Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey - Fashion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (314267 Views)

Growing Nigerian Hair Long- Relaxed Or Natural / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by udysweet(f): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Came across this ACV at tradefair in one of those big cosmetics shops there. Dddnt hav enof on me afta buying oda things but I definitely wld go back and buy(praying the price dsnt differ,lol)
Its good for dandruff and itchy scalp right? Cos dos 2 are my worst nightmares
toyosimi:
ACV is Apple cider vinegar. Note: it's better to get acv with mother in it,inside d liquid are some settled particles(I.e mother) it's best and can be found in any big supermarket where der r foreign products
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Destinygrl(f): 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
my hair is stuck at bsb like forever
it hate deep conditioners or anything that's makes water to stay too long on my hair
plz hw can I grow and retain length
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by GoldSignatures: 11:37am On Feb 27, 2016
Get your Cantu hair products at a very affordable prices.

This brand offers you a wider range of natural hair products to suit whatever you desire to achieve with your hair

Shampoo,Conditioner,Co-wash,Leave-in,Deep masque,Curling cream,Detangler,Grow strong cream,Twist n lock gel,Daily moisturizer

We also have CANTU Care4Kids
✔shampoo
✔conditioner
✔Detangler
✔Curling cream
✔Styling custard

whatsapp 08067383592 or join our BBM channel C002033BE

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by onoslove(f): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
Anniebissy:
This is mine for two years
Did you just say this is your natural hair, and you have just grown it for two years.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by onoslove(f): 12:50am On Feb 28, 2016
NappilyNigerian:
This is the oil and it costs N3500. You can get it from beautifullynappy.com, kaymu.com and nappilynigeriangirl.com
All sources ship nationwide.

There are only 30 bottles available each month, so hurry while stocks last!
I want to order for for, but how do I use it
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
I have Cantu products for sale.

Whatsapp 08056334760

Instagram and facebook: @naturalistiq9ja

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by maneattraction: 11:47pm On May 05, 2016
my hair is stuck at bsb like forever
it hate deep conditioners or anything that's makes water to stay too long on my hair
plz hw can I grow and retain length

@Destinygrl, there could actually be a lot of reasons why your hair isn't growing.

But for starters, when is the last time you trimmed your hair?

And have you done a protein treatment recently?

The last time I was stuck at the same length I realized it was because I had lots of split ends and because my hair would just break off with any little touch. But after I trimmed my ends and did a protein treatment to strengthen the hair, there was a lot of improvement.

Nnaya
Mane Attraction Global

1 Share

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Miracle212(f): 7:00am On May 06, 2016
maneattraction:

@Destinygrl, there could actually be a lot of reasons why your hair isn't growing.

The last time I was stuck at the same length I realized it was because I had lots of split ends and because my hair would just break off with any little touch. But after I trimmed my ends and did a protein treatment to strengthen the hair, there was a lot of improvement.

Nnaya
Mane Attraction Global
Good morning, My hair is neck length(very full), do I also need to trim if I want it to grow past shoulder length and can you pls explain the protein treatment. Thank you
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by seunkeji5(f): 7:02am On May 06, 2016
maneattraction:

Nnaya
Mane Attraction Global
Please what can one use as protein treatment?
also I just steam my hair few days ago, but it still break each time I comb it wat can be the cause?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Destinygrl(f): 11:46am On May 06, 2016
maneattraction:

Nnaya
Mane Attraction Global
your hair is gorgeous and so are you

I have never trimmed my hair bc I don't experience split ends

last protein treatment on sunday. I read alot of good reviews about aphogee 2 minutes , I want to start using it as my protein treatment.

the fact that my hair doesn't like anything that has water to stay for too long on my hair like deep conditioner and the rest makes me more confused on what I'm doing wrong
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by taif(f): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2016
Pls I need an advice. Can I use onion and garlic treatment immediately after re touching
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2016
New batch now available. Get yours and grow your hair longer. No more breakage, hairloss, split ends, brittleness! Price N3500 only. Order by sending an email to nappilynigeriangirl@gmail.com

