Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (314371 Views)

Growing Nigerian Hair Long- Relaxed Or Natural / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by beautifulynappy(f): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
IFY124: thank you so much. I have learnt a lot of new things.God bless you

Thank you I am so flattered God bless you too. Say thank you to @Napily Nigerian as well for creating this lovely forum! Enjoy the remainder of your day cheesy.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by JOYCEOUS(f): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
beautifulynappy:

Thank you I am so flattered God bless you too. Say thank you to @Napily Nigerian as well for creating this lovely forum! Enjoy the remainder of your day cheesy.

Yes ooo! Thank you NappilyNigerian, you too much.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by angelarababy(f): 5:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Good articles smiley
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by GentleMimi: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hi,NappilyNigerian,pls i really need to run this by u.I read ur posts and browsed the net and came up wif this hair regimen.Pls i need ur opinion...
1. Pre-shampoo with a warm mixture of olive oil,coconut oil,castor oil and coconut milk,cover with a shower cap overnight.
2. Shampoo wash
3. rinse with ACV dilution,leave for 5mins
4. condition with a mixture of my hair fruits conditioner,honey,coconut oil and olive oil(cover with a shower cap for 30 mins).Rinse off.
5. Seal with a mix of emillymillonaire and oils
6. an occassional deep conditioning which involves a mixture of natural ingredients such as eggs,honey,avocado,oils etc
7. Daily moisturizing with glycerine,water,emilymillonaire...and finally sealing with coconut oil and shea butter. *sighs*! All this for hair! Na wa oooo.
So what do u think? Any additions or corrections? I want to start this week.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2013
JOYCEOUS:

Yes ooo! Thank you NappilyNigerian, you too much.

Awwww! Thanks guys! Really appreciate your encouragement! Happy Healthy Hair Journey!
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2013
GentleMimi: Hi,NappilyNigerian,pls i really need to run this by u.I read ur posts and browsed the net and came up wif this hair regimen.Pls i need ur opinion...
1. Pre-shampoo with a warm mixture of olive oil,coconut oil,castor oil and coconut milk,cover with a shower cap overnight.
2. Shampoo wash
3. rinse with ACV dilution,leave for 5mins
4. condition with a mixture of my hair fruits conditioner,honey,coconut oil and olive oil(cover with a shower cap for 30 mins).Rinse off.
5. Seal with a mix of emillymillonaire and oils
6. an occassional deep conditioning which involves a mixture of natural ingredients such as eggs,honey,avocado,oils etc
7. Daily moisturizing with glycerine,water,emilymillonaire...and finally sealing with coconut oil and shea butter. *sighs*! All this for hair! Na wa oooo.
So what do u think? Any additions or corrections? I want to start this week.

You have a good routine going on, the only thing is that Emily Millionaire works best as a rinse off deep conditioner than a leave in conditioner because it causes build up over time.

Also be sure to warm the honey before use as raw honey has the tendency to lighten your hair. That's why it's good as a spot remover on skin.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by rofemiguwa(f): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Must u go under steam before u cAn sucessfully DC.I normall rub my mayonaise mix.cover with plastic cap and leave on for 1hr.is dt enuf or I must steam d hair.please reply
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by GentleMimi: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
NappilyNigerian:

You have a good routine going on, the only thing is that Emily Millionaire works best as a rinse off deep conditioner than a leave in conditioner because it causes build up over time.

Also be sure to warm the honey before use as raw honey has the tendency to lighten your hair. That's why it's good as a spot remover on skin.
Thanks dear.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by tomakint: 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sunehri_145: Thanks
Damn....you are beautiful...I hardly say this, but in your case, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! wink
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Dciano: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Well ladies, i cant help but enjoy dis topic. Thanks nappilybeautiful 4d info. cheers!!!! wink[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
rofemiguwa: Must u go under steam before u cAn sucessfully DC.I normall rub my mayonaise mix.cover with plastic cap and leave on for 1hr.is dt enuf or I must steam d hair.please reply

No, you mustn't go under a steamer to get the full benefits of your DC. Your body heat is sufficient to let your treatments sink in even though you have to wait for las long as 30mins instead of about 15mins with a steamer.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
I've been thinking about the ultimate protective style that will keep my hair hidden but look fabulous.

While braids and twists with extensions are good protective styles, the problem is that your hair strands are still exposed within the extensions and when the braiders are trying to neaten it with the scissors, they snip off some hair that managed to escape at the sides.
A lot of that and you lose a lot of length. This is in addition to the extensions being heavy and being braided too tight.

So what styles do I think are at least 99% protective?

Yarn wraps,
Crochet weaves
Regular weaves
Marley braids or twists (no snips to smoothen anything and they are chunky enough to hide your hair)
Wigs

These keep your hair completely hidden away from the elements.

Runner ups,

Yarn braids
Box braids
Senegalese twists
Good ole bun
Inverted beehive ( protects the ends beautifully, so little breakage)
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by GetGuide: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
@ tomanik hope am correct thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by tomakint: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sunehri_145: @ tomanik hope am correct thanks
Nope you are not angry angry angry it's tomakint wink wink wink
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kai. I'm tempted to post "before" and "after" pictures of my hair in the last 6 months cool

Y'all will be amazed. grin grin
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by dynamicbuzz(f): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
funkybaby: Kai. I'm tempted to post "before" and "after" pictures of my hair in the last 6 months cool

Y'all will be amazed. grin grin

Plsssssssss post!
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Egbagirl(f): 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
My hair grew!!!! shocked shocked it used to be just over half of this length a few months ago. Don't know what I did though. Perhaps it was the braiding? But the downside of that is the edges. Taking a one week break before I braid again

2 Likes

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^^^congrats girl grin I know that feeling.

