Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58296 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by HIROSHI: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2008
allhavoc:

2008 rankings: http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

We should cover our heads in shame, no Nigerian university in Top 50 in Africa cry

There is no much cause for shame here. The criteria they used were : Visibility(external in-link) - 50%; size (of web page) - 20%; rich file - 15 %; scholar - 15%.

With these rating criteria, even well publicised but poorly administered private varsities (some of whom were just glorified and beautifully packaged monotechnics in reality) would even outshine their older, proven and better established counterparts.

Imagine only OAU and UI were listed in among Africa's first 500. Where are the ABUs, UNILAGs, UNIBENs, UNAABs, UNNs, UNIPORTs e.t.c ?Certainly, the rating is disagreeably.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by helium44(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Poster
This thread is fast turning to a competiton ground.Aferall u never posted for graduates or students to debate on why their skul should be NO 1.

@everyone
Pls go back to the original thread and stop acting foolishly (dont take personal). d first Q? is Which skul do you respect most or which would you choose to go in descnng order of preference.he is not asking u to say why your skul shuld b no 1 irrespective of educational quality or whatever.pls get this straight.

for me its UNILAG,OAU and UI.Shekina!!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by seunspice(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2008
The votes on this thread dont lie, i graduated from Ife quite a while ago and in the three offices i have worked till date i can only thank God i went to Ife, like we sing at Ife then "if i come to the world again, i would go back to ife". other schools are equally great but on the average an Ife student who attended school with an open mind and allows ife to pass through him/her is too loaded to fail.

I hardly ever visited UI although i grew up in Ibadan, i have been to Unilag couple of times and i am always impressed by what i see but nothing compares to Ife in terms of 'aroism', Dynamism, Architectural structures and all the works. even at my present office it is always beefs when 2 Ife grads are together doing this or that.

Greatest Ife!!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by skyboy1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2008
as 4 me o, i will choose Great ife first, followd by U. I and then UNILAG.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by yolaleye: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2008
It baffles me comparing OAU, OAU, I mean Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy to U.I, UNILAG, I mean!!, make better comparisms- which school would u rather go- OAU, Harvard, RGU,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by niyi09(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
OAU RELEASES POST-UME RESULTS IN LESS THAN 72hrs

About seventy two hours after it conducted its Post UME screening, the authorities of OAU, Ile-Ife, have released the results of the exercise.

Olarewaju further states that out of about more than twenty-three thousand (23,000) candidates who sat for the OAU Post-UME screening, in 32 centres, less than seven thousand (7,000) scored 200 marks and above, adding that 200 marks remains the pass mark for those seeking admission to OAU through UME Post-UME, after which each department will now fix its cut-off mark(s) for the admission of students for the next academic session.

It will be recalled that the OAU authorities conducted its Post-UME screening last Saturday, 26th July, 2008 and the results came out three (3) days after. ANOTHER FEAT FROM OAU.ANOTHER RECORD AGAIN.LET OTHER UNIVERSITIES BEAT IT.GREATEST IFE
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Configur(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
U.I for life. we no dey fumble.CONFIRM!!!. peace
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by niyyas: 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
does anybody have info about YOU.I Direct Entry
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nauttyprof(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
Please let's say the truth. Unilag is still the best in Nigeria, i didnt gain admission 2 d skul but with what i've seen in terms of d Lecturers recieving awards Nationally n also from co-operate bodies, they mostly come from Unilag. Recently one received an award 4 discovering a stabilising flux 4 our roads, which is currently gaining international interest. Most of us are being bias all b'cos we didnt gain admission to this skul. The Skul stresses student 2 bring d best in them. Well, Unilag, UI then OAU.

