Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer (1788 Views)

Assistant Production Supervisor / Do You Need A Freelance Researcher Or Documentary Filmmaker? {production} / Do You Need A Freelance Researcher Or Documentary Filmmaker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
A documentary production (on careers in Nigeria) requires an Assistant Production Officer. This challenging 4 to 8-week contract job comes with a generous weekly salary.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) Personal integrity is very scarce these days, but is essential for this job. You must be a completely honest person. One little lie can cost you the job. The producer won't accept excuses in lieu of performance.

2) The production is based in Sango Ota, but production will likely take place all over Lagos State and Ogun State. You must be willing to travel everywhere and set up meetings with lots of people to move the project forward.

3) You must be willing to assist the director with miscellaneous tasks during video shoots. Such tasks might include interviewing subjects, arranging for transportation of heavy video equipment, holding the boom mic, etc.

4) You must have an intelligent and creative mind. When unexpected challenges come up, you'll be required to figure out solutions and carry them out to make sure the production remains on schedule. Remember: no excuses.

5) Sometimes, you'll be required to research various topics, draw up viable plans, or conduct various surveys. You must be highly literate, a lover of knowledge, efficient, and Internet-aware. Preferably a graduate of a related discipline.

6) This is a 48 hour, Monday to Saturday job, because many interviewees will only be free on weekends.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1) Submit your application letter and complete CV to the producer, Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa, at [email][/email]. (No .docX attachments please; convert to .DOC or .PDF). Try to highlight any experiences that are relevant to this project.

2) If you're chosen, the producer will contact you for a pre-interview by phone, email, or chat.

3) If you scale that hurdle, the producer will invite you to Sango Ota for a final interview. Good luck.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by Seun(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2008
Special note for would-be applicants: please, try to drop a short application along with your CV. Thanks.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by prommy(f): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2008
You would have stated the place for the job because i believe that most people like work from a particular area.I need Job too but it must be in kano state.i read nursing and in my final year at b.u.k reading special education .AM REALLY SERIOUS.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by texazzpete(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2008
prommy:

You would have stated the place for the job because i believe that most people like work from a particular area.I need Job too but it must be in kano state.i read nursing and in my final year at b.u.k reading special education .AM REALLY SERIOUS.

*sigh*
If not that i'm just coming back from a ban 'for calling someone daft', i'd have used harsher words to reply you.

However, in the spirit of mildness, i enjoin you to please read the original post clearly. He needs someone in Lagos and Ogun. Kano didn't come up for discussion at all.

Good luck in your search sha.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by Sisikill: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2008
texazzpete:

*sigh*
If not that i'm just coming back from a ban 'for calling someone daft', i'd have used harsher words to reply you.

However, in the spirit of mildness, i enjoin you to please read the original post clearly. He needs someone in Lagos and Ogun. Kano didn't come up for discussion at all.

Good luck in your search sha.

LMAO! Your restraint should be rewarded.

@ Topic

*Sigh*

What I'd give to be in Sango Ota right now. It's just not fair I tells ya. Oh well not much I can do but wish whoever gets the job the very best. It sounds like it would be an amazing opportunity. . . enjoy it.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2008
Some tips for those that are interested in the job:

- If you forget to write a short application note, I may forget to read or respond to your CV.
To excel at this job, you must be able to follow simple procedures that have been laid down.

- It is helpful to include your experiences in film/tv/video/radio/drama/magazine production in your CV.
If you don't have any, you may be considered for an unpaid position if you're really determined.
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2008
Seun:

Some tips for those that are interested in the job:

- If you forget to write a short application note, I may forget to read or respond to your CV.
To excel at this job, you must be able to follow simple procedures that have been laid down.

- It is helpful to include your experiences in film/tv/video/radio/drama/magazine production in your CV.
If you don't have any, you may be considered for an[b] unpaid [/b] position if you're really determined.

kai! see capitalist!
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by ztyle(m): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2008
Lol grin
Re: Documentary Production Needs Assistant Production Officer by lumynouz(m): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2008
@ seun
here is d deal,
first thanks for the link you sent to my chat window buts its a pity you were already signing out, i have to show appreciation through this medium
Also i think its the opportunity i have been waiting for, the unpaid post is a definite yes for me, so what must i do to get on board>
Expecting your reply soonest.

(1) (Reply)

Oau Ile Ife Admission / Bristish Council Recruits / Massive Recruitment For Cleaners In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.