Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168472 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
Career in geophysics

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
Getting through school can be difficult especially when it is a course in the geosciences. The school is the other factor because the lecturers can so frustrate that you wont want to practise. Getting on this forum has given me a fresh perspective on a career in geosciences and i'm indeed grateful to imag5 for this insight. I mean back in oau, we never had all this insights. Thanks again
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 08, 2013
I_am_strata: Getting through school can be difficult especially when it is a course in the geosciences. The school is the other factor because the lecturers can so frustrate that you wont want to practise. Getting on this forum has given me a fresh perspective on a career in geosciences and i'm indeed grateful to imag5 for this insight. I mean back in oau, we never had all this insights. Thanks again
yeah school is tough,most of them don't know what they taught,ability to move on it is wat that matters....gracias
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 08, 2013
Yeah, right! That's why most people often go one on one lecture after school so as to get a better view of the course they studied. Besides, that's why self-development is the best tool you could ever do on yourself.

I_am_strata: Getting through school can be difficult especially when it is a course in the geosciences. The school is the other factor because the lecturers can so frustrate that you wont want to practise. Getting on this forum has given me a fresh perspective on a career in geosciences and i'm indeed grateful to imag5 for this insight. I mean back in oau, we never had all this insights. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2013
2s£xy:
Yeah, right! That's why most people often go one on one lecture after school so as to get a better view of the course they studied. Besides, that's why self-development is the best tool you could ever do on yourself.

love this mindset
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2013
Nigerian schools are so difficult to tackle except for the brave.

P.S: I sent you a message on whatsapp. A friend needs orientation and he too is a geophysics graduate. Once he tells you 2sexy directed him to you, kindly help out. Good thing is that he is currently in PH as a corper.

God bless. Together we shall succeed.
imag5: yeah school is tough,most of them don't know what they taught,ability to move on it is wat that matters....gracias
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2013
@2sexy I got ur msg! Thanks million times!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2013
@2sexy, am the guy!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Maths125(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2013
Am a fresher of this 2013/14 season. I wish I have first class but people say it not easy
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Maths125: Am a fresher of this 2013/14 season. I wish I have first class but people say it not easy
its very much possible but you have to be ready to pay the price and which school is that?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Omieye22: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
imag5: Strictly for Geophysicst,Geologist,petroleum engineers, lets discuss the future.....in terms of career development,job prospect,also will be discussing about various oil and gas activities in Nigeria.....any way let me start by introducing myself,my name is imagwe marcus,a graduate of geophysics......all contributions are welcome..the future belongs to those that are well prepared for it thanks and GOd bless.
what about gas engineer gas is the future too!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
Omieye22: what about gas engineer gas is the future too!
you are welcomed on board Gas is the future.....we recognized you
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
Maths125: Am a fresher of this 2013/14 season. I wish I have first class but people say it not easy
Hahahahaha, that's what people say, what do you say to yourself "yes I can make it" like peak milk will say "its in you" for me even though I have good results, still felt I would have done better, my advise for you now is focus from day 1, every second counts. pls which school?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hey pals.. i was at JC Intl at PH and mehnnn...the prices werent cheap at all....
any idea where i could do some other projects which are pocket friendly?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mister Dan: Hey pals.. i was at JC Intl at PH and mehnnn...the prices werent cheap at all....
any idea where i could do some other projects which are pocket friendly?
lol oil and gas courses are expensive, when you will be earning blood money you forget the money you use in training...

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ademat7(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hello guys,I found dis thread worth millions of dollar in value hw? A man once told m that 'in life u nid to stand on d shoulder of those that have been there to c far ahead of them' you guys r building d next generation expert and by d way u r mentoring upcoming ones,I salute u oo
My issue is dis am a Soil science and land management student about to enta final year if not 4 strike my supervisor has not show up cos of ASUU strike,what I want to do is get a good project topic cos my supervisor major in geology and pedology which I knw u Guys help in one way or d other....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
Happy weekend.....2 every1 in this BIG geoscience family! The future is bright...but you need to acquire the neccessary skills to make it clearer!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:35am On Nov 09, 2013
imag5: lol oil and gas courses are expensive, when you will be earning blood money you forget the money you use in training...
still remember last year when my friend got a job in shell, graduate trainee Geophysicist, the first money that entered his account he posted on Facebook "blood money", many people didn't understand what he meant but I did.