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by kalimera101: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nice thread. Been natural since 2013, then cut it off again Feb.
On the other leg, I'm an independent Natural hair stylist. Living in Calabar at the moment. I usually do Home Service. Contact Me on 08025646531 for your natural hair styling at affordable prices.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Narnah(f): 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
For your unrefined sheabutter and virgin coconut oil. Please do contact 08151923672. Thanks

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by goldenblack: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2016
I moisturise and seal at night with rose water and glycerin and seal with coconut oil conditioner..... wear protective style daily....cover hair with satin scarf while sleeping....I wash weekly with Dudu osun soap as shampoo though I make use of those common conditioner but i make sure add some oils... though I just want to try my monthly treatment with emily millionaire coconut oil and herb, Shea butter,placentyne,and egg as my protein treatment........ please is my regime right what should I add and what should I remove please help me out.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by grandeoj09(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2016
As your hair falling as of result of tight braids or alopecia. Have you lost your edges through post pregnancy shedding? Get Longer and Healthy Hair, Great for hair loss.
*Get Longer Hair
*Stop shedding
*Great For Hot Oil Treatment
Try our Stimulating Growth oil and Shea cocoa souffle (hair and body butter) infused with the finest herbs and essential oils. Ingredients include rosemary leaves, Castor oil, peppermint oil, Wholesalers are welcome too.

Whatapp us on 08186730813
www.instagram.com/zebellecurlsnatural
facebook: zebellecurlsnatural

1 Share

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by frob0genius(f): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Can someone recommend nice hairstyles I can make with this length of hair. Note that I don't want any form of attachment. Thanks

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2016
goldenblack:
I moisturise and seal at night with rose water and glycerin and seal with coconut oil conditioner..... wear protective style daily....cover hair with satin scarf while sleeping....I wash weekly with Dudu osun soap as shampoo though I make use of those common conditioner but i make sure add some oils... though I just want to try my monthly treatment with emily millionaire coconut oil and herb, Shea butter,placentyne,and egg as my protein treatment........ please is my regime right what should I add and what should I remove please help me out.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2016
goldenblack:

Your regimen is nice,but I think you should substitute the dudu osun with raw black soap or mix it with honey so your hair doesn't dry.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2016
frob0genius:
Can someone recommend nice hairstyles I can make with this length of hair. Note that I don't want any form of attachment. Thanks

finger coil and coil out,twist out,bantu knot out. Actually they are numerous,but you can add nice braiding patterns to the afore mentioned styles.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by kalimera101: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Call 08025646531 for crotchet box braids. Limited Stock available Small Braids 2000 30pcs per pack Medium 1700 15pcs per pack
Black Blue ombre twists 50ocs per pack 3000
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by kalimera101: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Call 08025646531 for crotchet box braids. Limited Stock available Small Braids 2000 30pcs per pack Medium 1700 15pcs per pack
Black Blue ombre twists 50ocs per pack 3000

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by CashNaira96: 8:47am On Sep 11, 2016
NappilyNigerian:
New batch now available. Get yours and grow your hair longer. No more breakage, hairloss, split ends, brittleness! Price N3500 only. Order by sending an email to nappilynigeriangirl@gmail.com
pls can this also work 4 guys and how is it applied? As i want 2 increase my hair growth too.. Or can u recommend any thing for guys
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by grandeoj09(m): 3:33am On Feb 04, 2017
Sheacocoa souffle hair and body butter super great for all hair types. It's rich, creamy and moistures the hair. It's provides softness, hair elastic and bounce. It's blended with pure and vegan oil and butters like Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and so much more. It's 100 % pure and vegan. No chemical, no mineral oil and no paraben. It's totally great for skin and moistures the skin.

Price N1500

Call to order 0811 915 9983 .

