Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (7525 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Judges 21:10-12

10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
Numbers 31:7-18

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

2 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
1 Kings 20:35-36

35 Meanwhile, the Lord instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, “Hit me!” But the man refused to hit the prophet. 36 Then the prophet told him, “Because you have not obeyed the voice of the Lord, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me.” And when he had gone, a lion did attack and kill him.

2 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Judges 21:10-12

10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.
And how were they supposed to know the Virgins?

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
This just proves The Jews are wicked souls and their God is worse than their Satan. Christians I hope u reading this. What your God condoles.
So annoying that it's this same wicked God, they call loving and merciful.

6 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by tobechi74: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
What makes the verses great?

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
tobechi74: What makes the verses great?
it proves your God supports wickedness

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
1 Timothy 2:12

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Genesis 22:2

2 “Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: 1 Timothy 2:12

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
Jesus Christ......buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

This got me cracking! tongue satanists dey vex sha

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by sylve11: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Jesus Christ......buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

This got me cracking! tongue satanists dey vex sha

i tell ugrin cool
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ephesians 5:22

Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
macof: favourite verse of shallow minded fools

Thank God for the Bible. Embrace it and become civilized.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Exodus 22:18

18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Image123:

Thank God for the Bible. Embrace it and become civilized.
civilisation ends as soon as you become Christian
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by truthislight: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2013
macof: This just proves The Jews are wicked souls and their God is worse than their Satan. Christians I hope u reading this. What your God condoles.
So annoying that it's this same wicked God, they call loving and merciful.

You fell for those out off context verses i guess.

If someone should write that Macof killed a man and slit the man's stomach without giving the reasons for your action, that the man had attacked you and your family at night, how will you feel and how reasonable will such a reported incident be ?

Nonsense you will say i guess ? But here you are doing exactly the same thing.

Same old story i guess.
Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2013
Psalms 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2013
11. Genesis 19:8

“Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2013
Leviticus 24:16

16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2013
2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2013
1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Like seriously?!!!!
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Like seriously?!!!!

You never see.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by RationalDude(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
The old testament of the bible is just something else. @Image123, are Christians ashamed of the verses that you have been posting?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Genesis 16:8-9

8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where didst thou come from and where wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.

9 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to your owner, and submit thyself to her.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Exodus 4:24-25

24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit / Christ Embassy Pastor Oyakhilome Suspends Nephew Pastor Daysman Oyakhilome / Are Muslims Truly Hoping for 72 Virgins,wine,milk and honey In Allah's Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.