Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Hero - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hero (1405 Views)

The Fallen Hero- A Poem For Muhammad Gadaffi / The Almajiri Who Became A Hero / Always A Hero You Are Papa- A Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yeah..
You've all tried. Encouraging me, advising me, criticizing for my betterment.
But before I commence this new, short story of mine, I would like to apologize for not completing ''Love In My Favour'', as I ran out of Idea on it. So, as a treat to my fans and lovers of Literature I would like to give opportunity to anyone that can put in their own ideas to complete the obviously interesting story and Their names/nicks would be recognized boldly on the Header.
May God bless you as you read this story.
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the author(Rap Maestro) The Title, thoughts, plot, characters, settings, quotes and all its contents are properties of the
author.
No part of this work; either in parts or in whole should be reproduced in any format; electronic or
otherwise without permission from the author and
the Administrator of nairaland or the Moderator of
literature section of nairaland.
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
The moon shone brightly on the earth, its light on the Ocean was reflected by the strong, huge wave causing the environment to be like scenes in a Romeo & Juliet movie directed by Steven bernard.
The environment was filled to the brim with people storming the entrance of Eko Atlantic Hall.
Standing beside one of the pillars of the building, out of the way of the stampede stood a guy, he was on his singlet, the heat in the hall must have been unbearable, why won't it? Not with that amount of turnout. The guy had on his shoulder his shirt, and his denim trouser was rolled up to the knee revealing two muscular legs, perfectly fit for his physique. His footwear must have either been buried in the sand or had been camouflagged with sands.
Tunde found himself wondering why he had even paid five thousand Naira{#5,000} to come to the much hyped, anticipated Koko Concert. He was angry at his friends who had forced him to join them to come witness the show that was later tagged ''WALK OF LIFE''.
He was outside of the Eko Atlantic city hall, with people trooping in from various angles, he saw some people drawing Banky W towards them to snap picture with them or sign an autograph for them, he laughed at the celebrities obsession. He had watched a documentary on Michael Jackson where a fan had fainted because of M.J, he found it amusing and thought that was stupid but as an aspiring artiste also, he silently prayed and wished for such. He swiftly moved amidst the growing crowd towards the area where they had parked their bus, he thought his friends and their babes would meet him there, his yellow sneakers had turned sandy brown, the long walk towards the venue on the sandy beach had done its job on the sneakers. It would require a sponge and liquid soap to wash it off, he thought while walking, gradually getting closer to the parked Toyota hiace bus that his friend had managed to lend from his place of work, not without paying some amount to the
gateman who had cautiously stolen the bus-key from their boss' office and had
given him time to return it. Tunde had warned against that, but his friend Jibola, who loved parties and clubbing a lot had waved the warning aside.
His shirt hung on his shoulder, while his singlet was drenched with his sweat, the hall was hot despite the numerous A/C in the hall, he thought. He got to the parked bus, pulled the door and was surprised that the door gave way easily, he realized out of anxiousness, Jhybo as he is fondly known to him forgot to lock the bus. He searched for any missing items in the bus and was relieved when he realized there was non, he sighed and found himself jumping in haste onto the van's seat, he rested his back on the leather seat, he was tired and felt sleepy. He brought out his phone, switched it on to check the time.
"Whaaat, 11:45.. So it's this late'', Tunde muttered sleepily. He scrolled through his phone contact, selected the name Jhybo and dialled away..
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Bukola had just switched off the ignition of her car, she was still on a nightie. Her friends, Tola, Helen and Chidinma, had called her, telling her to come quickly to pick them, as they were stranded. They told her that the guys they had went out with had left them at the concert, stranded, pointing out that they were been summoned urgently by their 'biggest bros' and would not be able to take the girls back home. Bukola had been the only person they could call on because she would definately keep their embarrasment to herself. She was what Tola called 'the girl with golden heart', she understood her friend's plight and had quickly came to her friends rescue.
She dialled Tola's phone, it was switched off, she was not surprised because her battery would be dead by now, if a BBM pinger could be graded, Tola would definately come first, Bukola thought and gave out a loud laughter. She dialled Chidinma's number, the call was picked after two rings,
"Where you at, girls?", Bukola asked immediately after the call was answered,
"We are in the hall", came the reply from a tiny, sweet voice.. Bukola could make out D'banj's Top of world track sounding at the background.
"So, how is the party going?", she teased, she had previously visited twitter and saw tweets condemning the concerts and the ash tags on the subjects, it was funny, she thought God had intentionally made the concert a flop to teach her party-freaks friend a lesson. Her thought made her laughed loud into the reciever,