Visit www.instagram.com/zebellecurlsnatural for more info and testimonies.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
HOW TO AVOID TANGLES IN YOUR HAIR

Having hair that tangles easily makes washing and styling of the hair a nightmare. It also robs the hair of length as trying to detangle breaks off the hair making it look like your hair isn't growing. Infact this is one of the main reasons most women opt for chemical relaxers as they have no idea how to get rid of tangles on natural hair.
With proper methods I will list below, tangling and knotting can be reduced to the barest minimum and take down and washing of your hair will be a breeze.
First of all, you need to eliminate the possible causes of tangling.

- Is the hair dry and brittle?
Dryness causes curly/coily hair to knot up on itself much like a leaf curling up when it's dry. This can lead to tangles. When the hair is in protective styles made with extensions, it is difficult to properly moisturise the hair as it is encased in the extensions.
There is an erroneous belief that application of oil based products like hair grease, waxes, oil sheen spray is sufficient to keep the hair moisturised. This is not true as the only moisturiser is WATER. The oil/grease simply coat the hair and attract dust and lint which intertwines with your hair causing it to tangle on take down.
To prevent tangles due to dryness and brittleness, it's important to use a water based moisturiser mixed with natural oils that is absorbed by the scalp and hair. There are commercial braid sprays such as Just For Me Braid Release available that you can use to keep your hair moisturised in the protective style and during take down.
You can make yours with this simple recipe:
Mix 1tbs aloe vera juice + 1 tsp olive oil (or any light natural oil) + 100ml distilled water in a spray bottle and apply to hair daily.

- What hair products do you use?
Like I said above, using water based products to moisturise and hydrate your hair prevents dryness and knots.
Petroleum based oils and waxes clog your pores, attracts dusts and lint increasing the likelihood of tangles. They also coat the hair strands and keep water out of the hair strands. This is good if your hair has been properly hydrated prior to application but bad if it hasn't.
Avoid products containing alcohol unless it's fatty alcohol as it dries out your hair.
Do you cleanse your scalp and hair while in protective style? Opt for a sulfate free shampoo instead such as..... http://www.nappilynigeriangirl.com/2013/01/nappy-q-how-to-prevent-tangles-in.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by bigbrownnn: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
Save your money & Grow yourself some real hair! It's either Hairplus or nothing angry grin grin epp yoursef now ! info@folliclehairplus.com

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Hairytales: 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
If you aren't growing hair with the right product then you are better off doing something else.. grin grin cool. Help yourself! folliclehairplus@gmail.com
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Hairytales: 12:01am On Apr 26, 2017
@follicleplus Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube! ... you'll finally grow the hair you been searching 4 by force undecided[sup][/sup] grin grin
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by bigbrownnn: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by grandeoj09(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
SPECIAL INDEPENDENCE DAY DISCOUNTS SALE

GET 10 % OFF THE STARTER PACK FOR JUST N7000 PLUS FREE SHIPPING

Are you transitioning or already have natural hair?
Are you having hair issues like breakage or shedding?
What thicker and healthy hair?
Are you having weightless hair?
Wait no more, try our starter kit which includes 6 products to start up your healthy.

Contains
1.Moisturizing black soap shampoo with lemongrass and Nettle leaf
2.Intensive coconut milk conditioner treatment
3.Hair Mask
4.Leave in lotion
5.Curl Creme Custard
6. Stimulating Growth Oil

Ends on October 1st 2017 11:59pm Est

TO ORDER CALL /WHATAPP US 08186730813

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by StyleAfos(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by michellewoods: 10:27am On Jun 01, 2022
Male pattern baldness is a condition that affects men more often than women. It’s a gradual process in which the hair on the scalp gradually recedes, leading to a decrease in hair density and volume. balding can start at any age, but it typically becomes noticeable by the late twenties or early thirties. Read more https://michellewoodshairstylist.com/male-pattern-baldness/

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ankara Styles / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) / stylish kareena kapoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.