1 Like

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by souless: 3:08am On Aug 07, 2008
Please when comparing schools, Unilag should not be included. I am so disapointed in that school. Before I got admitted for my second degree into Unilag, I thought that all we heard about the school as per academics and others we will definately experience, but right now I and most of my classmates are wondering if it was a wise idea going to such a school, where their lecturers behave as if they are in the medieval age, as if they are Lord and master of unilag, that no school authority can bring them to order. everything about that school is noithing to write home about. Academics is zero, we keep wondering who actually employed these lecturere that do not know how to impact knowledge. School accomodation is Zero. Have any of you been to their post graduate hostel (the masters level), called Erin carr, gees, you would just wonder. The rooms are so small, and from info we got the room was actually built to occupy one student, but because of their love for money, the authorities of the school decided to allocate a room to two students. We are really tired. I don't think the lecturers can discern between what a part time programme is and a full time programme. They fixed their part time time table for 6pm everyday, but some really dumb lectures came and chaged their lecture time to 5pm, knowing that alot of us opted for part time because we work, thus cannot get to class for 5. And when you eventually make the class at 6.25pm, the same dumb lecturer will embarass you, and warn you not to come late to his class again, or simply ask you to stand outside. They treat their post graduate students as if they are jambites. Unilag lecturers lack curtsey. When the come one hour late to class, they never apologise, and to think that most of them said they schooled abroad. We just wonder.We are really disappointed in  Unilag.

You really went to Unilag and you don't know there is no hall named Erin Carr, are you kidding me!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by emonkey(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2008
No need to compete , cooperate instead at Naija kampus Komm-unity http://www.kampuskommunity.com

I vote Unilag anyway grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by emonkey(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2008
souless:

You really went to Unilag and you don't know there is no hall named Erin Carr, are you kidding me!!!!

I am sure he means Henry Carr grin grin So much for quality of English these days grin grin. Obviously it is all hearsay, and he has never visited Henry Carr (and probably never been to Unilag too cheesy cheesy )
From time memorial, Henry Carr rooms have accommodated two students. Most Nigerian university lecturers have also from time memorial been traditionally a**holes anyway. So what is your beef ?
Have you been to some of the "universities" in UK ? They can't rival our universities for environment. Many of them have just a handful of buildings and no students accommodation.

No need to compete , cooperate instead at Naija kampus Komm-unity http://www.kampuskommunity.com
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by generalpam: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
who talk, UNILAG is da best any time any day, u na no get mouth na we get mouth past commot here,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2008
Interesting 2 c dis thread still rock. IFE! Still rambling?

@ nairaguy, nice1.

@ife-eco6 - Or are you one of those people that ran berserk because they couldn't secure admission into Ife?

Veryyyyy funny!

@ife-eco6 - For your information, I had filled UNILAG in my UME form in 2000 before my brother(himself a Unilag product) advised that I should erase it. His reason: Even with 300 in UME,admission is not guaranteed in Unilag, because it is for the HIGHEST BIDDER,not the MOST BRILLIANT. I took corrector fluid and changed it to Ife.

So u really wanted UNILAG but ur broda misled u? now ur beefing? Well, For your information, am not from a rich home, scored 260 in jamb, n got into UNILAG, now I can make a rich home, n make homes rich. LOL.

@ife-eco06, pls dont think am picking on u, I just think ur an intelligent ife grad and am wondering how much more u would b if u schooled at UNILAG. Maybe ur thots of having ur masters at UNILAG isn’t a bad idea at all
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2008
server33:

Interesting 2 c this thread still rock. IFE! Still rambling?

@ nairaguy, nice1.

@ife-eco6 - Or are you one of those people that ran berserk because they couldn't secure admission into Ife?

Veryyyyy funny!

@ife-eco6 - For your information, I had filled UNILAG in my UME form in 2000 before my brother(himself a Unilag product) advised that I should erase it. His reason: Even with 300 in UME,admission is not guaranteed in Unilag, because it is for the HIGHEST BIDDER,not the MOST BRILLIANT. I took corrector fluid and changed it to Ife.

So u really wanted UNILAG but your brother misled u? now your beefing? Well, For your information, am not from a rich home, scored 260 in jamb, n got into UNILAG, now I can make a rich home, n make homes rich. LOL.

