: 5:24am On Oct 16, 2015
I 've been on waiting list since April. However, they just sent me mail last week asking me to indicate availability and interest. Guys Any hope?
Re: Re: NLNG 'Experienced' Hire - September 2013 by Zegechi: 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
]I 've been on waiting list since April. However, they just sent me mail last week asking me to indicate availability and interest. Guys Any hope?[/quote]

did they specify how long you had to be on the waiting list

(1) (Reply)

An International School In Abuja Recruiting Teachers / Ever Gotten A Job From The Nairaland Job Vacancy Section? / Genuine Recruitment Agencies In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.