Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams (14002 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
onegig:

I am not blaming the government and am not even looking at things from his own perspective.

Am just looking at the general view of the Nigerian educational sector. Everyday fees are been increased without the commensurate increase in the pay or some sort alleviation for a greater number of the middle class who struggle to send their wards to school.

Shouldn't there be incentives like scholarships and stuff to encourage the indigent but intelligent ones...What about student soft loans(like them paying half when they graduate or spread it over five years) I guess that's a discussion for another day.

Oh ok. I get your point.

You are right. Especially glo. Always signing up brand ambassadors.

I'm yet to see them conduct any yearly graduate recruitment scheme for fresh graduates. However, they dole out money to footballers and actors every month.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

Erm.... I won't be quick to blame the government on this one.

The OP's case is different. He brought this on himself. You fail your final exams =an extra year.

I'm willing to help because I know people that had an extra year at uni, some two sef that are successful and wealthy today.

So it will be sad if you are unable to finish school because of this small "set back".

Nobody is blaming the government. I didn't brought this on myself because I've never seen a student who will wish for him/herself not to graduate after putting in 4 years of hardwork. Like I said in my first post, I'm not the most intelligent but I'm not dull either. My school is a strict school that if you didn't meet a certain CGPA, you will be asked to withdraw.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
onegig:

I am not blaming the government and am not even looking at things from his own perspective.

Am just looking at the general view of the Nigerian educational sector. Everyday fees are been increased without the commensurate increase in the pay or some sort alleviation for a greater number of the middle class who struggle to send their wards to school.

Shouldn't there be incentives like scholarships and stuff to encourage the indigent but intelligent ones...What about student soft loans(like them paying half when they graduate or spread it over five years) I guess that's a discussion for another day.

There are scholarships but not just enough and most times information about these scholarships are not readily available and most of these scholarships are often restricted to certain courses.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

Oh ok. I get your point.

You are right. Especial glo. Always signing up brand ambassadors.

I'm yet to see them conduct any yearly graduate recruitment scheme for fresh graduates. However, they dole out money to footballers and actors every month.

Yeah...

The so called seventy million they give out to individual artiste if true. Would pay the school fees of 700 students each paying over a 100k. Look at what impact that would have had. But i don't blame them. Each coy has its own policies.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2013
-
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yield: -

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
fineboy2:

I was just wondering if you were from Kwara, that's all. smiley
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yield:
I was just wondering if you were from Kwara, that's all. smiley

No
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2013
@Bellong,how far now? Please,were you able to get the PA to the school's VC? Can you get the OP's details via PM and have the PA confirm if he's actually a student ,if he's owing and how much?

I will see the OP soon and also see his student identity card but id card can be "printed/laminated" just by anyone so your own confirmation is the "surest" .
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2013
ifyalways: @Bellong,how far now? Please,were you able to get the PA to the school's VC? Can you get the OP's details via PM and have the PA confirm if he's actually a student ,if he's owing and how much?

I will see the OP soon and also see his student identity card but id card can be "printed/laminated" just by anyone so your own confirmation is the "surest" .

no need for such wahala. Just ask him to send you his portal details. I.e the login details..all those information would be there. His level, amount owing. Studentship status and anything you might need.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2013
ifyalways: @Bellong,how far now? Please,were you able to get the PA to the school's VC? Can you get the OP's details via PM and have the PA confirm if he's actually a student ,if he's owing and how much?

I got in touch with him, he told me he will get back to me this evening. He was very busy then. I hope to get the information ready this evening. Between, I want to believe the guy is telling the truth, I have done some questioning and confirmed his responses to be true. The major hurdle for him now is for the school to re-open the portal. That is what we are trying to plead with the school to do. So he can pay his fees when he eventually get the full amount.

onegig: no need for such wahala. Just ask him to send you his portal details. I.e the login details..all those information would be there. His level, amount owing. Studentship status and anything you might need.
The PA said the portal has been closed against late payment for now. The VC is out of town, we are trying to see how they can help in re-opening it. Though he said it is the senate decision and they have no control over it. I hope we get a positive solution to his case.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Sounds serious and bad for the OP.
So he still risks an extra year if this portal is not re-opened? Gosh.

May God intervene oh.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2013
ifyalways: Sounds serious and bad for the OP.

May God intervene oh.

AMEN.

Its actually an extra two years. if he is unable to pay for this session, it means he has to stay at home till next year.

@fineboy2
you should not have left things this late before seeking for help
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2013

May God intervene oh.

A big amen to that....But there are always way.

I believe a miracle would happen.

He might even lose studentship if he doesn't pay. That's how cruel some Nigerian rules can be.

[size=3pt]
"If they won't reopen it...i might be willing to help using a backdoor policy . Don't quote me"[/size]
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2013

May God intervene oh.

Amen, we will try our best to see that his payment is accepted. Only hope he can get the full amount because I know if they eventually decide to open the portal, it won't last beyond two days.. We are awaiting the arrival of the VC from his trip.

Meanwhile, I have confirmed his studentship and status for the details and information he supplied to me. He has three carry-overs to retake. Two in the harmattan semester and one in the rain semester.