@ife-eco06, please don't think am picking on u, I just think your an intelligent ife grad and am wondering how much more u would b if u schooled at UNILAG. Maybe your thoughts of having your masters at UNILAG isn’t a bad idea at all

Like I have mentioned here several times, the opportunity to attend Ife is one of the greatest things that have ever happened to me in my life. Dad finished from Lag, my brother(now MD of an Investment bank) finished from Lag, so Lag was all I knew before 2000. I knew little about Ife. But if I knew much about Ife then, I wouldn't have chosen Lag in the first place. But my brother knew more and advised me to choose Ife, despite the fact that he finished from Lag. I reluctantly took his advice, but today I'm thanking him for that advice. Changing my University choice from Lag to Ife, few days before I submitted my form, remains one of the top three decisions I have taken in my life!!!

I still respect Unilag. After Ife, Lag comes second, as far I'm concerned.

As regards considering Unilag, if I want to do my masters in Nigeria( I have vowed not to do my masters in Nigeria anyway), the simple reason is that I work in Lagos, so can't be going to Ife for my masters.
server33:

Veryyyyy funny!

FYI, I wrote UME once and gained admission into Ife straight away. By God's grace, I never had problem securing admission. I never gave my credentials to anybody to help me with admission. But I know people that almost killed themselves because they didn't get Ife admission, pursuing Ife for more than five times before settling for the SU-varsities.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ife-eco. no offences taken. for u, ife 1st - lag 2nd. for me, lag 1st, Ibadan 2nd, ife 3rd. lets leave it at dat. nice 2 meet u, more grease 2 ur elbow. all d best.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
server33:

@ife-eco. no offences taken. for u, ife 1st - lag 2nd. for me, lag 1st, Ibadan 2nd, ife 3rd. lets leave it at that. nice 2 meet u, more grease 2 your elbow. all d best.
Chikena
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by chukwukadi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
but UNILAG has d best and most beautiful teaching hospital among d 3
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by illusion2: 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2009
eminemkayc:

U MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR SOME PEOPLE!! BUT YOUR ABSOLUTELY WRONG AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!! FIRST OF ALL BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD I BAGGED A FIRST CLASS IN ONE OF NAIJA'S FOREMOST INSITUTIONS AND HAVE MET MY COLLEAGUES FROM DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD(because I NOW WORK IN THE OIL ANG GAS SECTOR) AND ULL BE SHOCKED TO FIND OUT THAT EVEN MOST OF THEM WHO STUDY THERE don't KNOW HOW TO USE THE AFFOREMENTIONED SOFTWARES BECAUSE OF LACK OF INTEREST!! THOUGH ITS INCLUDED IN THEIR CORICULLUM WHICH IS LACKING IN OUR DEAR NAIJA'S INSTITUTION. SECONDLY, ITS NOT TRUE THAT MOST FIRST CLASS ENGINEERS AND GOOD 2.1'S don't NO HOW 2 CARRY OUT ENGINEERING ANALYSIS! ITS UNFAIR ON UR PART, BECAUSE UP TILL NOW, THERE IS HARDLY ANY KNOWN EQUATION IN MATHEMATICS AND CIVIL ENGINEERING THAT I CANNOT PROOVE (because AM INTO RESEARCH AND ONLY UNWIND AT NAIRALAND.COM) AND MANY OTHERS OUT THERE!  tongue ITS JUST THAT UVE NOT MET INTELLIGENT FOLKS THATS Y U SOUND LIKE THIS(A DRUNK  grin grin)?! U SPEND UR TYME VISITING NIGHT CLUBS WHERE U MEET HOLIGANS AS UNDERGRADUATES AND U THEREAFTER, GENERALIZE BASED ON UR DEMONIC HALLUCINATION.
FINALLY, I LEARNT HOW TO USE SOFTWARES RELATED TO MY DISCIPLINE WHILE I WAS IN SCHOOL(AUTOCAD,STADD PRO AND AUTODESK REVIT) AND AM STILL LEARNING MORE! SO U COULD AS WELL DISCARD UR INFORMATION DOWN THE DRAINS!! tongue tongue grin 