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Tunde who was already dozing off in the bus after calling Jibola, was suddenly woken by the sound of a car that parked beside the bus. He noticed that there was only one person in the car, the occupant was on a night gown and a closer look revealed that the occupant was a female, she was laughing at something she was being told on the phone conversation she was having. Jide found himself thinking that she was sexy, the light from the car's interior that illuminated the car was enough for Jide to see the beauty that had just ended her call. She seems to have switched on the car stereo for Jide noticed that she was making a dancing movement in the car, clapping her hands and movement of head here and there in the car, how he wished he could dance with her there.
"Oh! How many liquour did I drink tonight that is making me say all these nonsense na?", Tunde scolded himself and shook his head hard, maybe it would erase the thought of that beautiful lady in the car but No, it didn't work.
After several minutes that Tunde sat in the bus, admiring the lady in the car he noticed two guys dressed in black, one was tall, dressed in black skinny jeans and black winter coat, it was really cold out here, Tunde thought and the other was a short guy, his face was hidden underneath a head warmer, he was similarly dressed like his colleague. They approached the parked Honda car, the short one stood distance away from the car while the tall one walked between the parked Hiace bus and the parked Honda up to the driver's side unaware of the prying eyes of Jide in the bus beside him, he knocked lightly on the window and muttered something. Tunde suspected something but was quick to wave it off,
"it could be her boyfriend who she was expecting", he said to himself, he was somehow jealous but continued watching the scene with interest.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Bukola ended the call and had the urge to listen to her beloved radio station, Maestro F.M, she so much loved the radio station and their professional personnels, most especially Oga Mynd, one of their funny O.A.P's, she would love to work for Maestro F.M, she thought.
That was the reason why she went for an audition she heard its advertisement on a Television channel 'Audition as a T.V Presenter', which she ended up bagging, due to her excellent and splendid delivery of scripts given to her, it was a step closer to her goal, she had thought. She was awarded the job and handsomely paid too. She tuned the F.M to her desired frequency and wasn't disappointed with Maroon 5's One Night that blared from the car speaker, she couldn't help but started clapping and dancing to the tune,
"these girls should please answer me, I need to get my sleep, well! Its just this night, One Night only and I won't render such assistance to them again", She muttered silently to herself and consoled herself with the tune that was been played.
Then she heard it again and looked sideways towards the source,
¤¤¤¤
She had heard the sound but due to her concentration on the music, she had overlooked it until it came again, this time, a little bit louder. She turned, thinking it was her friends but was wrong, as a strange guy's face peered through the car window, the guy was muttering something she couldn't hear, she tuned down the car stereo's volume and rolled down her window and smiled at the strange guy who was now pointing at the extreme, bottom of the car's bonnet, probably the tyre, she thought,
"it'd be a f**k up if this tyre had gone flat", she muttered underneath her breathe, she just wanted to get away from this God-forsaken place and be cozy underneath her bed-cover on her exquisite bed,
"what is it sir?", she innocently asked not aware of the prying eyes of Tunde somewhere in the bus opposite her and didn't had a clue that the guy standing a few metres away from her car was with the one very close to her,
"Sister, I think you have a flat tyre", the deep voice of the unknown guy said while he pointed at the tyre,
"Oh My God, and I have to get my friends home'', Bukola cursed and innocently opened the door and got out to inspect the extent of the damage.
She had quickly got down to inspect the damages she thought she had done to the tyres out of over-speeding, she had sped to come down here, she peeped at the tyre that was still surprisingly intact, she had turned to question the type of prank done to her by the f00l behind her but was siezed by the strange guy who was quickly joined by the guy standing few metres away from her car, the guy had on his right hand a cigarrete and a kitchen knife on the left hand. A third guy with big body soon joined the girl and helped dragged Bukola into the backseat of the car, they wanted to rape her there and probably steal her belongings, in the public?
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Hero by kingphilip(m): 4:49am On Nov 18, 2013
Ehen so wetin come happen now
Re: Hero by Winnie1950(f): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2013
Continue please. I don't like suspense o because it can kill. U beta update before person die o.
Re: Hero by LarrySun(m): 9:09am On Nov 18, 2013
Am I pemitted to point out errors?
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Am I pemitted to point out errors?
you can, but I'm gonna remove em due to some situations.. SORRY PEEPZ
Re: Hero by LarrySun(m): 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Rap maestro: you can, but I'm gonna remove em due to some situations.. SORRY PEEPZ
Please don't do that.
Re: Hero by Rapmaestro(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Please don't do that.
its just to have some things corrected(not editing)
Re: Hero by LarrySun(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Rap maestro: its just to have some things corrected(not editing)
Okay. Will be here.
Re: Hero by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Rap maestro y d pause?

(1) (Reply)

Baba Ni Jigi : Tales Of A Coloured Girl (part 4) / The mistress- PART 1 / The Day I Will Never Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.