I wonder why ASUU with all their agitations is yet to give summer school a thought. Summer school is one of the ways to generate good money for the universities. Students with extras can do this without wasting their precious years in school. We still have a long way to go.

4 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2013
H
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
fineboy2: In as much as I appreciate his effort in this regard the problem is that I have not been able to raise additional fund and this may be a problem if the portal is eventually opened.

based on what you've said, you are 64,500 short.

once, its confirmed that the portal has been opened, i will arrange for 25k to be paid into any bank account given to me by ifyalways.

11 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
, you don't want to bother your own family members and your friends, not that they lack money , you want strangers on a website to pay for your schoolfees?

Somebody should make me understand this.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Malachi_Ola: , you don't want to bother your own family members and your friends, not that they lack money , you want strangers on a website to pay for your schoolfees?

There is no such thing as strangers but only friends you haven't met.

7 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
funkybaby:

based on what you've said, you are 64,500 short.

once, its confirmed that the portal has been opened, i will arrange for 25k to be paid into any bank account given to me by ifyalways.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. I am meeting with ifyalways this weekend so that she can verify my story. I hope Bellong efforts in trying to see that the portal is re-opened yields positive result.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Malachi_Ola: , you don't want to bother your own family members and your friends, not that they lack money , you want strangers on a website to pay for your schoolfees?

If you read my first post you will clearly see that I have tried all my possible best but its not just yielding any positive outcome. I decide to post this on Nairaland when I've tried all other options. It took me a long while to finally get the courage to post this here because I know many people will find it hard to believe such story especially from someone they don't know.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Tinkybabe(f): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is amazing!People's readiness to help .
I join my faith with others for the re-opening of the portal.
You will graduate when you ought to in Jesus' name.
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tinkybabe: This is amazing!People's readiness to help .
I join my faith with others for the re-opening of the portal.
You will graduate when you ought to in Jesus' name.
It is well

Amen. Thanks for the prayer.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 12, 2013
fineboy2:

If you read my first post you will clearly see that I have tried all my possible best but its not just yielding any positive outcome. I decide to post this on Nairaland when I've tried all other options. It took me a long while to finally get the courage to post this here because I know many people will find it hard to believe such story especially from someone they don't know.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ok people,I just met with OP. I saw his last payment slip and even his O'levels result with his pictures. At this point,I'm convinced he's who he claims to be and with "Bellong's" online confirmation too,his case looks genuine as can be.

He needs 64,500 to complete his school fees. Funkybaby is giving 25K, I'm giving 10K which leaves him with 29,500 to balance. I have his account details,please whoever wants to support this young guy can send me a mail for his account details with ifyalways at gmail.

Btw, if you know anyone that knows anyone that can employ him for casual or part time jobs in Ilorin, don't hesitate to PM the OP. Above all,we pray that for his sake, the online payment portal would be opened once again.
God bless!

7 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
While we are making every efforts to plead with the university in re-opening the portal, I hope his fees can be completed ahead of time when the school will have a change of mind.

The VC is back and he is presently adamant to re-opening it. He said, he had initially re-opened it for a month after the first deadline. The hope I believe the OP has now is that the younger brother of the Speaker to the Kwara state house of assembly is also affected because the guy was not around during the payment period. I know the VC will succumb to pressures from all sides to re-open the portal. It may be just for only one-two days.

The big hurdle for the OP is in raising the money so as not to lose out when it is eventually re-opened.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by nadesh(f): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
Allah is great
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadesh: His story has been confirmed so you can help now, wink

You need not remind me. I stay true to my words. cool

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Bellong, Please can u inform the house when the portal is open?

@Ifyalways, Nice job. Welcome! Please send his account details to phemahema@yahoo.com. Will make an anonymous deposit immediately Bellong confirms the re opening of the portal.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Phema: @Bellong, Please can u inform the house when the portal is open?

@Ifyalways, Nice job. Welcome! Please send his account details to phemahema@yahoo.com. Will make an anonymous deposit immediately Bellong confirms the re opening of the portal.

I guess it is better he has the money before the portal is opened because it may not last long before it is closed. Considering you will send the money to Ify, Ify in turn will also send to him. It may get closed before the money get to him.

I suggest that all the contributions be kept with Ify and she can release it immediately the portal is opened.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
To everyone who has promised to help, may God continue to bless you. I thank Bellong for his efforts in trying to see that portal is reopened. I also thank ifyalways for taking time to meet with me today. She even gave me transport fare. I really appreciate.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread. May God Almighty bless you all.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
bellong:

I guess it is better he has the money before the portal is opened because it may not last long before it is closed. Considering you will send the money to Ify, Ify in turn will also send to him. It may get closed before the money get to him.

I suggest that all the contributions be kept with Ify and she can release it immediately the portal is opened.

Oh, I thought Ify said she will send his account details to anyone interested in helping out.

I hope and pray they re-open the portal, but what happens if it isn't re-opened after we have made the contributions? Just being practical here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snake In The Stomach / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / God bless all Mothers. Amen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.