Your edges look okay to me. You can keep applying castor oil or the Jamaican black castor oil. It works wonders on edges.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
dynamicbuzz:

Plsssssssss post!

Kai. grin okay ma. grin
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Egbagirl(f): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
funkybaby: ^^^^congrats girl grin I know that feeling.

Your edges look okay to me. You can keep applying castor oil or the Jamaican black castor oil. It works wonders on edges.

Thanks!! grin erm I tried castor oil once and when I took out my braids, my hair came out as well. I wasn't too excited undecided might give it a shot again. Or perhaps I'll just a do the castor oil
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by dynamicbuzz(f): 1:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Egba girl: My hair grew!!!! shocked shocked it used to be just over half of this length a few months ago. Don't know what I did though. Perhaps it was the braiding? But the downside of that is the edges. Taking a one week break before I braid again

Congrats!!!! I'm happy for u
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Egbagirl(f): 1:45am On Nov 25, 2013
dynamicbuzz:

Congrats!!!! I'm happy for u

Thank you!! cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Egba girl:

Thanks!! grin erm I tried castor oil once and when I took out my braids, my hair came out as well. I wasn't too excited undecided might give it a shot again. Or perhaps I'll just a do the castor oil

You can also try a mixture of castor oil, coconut oil and Extra virgin Olive oil. This mix works wonders.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Egbagirl(f): 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
funkybaby:

You can also try a mixture if castor oil, coconut oil and Extra virgin Olive oil. This mix works wonders.

nice nice!! Thanks for that. Will get the castor and olive oil asap. I have coconut oil already. Going to get braids in but will apply that to my front everyday.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Egbagirl(f): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
funkybaby: [IMG]http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab229/Funkysexy/image_zpsd19fc61f.jpg[/IMG]

I am really amazed! From grass to grace sometin grin grin grin when I saw the first pic, I was like huh? Then I went to your previous posts and saw what you wrote, then I now understood. Was this recent?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by funkybaby(f): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Egba girl:

I am really amazed! From grass to grace sometin grin grin grin when I saw the first pic, I was like huh? Then I went to your previous posts and saw what you wrote, then I now understood. Was this recent?

As innnnnnnnnnnnnnn..... Serious grass to grace grin grin grin

Yep, they are recent pics.

the first picture was taken in 11/06/2013 while the second was taken 27/10/2013

Lemme try and upload the pix again.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Egba girl:

nice nice!! Thanks for that. Will get the castor and olive oil asap. I have coconut oil already. Going to get braids in but will apply that to my front everyday.

If you want less breakage by the time you take down your braids, deep condition your hair a day or two before. Then the day you want to braid, apply the castor oil mix from root to ends. Also make sure it isn't braided too tight.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 12:57am On Nov 27, 2013
How to grow your hairline after damage. This recipe takes a month or two to see results and is my go to recipe if all else fails. I don't use it often so my hair doesn't get used to it and then it stops working and I have to try out another recipe. This particular one took me months to formulate.

1 tbs of Chinese balm + 1 multivitamin capsule contents + 2 tbs each of olive oil, coconut oil and amla oil + 1 tsp of sulfur ointment.
Apply this mixture on freshly washed scalp and everyday to hairline and thinning areas until it grows out.
Once it grows, discontinue and maintain new growth with suitable products.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by JadeWilliam(f): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hi peeps.I hope I'm welcomed 2d chat room.Pls o I hav som questions.Is coconut oil d same as palm kernel oil?&whch one is alma oil&mustard oil? Where is it sold?

2ndly,is castor oil d ones sold in supermarkts dat's in cream form?

3rdly,how can I grow my baby girl's hair? Sh's goin to 2.Her hair breaks a lot.I barbed it wen sh was a year but it stil didn't grow 2gether.Now i usually plait it wit wool&want 2giv braids a break 4now&grow her natural hair if I get good hair recipe frm here.Whch hair shampoo,conditioner&products wil help wit hair growth?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Jade William: Hi peeps.I hope I'm welcomed 2d chat room.Pls o I hav som questions.Is coconut oil d same as palm kernel oil?&whch one is alma oil&mustard oil? Where is it sold?

2ndly,is castor oil d ones sold in supermarkts dat's in cream form?

3rdly,how can I grow my baby girl's hair? Sh's goin to 2.Her hair breaks a lot.I barbed it wen sh was a year but it stil didn't grow 2gether.Now i usually plait it wit wool&want 2giv braids a break 4now&grow her natural hair if I get good hair recipe frm here.Whch hair shampoo,conditioner&products wil help wit hair growth?

Hi, you're always welcome and more. Coconut oil is different from palm kernel oil. Coconut oil comes from coconuts while palm kernel oil comes from the Palm fruit. The palm fruit is the one used to get red palm oil. Palm Kernel Oil is gotten from the seed/nut within the palm fruit and is dark brown (if roasted ) to very light yellow (if cold pressed).
Both oils are similar chemically which is why you can use one or/and the other.
They help strengthen the hair within and are beneficial to hair growth.

The castor oil sold in cream form is not the pure castor oil. It has simply been added. The castor oil (which is viscous and light yellow) you want is the one found in pharmacies usually as a laxative. This is just one of the uses of castor oil. It is also good for encouraging hair growth and for acne.

For your daughter's hair, it seems to be too fragile for the weight of extensions and I'd advise styling her hair as is.
I'll have to know your current products and regimen to know what's causing the problem of breakage. Pls send me a mail on nappilynigeriangirl@gmail. com so we'll discuss further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Ankara Styles / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) / stylish kareena kapoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.