Bros no vex o, but did your degree include English? You'd love to see Eminem 'live' not 'life'.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by chyk91(m): 1:15am On Jan 04, 2009
i would o 2 unilag, why;
closer to the house, chics,nice buildings,not as dry as the other 2 u mentioned, and they are gud academically.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by cvibe: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2009
Unilag
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by pongwa(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2009
ok enuf of that bull shit, unilag is ok, they r both top federal unis but i will authoritatively tell u because i switched from the university even with good grades to great ife that ife is the better take it or leave u see i know it if u dont know it then its a pity because i can see what u cannot see instead comparison shld be made btw uniben,ilorin,unilag and the rest. ife stands alone. come down here and see for urselves.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by segzypark(m): 6:09am On Oct 26, 2009
Really there is nothing to debate about, OAU is simply the best institution:is the family-like behaviur?when you are in oau,you simply 4get about your family at home,when it comes to studying,oau is not left out, for instance, a friend of mine came from ui to visit me,so i intentionally took him to my faculty around 2am,he was amazed when he saw great ife student reading like mad even when its not exam period, Do i need to say more?e fore le joooooooo
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ccollins(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2009
I am not frm ui but there is no doubt that ui is better than the two presently
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by atunje(f): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
whether you like it or not,unilag is the best
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ccollins(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
Oau,its vry ridiculous.cos ones parent never sent his child to sch to start looking at buldings and architecture.if not,many students would be @ convenant.i prefer becos UI ACADEMIC RICH HISTORY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.THE ALUMNI OF UI IS ALSO THE BEST COS most lecturers who taught the lecturers at ife would say They had their education @ UI OR in the diaspora.the last zain africa challenge,UI CAME FIRST BEATING Unilag to second.a Ui first class holder is better than that of oau and at interviews,UI IS MORE RESPECTED.IF ITS BEAUTY We are looking for.u can take a look at university of capetown,convenant e.t.c. Don't denigrate me cos i am not any in of the schools.UI, Ahrrgh! Their academic strictness makes even their third class look brillant.a first class holder in unilag or oau should try a post-graduate there.if its easy @ UI .JUST INSULT ME ANYHOW U LIKE BUT I STILL KNOW THAT UI IS NO 1 AMONG THE THREE.GOODBYE
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ccollins(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2009
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ccollins(m): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2009
Hmm
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by segzypark(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
ok guys,to tell you the fact,i had a diploma in theater arts at ui{05-07} and am currently in 200L in oau studying sociology & anthropology, so am really in the best position to give a lasting judgment to the discussion on board, lol, ok,U.I is ok but OAU trains you to be on your own,OAU trains you to be a leader, honestly,you might not understand what am saying not until you have a taste of oau, Am proud to be an OAUITE, But the fact still remains that none of nigerian universities are listed in the best world universities and this gives me a great concern,so wats our joy all about?, think about it
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2009
segzypark:

ok guys,to tell you the fact,i had a diploma in theater arts at ui{05-07} and am currently in 200L in oau studying sociology & anthropology, so am really in the best position to give a lasting judgment to the discussion on board, lol, ok,U.I is ok but OAU trains you to be on your own,OAU trains you to be a leader, honestly,you might not understand what am saying not until you have a taste of oau, Am proud to be an OAUITE, But the fact still remains that none of nigerian universities are listed in the best world universities and this gives me a great concern,so wats our joy all about?, think about it
u're a GREAT IFE, nothing like OAUITE
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by segzypark(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
u're a GREAT IFE, nothing like OAUITE, @ Jarus,notin do u sha but its good to improvise,dats how good student are identified
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by atunje(f): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
He,he,he, UNILAG is the best in Nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.