5 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
ideology:
still remember last year when my friend got a job in shell, graduate trainee Geophysicist, the first money that entered his account he posted on Facebook "blood money", many people didn't understand what he meant but I did.
grin its suppose to be 'clean blood money'

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
just got a text sayin I can still register for nape conference under the name of my school for 15k and without paying the annual dues am owing. but unfortunately have bought a generator with the money, lol, no light here where am serving, pls I really need assistance with any software make I use kill NYSC time till my pop by June, 2014
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by stevebent(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello guys, I'm studying electrical and electronics engineering in PTI, Effurun. I want to work in the oil company, which course would u advise me study in my masters for better job prospects? Will foreign universities accept HND to do masters? Urgent answers needed. Thks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
No be small blood money.......the issue is those who have spent 30 to 40 yrs there still want to stay there and die inside...they dont want to give room for the younger generation. ......I have a target thats 15yrs max in the O&G industry after that I wiuld resign and face my energy services and shipping firm.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Omieye22: what about gas engineer gas is the future too!
Welcome onboard bro....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
stevebent: Hello guys, I'm studying electrical and electronics engineering in PTI, Effurun. I want to work in the oil company, which course would u advise me study in my masters for better job prospects? Will foreign universities accept HND to do masters? Urgent answers needed. Thks
Instrumentation and controls engineering.... Is the way forward man
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2013
Good morning house,hope u are winning,remember it not over until you win..have a bless weekend,agenda of the week,list the software you can use in geophysics and petroleum engineering, andi will be teaching some guys how to you use Petrel thanks......contact if you wanna learn petrel 101

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ow11(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
ideology: just got a text sayin I can still register for nape conference under the name of my school for 15k and without paying the annual dues am owing. but unfortunately have bought a generator with the money, lol, no light here where am serving, pls I really need assistance with any software make I use kill NYSC time till my pop by June, 2014

Learn how to use a drawing software (CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator) in addition to updating your PowerPoint skills. These you can get easily online or from a friend

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Welcome wink
Saryea83: @2sexy, am the guy!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am a PTI product. Welcome on board, bro.

Well, all schools in US accept our HND and you would be offered Master Program direct without PGD.
All you have to do is convert your diploma degree to their standard over there in the US.

There are organisations that provide this service. Wes.org is the most recognised among US school. Just send your transcript and they will do the convertion which comprises of both OND and HND individual semester exams.

Good luck.
stevebent: Hello guys, I'm studying electrical and electronics engineering in PTI, Effurun. I want to work in the oil company, which course would u advise me study in my masters for better job prospects? Will foreign universities accept HND to do masters? Urgent answers needed. Thks

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
What kind of skills, technical or non-technica, should fresh graduates obtain?

Please list them cos sometimes when you talk about skills, people find it difficult and this is highly required in today's world.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
2s£xy:
What kind of skills, technical or non-technica, should fresh graduates obtain?

Please list them cos sometimes when you talk about skills, people find it difficult and this is highly required in today's world.

so many bro it depends on your area of interest you must have passion first
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
In case of Crude Oil Production Operation

Oil Well Drilling

Geology/ Geophysics

Wireline

etc.

If you can sort them out accord respectively, I will really appreciate.

imag5: so many bro it depends on your area of interest you must have passion first
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by EdDave(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2013
Been looking out for this since the beginning of this thread.
I m already a graduate of EEE Bm(B.Eng). What r my chances?
imag5: Instrumentation and controls engineering.... Is the way forward man.

Where can i do my instrumentation course, duration and amount?
Been looking out for this since the beginning of this thread.
I m already a graduate of EEE Bm(B.Eng). What r my chances?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.