Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! (740 Views)

The Gains And Losses Of ASUU Strike 2013 / Share Your Experience Since The Beginning Of ASUU Strike / Brief History Of #ASUU Strike From 1999 Till Date: Read & Share! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by Wakabook01(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
The young man you see in these photos is John Obot, a 300 level education student of the University of Uyo. During this ASUU strike action, he goes round secondary schools talking to young people about the dangers of substance abuse and addiction. With his NGO, the DAT FREE GENERATION INITIATIVE ( DAT means D - drugs, A - alcohol, T - tobacco), he organizes Addiction Awareness Campaigns across schools where he even demonstrates the effect of alcohol on the liver. So far he has touched about 12 schools and still counting. He says he derives joy and fulfilment from what he is doing and urges Nigerian students to find a way to impact society during this strike instead of waiting lazily for an uncertain ASUU.

Re: University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by Wakabook01(m): 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
More pix

Re: University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Taking advantage of circumstances! Nice 1.
Re: University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Lol! I also found work but am commencing after i promote my entry finish! Seeking 4 votes!
Re: University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by gboxbaba(m): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2013
Where my recharge card?
Re: University Of Uyo Student Makes Positive Use Of ASUU Strike Period! by Wakabook01(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
gboxbaba: Where my recharge card?
I can't find your comment on the blog.....click on the link and comment on any of the posts you find interesting.....good luck, because you have the opportunity to be first to comment on many posts.....

(1) (Reply)

Chief Godwin Okeke Of GUO Motors Escapes Death By Assassination In Onitsha / Do U Really Laugh Wheneva U Typed 'lol' In A Chat Message / Ejigbo 2: Victims Family Confirm One Of The Women Died After Torture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.